Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 PM   #2221
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Congratulations to your son! The picture you posted was great too! Although he says he won't smile, I think I see him smirking a little bit.
Thanks...I kind of noticed that too...just a crack of the smile. I may be prejudice, but he is a nice looking kid and has a great smile. But I told him he's really got to get rid of the earrings!
Old 05-05-2009, 03:08 PM   #2222
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Thanks...I kind of noticed that too...just a crack of the smile. I may be prejudice, but he is a nice looking kid and has a great smile. But I told him he's really got to get rid of the earrings!
He'll probably grow out of the earrings. I had 6 holes (i know weird) when I was his age. Then I went to just wearing 3.. then to 1... then to 0. I haven't had one in for about 5 years.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM   #2223
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
He'll probably grow out of the earrings. I had 6 holes (i know weird) when I was his age. Then I went to just wearing 3.. then to 1... then to 0. I haven't had one in for about 5 years.
Between the earrings, three tattoos and the growth on his face (he won't shave until the Blackhawks are out of the playoffs), I told him I wouldn't claim him as my own. But, luckily, I love the stink pot, so I've kept him all these years (he'll be 21 in three weeks).
Old 05-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #2224
Maybelle
I rode my inch worm down the street

Quote:
There is no table and chairs in the rooms anymore. There is a desk and chair and then two ottomans.

Yes, there is still a fridge. It is on the far left of the dresser behind the pull out door.

The fact that they switched the table and chairs over to a desk is really the only thing that I am not happy about so far that I have heard. I am really looking forward to staying at CSR in Aug...but I really like having a table. I'll get over it though...it is Disney after all!
Old 05-05-2009, 04:54 PM   #2225
EstherS
Mouseketeer

Ok, as I said earlier we just got back from 8 days at CSR. First impression was just wonderful, our CM Scott, was great at online check in. I was finishing his list of things before he had a chance. We arrived at 1:30pm and when I did the online bit, I put we would get in around 11:30am. Our room's weren't ready, but he gave us the first 2 numbers of the room. So we knew we were in Rancho 6B, which is renovated. We went and moved our car over to the area and then walked up to Pepper Market for a late lunch. First impression wasn't very good. The food we ordered just didn't taste good, but we also chalked that up to the fact we had just drove 20 hours to CSR. Dh and I tried it later in the week and it did taste better. Thou a few Pepper Market employees didn't seem to know much about the mugs.

Once we were done eating our room's were ready, oh we didn't fax in a request. We just stuck with our request of conecting rooms that we placed when we booked. We did get that request. The room's were nice, a few minor picks. The paint on the conecting doors was already peeling off. There was what looked like dark paint splattered on the wall behind the sliding door in our room.

also the beds were no way queen beds at least in the rooms we had. We have a queen at home and the beds at CSR seemed real small.

Over all we loved the resort and would definatly stay there again. We are actully trying to figure out when to go again.

April 2009 CSR took Daughter on her first trip to Disney!
Oct 24th - 30th 2010. TRIP CANCELED for medical reason's.
2012 & 2013 trip postponed laid off of my job.

So now planning a trip for 2014 or 2015 depending on when I find a job.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #2226
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstherS View Post
Ok, as I said earlier we just got back from 8 days at CSR. First impression was just wonderful, our CM Scott, was great at online check in. I was finishing his list of things before he had a chance. We arrived at 1:30pm and when I did the online bit, I put we would get in around 11:30am. Our room's weren't ready, but he gave us the first 2 numbers of the room. So we knew we were in Rancho 6B, which is renovated. We went and moved our car over to the area and then walked up to Pepper Market for a late lunch. First impression wasn't very good. The food we ordered just didn't taste good, but we also chalked that up to the fact we had just drove 20 hours to CSR. Dh and I tried it later in the week and it did taste better. Thou a few Pepper Market employees didn't seem to know much about the mugs.

Once we were done eating our room's were ready, oh we didn't fax in a request. We just stuck with our request of conecting rooms that we placed when we booked. We did get that request. The room's were nice, a few minor picks. The paint on the conecting doors was already peeling off. There was what looked like dark paint splattered on the wall behind the sliding door in our room.

also the beds were no way queen beds at least in the rooms we had. We have a queen at home and the beds at CSR seemed real small.

Over all we loved the resort and would definatly stay there again. We are actully trying to figure out when to go again.

I thought that too about the beds when we were there, but I think it was jsut because I am not used to seeing two of them side by side in that space. They were definitely bigger than the doubles that were there before though b/c we were in a non rennovated room and they were bigger than the old haedboards.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #2227
EstherS
Mouseketeer

I thought of something else I was going to share. Bus Service to and from parks was good, we were at bus station 3 (or stop 2). We only had to stand one time other wise plenty of room. The only park that we had problems with the buses was Epcot, to and from. We had to wait forever for buses running to Epcot. Then when leaving we had to wait almost an hour for a bus after 3 buses went by that said CSR. One of the guest chased them down and was told "Oops I have the wrong resort listed" In 90 degree heat it was a little annoying.

On the beds we thought it was because of 2 beds in the room, but the bed just fit different then our bed at home. Thou they were very comfy, made us realize how badly we need a new bed at home.
April 2009 CSR took Daughter on her first trip to Disney!
Oct 24th - 30th 2010. TRIP CANCELED for medical reason's.
2012 & 2013 trip postponed laid off of my job.

So now planning a trip for 2014 or 2015 depending on when I find a job.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:22 PM   #2228
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

sorry if this has been asked (I'm sure it has) but where is the # for faxing the resort?...thanks
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
Old 05-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #2229
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
sorry if this has been asked (I'm sure it has) but where is the # for faxing the resort?...thanks
Fax: (407) 939-1001
Old 05-05-2009, 07:11 PM   #2230
Amy&Dan
Huge, huge thongs of them
I think Disney's main purpose in life is to drive us all crazy!
Feelings are seldom about logic

Kathy, I love the picture and congratulations to Markie on his hard work and achievement! Looks like a smile to me! Of course my own son (14) hasn't smiled even that big since he decided it wasn't cool to smile.

Oh man, I look at these CSR pictures and I just weep that I am not staying there in June.

Old 05-05-2009, 07:30 PM   #2231
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy&Dan View Post
Kathy, I love the picture and congratulations to Markie on his hard work and achievement! Looks like a smile to me! Of course my own son (14) hasn't smiled even that big since he decided it wasn't cool to smile.

Oh man, I look at these CSR pictures and I just weep that I am not staying there in June.
Thanks, Amy. It's a "little" smile (probably because I was pinching his butt to make him smile!). Yeah, I think it is a thing with boys and smiling.

Yes, the pictures are making me weep too. I'm pretty sure we'll be cancelling our trip this year and having to wait until 2010. Just not going to be in the cards this year.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #2232
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to pop in for a bit. My vacation began today at 8:30am.
Tomorrow my aunt arrives.
Thursday the rest of the family arrives and we check into Coronado.

I'll be back in 2 weeks!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:20 PM   #2233
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yes, the pictures are making me weep too. I'm pretty sure we'll be cancelling our trip this year and having to wait until 2010. Just not going to be in the cards this year.

Sorry to hear you may be cancelling Kathy. Hope it somehow works out in the end and you get to go this year.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #2234
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post

I'll be back in 2 weeks!
Have a wonderful, wonderful time with your family. You deserve a vacation. Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:41 PM   #2235
Willow1213
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post

I'll be back in 2 weeks!
Congrats on your vacation! I know you were really looking forward to this. We'll join you at Coronado in just a few days. I fax my requests tomorrow.
May 2010 - Villas at Grand Californian Sept 2010 - Coronado Springs
May/June 2011 - Saratoga Springs Resort June 2012 - Animal Kingdom Villas
May 2013 - Pop Century
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: