Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-12-2009, 11:00 AM   #196
Mickee
Mouseketeer
 
Mickee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Below the Mason Dixon Line.
Posts: 395

Thx for all the good info, We're heading there on 2/5/09 for 9 nights.

WE can't wait, we stayed at CBR the last 2 trips and loved it....just trying a change in resorts, seems we made a good decision so far by all the nice pics....
which I'll try to add some new pics as I'm up early every day for a walk and let the family sleep in for a bit.......

Question on the big hot tub, where exactly is that at?..looks sweet! What are the hours normally on it?

Another question...we opted for waterview...

My wife has a disability to the point that she can not walk long periods of time each day from a car accident years ago.

We get an ECV at the parks each day.. (I tried to talk her into getting one for the 9 days we are there), but she likes to walk around the resort and to the parks and doesn't want to get on & off the bus with it , but it's her choice..!

Being semi close to the Main pool (if that is where that hot tub is) and as we have 2 children 12&11 which I am sure they would enjoy being close to it and semi near the Pepper Market and other eateries..what would be the best location,building, centralized if you will...... keeping in mind a not to far hike to the bus stop....(it's the end of the day coming back that takes it's toll on her from the bust to the room)....


At CBR we stayed in the Jamaica Bldg which is across the bridge from the main pool and eatery area which was fine..just using that as an example as to the distance that is ok for her

Thx for your help & ideas........
__________________
Mickee
CCL 5/93
CBR: 05/03 10 Days
CBR: 05/04 10 Days
DCL Wonder 2/2005
DCL Double Dip CC Magic 9/2006
CSR 2/09 10 Days
CCL 4/10
Mickee is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #197
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dreamin'Dad* View Post
Reading and reading and can't find if there is a parking fee at the CSR. I probably missed it five times, but I figured it would be easier to just ask all the CSR experts.

Is there a charge to park at the resort? What is the cost?

Thanks!
Swan and Dolphin are the only ones to charge for resort parking.
Buzz2001 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-12-2009, 04:37 PM   #198
jmk8181
Earning My Ears
 
jmk8181's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6

Sorry to repost this but I am wanting to see if anyone can help me with these questions.

When I received my reservation confirmation from Disney it labeled both of our rooms as "limited view" rooms. We booked standard view rooms in the Casitas, so what do they mean by limited view?

Since the marina will be closed while we are there, will the bike rentals be closed as well? Or they still available?

Thanks.
jmk8181 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 04:58 PM   #199
dr28326
She is our Princess!
 
dr28326's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 216

Does CSR offer any bounce back deals when you stay there or is this something you need to ask for? If we like it...was hoping of maybe getting a deal for later in the year or next year with free dining.
dr28326 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM   #200
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr28326 View Post
Does CSR offer any bounce back deals when you stay there or is this something you need to ask for? If we like it...was hoping of maybe getting a deal for later in the year or next year with free dining.
Last Feb, the card was in our room to purchase a bounce back offer.
Buzz2001 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 06:39 PM   #201
lindsroc
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 949

Are there mini-fridge's in the room? Coffee makers?
__________________



1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
lindsroc is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 06:40 PM   #202
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!
 
Buzz2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: CORONADO SPRINGS!
Posts: 17,016

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
Are there mini-fridge's in the room? Coffee makers?
Yes and yes.
Buzz2001 is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 07:22 PM   #203
THE HAT
I admit it, I'm a gum smacker!
I can't make jell-o. There. I said it.
keep peepin' on the poo for us!
 
THE HAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: central maine
Posts: 2,006

I know that the renovated rooms have doors closing off the sink area, and I have seen some pics of the older rooms that have a curtain.......so the question I have is.....Do all rooms regardless of renovated or not....have something that seperates the sink area from the bedroom part?



Does that make sense, lol?
__________________
~WENDIE~
me dh ds (12)

popcentury jan 2005 jan 2007 ASSportsDec2007
CBRFeb2009
THE HAT is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 07:25 PM   #204
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HAT View Post
I know that the renovated rooms have doors closing off the sink area, and I have seen some pics of the older rooms that have a curtain.......so the question I have is.....Do all rooms regardless of renovated or not....have something that seperates the sink area from the bedroom part?



Does that make sense, lol?
Yes, the rooms that have NOT been rehabbed yet have the curtain separating the bedroom from the bathroom. The newly rehabbed rooms have the new sliding doors. All rooms will have the sliding doors once the renovation is complete.
__________________
KatMark is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 07:48 AM   #205
MsStinkerBelle
Hittin' WDW Since Space Mountain was 'Coming Soon'
 
MsStinkerBelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Philly 'burbs
Posts: 2,490

We're going to CSR this summer!

Well it's official--just got word from my TA that I'm confirmed for a water view room at Coronado Springs in June! DD and I will be there for 11 days/10 nights and we are so excited! I wanted a club level room but since those weren't available to book I went for the water view. It was only about $200 difference--no big deal.
__________________
Proud Disney Company Stockholder
Grand Californian/DLR (Oct '10) Grand Floridian (Jun '10) Polynesian (Dec '06, Aug '07, Dec '08) Pop (Apr '07, Aug '08, Dec '08) POFQ (Dec '06, Apr '07) AKL(Dec '07)

MsStinkerBelle is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 09:52 AM   #206
Alltiggeredout
Mouseketeer
 
Alltiggeredout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yes, the rooms that have NOT been rehabbed yet have the curtain separating the bedroom from the bathroom. The newly rehabbed rooms have the new sliding doors. All rooms will have the sliding doors once the renovation is complete.
The new sliding doors will be handy for DW as she likes getting up early and putting the coffee on,so the noise won't wake DD up.
__________________
2001 ASMovies feb
2002 ASMovies feb
2004 ASMovies feb
2005 Sequoia Lodge DLP feb
2007 CSR dec
2009 CSR dec
2013 CSR dec
me (46) DW (44) DD (22)
Alltiggeredout is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 AM   #207
tlrotzoll
DIS Veteran
 
tlrotzoll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Prince George, VA
Posts: 1,004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickee View Post
Thx for all the good info, We're heading there on 2/5/09 for 9 nights.

WE can't wait, we stayed at CBR the last 2 trips and loved it....just trying a change in resorts, seems we made a good decision so far by all the nice pics....
which I'll try to add some new pics as I'm up early every day for a walk and let the family sleep in for a bit.......

Question on the big hot tub, where exactly is that at?..looks sweet! What are the hours normally on it?

Another question...we opted for waterview...

My wife has a disability to the point that she can not walk long periods of time each day from a car accident years ago.

We get an ECV at the parks each day.. (I tried to talk her into getting one for the 9 days we are there), but she likes to walk around the resort and to the parks and doesn't want to get on & off the bus with it , but it's her choice..!

Being semi close to the Main pool (if that is where that hot tub is) and as we have 2 children 12&11 which I am sure they would enjoy being close to it and semi near the Pepper Market and other eateries..what would be the best location,building, centralized if you will...... keeping in mind a not to far hike to the bus stop....(it's the end of the day coming back that takes it's toll on her from the bust to the room)....


At CBR we stayed in the Jamaica Bldg which is across the bridge from the main pool and eatery area which was fine..just using that as an example as to the distance that is ok for her

Thx for your help & ideas........
We stayed in 8B & loved it. It was close to the Dig Site, Bus Stop 4, a pretty short walk to the front, next to the quiet pool & laundry. When you make a request, you may want to tell them about your wife so that there is a better chance of getting your request.

Have fun!
__________________
Nov. 2004 Disney Wonder & Port Orleans Riverside
Nov. 2008 Universal Studios & Coronado Springs Resort

June/July 2009 WDW AAU 13U Baseball Tournament
tlrotzoll is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:08 AM   #208
christophfam
DIS Veteran
 
christophfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 961

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alltiggeredout View Post
The new sliding doors will be handy for DW as she likes getting up early and putting the coffee on,so the noise won't wake DD up.
I've actually wondered about this. The curtains would be so quite, but will the doors make a noise when you try and close them? I'll be getting up before everyone else and am hoping they won't make a noise -creaking or something. Buzz, you want to check that out for us if you get a rennovated room? THANKS!
__________________



Me DH DS (17) DD(14)
More trips than I can count! Every year 1-2 times for the last 17 years!! Disney and Universal stays - CSR, POP, All Stars, WL, AKL, RPR , HRH
christophfam is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #209
Tissa
DIS Veteran
 
Tissa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Houston Tx
Posts: 2,434

I just got back from my first trip to CSR. I liked it enough but I wasn't thrilled. I guess if I had a different location maybe. The one area that I did not want was where we were put. Ranchos 7b. I felt a million miles away from everything. The room was nice enough although I had to prop the door to the tv/dresser thing(can't think of the name) open with a chair because it would not stay open. I didn't complain because I knew they were going to be replacing that stuff soon and it did not bother me that much. Housekeeping was very good as well as the CM's at the front desk.

Overall it was a good stay but I'm in no hurry to stay there again.
__________________
Tissa is offline  
Old 01-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #210
frankenpooh
Mouseketeer
 
frankenpooh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 202

Just back from a CSR stay for marathon weekend. DH and I were in a renovated room (4th floor of Casita 3; room 3457, I think). The room was very nice -- comfortable beds, nice big flat screen TV, attractive decor. The sliding doors were great -- only noisy if you fling them open or shut. They do slide along that track pretty quickly, so I'll admit I banged them open a few times!

This was a quick trip, and we did not really take advantage of the resort offerings. My only time in the lobby area was at check in! I did like our location very much -- close to a quiet pool and bus stop. And the resort is well-located if you have a car; it really is an easy drive to all the parks.

We are returning to WDW with the kids in August and will definitely choose CSR if we can't spring for something with more square footage.
__________________
-- Debbie

I run so I can go to WDW every January WDW Half Marathon 2007, 2009, 2010; WDW Full Marathon 2008; Next Family Trip: August 2009 at BWI

frankenpooh is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: