Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #166
dr28326
She is our Princess!

Kids Activities planned?

Are there any scheduled kids activities with the CM's at CSR or just the pool, arcade, playground area?
Old 01-11-2009, 03:31 PM   #167
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr28326 View Post
Are there any scheduled kids activities with the CM's at CSR or just the pool, arcade, playground area?
Kids participate in the pool opening, water ceremony each morning at the pool. They chant to bring the water gods to life. Its a cute little activity they do with the kids along with other water games that they play during the day. kids can go as high as the first set of large vines crossing the pyramid.

opening ceremony

CM's playing a diving game with kids

They played all types of water games with the kids.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-11-2009, 04:09 PM   #168
warriorboy648
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know when the renovations are suppose to be completed?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #169
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorboy648 View Post
Does anyone know when the renovations are suppose to be completed?
October 2009 was original date. They are moving at a nice pace though. So I guess we could "hope" for an earlier date. Several sections/floors are already done.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #170
RocketCityMama
Mouseketeer

We stayed at CS this past Dec 27 to Dec 29 and it was awesome! I have only stayed at SOG on resort before and that was when I was much younger so I had no opinions then LoL

I love CS, we just booked a trip for May 22-29 at Pop Century but now thinking about upgrading if we can to CS again. We didn't get to really see all CS because we spent the most time at parks while there.

We stayed in Castitas 5, 4 would have been perfect since it was the closest to our bus stop (station 2) which 9 out of 10 times was the 1st stop coming back from the parks and often the 1st stop in the morning routes as well. If we change to CS I hope to get C4 or C5 again since it was great and the walk to the main building wasn't bad at all.

We loved having Rix Cafe there in the mornings for breakfast, we would stop in and eat outside, beautiful weather as well. We ate at Pepper Market for dinner and I liked the layout. I have seen alot of complaints about the set up, having to go station to station to find foods, but it wasn't bad. It's all labled and the staff was great and helpful.

The Maya Grill was ok, we had sit down (buffet breakfast) and a sit down (dinner) and the breakfast was decent but the dinner I wasn't to impressed with. We had 6:45 reservations and didn't get seated until 7:15 and then did not leave until almost 10. We barely made it to DHS for the Osborne lights, they did let us in though. The meal took near 3 hours and for the prices, lets just say I am glad we had the DDP! I wouldn't have paid over $100 for the food we had.

We never made it to the dig site and kiddie area, this trip we go on in May is 8 days/7 nights so I am sure we will get to enjoy the resort more.
1996 ~2nd Trip ~Shades of Green
Dec 27-29, 2008 ~3rd Trip (DD1 & 2 & DH 1st trip)Coronado Springs
May 22-29, 2009 ~4th Trip Coronado Springs
*~*~*~*Planning next trip soon*~*~*~*
&
Old 01-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #171
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketCityMama View Post
We stayed at CS this past Dec 27 to Dec 29 and it was awesome! I have only stayed at SOG on resort before and that was when I was much younger so I had no opinions then LoL

I love CS, we just booked a trip for May 22-29 at Pop Century but now thinking about upgrading if we can to CS again. We didn't get to really see all CS because we spent the most time at parks while there.

We stayed in Castitas 5, 4 would have been perfect since it was the closest to our bus stop (station 2) which 9 out of 10 times was the 1st stop coming back from the parks and often the 1st stop in the morning routes as well. If we change to CS I hope to get C4 or C5 again since it was great and the walk to the main building wasn't bad at all.

We loved having Rix Cafe there in the mornings for breakfast, we would stop in and eat outside, beautiful weather as well. We ate at Pepper Market for dinner and I liked the layout. I have seen alot of complaints about the set up, having to go station to station to find foods, but it wasn't bad. It's all labled and the staff was great and helpful.

The Maya Grill was ok, we had sit down (buffet breakfast) and a sit down (dinner) and the breakfast was decent but the dinner I wasn't to impressed with. We had 6:45 reservations and didn't get seated until 7:15 and then did not leave until almost 10. We barely made it to DHS for the Osborne lights, they did let us in though. The meal took near 3 hours and for the prices, lets just say I am glad we had the DDP! I wouldn't have paid over $100 for the food we had.

We never made it to the dig site and kiddie area, this trip we go on in May is 8 days/7 nights so I am sure we will get to enjoy the resort more.

So glad you liked it! Casitas 4 and 5 are our favorite sections--we always ask for it and we've been fortunate and gotten it every time we've asked (except this past September--but we were put in a suite in Casitas 3 for our 25th anniversary). I always tell people, as an adult walking by myself in the morning, it takes me about five minutes from Casitas 4 or 5 to the main building for our morning coffee. Hope you get to go back again and enjoy the great pool.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #172
goin2themouse
Mouseketeer

Great info, thank you. I've read the various threads but haven't seen this answered; my apologies if I've missed it.

Is there a preferred area for those who have rental vehicles? Are parking lots closer to some buildings than others? Perhaps the parking is listed on the maps, but I'm not seeing it LOL.

Thank you.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:58 PM   #173
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2themouse View Post
Great info, thank you. I've read the various threads but haven't seen this answered; my apologies if I've missed it.

Is there a preferred area for those who have rental vehicles? Are parking lots closer to some buildings than others? Perhaps the parking is listed on the maps, but I'm not seeing it LOL.

Thank you.
CSR does not offer preferred rooms--only standard, waterview or king. I will try to find Buzz's picture of the building set up with parking lot view...there is parking by each building making it not a long walk to any area where you might stay.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #174
goin2themouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
CSR does not offer preferred rooms--only standard, waterview or king. I will try to find Buzz's picture of the building set up with parking lot view...there is parking by each building making it not a long walk to any area where you might stay.
I'm sorry, I knew there wasn't a preferred area. Bad wording there. I suppose I mean "recommended". Still learning the CSR lingo.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #175
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goin2themouse View Post
I'm sorry, I knew there wasn't a preferred area. Bad wording there. I suppose I mean "recommended". Still learning the CSR lingo.
Depends on what you want to be close to. Use this as a guide, and if you have any specific questions, send me a private message and I'll try to help. We always stay in Casitas 4 or 5--it takes me five minutes to walk to the main building and about eight minutes to the main pool.

For conventioneers the Casitas 1 or 3 are often the best. These are close to the convention center; but quite a distance from pools and bus stops.

For adult couples, especially honeymooners or those celebrating anniversaries Casitas 4 or 5 with a water view is exceptional. Casita 4 has the quiet pool, fitness center, spa, salon, and both are close to bus stop #2.

For “leisure guests with children” here are some great locations; Cabana 8a, Rancho 7b, Cabana 8b, 9a, Rancho 6b, and 6a...in that order. Nearness to El Centro is usually of no importance to many guests. It's much more important to be close to the park bus stops and the “Dig Site”. Leisure guests may come to El Centro once or twice; but they will be at the buses twice a day (at least) and the pool often when they are at the resort.

For adults or large families who wish to be close to a park bus stop and to a “quieter pool” but are not interested in the theme pool, building 7a is great and has close proximity to parking.

Building 2 also is close to parking and usually one of the quietest buildings, especially from the 4th floor. The fourth floor of building actually includes part of the upper floors of building 3 and has easy access to the convention center by way of the elevator courtyard of building 1 (especially in a rainstorm).

In other words, there is no “best location for everyone”. Each building has its own plusses and minuses. The cast members will be happy to guide you into the building that fits your needs best……..if you let them know what those needs and expectations may be.

Also, for a reality check…….when there is a large convention……not everyone is going to get a room next to the convention center. In fact, most of the rooming blocks are set up by the group having the convention long before any of the convention guests arrive…… Sometimes, there is little cast member latitude on changing those assignments.

As always, if there are special needs that must be addressed, fax the resort a week before arrival. Be sure you are faxing to the resort and not to Walt Disney Travel Company, their booking agency. The resort cast is best able to accommodate special needs. Often guests call the reservation desk with these requests and do not understand that this is not the resort; but a central reservation desk for ALL of Walt Disney World. The fax number is available by calling Walt Disney World information and asking for the front desk operations fax number.

Cabana 9b is close to bus stop 1 and the main building with a short walk to the Dig Site (main pool) over the wooden bridge. (As of 11/2008, cabana 9b will no longer be available as a standard/waterview room building. This building is being converted to CLUB LEVEL rooms.)

Cabana 8a is close to the Dig Site (and playground) and bus stop 4 with a short walk to the main building (closest to the pool).

Cabana 8b and 9a are in between the 2 above (9a has a quiet pool).

Ranchos 7b has a quiet pool, is close to the Dig Site and bus stop 4 with a bit longer walk to the main building. 7b is behind cabana 8a.

Casita 1 is attached to the main building and is very close to the restaurants.

Casita 3 has great courtyard and fountain views.

Casita 5 has some nice fountain and lake views and is close to the Dig Site but farther from the main building. Close to bus stop #2.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #176
Mom2Max
Mouseketeer

Does anyone know if there is a height/age restriction for the water slide? And how about the depth of the main pool? Thanks!!!

Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #177
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Max View Post
Does anyone know if there is a height/age restriction for the water slide? And how about the depth of the main pool? Thanks!!!
No restriction on the slide other than two people can not go at the same time.

The pool ranges from 3'6" to 5'.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:28 PM   #178
mickeyinjune
Mouseketeer

fitness center and tanning

We are going in February and my daughter is upset to learn that she will probably not get much of a tan because of the weather.

Can you tell me some info about the fitness center and tannng beds such as pricing, hours, and if an appointment needed. also do you use your room key for access to these areas.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:34 PM   #179
Buzz2001
CSR MAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyinjune View Post
We are going in February and my daughter is upset to learn that she will probably not get much of a tan because of the weather.

Can you tell me some info about the fitness center and tannng beds such as pricing, hours, and if an appointment needed. also do you use your room key for access to these areas.

You have to contact Niki Bryan Spas. They run all WDW spas ad the fitness center. http://relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_resort.asp

Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #180
jernysgirl
I would say head to DL first to get you "in the mood"

WOW Buzz! You have some amazing threads going here about CSR, and a great website too. I have just started to look around, so I know that this info is probably out there and I just haven't found it yet, but...

Can you tell me how long it typically takes to get to each of the parks from any of the 4 stops on property? Does CSR EVER share a shuttle, or is it ALWAYS exclusive?

(my apologies if I am just blind and haven't found it! )

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: