Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 03:11 PM   #1651
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You can take my "job" of keeping people informed of CSR updates and you could pass me in no time.
Ummmmmm.... i think you do a great job! I try to chime in and beat you to an answer (if I know it) sometimes though!!LOL
Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 PM   #1652
jlcd
DIS Veteran

We will be checking in tomorrow!! Thanks Kathy and everyone for all the info on this thread!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #1653
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
We will be checking in tomorrow!! Thanks Kathy and everyone for all the info on this thread!!
Have a wonderful and magical trip. I don't want to rush you back, but we'll be anxious to see how your stay was at the CSR! Have fun.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #1654
JPTexan82
Mouseketeer

well I wonder if there are going to be any big groups when I am there May the 13th to to the 20th???
Disneyland- 5 nights Disneyland Hotel- March 2006
RCCL Liberty of th Seas-Oct 13th 07 WeddingCruise
Walt Disney World- Coronado Springs Resort- 7 nights- for the Birthday

Old 04-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #1655
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPTexan82 View Post
well I wonder if there are going to be any big groups when I am there May the 13th to to the 20th???
Here is a link to the conventions we know are going to be there the remainder of this year: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....vention+update

In any event, I would not worry about it. The conventioneers are in meetings all day leaving the buses and pool less crowded. We've stayed seven times and there has always been a convention and we have never had any issues with them being there.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:29 PM   #1656
Sydnoahmom
Mouseketeer

Iced tea in coffe maker

Anyone ever make iced tea in the resort coffee pot? I have done it once or twice in my coffee maker at home when my iced tea pot was broken. Didn't notice a coffee taste at all. Just wondering how many tea bags to put in?

1990-Honeymoon, off property; 1996-DD 1st trip, All Star Sports; 1998-All Star Sports
2001-DS 1st trip, All Star Movies
2003-DH entire family, All Star Sports
2004-MVMCP, Pop
2006-MVMCP with sister's family, Pop
2009-1st summer trip, CSR
Old 04-16-2009, 09:32 PM   #1657
DeckedOut
Too excited to sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
LOL that is true.

Hey i just hit 400 posts!!!!!! only 8500 to catch up to you

Cool! I've been lurking for a few months getting ready for our May trip & loved your TR! This is only my second post so I had to give the congrats on the 400!
PS - I have no idea if the Quote thing is going to work

Moe

Honeymoon Trip - Poly and Cruise - May 2000 ( I didn't know what a TR was?)
An Amazing First Family Trip - CSR - May 2009 ( I should have done a TR !)
Next Trip CBR May 2011 - Bringing Extra Family to Share the Joy!! (Will I do a TR?)
Old 04-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #1658
DeckedOut
Too excited to sleep

Us Too - Kind of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eag119 View Post
I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old- we leave on May 6th. I think we would like to be close to the digsite pool so I am requesting in this order.
Cabanas 8A
Cabanas 8B
Ranchos 7B
Cabanas 9B

I am so looking forward to palm trees and the scenery at CSR (we are from western Pa and it is still practically winter here), I don't think we will mind the walk to the main building for breakfast.
We will be there with our 4 & 6 year old on May 9th. We are looking for the same area, close to the Dig Site for the mid-day swim & nap.

I must admit with all of the planning I am hoping I will be the one at the pool saying 'Yeah' & not he one looking like a deer in headlights thinking why did we do this.

Honeymoon Trip - Poly and Cruise - May 2000 ( I didn't know what a TR was?)
An Amazing First Family Trip - CSR - May 2009 ( I should have done a TR !)
Next Trip CBR May 2011 - Bringing Extra Family to Share the Joy!! (Will I do a TR?)
Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #1659
kzapp2000
Earning My Ears

Just got Back 4/14/2009

Hi everyone I just got back from my CSR stay 4/7-4/14.I loved the resort it was my first time there.I loved all the food at the pepper market,Cafe rx,and loved the maya grill.The service was great and the staff was terrific.I had two renovated connecting rooms which were beautiful and slept great on the queen beds.My only complaints would be mouse-keeping and my requests.I did not get any animal towels for the kids and the beds were never made as nice as when we first arrived.They looked like someone slept on top of them and they where not tucked in.The furniture was never cleaned nor were the bathroom counters.I tipped really well everyday too.I stayed at ranchos 6A I requested 9B cabanas 3 months ago when I originally made my reservations so I was a little disappointed at that.Online check in did not save us any time so don't bother.My Garden grocery delivery went smoothly bell services kept it nice and cold in there refrigerator , My orlando stroller rental was waiting in bell services and the box I shipped down was also waiting for me in the business center.Everything went according to plan.

I thought the landscaping and the peacefulness was wonderful after a day at the parks it was a God send.I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.I did not see glen the alligator and we tried really hard to find him.

All in all we loved our time at the resort.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:48 PM   #1660
Brandy C
I can't wait to ride the one in HS
Cruising rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
So your saying you don't like the coffee??

My DW is picky about coffee and she made a cup in the room every morning. She never said anything about it? You wouldn't get me trying it. I'll take the pressed pot at Kona any day though!!!!
I concur. The pressed pot Kona coffee at the Poly is so good. I did not try the coffee in the room either. More of a reason to head over to the Pepper Market to use my refillable mug.
CCL Miracle Mexican Riviera, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera 6/2012, DCL Wonder Mexican Riviera October 2011, CCL Paradise Ensenada October 2009, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera August 2009, DCL Wonder Bahamas April 2009, WDW CSR April 2009, DCL Magic Mexican Riviera July 2008, WDW CSR 2006

DH ME DD DD DD Twins
Old 04-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #1661
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzapp2000 View Post
Hi everyone I just got back from my CSR stay 4/7-4/14.I loved the resort it was my first time there.I loved all the food at the pepper market,Cafe rx,and loved the maya grill.The service was great and the staff was terrific.I had two renovated connecting rooms which were beautiful and slept great on the queen beds.My only complaints would be mouse-keeping and my requests.I did not get any animal towels for the kids and the beds were never made as nice as when we first arrived.They looked like someone slept on top of them and they where not tucked in.The furniture was never cleaned nor were the bathroom counters.I tipped really well everyday too.I stayed at ranchos 6A I requested 9B cabanas 3 months ago when I originally made my reservations so I was a little disappointed at that.Online check in did not save us any time so don't bother.My Garden grocery delivery went smoothly bell services kept it nice and cold in there refrigerator , My orlando stroller rental was waiting in bell services and the box I shipped down was also waiting for me in the business center.Everything went according to plan.

I thought the landscaping and the peacefulness was wonderful after a day at the parks it was a God send.I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.I did not see glen the alligator and we tried really hard to find him.

Thanks for your report. I will address the towel animals and the fact you did not get Cabanas 9B. First, the towel animals are not a guarantee at any resort. Some mouskeepers do not know how to make them. This is just something special that happens--there is never a guarantee. As for 9B, it could be that there was a convention going on while you were there and if that was the case you would not get Cabanas 9B as it is reserved for convention guests because of the Club Service offered there for them.

I hope you called the front desk or went to the front desk or called mousekeeping and complained. There is no excuse for not dusting the furniture or the bathroom counter.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:54 PM   #1662
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy C View Post
I concur. The pressed pot Kona coffee at the Poly is so good. I did not try the coffee in the room either. More of a reason to head over to the Pepper Market to use my refillable mug.
And that is why we love CSR's refillable mug. It is bigger than the others and holds more coffee--which DH loves. The coffee is pretty darn good at the Pepper Market and there cappucinos, while not Starbucks, aren't bad either.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:59 PM   #1663
Brandy C
Cruising rocks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzapp2000 View Post

Sorry to hear about Mousekeeping. I did find the furniture in the room dusty the day we checked in. I wiped down all the counters and the following day I noticed they were dusty again. It dawned on me that the Duvets are down or goose feather so when mousekeeping fixes the bed, the feather dust goes all over the place. Glad you had a great trip though.
CCL Miracle Mexican Riviera, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera 6/2012, DCL Wonder Mexican Riviera October 2011, CCL Paradise Ensenada October 2009, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera August 2009, DCL Wonder Bahamas April 2009, WDW CSR April 2009, DCL Magic Mexican Riviera July 2008, WDW CSR 2006

DH ME DD DD DD Twins
Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #1664
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
And that is why we love CSR's refillable mug. It is bigger than the others and holds more coffee--which DH loves. The coffee is pretty darn good at the Pepper Market and there cappucinos, while not Starbucks, aren't bad either.
Besides the great size ...We love CSR refillable mugs because they are the only ones still unique to the resort...not crazy about the generic mugs of the last couple of years - we don't get why guiests like those mugs.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:07 PM   #1665
Brandy C
Cruising rocks!

Quote:
I took my refillable mug to work and use it all day long. Too bad that it does not fit in my cars cup holder. But you are 100 percent correct about then being bigger than the others.

DH ME DD DD DD Twins
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: