Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #1591
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Faxed our room request for Cabanas in today. We check in on Friday. Looking forward to our first stay at CSR!!


I am so jealous. Have a great time! Be sure to have a drink in one of the hammocks!
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #1592
jlcd
DIS Veteran
 
jlcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 969

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post


I am so jealous. Have a great time! Be sure to have a drink in one of the hammocks!

Thanks!! I will, but I think I will have more than one!!
jlcd is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #1593
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Thanks!! I will, but I think I will have more than one!!
Just don't swing on the hammock too hard then.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #1594
jlcd
DIS Veteran
 
jlcd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 969

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Just don't swing on the hammock too hard then.
Too funny! I will keep that in mind! I just hope we get a room in Cabanas, or at least a newly renovated one. They look so nice. If not, at least we will be at Disney and out of the cold, damp Northeast! Thanks for all your help and info Kathy!
jlcd is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #1595
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Too funny! I will keep that in mind! I just hope we get a room in Cabanas, or at least a newly renovated one. They look so nice. If not, at least we will be at Disney and out of the cold, damp Northeast! Thanks for all your help and info Kathy!
for a renovated room. I know what you mean about the cold and damp. It was 34 here yesterday for opening day of baseball and only 42 today. I need some warm and some sun.

And you are very welcome. If you love CSR half as much as us, I'll be thrilled.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #1596
doughcwjt
Earning My Ears
 
doughcwjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
Posts: 47

Just returned from a GREAT stay at CSR from 4.5 through 4.13. We LOVE this resort. We stayed in Cabanas 8A, on our last visits we were in the Ranchos. The Cabanas worked well for us since my parents traveled with us this time. I was a little concerned about being too far away from El Centro and the main pool and the extra walking it would mean for my parents so I had requested the Cabanas section. At check in we were assinged rooms in Ranchos 7A, but were moved to connecting Cabana rooms simply by asking. We had renovated rooms and the difference with the queen size the beds was noticeable. The pillows were awesome! The doors separating the bathroom area from the room was a fatnastic addition - it gives you some added privacy for sure! We were on the QSD Plan. The Pepper Market was good each and every time we ate there. We had a fabulous waiter -Berks, from Istanbul, who had been there only 2 weeks. He was our waiter a couple of times and was just a very nice person, who worked very hard. He remembered what we drank, always was checking to see if we needed anything and cleared our dishes as soon as we were finished. The Marina was open so we were able to rent boats and bikes. The Dig site pool was crowded, but the Cabanas quiet pool never was, so we spent a lot of time there. Even though the parks were packed, the resort itself never seemed overly crowded. We visited the Poly and the GF and both were very busy and crowded. We never experienced that same feeling at CSR and that is one of the things we love about the resort.

Finally, since we were there on Easter Day, we took our sons to the CSR candy scramble. They did such a GREAT job. There were sectioned off areas for different age groups. My 4 year old thought it was the best and my 14 year old (yes they had a section for 13 - 16 year olds!) got so much candy that it seemed like Halloween all over again. Mickey, Minnie and the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland were all there to sign autographs and take pictures. We thoroughly enjoyed the activities.

Everyone at CSR was especially nice and helpful. Can not wait to plan our next stay! Thanks for all the information provided here!
__________________


Many, Many Visits to WDW since 1978........
doughcwjt is offline  
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #1597
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughcwjt View Post
Just returned from a GREAT stay at CSR from 4.5 through 4.13. We LOVE this resort. We stayed in Cabanas 8A, on our last visits we were in the Ranchos. The Cabanas worked well for us since my parents traveled with us this time. I was a little concerned about being too far away from El Centro and the main pool and the extra walking it would mean for my parents so I had requested the Cabanas section. At check in we were assinged rooms in Ranchos 7A, but were moved to connecting Cabana rooms simply by asking. We had renovated rooms and the difference with the queen size the beds was noticeable. The pillows were awesome! The doors separating the bathroom area from the room was a fatnastic addition - it gives you some added privacy for sure! We were on the QSD Plan. The Pepper Market was good each and every time we ate there. We had a fabulous waiter -Berks, from Istanbul, who had been there only 2 weeks. He was our waiter a couple of times and was just a very nice person, who worked very hard. He remembered what we drank, always was checking to see if we needed anything and cleared our dishes as soon as we were finished. The Marina was open so we were able to rent boats and bikes. The Dig site pool was crowded, but the Cabanas quiet pool never was, so we spent a lot of time there. Even though the parks were packed, the resort itself never seemed overly crowded. We visited the Poly and the GF and both were very busy and crowded. We never experienced that same feeling at CSR and that is one of the things we love about the resort.

Finally, since we were there on Easter Day, we took our sons to the CSR candy scramble. They did such a GREAT job. There were sectioned off areas for different age groups. My 4 year old thought it was the best and my 14 year old (yes they had a section for 13 - 16 year olds!) got so much candy that it seemed like Halloween all over again. Mickey, Minnie and the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland were all there to sign autographs and take pictures. We thoroughly enjoyed the activities.

Everyone at CSR was especially nice and helpful. Can not wait to plan our next stay! Thanks for all the information provided here!

Welcome back, and I'm so glad you had another enjoyable stay at the CSR. What a nice thing they did on Easter Day! If you have any pictures, we'd love for you to post them.

__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #1598
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World
 
cheerful chickadee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 1,828

I'm back a question about checking in.....

My kids and I will be arriving before my DH but the reservation is in his name, is it possible for me to check us all in or does my DH have to be present? If they allow me to check in, will they give me his KTTW card or does he have to go back to the front desk upon arrival to get it?

thanks!!
__________________
April 2004 off site
April 2006 ASMo
May 2009 CSR
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
cheerful chickadee is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #1599
Trissy
Indiana is where I live, but Michigan is my home
 
Trissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: South of the Lake
Posts: 465

If we want to do a late check out will we have to pay extra? How much? When and who do we tell?

Almost there, faxed our request yesterday!
__________________
09/2002 CBR ~ 08/2005 CBR ~ 08/2006 CSR+SWAN+CBR ~ 09/2007 CBR ~ 04/2009 CSR ~ 11/2010 CBR
Trissy is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #1600
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
I'm back a question about checking in.....

My kids and I will be arriving before my DH but the reservation is in his name, is it possible for me to check us all in or does my DH have to be present? If they allow me to check in, will they give me his KTTW card or does he have to go back to the front desk upon arrival to get it?

thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissy View Post
If we want to do a late check out will we have to pay extra? How much? When and who do we tell?

Almost there, faxed our request yesterday!

I am not ignoring you guys...but I don't know the answer to your questions.

Cheerful, our party has always been together so I'm not sure how they would handle that. And with the reservation being in your DH's name, they might need his information--not sure.

Trissy, we've never asked for late check out so don't know what, if any, fee there is and who you call. I believe I read somewhere on another thread that you had to contact mousekeeping as well as the front desk.

Hopefully, someone who has had experience with either one of these issues will come along soon and offer you solid answers.

Have great trips!
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1601
millerjmls
STEELER FAN
 
millerjmls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 162

I would like to make a room request, but am not sure which area to choose. We have never stayed at Coronado Springs before and it seems so large and confusing to decide having never seen it. So, I thought that you experienced CSR visitors could help me. We have 2 children 17 and 9 and would like to be near the Dig Site pool, but not so close that it would be too noisy. Also, the bus stops are not an issue because we will have a car. We don't plan on eating a lot of meals at the resort restaurant, but will be buying mugs and going for refills daily so it would be convenient to be nearby for that. Does anyplace sort of fit ?? Thanks for your help. We can hardly wait to get there.
__________________
me dh dd ds
millerjmls is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #1602
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 39,416

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjmls View Post
I would like to make a room request, but am not sure which area to choose. We have never stayed at Coronado Springs before and it seems so large and confusing to decide having never seen it. So, I thought that you experienced CSR visitors could help me. We have 2 children 17 and 9 and would like to be near the Dig Site pool, but not so close that it would be too noisy. Also, the bus stops are not an issue because we will have a car. We don't plan on eating a lot of meals at the resort restaurant, but will be buying mugs and going for refills daily so it would be convenient to be nearby for that. Does anyplace sort of fit ?? Thanks for your help. We can hardly wait to get there.
Cabana 8A would probably be a good choice. It is close to the Dig Site pool and a short walk to the main building. Truthfully, we don't find any of the walking that long, and I do not think it will bother your 17 year old at all. You can also get your mug refilled at Siesta's by the Dig Site pool.
__________________

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #1603
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,651

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post
I'm back a question about checking in.....

My kids and I will be arriving before my DH but the reservation is in his name, is it possible for me to check us all in or does my DH have to be present? If they allow me to check in, will they give me his KTTW card or does he have to go back to the front desk upon arrival to get it?

thanks!!
A Guest Services manager told me that as long as your name is on the reservation, the second adult on the reservation can check-in. We've done this a few times when I traveled with a friend but we arrived on different days - whomever arrived first got their room key etc and when the other arrived stopped by the front desk to "check-in" and pick up their key etc.

So from what we've been told, be sure your name is on the reservation - does not have to be the lead name, but must be on the reservation.

I'm sure JamesLynn will also reply.

Have fun!!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1604
hfdoyle
Mouseketeer
 
hfdoyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 90

We arrive Monday!

When I reserved, I requested connecting rooms in the Cabanas section. We are travelling with the ILs and one of our kids is booked in their room. We've decided to rent an ECV for my FIL whose arthritis has been acting up. Should I fax in and ask for ground floor? Can I do this if I use online check in? I'm a little confused about the benefit of checking in on line if you have a room request.

Also, one of our rooms is on the QSDP and the other isn't because the ILs aren't big eaters. I'm hoping between the PM and the other options at the resort, we'll all find some good things to eat.
__________________
Family of Five trying to travel in a Family of Four world

POR 3/2001
CSR April 20-27 '09

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfvs9i4cjx.png[/img]
hfdoyle is offline  
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #1605
monte
DIS Veteran
 
monte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Copper Mountain, Colorado
Posts: 1,694

Thanks for posting these Buzz!



Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Jogging Information



La Vida Massage & Fitness Center Photos











there are five tv's


massage room #1


Massage room #2




tanning beds
__________________
monte is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: