Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:41 PM   #1591
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcd View Post
Faxed our room request for Cabanas in today. We check in on Friday. Looking forward to our first stay at CSR!!

I am so jealous. Have a great time! Be sure to have a drink in one of the hammocks!

RIP Genie
Old 04-14-2009, 08:42 PM   #1592
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

I am so jealous. Have a great time! Be sure to have a drink in one of the hammocks!

Thanks!! I will, but I think I will have more than one!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 08:45 PM   #1593
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks!! I will, but I think I will have more than one!!
Just don't swing on the hammock too hard then.

RIP Genie
Old 04-14-2009, 08:50 PM   #1594
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Just don't swing on the hammock too hard then.
Too funny! I will keep that in mind! I just hope we get a room in Cabanas, or at least a newly renovated one. They look so nice. If not, at least we will be at Disney and out of the cold, damp Northeast! Thanks for all your help and info Kathy!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:56 PM   #1595
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Too funny! I will keep that in mind! I just hope we get a room in Cabanas, or at least a newly renovated one. They look so nice. If not, at least we will be at Disney and out of the cold, damp Northeast! Thanks for all your help and info Kathy!
for a renovated room. I know what you mean about the cold and damp. It was 34 here yesterday for opening day of baseball and only 42 today. I need some warm and some sun.

And you are very welcome. If you love CSR half as much as us, I'll be thrilled.

RIP Genie
Old 04-14-2009, 09:09 PM   #1596
doughcwjt
Earning My Ears

Just returned from a GREAT stay at CSR from 4.5 through 4.13. We LOVE this resort. We stayed in Cabanas 8A, on our last visits we were in the Ranchos. The Cabanas worked well for us since my parents traveled with us this time. I was a little concerned about being too far away from El Centro and the main pool and the extra walking it would mean for my parents so I had requested the Cabanas section. At check in we were assinged rooms in Ranchos 7A, but were moved to connecting Cabana rooms simply by asking. We had renovated rooms and the difference with the queen size the beds was noticeable. The pillows were awesome! The doors separating the bathroom area from the room was a fatnastic addition - it gives you some added privacy for sure! We were on the QSD Plan. The Pepper Market was good each and every time we ate there. We had a fabulous waiter -Berks, from Istanbul, who had been there only 2 weeks. He was our waiter a couple of times and was just a very nice person, who worked very hard. He remembered what we drank, always was checking to see if we needed anything and cleared our dishes as soon as we were finished. The Marina was open so we were able to rent boats and bikes. The Dig site pool was crowded, but the Cabanas quiet pool never was, so we spent a lot of time there. Even though the parks were packed, the resort itself never seemed overly crowded. We visited the Poly and the GF and both were very busy and crowded. We never experienced that same feeling at CSR and that is one of the things we love about the resort.

Finally, since we were there on Easter Day, we took our sons to the CSR candy scramble. They did such a GREAT job. There were sectioned off areas for different age groups. My 4 year old thought it was the best and my 14 year old (yes they had a section for 13 - 16 year olds!) got so much candy that it seemed like Halloween all over again. Mickey, Minnie and the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland were all there to sign autographs and take pictures. We thoroughly enjoyed the activities.

Everyone at CSR was especially nice and helpful. Can not wait to plan our next stay! Thanks for all the information provided here!

Many, Many Visits to WDW since 1978........
Old 04-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #1597
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughcwjt View Post
Just returned from a GREAT stay at CSR from 4.5 through 4.13. We LOVE this resort. We stayed in Cabanas 8A, on our last visits we were in the Ranchos. The Cabanas worked well for us since my parents traveled with us this time. I was a little concerned about being too far away from El Centro and the main pool and the extra walking it would mean for my parents so I had requested the Cabanas section. At check in we were assinged rooms in Ranchos 7A, but were moved to connecting Cabana rooms simply by asking. We had renovated rooms and the difference with the queen size the beds was noticeable. The pillows were awesome! The doors separating the bathroom area from the room was a fatnastic addition - it gives you some added privacy for sure! We were on the QSD Plan. The Pepper Market was good each and every time we ate there. We had a fabulous waiter -Berks, from Istanbul, who had been there only 2 weeks. He was our waiter a couple of times and was just a very nice person, who worked very hard. He remembered what we drank, always was checking to see if we needed anything and cleared our dishes as soon as we were finished. The Marina was open so we were able to rent boats and bikes. The Dig site pool was crowded, but the Cabanas quiet pool never was, so we spent a lot of time there. Even though the parks were packed, the resort itself never seemed overly crowded. We visited the Poly and the GF and both were very busy and crowded. We never experienced that same feeling at CSR and that is one of the things we love about the resort.

Finally, since we were there on Easter Day, we took our sons to the CSR candy scramble. They did such a GREAT job. There were sectioned off areas for different age groups. My 4 year old thought it was the best and my 14 year old (yes they had a section for 13 - 16 year olds!) got so much candy that it seemed like Halloween all over again. Mickey, Minnie and the Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland were all there to sign autographs and take pictures. We thoroughly enjoyed the activities.

Everyone at CSR was especially nice and helpful. Can not wait to plan our next stay! Thanks for all the information provided here!

Welcome back, and I'm so glad you had another enjoyable stay at the CSR. What a nice thing they did on Easter Day! If you have any pictures, we'd love for you to post them.

RIP Genie
Old 04-15-2009, 12:01 AM   #1598
cheerful chickadee
I heart Disney World

I'm back a question about checking in.....

My kids and I will be arriving before my DH but the reservation is in his name, is it possible for me to check us all in or does my DH have to be present? If they allow me to check in, will they give me his KTTW card or does he have to go back to the front desk upon arrival to get it?

thanks!!
April 2012 CSR
Sept 2013 CSR
Old 04-15-2009, 08:32 AM   #1599
Trissy
Indiana is where I live, but Michigan is my home

If we want to do a late check out will we have to pay extra? How much? When and who do we tell?

Almost there, faxed our request yesterday!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #1600
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post

My kids and I will be arriving before my DH but the reservation is in his name, is it possible for me to check us all in or does my DH have to be present? If they allow me to check in, will they give me his KTTW card or does he have to go back to the front desk upon arrival to get it?

thanks!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissy View Post
If we want to do a late check out will we have to pay extra? How much? When and who do we tell?

Almost there, faxed our request yesterday!

I am not ignoring you guys...but I don't know the answer to your questions.

Cheerful, our party has always been together so I'm not sure how they would handle that. And with the reservation being in your DH's name, they might need his information--not sure.

Trissy, we've never asked for late check out so don't know what, if any, fee there is and who you call. I believe I read somewhere on another thread that you had to contact mousekeeping as well as the front desk.

Hopefully, someone who has had experience with either one of these issues will come along soon and offer you solid answers.

Have great trips!

RIP Genie
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 AM   #1601
millerjmls
STEELER FAN

I would like to make a room request, but am not sure which area to choose. We have never stayed at Coronado Springs before and it seems so large and confusing to decide having never seen it. So, I thought that you experienced CSR visitors could help me. We have 2 children 17 and 9 and would like to be near the Dig Site pool, but not so close that it would be too noisy. Also, the bus stops are not an issue because we will have a car. We don't plan on eating a lot of meals at the resort restaurant, but will be buying mugs and going for refills daily so it would be convenient to be nearby for that. Does anyplace sort of fit ?? Thanks for your help. We can hardly wait to get there.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #1602
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjmls View Post
I would like to make a room request, but am not sure which area to choose. We have never stayed at Coronado Springs before and it seems so large and confusing to decide having never seen it. So, I thought that you experienced CSR visitors could help me. We have 2 children 17 and 9 and would like to be near the Dig Site pool, but not so close that it would be too noisy. Also, the bus stops are not an issue because we will have a car. We don't plan on eating a lot of meals at the resort restaurant, but will be buying mugs and going for refills daily so it would be convenient to be nearby for that. Does anyplace sort of fit ?? Thanks for your help. We can hardly wait to get there.
Cabana 8A would probably be a good choice. It is close to the Dig Site pool and a short walk to the main building. Truthfully, we don't find any of the walking that long, and I do not think it will bother your 17 year old at all. You can also get your mug refilled at Siesta's by the Dig Site pool.

RIP Genie
Old 04-15-2009, 09:16 AM   #1603
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerful chickadee View Post

thanks!!
A Guest Services manager told me that as long as your name is on the reservation, the second adult on the reservation can check-in. We've done this a few times when I traveled with a friend but we arrived on different days - whomever arrived first got their room key etc and when the other arrived stopped by the front desk to "check-in" and pick up their key etc.

So from what we've been told, be sure your name is on the reservation - does not have to be the lead name, but must be on the reservation.

I'm sure JamesLynn will also reply.

Have fun!!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1604
hfdoyle
Mouseketeer

We arrive Monday!

When I reserved, I requested connecting rooms in the Cabanas section. We are travelling with the ILs and one of our kids is booked in their room. We've decided to rent an ECV for my FIL whose arthritis has been acting up. Should I fax in and ask for ground floor? Can I do this if I use online check in? I'm a little confused about the benefit of checking in on line if you have a room request.

Also, one of our rooms is on the QSDP and the other isn't because the ILs aren't big eaters. I'm hoping between the PM and the other options at the resort, we'll all find some good things to eat.

POR 3/2001
CSR April 20-27 '09

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/iz6mc5sfvs9i4cjx.png[/img]
Old 04-15-2009, 09:40 AM   #1605
monte
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting these Buzz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******** View Post
Jogging Information

La Vida Massage & Fitness Center Photos

there are five tv's