Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #1576
MELISAZACK
DIS Veteran

We are going Aug 29-Sep 6 our 1st time to CSR and our first trip for my dad taking my brother - this trip might turn out interesting - me dad myson and my little brother..
2 boys both 11 - both have asperger's syndrome and my son has bad asthma and ADHD on top of it... but due to finace we decided to split a room don't know how smart that is.. anyway I already spoke with special services and requested a room close to the main building since my son and walking in heat can sometimes be an issue.. Hopeing that request can be meet at least.
my next big magical request and I know how far fetched this could be but what harm in trying is asking for an upgrade to a "bigger" room
just wondering if everyone thinks the same as me that is prob will not be meet. but I was thinking that if the boys have more space the normal in a room they might not kill each other during the week.. they tend to have issues if they are kept together to long.. I do plan to break away and take my son on his own once in a while to give him a break but nights worry me..

so I figure no harm in asking - if they do great if they don't we will work through it.. right!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:30 PM   #1577
aim
Mouseketeer

2009 Resort Mugs?

We visited CSR in November '08. Does anyone know if the resort mugs have changed? I read somewhere that all the mugs were changing in 2009. If they are different, could someone post a picture? Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 12:40 PM   #1578
tipsytrtle
Mouseketeer

we will be arriving at CSR october 2nd....
are the boats and such available for rental during that time? i think i read somewhere that the rentals were only "seasonal"
TIA

Old 04-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #1579
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim View Post
We visited CSR in November '08. Does anyone know if the resort mugs have changed? I read somewhere that all the mugs were changing in 2009. If they are different, could someone post a picture? Thanks!

The CSR has the same mug as last year. They do not carry the "What Will You Celebrate Mug" (just like they didn't carry the Year of a Million Dreams Mug) as the Pepper Market is not owned by Disney. Therefore, CSR has the same mugs again this year (the same they've had the last several years).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsytrtle View Post
we will be arriving at CSR october 2nd....
are the boats and such available for rental during that time? i think i read somewhere that the rentals were only "seasonal"
TIA
Yes, the marina is only open seasonably. As of now, this is the remainder of the 2009 season:

February 15-21, 2009
April 5-18, 2009
June 1 - Sept 7, 2009

They may be open some holiday weekends as well. You would have to check directly. Personally, the lake is so small at the CSR, that if we decide to rent a boat, we go over to the Polynesian and rent one there to go out onto Bay Lake as there is more to see and more space to do it in.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:25 PM   #1580
nativetexan
Earning My Ears

Good afternoon! I was about to book my room online and I noticed in the description "full size bed". Hmmmm??? Are all the rooms converted to queen size beds now? Thanks.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #1581
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
Good afternoon! I was about to book my room online and I noticed in the description "full size bed". Hmmmm??? Are all the rooms converted to queen size beds now? Thanks.
I don't know why this isn't updated online

All the rooms have been converted to queens. They still have a few sections to finish the complete room makeover.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:42 PM   #1582
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
They have not updated online system. This is, I am told, because some of the rooms still have the full size beds because they are being converted to king rooms. There are approximately 100 rooms being converted to kings--those that have not yet been converted still have the full size. ALL of the queen rooms have the queen beds.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #1583
rosiep
I don't drink, I try to convert people to nudism!
while it was a beautiful experience it was a slurge
I'm one of those people who need coffee just so I can make coffee

Kat-
Is it safe to assume that the king rooms will be the last to be renovated? I have a king room booked for September and I have the feeling it's going to be an older room (which is still fine by me).
Old 04-14-2009, 02:54 PM   #1584
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
They have not updated online system. This is, I am told, because some of the rooms still have the full size beds because they are being converted to king rooms. There are approximately 100 rooms being converted to kings--those that have not yet been converted still have the full size. ALL of the queen rooms have the queen beds.
Maybe I should just stick to reading your answers instead of chiming in. I knew about the changeover to kings but didn't know there were still twins at this time. Are they sticking people in these twin rooms? Or do they just leave them empty if they haven't been converted yet?
Old 04-14-2009, 03:09 PM   #1585
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiep View Post
Kat-
Is it safe to assume that the king rooms will be the last to be renovated? I have a king room booked for September and I have the feeling it's going to be an older room (which is still fine by me).
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Maybe I should just stick to reading your answers instead of chiming in. I knew about the changeover to kings but didn't know there were still twins at this time. Are they sticking people in these twin rooms? Or do they just leave them empty if they haven't been converted yet?

JamesLynn--HELP!

Rosiep, some of the King rooms have been renovated (someone posted pictures). I just know they were adding an additional 100 king rooms.

Tim, yes some people have still been put in the old "full rooms"--although I've not read about many of them.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:34 PM   #1586
debbiechels
Mouseketeer

Spa

Does anyone have any experience with the Spa as far as massages? Is there a list of services available anywhere? We are actually having a down day with no parks this trip and I thought maybe a massage might be nice while the kids swim?? I have been to the Grand Floridian Spa several times and love it - would be willing to travel there if it is better than CSR but would love not to travel!!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #1587
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiechels View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the Spa as far as massages? Is there a list of services available anywhere? We are actually having a down day with no parks this trip and I thought maybe a massage might be nice while the kids swim?? I have been to the Grand Floridian Spa several times and love it - would be willing to travel there if it is better than CSR but would love not to travel!!
I have had a massage six of our seven stays at the CSR. I've also had a massage at the GF. To me, a massage is a massage. As long as the person doing it does her/his job, I'm not real worried about the surroundings. The GF is a "Spa", the CSR has two rooms for massages (where they turn down the lights and play the soft music), but there is no other "spa" offerings...no robes, no jacuzzi, etc.

I have always had a very good massage at the CSR and have felt great for the rest of my trip. My massage at the GF was no better, no worse. The only thing I did not like about the GF was the fact that when we left (I had my son's girlfriend with me), they tried to push their products on us which I had no interest in (now this was back in 2004 and they may not do that any more).

Here is a list of the services at all of the resorts: http://www.relaxedyet.com/coronado_springs_resort.asp
Old 04-14-2009, 08:27 PM   #1588
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
JamesLynn--HELP!

Rosiep, some of the King rooms have been renovated (someone posted pictures). I just know they were adding an additional 100 king rooms.

Tim, yes some people have still been put in the old "full rooms"--although I've not read about many of them.
Yes, some people are still being put into rooms with double beds. The only section where you could get 2 doubles would be in the Casitas. The Cabanas and Ranchos all have queens.

King rooms are being renovated when that building goes down for rehab. So there are kings with the new look.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #1589
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aim View Post

Same mug. Hasn't changed.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:33 PM   #1590
jlcd
DIS Veteran

Faxed our room request for Cabanas in today. We check in on Friday. Looking forward to our first stay at CSR!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: