Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 07:48 PM   #1561
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmass View Post
Thanks, I'm sure I will. I checked out your trip report - your daughter is adorable!
Thanks! Hopefully I can write another TR soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstherS View Post
I am down to 2 weeks. Getting all the final details figured out!

Thanks Everyone for all the info!
OK Esther you get a dancing banana then too!!! LOLOL
Old 04-13-2009, 09:07 PM   #1562
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrbryant View Post
WOW!!! Is this what ALL the CSR rooms look like now? May be the factor that finally gets me to try the resort!

Karla B.
Yep, that is what they will all look like once the rehab is complete (October 09).

RIP Genie
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 10:43 PM   #1563
katiejo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
Go ahead and fax in your request before you arrive. We have some amazing people who work in the back office who are good at granting room requests.
There's also a manager stationed in the lobby. Chat with them and sometimes they are also helpful in pixie dusting to get your request. Find out where the room is at check-in and you can also ask for the cashier to check for another room that fits your request. We have some amazing front desk service advisors who are wonderful at moving rooms around to get guests what they would lie.

You can do online check-in if you would like. Our on-line check in guy will already have your room assigned and if it's the room that you have request, you won't have to worry about having to have us move rooms. With online check in, if you don't like the room, you can ask for a change. It just slows down the online check in time.

I am available for pictures. Gosh I feel like Mickey Mouse! I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday nights. Friday nights, I'm not available because I am the graveyard back office girl. But I'm around the rest of the nights and early morning.
Great! We're at CSR from May 20-May 27 and then we transfer to the Swan for my dh's conference. Should we ask for JamesLynn?

One more question (for now). In one of Kat's pictures, there are doors separating the "room" from the "bathroom" area. I'm a little worried that we will keep my 16 month old up if we are in the same room reading, talking, or watching tv. Would a pack and play or crib fit in there? Any other ideas for keeping him separate? I've heard of people rigging up a blanket type thing, but I'm not sure how that would work. We currently have a king reserved, but I'm happy to switch it to queens if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help and we look forward to meeting you!

Me Dh Ds
Old 04-13-2009, 11:15 PM   #1564
Brandy C
I can't wait to ride the one in HS
Cruising rocks!

I'm back

I checked in on 4/3 and walked up to the online check in desk and was immediately attended. My packet was handed to me in less than a minute and was assigned a room in Casitas 5 but asked if I could have a room in the Cabanas and under 4 minutes I was handed a new set of KTTW cards and off to Cabanas 9A room 9103. It was a corner room so I had two windows. I was steps from the Quiet pool which was nice but a bit noisy noisy at times. It was nice to hang out and have some drinks at the Laguna Bar. We were on the dining plan so eating at Maya Grill and Pepper Market was great. I did not see the alligator but CSR is beautiful. The renovated rooms look exactly as it does in the pictures. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.
CCL Miracle Mexican Riviera, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera 6/2012, DCL Wonder Mexican Riviera October 2011, CCL Paradise Ensenada October 2009, CCL Splendor Mexican Riviera August 2009, DCL Wonder Bahamas April 2009, WDW CSR April 2009, DCL Magic Mexican Riviera July 2008, WDW CSR 2006

DH ME DD DD DD Twins
Old 04-14-2009, 03:08 AM   #1565
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by snykymom View Post
Hi, aubriee! I'm currently planning to be there Dec. 13-18, also solo! Maybe we could meet for a drink or something!
Sounds great! There are several people from the solo board that's going to be there that week. You are more than welcome to join us for some ADRs if you want some company during the week. I usually meet up with them at least a few times when I'm down there. That's what I love about solo trips, you can hang out with others if you want for awhile, then go off and do your own thing. I believe at least one friend of mine may also be at CSR that week. She'll be solo too.

Last edited by aubriee; 04-14-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-14-2009, 05:34 AM   #1566
Pugrpooh
DIS Veteran

I've read a lot about how big CS is, but how does it compare to CBR? We've stayed there in the Jamaica section, and I didn't think the walk was bad to the food court or buses. Is CS bigger?

Old 04-14-2009, 07:26 AM   #1567
GeorgeC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugrpooh View Post
I've read a lot about how big CS is, but how does it compare to CBR? We've stayed there in the Jamaica section, and I didn't think the walk was bad to the food court or buses. Is CS bigger?
CBR is definitely bigger than CSR.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:10 AM   #1568
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo View Post
Great! We're at CSR from May 20-May 27 and then we transfer to the Swan for my dh's conference. Should we ask for JamesLynn?

One more question (for now). In one of Kat's pictures, there are doors separating the "room" from the "bathroom" area. I'm a little worried that we will keep my 16 month old up if we are in the same room reading, talking, or watching tv. Would a pack and play or crib fit in there? Any other ideas for keeping him separate? I've heard of people rigging up a blanket type thing, but I'm not sure how that would work. We currently have a king reserved, but I'm happy to switch it to queens if that makes a difference. Thanks for your help and we look forward to meeting you!
We've put a pack-n-play in that area before with no problem. We would put the PNP there and close the privacy curtain to make it dark for our child to go to sleep. It worked great!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:25 AM   #1569
eag119
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy C View Post
I checked in on 4/3 and walked up to the online check in desk and was immediately attended. My packet was handed to me in less than a minute and was assigned a room in Casitas 5 but asked if I could have a room in the Cabanas and under 4 minutes I was handed a new set of KTTW cards and off to Cabanas 9A room 9103. It was a corner room so I had two windows. I was steps from the Quiet pool which was nice but a bit noisy noisy at times. It was nice to hang out and have some drinks at the Laguna Bar. We were on the dining plan so eating at Maya Grill and Pepper Market was great. I did not see the alligator but CSR is beautiful. The renovated rooms look exactly as it does in the pictures. We had a great time and can't wait to go back.
I am sorry for being dense.. I can usually figure out all fo the acronyms, but I can't for the life of me figure out KTTW? LOL please help.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #1570
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eag119 View Post
I am sorry for being dense.. I can usually figure out all fo the acronyms, but I can't for the life of me figure out KTTW? LOL please help.
Key to the World (this is your key for your room, entrance to the park, has your dining credits, etc.).

RIP Genie
Old 04-14-2009, 08:39 AM   #1571
eag119
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Key to the World (this is your key for your room, entrance to the park, has your dining credits, etc.).
LOL. I never would have guessed that. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #1572
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

We had the queen beds in our room and put the PNP right in between the 2 beds and my son had no problem sleeping even if we had one of the lights on. But he hardly slpet in it, though. Who could blame in him with those comfy beds? LOL He was out like a light in our beds regardless of what was going on and he usually needs it to be dark and quiet!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #1573
vanyel
Mouseketeer
I like to escape in the occasional "bodice ripper"!
I don't think I want to be my tree

Quote:
The only concern I'd have about putting the pnp crib is that those doors can be a bit noisy when you open and close them. Just be careful with them or you'll wake up the little one and that wouldn't be good!
Old 04-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #1574
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:

LOL. If you asked for JamesLynn, my co-workers would be so confused!

Yes, the pack and play would fit in the little closet area next to the sink and you would be able to close those the doors.
Old 04-14-2009, 10:32 AM   #1575
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

It's so funny that I come to this place a few times a day to get my CSR fix! LOL I miss it so badly! I guess it feeds my addiction till next year! I should be on the other boards planning but instead I come in here (and other CSR threads) to feed my addiction!

JamesLynn, I can't remember clearly but didn't they sell umbrella strollers at Panchitos? I know I seen them somewhere and wasn't sure if I saw them at the actual parks or at Panchitos. My son will be 18 months when we return and I'd rather just buy a stroller when we're there rather than drag one along! LOL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: