Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 10:56 AM   #1531
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessmom29 View Post
As someone who lives in an area where alligators are VERY common I can tell you that alligators are very non agressive creatures. They are not like the crocodiles you see on animal planet. It is really rare that they would come after a human. They have been known to grab pets every now and agian, but you are not going ot get attacked laying in a hammock near the water. I have never seen or heard of an alligator bothering a boat, and even if someone went inot the water the gator be more likely to flee than attack. I guess if your little one actually go into the lake or was standing directly next to the water there might be some danger, but as has been previously pointed out this is a really small gator so I think you have nothing to worry about.
Good points, thank you. And, also in case the pp was unaware, you are NOT allowed into the water in the lake or on the beaches because of the risk of getting sick from water.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #1532
katiejo
Mouseketeer

Quick question for Kat or JamesLynn (or anyone else who might know).
In reading several threads, I've seen both that it is best to fax in a request a few days before our trip to get the section we prefer and that it is harder to get an upgrade if you ask. I know these are different things, but I was wondering if it is best for us to fax in our request or to just ask nicely when we arrive.

We would prefer a rehabbed room and a water view would be great. We currently have a king reserved. Does that decrease our chances of getting a rehabbed room?

As for online check in - we will be arriving arond 4:00 pm on a Wednesday. Is online still the way to go?

JamesLynn - Are you available for pictures? I told DH about a CM on the Dis who was helping me plan and he asked if that was going in the scrapbook!

We are so excited for my son's first trip!! He will love seeing Glen (though he will call it a doggie - he is 15 months old). Thank you all for the great info!

Me Dh Ds
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2009, 11:02 AM   #1533
Trissy
Indiana is where I live, but Michigan is my home

If we want to do a late check out will we have to pay extra? How much? When and who do we tell?
Old 04-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #1534
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejo View Post
Quick question for Kat or JamesLynn (or anyone else who might know).
In reading several threads, I've seen both that it is best to fax in a request a few days before our trip to get the section we prefer and that it is harder to get an upgrade if you ask. I know these are different things, but I was wondering if it is best for us to fax in our request or to just ask nicely when we arrive.

We would prefer a rehabbed room and a water view would be great. We currently have a king reserved. Does that decrease our chances of getting a rehabbed room?

As for online check in - we will be arriving arond 4:00 pm on a Wednesday. Is online still the way to go?

JamesLynn - Are you available for pictures? I told DH about a CM on the Dis who was helping me plan and he asked if that was going in the scrapbook!

We are so excited for my son's first trip!! He will love seeing Glen (though he will call it a doggie - he is 15 months old). Thank you all for the great info!

I'll answer what our experience has been and, hopefully, JamesLynn will be around soon and can give you her thoughts.

In our seven stays, we've paid once for a waterview room; on our other six stays, we were upgraded to a waterview room five of those six times and last year were upgraded to a junior suite for our 25th wedding anniversary. We have NEVER asked for an upgrade...we have just been very fortunate with the pixie dust I guess. We always fax in our request three days prior to our arrival with the section we would like to be in (we've always asked for and always gotten the Casitas).

I would request a section you want to be in (and please remember it is only a request) and then when you check in ask if possible to get a rehabbed room. I don't recall when you are going, but they are about six months into the rehab and are moving at a nice pace from what I can tell.

I can't answer about the online check in as we've not used it (and probably won't). Some people have had success with it while others said it didn't make a difference.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:40 PM   #1535
keekeeb
Earning My Ears

credit card at check-in

It's only been 3 years since our last trip, but my memory is horrible. When we check-in, do we need the same exact credit card that we used when we booked our trip online? Also, how does it work when you want to charge all your food, etc. to your credit card so you don't have to carry around cash? I thought there was a daily limit or something. We are NOT on the DDP.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #1536
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by keekeeb View Post
It's only been 3 years since our last trip, but my memory is horrible. When we check-in, do we need the same exact credit card that we used when we booked our trip online? Also, how does it work when you want to charge all your food, etc. to your credit card so you don't have to carry around cash? I thought there was a daily limit or something. We are NOT on the DDP.
They will ask you if you want to use the credit card you reserved with or a different one. You just have to have the credit card you want to use with you. As for the charging of food, etc., you can either charge to your credit card or they will give you a "spending limit" on your Key to the World card that will be applied to your credit card upon checking out.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #1537
Girlsontour
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
We relocate them when they get bigger. Glen's just a little guy, far too small to be moved.
Make sure that you leave him there until we have seen him - we will be coming all the way from England to see Glen and a rather large mouse
Old 04-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #1538
snykymom
Still tagless after all these years

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
I booked CSR for Dec 12th-20th. I wonder how crowded they'll be for that week. Are there any conventions going on that week? My main doubt about booking this resort is that I am traveling solo (at the moment, at least) and am concerned about being stuck way out in the Ranchos (too far from the food court and plus I think they are ugly). I'm thinking about requesting Casitas 1 or 3 or maybe Cabanas 9 A or B. What would be my best way of avoiding the Ranchos? Would it help to request a water view room. I'd hate to pay for a waterview room though and then be stuck with a view of a quiet pool. If I pay for a water view, I'd want to be facing the lake.
Hi, aubriee! I'm currently planning to be there Dec. 13-18, also solo! Maybe we could meet for a drink or something!
Old 04-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #1539
serene56
DIS Veteran

could someone tell me what building this is from--please?

Old 04-13-2009, 01:54 PM   #1540
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by serene56 View Post
could someone tell me what building this is from--please?

That is one of the Casitas but I'm not sure which one because the picture is kind of small.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:25 PM   #1541
serene56
DIS Veteran

are all casitas the same? (if you click on the little picture-- it goes to a bigger one if it helps.)
Old 04-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #1542
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
are all casitas the same? (if you click on the little picture-- it goes to a bigger one if it helps.)
Yes, all the Casitas are the same. After I enlarged it, I believe that might be Casitas 3 right on the opposite side of the quiet pool which is by Casitas 4.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #1543
serene56
DIS Veteran

Not all building have a quiet pool??

I think giving up being close to the Dig might work out-- if i get a place by a quiet pool. We WILL be back at the resort in the afternoons
Old 04-13-2009, 02:57 PM   #1544
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not all building have a quiet pool??

I think giving up being close to the Dig might work out-- if i get a place by a quiet pool. We WILL be back at the resort in the afternoons
No, all buildings do not have a quiet pool. The Casitas quiet pool is by Casitas 4. There is a quiet pool in the Ranchos area and in the Cabanas area.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:02 PM   #1545
kedz
Mouseketeer

Csr

Only 7 more day Then I will stop asking questions

My DD10 and DD7 want to get their hair braided, they do this at the resort right? If so where? When we stayed at CBR the hair braiding was located near the pool.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: