Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #1516
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlsontour View Post
Has anyone got a picture of "Glen"? I am sure that i saw one but this thread moves so fast that one nights sleep and i seem to have lost it.

I want to print it off so that we recognise him when we go in a months time!!!!!
Here you go:

Old 04-12-2009, 08:59 PM   #1517
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Thanks! We decided to rent a car or take a cab when we have to, because of the wheelchair - i can't have people bump into me without hurting me, so buses seem like a bad idea!

anyway, i am looking for advice on a QUIET area. Neither my soon-to-be-wife nor I are going to swim more than once, and we won't eat at the food court, so I am all for a quiet king room with a water view that is quiet! I don't need it close to bus, pool, or anything! I am all ears for ideas!

6 months til the wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstherS View Post
I will see if I can answer some for you. They started Reno's this past October and are scheduled to be completed this October. Cabana's I believe are completed, Casita, the top floor is done and I believe they are currently working over there now. Ranchos, I know there is some sections done just don't recall which ones.

They are breaking the reno up by buildings, so not to disturb the guests. Since you are going in October, you may miss all of the reno work.

As far as anything with the handicapped rooms, I am no help there. Maybe JamesLynn will be around sooner or later and can answer that.

ETA... Ok, found this post from KatMark.

"Its kind of fun to do the impossible" ~Walt Disney

Married in Disney World 10/26/2009!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-12-2009, 09:06 PM   #1518
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
Thanks! We decided to rent a car or take a cab when we have to, because of the wheelchair - i can't have people bump into me without hurting me, so buses seem like a bad idea!

anyway, i am looking for advice on a QUIET area. Neither my soon-to-be-wife nor I are going to swim more than once, and we won't eat at the food court, so I am all for a quiet king room with a water view that is quiet! I don't need it close to bus, pool, or anything! I am all ears for ideas!

6 months til the wedding!
If you aren't interested in being close to the food or pool, I would suggest the Ranchos. It is the LEAST requested area because it is the farthest from the food and pool and I have read that it is very quiet there.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:11 PM   #1519
motofox4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLynn View Post
I usually see him by the Cabanas.

Thanks James! i requested a room in either the casitas or cabanas so hopefully we'll get to see him somewhere along our walks!!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:17 PM   #1520
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
If you aren't interested in being close to the food or pool, I would suggest the Ranchos. It is the LEAST requested area because it is the farthest from the food and pool and I have read that it is very quiet there.
thanks!

i can't wait to see pics of the new renovations of the ranchos!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #1521
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPeveler View Post
thanks!

i can't wait to see pics of the new renovations of the ranchos!
The renovations are the same in all sections. The only thing I imagine that is different is possibly pictures on the wall.

And, in case I forgot earlier, congratulations on the upcoming wedding.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #1522
KPeveler

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The renovations are the same in all sections. The only thing I imagine that is different is possibly pictures on the wall.

And, in case I forgot earlier, congratulations on the upcoming wedding.
thanks! can't wait!

i am over-planning (this will be my 11th trip, so not a newbie!), but i have never stayed anywhere other than SoG and WL with my wheelchair, so i am a little nervous!

Old 04-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #1523
momma2kiddos
Mouseketeer

I am SO excited! Of course we're planning another trip back to WDW next March. First, it was just going to be just the kids and myself. Then my friend saw my pictures and said she's going with her 4 kids. My sister went courtesy of Make a Wish and said she's seen "The World" and doesn't need to go back. So my mom said she'd like to go with us in March but she'd just get a room only ressie as she wasn't interested in going to any of the parks. Well, my sister's boyfriend was looking at the pics of CSR and said they've been duped because the grounds at Make a Wish weren't nearly as beautiful as CSR so.....now they want to plan to go back too! LOL And everyone wants to stay at CSR! YAY!!!!!

So it'll be:
Me and my 2 kids (will be 12 and 18 months next March)
My mom
My best friend and kids (13, 11, 5, and 10 months in March)
My sis, boyfriend and kids (13, 10, 9, and 5 in March)

It'll be a full boat and I'm so excited! I just hope it's just me and my kids in our own room. I really don't want to share! LOL
Old 04-13-2009, 05:37 AM   #1524
Girlsontour
DIS Veteran

Thanks KatMark for the picture of Glen - her only words when i showed dd were..." oh my!!"
Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 AM   #1525
nanabear
Earning My Ears

I've now seen 3 pics of alligators at CSR and they make me very uncomfortable. I'm hoping to take my young dd there for the 1st time next spring. How can a person relax in a hammock next to the water when one of those things could pop out? What about the people who rent the recreational boats?

I thought Disney removed alligators from the resorts and parks when reported. We watched some cms at the WL chase a long snake near the pool until they caught it in a net! Would they really remove snakes but leave gators?
Old 04-13-2009, 08:42 AM   #1526
JamesLynn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabear View Post
I've now seen 3 pics of alligators at CSR and they make me very uncomfortable. I'm hoping to take my young dd there for the 1st time next spring. How can a person relax in a hammock next to the water when one of those things could pop out? What about the people who rent the recreational boats?

I thought Disney removed alligators from the resorts and parks when reported. We watched some cms at the WL chase a long snake near the pool until they caught it in a net! Would they really remove snakes but leave gators?
We relocate them when they get bigger. Glen's just a little guy, far too small to be moved.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #1527
Carlucci
Mouseketeer

Judging by the pic on page one of the FAQ, it looks like there is an option to have the fan ON at all times, even when the A/C is not "cooling". Is this correct?

I need a certain level of white-noise to sleep well, and I usually take a small portable fan along if I know that the entire A/C stops blowing air entirely when it stops the cooling cycle.

The ceiling fan will help with another of my needs--continuosly moving air--but ceiling fans do not generate enought white-noise.

Thanks.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 AM   #1528
notaclue
DIS Veteran

Pix of redone rooms

Where can I find pix of the new rooms at CSR? I read somewhere that the rooms only have 1 sink and no bench or coatrack; is that true? TIA
Old 04-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #1529
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by notaclue View Post
Where can I find pix of the new rooms at CSR? I read somewhere that the rooms only have 1 sink and no bench or coatrack; is that true? TIA
The CSR has only one sink, but lots of counter space. There is a coatrack.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #1530
princessmom29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanabear View Post

As someone who lives in an area where alligators are VERY common I can tell you that alligators are very non agressive creatures. They are not like the crocodiles you see on animal planet. It is really rare that they would come after a human. They have been known to grab pets every now and agian, but you are not going ot get attacked laying in a hammock near the water. I have never seen or heard of an alligator bothering a boat, and even if someone went inot the water the gator be more likely to flee than attack. I guess if your little one actually go into the lake or was standing directly next to the water there might be some danger, but as has been previously pointed out this is a really small gator so I think you have nothing to worry about.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: