Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #331
sisaaliyah
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your reviews Nicki!

As I was reading your Le Cellier review, I was wondering which you would choose now Le Cellier or Jiko for dinner? But you've already answered me before I could ask the question...Jiko it is. I was sold on Jiko from reading your review. We're also going to do Sci-Fi for lunch. The wave looked fabulous too and I wouldn't have even considered it until reading your review.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #332
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Your tips for the CR are a huge help, the view and floor are going to matter more than the king bed, I appreciate the tip!
When we stayed there, we checked into the CR at 8am in the morning. I have no idea if that effects what room your assigned. I've never been able to figure our their system. Our room location was amazing. DH always points to it to remind me that he'd like to stay there again some time Personally, I'm not "in love" with the place. But DH and DS5 love the arcade as it's the largest on property.

Have you ever thought of spending the night at a DTD hotel, then check into your WDW resort first thing in the morning? Just an idea.....

Quote:
Oh yes they did have a waffle iron at the place next to Earl of Sandwich but I forgot to take a picture....it was right next to the toaster and the blue and white dish sets...DH says thank goodness I do not Mickey decorate or I would blow a fortune in there!
THANK YOU!!! I can't believe you found the waffle iron AND gingerbread men!!! DS5 will be so happy!

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2009, 12:06 PM   #333
sisaaliyah
Mouseketeer

The veiled maiden in the Norway desserts looks really good. Anyone know what's in it?
Old 03-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #334
goofygal531
Always planning...

I'm wondering how crazy would it be to go for lunch at Captain Cooks while at the GF pool?

Do you think I can send DH over to the Poly and they'd box up the food to go?

How far is the walk from the GF pool area? I know the path is right there behind the cabanas to the Poly. We're going to do a cabana day by the pool and I'm thinking their menu would be a nice change from the basic sandwiches the GF CS has.

Any thoughts??? Am I crazy??

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #335
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post
Hey Girlfriend!!! The spa looks GREAT!!! Maybe good enough for a mother/daughter spa day! (maybe....for a massage & facial)

The sandwich from WPE looks fabulous! Too bad the chips were gross. Bummer. I love Goofy's, it's a must for our next trip. I have to get some goodies to bring home for the boys.

I can't wait to hear about your June excursion! We're def. going to the Wave when we come down.
The spa was amazing, granted we were there for just a few hours but so worth it. I wish they had a WPE in every park!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Thanks for the confirmation about the ice-cream Nicki - I swear it's not anything I've said but my DS is convinced that everyone in America eats ice-cream for breakfast all the time and it was the one thing he was excited about on our last trip - and then disappointed because he didn't get it. I am definitely booking Chef Mickeys for breakfast - hey, I might even be tempted myself (if I can drag myself away from that yummy-looking breakfast pizza )
Chef Mickeys breakfast was awesome, after all the blech reviews I was so happy to be very well fed! Kids can eat ice cream at every meal if you let them right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Nicki - We ate at The Plaza last year for the first time and fell in love with it! Their club sandwich is excellent and their fries were the best I've ever had anywhere.
Ooh the best french fries ever? Now I have to go there! Can I dip them in my milkshake? I know gross right but at McDonalds I have to dip fries into my vanilla milkshake...started when I was just 2, my mom said I was going for the kechup and missed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
Nicki you're my WDW vacationing hero!! When I grow up ( ) I want to vacation just like that!! its so cool you come back and you're going back in less than 5 months!
The spa sounds amazing the breakfast looks decent, I know we didn't have any room for WPE on our itenerary so I added a day just to go to DTD -i'm a true foodie!
did you happen to see the price on the ginormous krispy mickey treat?
I need a hot pink cape when I go to WDW...here I come to eat the world! I didnt see the price but I did want to lean in and bite off his nose! You will love WPE, everything we have ordered there has been fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Join the rest of us with the thighs!!!! I'm so glad I could help. I'll be emailing you later in the week with our proposed ADR's and you're going to have give me major help.
And the tush, dont leave that one out Ok girl I am ready to make your ressies...but can I add one more person? ME! I will drive up and eat with ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
Thank you for the reviews! We are doing CM breakfast and can't wait!
You are going to love it! Just remember if the first line is busy go all the way to the back...no one there...and eat a slice of pizza and think of me ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisaaliyah View Post
Thanks for your reviews Nicki!

As I was reading your Le Cellier review, I was wondering which you would choose now Le Cellier or Jiko for dinner? But you've already answered me before I could ask the question...Jiko it is. I was sold on Jiko from reading your review. We're also going to do Sci-Fi for lunch. The wave looked fabulous too and I wouldn't have even considered it until reading your review.
Ok I asked DH this very same question, do I book Jiko or LC for our Oct trip and he said Jiko...the meal was just the best at Jiko. Sci Fi lunch is awesome, I hope my review lives up to its name for you....the onion rings, oh boy do I miss them

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
Have you ever thought of spending the night at a DTD hotel, then check into your WDW resort first thing in the morning? Just an idea.....

THANK YOU!!! I can't believe you found the waffle iron AND gingerbread men!!! DS5 will be so happy!
I would not mind staying elsewhere but I am the one that has to pack and unpack so I would rather stay in one place. I thought DH wanted to do SSR but he pulled a fast one on me and opted for CR...I just hope he doesnt forget that he wanted this place (in case he isnt feeling it )

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisaaliyah View Post
The veiled maiden in the Norway desserts looks really good. Anyone know what's in it?
I think it was rice and apples. I should have tried that one instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
I'm wondering how crazy would it be to go for lunch at Captain Cooks while at the GF pool?

Do you think I can send DH over to the Poly and they'd box up the food to go?

How far is the walk from the GF pool area? I know the path is right there behind the cabanas to the Poly. We're going to do a cabana day by the pool and I'm thinking their menu would be a nice change from the basic sandwiches the GF CS has.

Any thoughts??? Am I crazy??
Yes they do box up the food at CC and it isnt that far of a walk...took us 10 minutes max and that was walking pretty slow.....I mean it was a bit after 7am! I wish I had the time to try the adult grilled cheese, it looked so good!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:06 PM   #336
ChristaDeVil
DIS Veteran

Love your reviews. Looks like you guys had a blast! The Blood Orange thing in the Norway window looked good to me. I'll have to seek that out! We'll be there at the same time in June (ours is May 30-June 5). We'll probably run into each other in lines for booze.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:44 PM   #337
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

I can't believe it's over all ready Good thing you booked that new trip, so I have one more set of reviews before our trip

The Spa sounds wonderful! I think I may set something up at the SSR spa for our F&W trip; a round of golf in the morning & then a massage then F&W

At CM's do they still have the PB&J pizza? It was Chip & Dales specialty, and the one thing the DS remembers from there (it's been 7 years )

You sound just like DH about the tropical ice tea at WPE, he loves that stuff! We have a WPE here (they just renamed & sort of changed the style, but a lot of the same foods) but they serve a different tea here. He likes it, but not as much as the tropical one.

Thank you for wonderful reviews yet again (and thanks to Todd for putting up with it )

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:40 PM   #338
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Yes the Peach Snap is the schnapps oolong frozen tea..so good its like booze-lite! The Nuvo is bubbly sweet vodka fruit-y champagne like drink...very good!
Thanks, I can't wait to try both!

Quote:
And now we are home and it stinks! Oh well I better get on the phone and make ressies!

I think we are going to do Contempo breakfasts and on our departure day go back to Chef Mickeys or maybe Crystal Palace or maybe try the Wave? Lunches will be CS and for dinner I think the China place in Epcot since we have never been, Cali Grill if I can get in if not the Wave again. Maybe WPE for our arrival night and I need one more dinner...any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and chatting you guys, it was a blast and I am so bummed its over! Keep and eye out for the next installment of the Nicki and Todd dining show, to air sometime the end of May!
I see that you've decided on The Plaza for your May/June trip. We really like it for a light meal. When you have another open slot, you may want to consider Hollywood Brown Derby. (I noticed it's one of the few restaurants you haven't tried.) We ate there several years ago, & had a bad experience. It took until last Oct. for us to return, & it was one of best meals we've ever had at WDW. We all thought it was much better than the meal we had at Flying Fish the next night.

We're also trying Nine Dragons & Cali Grill for the 1st time in May. I'm really starting to question the CG ADR though. It seems the majority of reviews for CG are negative or less than glowing lately. We may be changing that one. We're also trying Jiko & Tutto Italia for the 1st time. I've enjoyed you reviews for both of those. We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's & weren't impressed. TI sounds like a definite improvement.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:54 PM   #339
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
Thanks, I can't wait to try both!

I see that you've decided on The Plaza for your May/June trip. We really like it for a light meal. When you have another open slot, you may want to consider Hollywood Brown Derby. (I noticed it's one of the few restaurants you haven't tried.) We ate there several years ago, & had a bad experience. It took until last Oct. for us to return, & it was one of best meals we've ever had at WDW. We all thought it was much better than the meal we had at Flying Fish the next night.

We're also trying Nine Dragons & Cali Grill for the 1st time in May. I'm really starting to question the CG ADR though. It seems the majority of reviews for CG are negative or less than glowing lately. We may be changing that one. We're also trying Jiko & Tutto Italia for the 1st time. I've enjoyed you reviews for both of those. We ate in Italy when it was Alfredo's & weren't impressed. TI sounds like a definite improvement.
I second the HBD suggestion It's our one "must do" every trip

We're also considering CG, but not sure since most of the recent reviews have only been "eh". Nine Dragons does nothing for me. I suppose if I didn't have a Chinese restaurant that I love here at home, but I can't see going all the way to Disney for Chinese food I used to love going to Marrakesh, but now I've got a great Lebanese/Middle Eastern restaurant 5 minutes from the house (with awesome hummus & pita and DH swears by their falafel) and I don't pay Disney prices for it .

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 PM   #340
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay, Nic, I emailed you our thoughts on our ADR's. Now, it is your job to finalize for me knowing the new ones that you decided to eat at and enjoy so much this trip and what we should drop.

RIP Genie
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #341
photomama
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the great reviews!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #342
AlohaPolynesian
DIS Veteran

Welcome home and thanks again for all of the reviews!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:31 PM   #343
wdwfanatic316
Mouseketeer

Just got done reading the whole thread thanks so much for posting! It was the next thing to being at WDW! Great reviews and pictures

Also, I wanted to say how lucky you are that your DH seems to enjoy WDW almost as much as you! I'm still working on mine
Old 03-10-2009, 04:48 AM   #344
wifey
DIS Veteran

Just finished reading your thread and I've got to say what a wonderful job you've done the photos and your comments are amazing and funny, glad to see you kept your sense of humour through everything I've been trying not to "do a Homer Simpson" when reading your reports and looking at those lovely photos, good job we can't smell the delicious aromas too
You've made us think again about The Wave I'm going to have to look at our choices again for ADRs and see if we can squeeze it in somewhere. Todd is a very good chap for thinking about your tastes in food when he's ordered for you. Hang on to him he's worth his weight in gold, there's not many considerate men like him around, I'm lucky I've got one just like him

So we'll be eagerly looking forward to your next review as we'll be hopefully making our ADRs in June/July for our September trip when we celebrate our 16th Wedding Anniversary. We don't know when we'll get the chance to visit again in the future due to DS getting older it gets harder to take him out of school for family holidays, so we're going to really let our hair down and have a fantastic time.

Food Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2204927

Trip Report 2009 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2286975

Trip Report 2007 http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1508500[img]

June 1998 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2000 AS Music Jazz 2510, September 2002 SpringHill Suites MV, February 2004 AS Movies Purdey 4960, June 2005 Comfort Inn LBV, November 2005 Sequoia Lodge DLRP Last trip 21st June 2007 AS Movies,September 2009 First time at Port Orleans French Quarter,Next trip Yacht club (club level)August 2013
Me DH NielDS Ethan
wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:48 AM   #345
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristaDeVil View Post
Love your reviews. Looks like you guys had a blast! The Blood Orange thing in the Norway window looked good to me. I'll have to seek that out! We'll be there at the same time in June (ours is May 30-June 5). We'll probably run into each other in lines for booze.
It was a great trip, so sad to be home but enjoying the planning for our next one! I will look out for you at Norway Bakery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
I can't believe it's over all ready Good thing you booked that new trip, so I have one more set of reviews before our trip

The Spa sounds wonderful! I think I may set something up at the SSR spa for our F&W trip; a round of golf in the morning & then a massage then F&W

At CM's do they still have the PB&J pizza? It was Chip & Dales specialty, and the one thing the DS remembers from there (it's been 7 years )

You sound just like DH about the tropical ice tea at WPE, he loves that stuff! We have a WPE here (they just renamed & sort of changed the style, but a lot of the same foods) but they serve a different tea here. He likes it, but not as much as the tropical one.

Thank you for wonderful reviews yet again (and thanks to Todd for putting up with it )

Oh hon I could go for a huge glass of that ice tea right now, and a massage too! Sadly they did not have the PB&J pizza, I think the bacon and egg pizza might have replaced it. I know DH liked the PB&J one from Cape May....he is a peanut butter junky!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post

I def have the Plaza down but now DH is telling me he wants to go back to Tonys because the calamari was soooo wonderful. And he also made me scratch Nine Dragons and replace it with San Angel Inn dinner. Brown Derby looks very good, might have to add that in for Oct....better than FF? We loved FF! You will LOVE Jiko and Tutto...those are 2 favs of ours...we didnt like it when it was Alfredo's either. Have a wonderful trip and I cannot wait to hear all about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
I second the HBD suggestion It's our one "must do" every trip

We're also considering CG, but not sure since most of the recent reviews have only been "eh". Nine Dragons does nothing for me. I suppose if I didn't have a Chinese restaurant that I love here at home, but I can't see going all the way to Disney for Chinese food I used to love going to Marrakesh, but now I've got a great Lebanese/Middle Eastern restaurant 5 minutes from the house (with awesome hummus & pita and DH swears by their falafel) and I don't pay Disney prices for it .
I guess my Nine Dragons idea didnt wow DH either as he asked me to dump it! I did book Cali Grill for this trip, so much easier since we are right in the resort. I have always wanted to try Marrakesh but I love Tangierine Cafe so much we usually just eat there. Ooh falafel....can you mail me some? We do not have those types of restaurants around Naples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Okay, Nic, I emailed you our thoughts on our ADR's. Now, it is your job to finalize for me knowing the new ones that you decided to eat at and enjoy so much this trip and what we should drop.
Ok Babe I'm on it....I will email you today!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: