Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #316
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

MICKEY MOUSE WAFFLES AND TATER TOTS

CROISSANTS AND BAGELS

FRUITS, THEY HAD BLUEBERRY YOGURT, COTTAGE CHEESE AND JELLO WITH BANANAS AND STRAWBERRIES IN IT

LOX, HARD BOILED EGGS, PEACHES, COTTAGE CHEESE ETC

BREAKFAST PIZZA

SCRAMBLED EGGS

STEAK OMELET, BASICALLY EGGS WITH STEAK ON THE TOP (THEY ALSO HAD A 3 CHEESE OMELET)

VEGGIE LASAGNE

BISCUITS AND GRAVY

POTATOES WITH ONIONS AND PEPPERS

CORN BEEF HASH AND BACON

SAUSAGE

PANCAKES AND FRENCH TOAST

CINNAMON BUNS

CEREALS

TOPPINGS

BLUEBERRY AND STRAWBERRY TOPPINGS FOR THE BLINTZES

CHEESE BLINTZES

KRISPY KREME GLAZED DONUTS, RICE KRISPIE TREATS

BROWNIES AND CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS

CHEESE DANISH AND APPLE TURNOVERS

MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #317
MickeyNicki

After our breakfast we went back to the Poly and sat in the sun until it was time to leave at 1pm. Here are the views from our Samoa 2nd floor view

We said ALOHA to the Poly and headed to DTD, neither one of us really wanted to leave but we felt much better knowing we would be back in June! These little 4 day weekends really refresh ya!

DTD was mobbed, the parking lots were full but we lucked out and grabbed a spot by T-Rex. I cannot believe the things they have on sale, all toys 35% off, all plush 20% off, clothing was on sale, just about everything was on sale! Not just at DTD but at the resorts and the parks too...we also noticed the TS places were not full, they were taking walk ins but the CS places were mobbed! Not just in DTD but the parks and resorts too.

After we shopped and picked up some things for the nieces we wandered to the new create your own tee shirt place. We are so going to do that the next time we go, its great! The Xmas tree place was empty, I guess no one is thinking of Xmas yet ha ha.

Since we have not been to WPE since June we knew we wanted to eat there. DH decided on the pizza, he wanted mushroom and sausage and the CM was totally confused that we wanted to leave off the pepperoni and sub sausage, we must have said it three times and he said ok I got it....so this is what Todd got:

Can you see the pepperoni? Its all good because DH loves pepperoni and I do not and he was just trying to do something nice for his beloved. The pizza was goooooood but a bit too soft in towards the center...next time we will tell them to cook it more well done. He is a cherry coke nut so he had to have one...blech can you say cough medicine??

I had no clue what I wanted so DH ordered for me...I said just make it something yummy. He ordered a roast beef and cheddar foccaccia and it was insanely wonderful. The greens and the blood red tomato with a light dressing made this sandwich to die for. The parm chips are gross....they are not cooked very well and hard and chewy. I had the tropical ice tea, wish every place had this.

We just love this place and sitting outside wishing we were not going home was a nice place to be!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #318
MickeyNicki

Last stop on the food cruise was Goofy's Candy Shop...this place was packed and very hard to move around in. I did score a few gingerbread cookies and they were much better this time, nice and soft and wonderfully spicy.

Look at the size of this rice krispie Mickey Head!

Ah if only this was real!

DH picked out some loose candy and we had pretzels made...I am so mad that they no longer have Reese's Peanut Butter Cups as a topping, just Butterfinger and Reese's Peece's....gross. But I got my pretzels, 2 with milk chocolate and Butterfinger and caramel drizzle and I was kind enough to let DH have one with milk chocolate and pecans with caramel drizzle. They were great on the car ride home!

Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #319
goofygal531
Always planning...

Hi Nicki, glad you got to experience the spa together. I'm a total spa junkie! GF Spa is nice (I'm going there again this June) but wait until you try SSR Spa, so much better! It's just larger and for some reason, offers different treatments than the GF Spa (but run by the same company). I also liked that the lounge at the SSR was shared, so DH and I could sit and hang out together. I love all the shower products too! Have you hit Basin White at the GF? I'm in love with the Lemon Sugar scent stuff. It's not nearly as expensive as the products at the spa.

We had requested the same thing as you did for the CR tower (last week of May too! It's our anniversary we used to always travel at that time). They gave us the third floor from the top, last room down the hallway, MK side. From the bed, you could look in the mirror and see the castle over your shoulder. It was amazing! I also requested a king bed, but they said they only have 22 rooms with king beds and thought our view was more important to us. So don't push the king issue if you want a good view. They gave me a whole speech that it's a "family resort" so king beds are very limited.

Hey, did you happen to spot the mickey waffle iron this trip? Still searching for one
Mare

I'm so happy you found the gingerbread men! I knew you would!! DS5 is going to be thrilled!!! Thanks!

Our Disney Vacations
8/14 Yacht Club's Regatta Club • 8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan

Last edited by goofygal531; 03-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #320
MickeyNicki

And now we are home and it stinks! Oh well I better get on the phone and make ressies!

I think we are going to do Contempo breakfasts and on our departure day go back to Chef Mickeys or maybe Crystal Palace or maybe try the Wave? Lunches will be CS and for dinner I think the China place in Epcot since we have never been, Cali Grill if I can get in if not the Wave again. Maybe WPE for our arrival night and I need one more dinner...any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and chatting you guys, it was a blast and I am so bummed its over! Keep and eye out for the next installment of the Nicki and Todd dining show, to air sometime the end of May!
Old 03-09-2009, 10:34 AM   #321
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Wow, you definitely saved some of the best till last. Chef Mickeys actually looks really good - have read a couple of not-so-rave reviews lately and was wondering whether it was worth it but DS really wants to go somewhere that he can have ice-cream for breakfast and I have been told that CM has that so we will probably head there once in October (promised him he could have ice-cream for breakfast on our trip last April and the poor, deprived lad never got it )
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #322
kbr345
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the great reviews. We will be there the same time as you. I will look for another fellow Italian girl while we are there. We are doing Chef Mickey's for b-fast too and noticed the toppings, do they serve ice cream at b-fast? Thanks again. I always love reading your reviews.
kbr345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:59 AM   #323
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
And now we are home and it stinks! Oh well I better get on the phone and make ressies!

I think we are going to do Contempo breakfasts and on our departure day go back to Chef Mickeys or maybe Crystal Palace or maybe try the Wave? Lunches will be CS and for dinner I think the China place in Epcot since we have never been, Cali Grill if I can get in if not the Wave again. Maybe WPE for our arrival night and I need one more dinner...any suggestions?

Thanks for reading and chatting you guys, it was a blast and I am so bummed its over! Keep and eye out for the next installment of the Nicki and Todd dining show, to air sometime the end of May!
I can't remember--have you tried the Plaza at the MK? It seems to be you have done everything. What about Turf Club at the Saratoga? We've been thinking of trying this and we've read good/bad reviews.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #324
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
Hi Nicki, glad you got to experience the spa together. I'm a total spa junkie! GF Spa is nice (I'm going there again this June) but wait until you try SSR Spa, so much better! It's just larger and for some reason, offers different treatments than the GF Spa (but run by the same company). I also liked that the lounge at the SSR was shared, so DH and I could sit and hang out together. I love all the shower products too! Have you hit Basin White at the GF? I'm in love with the Lemon Sugar scent stuff. It's not nearly as expensive as the products at the spa.

We had requested the same thing as you did for the CR tower (last week of May too! It's our anniversary we used to always travel at that time). They gave us the third floor from the top, last room down the hallway, MK side. From the bed, you could look in the mirror and see the castle over your shoulder. It was amazing! I also requested a king bed, but they said they only have 22 rooms with king beds and thought our view was more important to us. So don't push the king issue if you want a good view. They gave me a whole speech that it's a "family resort" so king beds are very limited.

Hey, did you happen to spot the mickey waffle iron this trip? Still searching for one
Mare

I'm so happy you found the gingerbread men! I knew you would!! DS5 is going to be thrilled!!! Thanks!
I love Basin too! I usually drop a small fortune in there but I have plenty left from our January trip so it will have to wait until June. You have me totally pumped to try Saratoga Spa now...is it October yet???

Your tips for the CR are a huge help, the view and floor are going to matter more than the king bed, I appreciate the tip! Oh yes they did have a waffle iron at the place next to Earl of Sandwich but I forgot to take a picture....it was right next to the toaster and the blue and white dish sets...DH says thank goodness I do not Mickey decorate or I would blow a fortune in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Wow, you definitely saved some of the best till last. Chef Mickeys actually looks really good - have read a couple of not-so-rave reviews lately and was wondering whether it was worth it but DS really wants to go somewhere that he can have ice-cream for breakfast and I have been told that CM has that so we will probably head there once in October (promised him he could have ice-cream for breakfast on our trip last April and the poor, deprived lad never got it )
I was very worried about CM for the noise and the food but both of us were very happy with it...it isnt my baby Boma but it was very very good and the location was great for us. Yes they did have ice cream, lots of happy little kids in line for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbr345 View Post
Thanks so much for the great reviews. We will be there the same time as you. I will look for another fellow Italian girl while we are there. We are doing Chef Mickey's for b-fast too and noticed the toppings, do they serve ice cream at b-fast? Thanks again. I always love reading your reviews.
Yes they did have ice cream but there were so many kids by it I could not take a picture...they were loading ice cream with gummy bears...a bit weird but not for a kid right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I can't remember--have you tried the Plaza at the MK? It seems to be you have done everything. What about Turf Club at the Saratoga? We've been thinking of trying this and we've read good/bad reviews.
Thats it! Thats the winner! We ate there many many many years ago and I would like to do that for our MK night! Thanks girlfriend! Fries, burgers and milkshakes - minus the booze.....my thighs are gonna love me!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #325
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

Hey Girlfriend!!! The spa looks GREAT!!! Maybe good enough for a mother/daughter spa day! (maybe....for a massage & facial)

The sandwich from WPE looks fabulous! Too bad the chips were gross. Bummer. I love Goofy's, it's a must for our next trip. I have to get some goodies to bring home for the boys.

I can't wait to hear about your June excursion! We're def. going to the Wave when we come down.

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #326
wilma-bride
Would love a diet on Cadbury Flakes
Admits she's strange when it comes to eggs

DISboards Moderator

Thanks for the confirmation about the ice-cream Nicki - I swear it's not anything I've said but my DS is convinced that everyone in America eats ice-cream for breakfast all the time and it was the one thing he was excited about on our last trip - and then disappointed because he didn't get it. I am definitely booking Chef Mickeys for breakfast - hey, I might even be tempted myself (if I can drag myself away from that yummy-looking breakfast pizza )
wilma-bride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #327
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Nicki - We ate at The Plaza last year for the first time and fell in love with it! Their club sandwich is excellent and their fries were the best I've ever had anywhere.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:34 AM   #328
BreTyPres87
Mouseketeer

Nicki you're my WDW vacationing hero!! When I grow up ( ) I want to vacation just like that!! its so cool you come back and you're going back in less than 5 months!
The spa sounds amazing the breakfast looks decent, I know we didn't have any room for WPE on our itenerary so I added a day just to go to DTD -i'm a true foodie!
did you happen to see the price on the ginormous krispy mickey treat?

Last trip June 2010
Read my DxDDP Dining Report Here

Next trip is in the works for Winter 2014
BreTyPres87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #329
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

Thats it! Thats the winner! We ate there many many many years ago and I would like to do that for our MK night! Thanks girlfriend! Fries, burgers and milkshakes - minus the booze.....my thighs are gonna love me!

Join the rest of us with the thighs!!!! I'm so glad I could help. I'll be emailing you later in the week with our proposed ADR's and you're going to have give me major help.
KatMark is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:53 AM   #330
mi*vida*loca
DIS Veteran

Thank you for the reviews! We are doing CM breakfast and can't wait!

mi*vida*loca is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: