Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 10:28 AM   #286
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Our day tomorrow was DH's decision...we have a couples 80 minute massage at the Grand Floridian at 8am and we decided to keep our late breakfast at Chef Mickeys, I really hope we make it! The Poly said we can stay until 1 and then we will go over to DTD, do some shopping and have a late lunch before getting on the road at 3pm to go home...boo hoo.

I will not update until I get home so stick around.

We have been kicking around coming back in May.. I want to come back in early May but DH says June...ick..too hot then and the FLower show is over with. Maybe we can compromise and come back the last week of May?

Have a good night all!
Woohoo! I'm going the last weekend in May The 30th to June 3rd. I know it's gonna be hot, but its Disney, land of blasting AC in every attraction and store
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 AM   #287
bouldertcr
Mouseketeer

Love the report: Had a question?

Hi MickeyNicki!

Loving the live report. As I am reading through your report and knowing that it is your mission to eat at every restaurant at wdw once, I was wondering which table side restaurant's do you still have to eat at? One more question, out of all of your CS and TS restaurants so far, which one is your favorite in each category (CS/TS)?
bouldertcr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #288
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
Not to hijack but i'm drinking a bottle right now (small bottle I had to run out after reading this review! ) its really smooth its carbonated and sweet i'm a punk when it comes to alcohol and its good to me!!
Since Nicki's partying w/o us, hopefully she won't mind a bit of a derail. She can get us back on track, when she gets home. I'm going to have to send my hubby in search of Nuvo. I don't know where he can find it around here. Knowing my luck, Epcot's probably the closest place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Oh The PITHIVIERS is a MUST DO! for me.

Last trip I met a girl that worked in the patiseriere waiting on line to purchase. I asked what she was getting and she said "oh that Pithiviers is delicious. It is a perfect recreation and reminds me of home"

So I had one.
Then I had another the next day
And another the day after that.
It was that delicious. An Almond treat of goodness (and I don't even really like almonds but this is yummy) GO BACK AND TRY IT!
Thanks to your suggestion my DH & I shared our 1st Pithiviers a couple weeks ago. It was very good, & 1 was a great snack for the 2 of us. I'm sure we'll get another, when we find ourselves in France & looking for a snack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreTyPres87 View Post
15 for a glass?!! I love WDW price jack ups! i got a 200ml bottle for $14 (that includes lovely MD tax )

It is a great girly drink even the bottle is pretty and girly it looks like a bottle of perfume! yet men love to drink it as well.. it takes a real man to drink a sparkling pink drink
lol... I thought the same thing. I was worried it may taste a bit like perfume too, so I passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreamz View Post
I am amazed at the dessert/pastry selections in Norway! Whenever we have been in there, its been late in the day and the selection was very limited. Our standby is cannoli from Italy as a result, but I'll be taking a gander through this spot for sure! Too bad to hear the cappucino cheesecake wasn't the best, that was what I had my eye on
We've never tried the cannoli. We usually pass on it everywhere, because we have a place across the street that makes the best I've ever had. I'll have to add the one in Italy to our list to see how it compares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Woohoo! I'm going the last weekend in May The 30th to June 3rd. I know it's gonna be hot, but its Disney, land of blasting AC in every attraction and store
That's a great time to be at WDW! It's warm enough for the water attractions, but not too hot to be walking around. (That said, I'm a Floridian, so we may have a different opinion of nice weather. ) I think you'll have a great trip that time of year though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouldertcr View Post
Hi MickeyNicki!

Loving the live report. As I am reading through your report and knowing that it is your mission to eat at every restaurant at wdw once, I was wondering which table side restaurant's do you still have to eat at? One more question, out of all of your CS and TS restaurants so far, which one is your favorite in each category (CS/TS)?
Good question!
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #289
islandbound1day
Mouseketeer

I will be going to Disney in a couple of weeks and I have reservations for some of the same places that you reviewed and I have really enjoy each of your reviews. I noticed that you got a filet at the Wave and I was wondering if that was a special request because I do not see it on the Menu that is listed on allears.net. I am actually staying at the Contemporary so if I could get a filet at the Wave then I would be so excited. Steak is my favorite and I did not see that option so that is why I did not book the Wave. I may have to change it now if so!

Proud BLT Owner!!
islandbound1day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #290
Uncle Remus
Raconteur
can't name 'em Jeb, George, and Barbara, these are GOOD dogs!

This thread is

I'm gonna spend the day in here.
Old 03-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #291
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandbound1day View Post
I will be going to Disney in a couple of weeks and I have reservations for some of the same places that you reviewed and I have really enjoy each of your reviews. I noticed that you got a filet at the Wave and I was wondering if that was a special request because I do not see it on the Menu that is listed on allears.net. I am actually staying at the Contemporary so if I could get a filet at the Wave then I would be so excited. Steak is my favorite and I did not see that option so that is why I did not book the Wave. I may have to change it now if so!
I hope Nicki doesn't mind me answering her question, but I had the same dish as she had and it IS on the regular menu - it is listed as the beef tenderloin. They also have a pork tenderloin which is wonderful.
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:26 PM   #292
mcrabeck
DIS Veteran

I just read through all 20 pages! Great reviews like always- thanks for sharing your vacation with us!

Next Trips:
Halloween Trip WDW -Oct 2013
Spring Break-April 2014

mcrabeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #293
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

Hey Girl! I've got my eyes on the fruit tart at Kringla... wonder if it's good... how bad can it be with fruit, pastry cream, and crust, huh? we'll see! Cait. loves the chocolate mousse at the french bakery... last time she had it, it was delicious (I managed to sneak a bite too!)

I think we're gonna change our ressies a bit (hotel choices only) we're still going to come down on the 23rd of Oct til the 1st of Nov. BUT I don't think we'll be staying at the Poly ( ) it's not looking very good for that at the moment... but we'll still go to the Tambu for some drinks I'll let you know what we decide though....

Can't wait to hear about the massage... I love getting a massage... Have fun at Chef Mickey's!

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #294
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Hi everyone from home...bummer...but we did book a bounceback before we left...June 3 to the 7th and DH picked the resort, the CR main building with a MK view..40% off! He was really into the resort when we went to the Wave and Chef Mickeys this morning and I reminded him that we stayed there in 05 but the wing units and we didnt like it but it was his turn to choose so what can I say?

So far I think we will try China for dinner, Cali Grill for dinner and either Kona or GFC again....hmmm need to get on this right away!

Updates coming soon!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:18 PM   #295
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone from home...bummer...but we did book a bounceback before we left...June 3 to the 7th and DH picked the resort, the CR main building with a MK view..40% off! He was really into the resort when we went to the Wave and Chef Mickeys this morning and I reminded him that we stayed there in 05 but the wing units and we didnt like it but it was his turn to choose so what can I say?

So far I think we will try China for dinner, Cali Grill for dinner and either Kona or GFC again....hmmm need to get on this right away!

Updates coming soon!
Welcome home!!! We arrive on June 6th and are staying at AKL!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:22 PM   #296
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Hey Nicki, we'll be down there during the same time frame. We will be there June 5-12th staying at SSR. We called today to make our dinner reservations. We will be trying Spoodles, California Grill, Coral Reef and Rose & Crown Pub. We haven't eaten at any of these before. We will also be dining at Raglan Road, where we have to go when we are down there. It is our favorite! (Any suggestions on these places?)

Your reports are totally awesome. So sad that you had to go home today, but June is just around the corner!
Old 03-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #297
TinkerBelle_325
WDW Destination Blog owner and CSR FAQ thread runner!

Quote:

Updates coming soon!
LOL We'll be like ships passing in the night Nicki! I go home on the 3rd. Looking forward to the updates.
CURRENT DINING REPORT: ~First we eat, then we do everything else! May 2014~
UPCOMING DINING REPORT: It's the most wonderful time...FOOD & WINE! Oct/Nov 2014~
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:37 PM   #298
DearDaisyinDurham
I'm trying not to look at the poutine, it's my weakness

thanks MickeyNicki for the wonderful reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
Oh The PITHIVIERS is a MUST DO! for me.

Last trip I met a girl that worked in the patiseriere waiting on line to purchase. I asked what she was getting and she said "oh that Pithiviers is delicious. It is a perfect recreation and reminds me of home"

So I had one.
Then I had another the next day
And another the day after that.
It was that delicious. An Almond treat of goodness (and I don't even really like almonds but this is yummy) GO BACK AND TRY IT!
now I need to try the Pithiviers, I LOVE almonds is it like a biscotti? can't wait to try this.

Thanks MickeyNicki for the reviews & pics!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 07:06 PM   #299
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Welcome home, girlfriend. Hope you and Todd had an uneventful drive. So glad to hear about the bounceback...more reviews before we go in September.

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #300
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearDaisyinDurham View Post
now I need to try the Pithiviers, I LOVE almonds is it like a biscotti? can't wait to try this.

Thanks MickeyNicki for the reviews & pics!!!
No not like a biscotti in that it is soft. and creamy somehow? Oh really I am dying to get my hands on one when we get there. I think it's worth a try for you.
java is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: