Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 AM   #256
msce2
DIS Veteran

If they have that much energy leftover at the end of the day at WDW than the parents are doing something wrong. When we do Disney, the kids and us adults are falling asleep on the bus on the way back to the room.

Tony's looked really good. I would love that heaping plate of spaghetti and meatballs right now!

Me(31) DH(33) DS(11) DD(7) DS(4)

AKV - Jan 2011
BLT - June 2010
BCV - May 2009
BCV - May 2003
msce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #257
Mich123
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I ordered the Island Sunset which has orange, pineapple, peach, guava juices with Parrot's Bay, Capt Morgans and a few other boozy things and it was heaven! We sipped our way through round one and took round 2 to go back to the room!

Oh yeah...and booze, lots of booze!
Thanks for trying so many different drinks...you're definitely doing your part for the DIS droolers out here!
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Mich123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2009, 08:12 AM   #258
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Ok, so Tony's might be worth considering

Have a great day at Epcot, and have a Grand Marnier slushie for me (or 2 )

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:35 AM   #259
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

No flames here either... I'd be annoyed too... I would never let my kids behave like that either, vacation or not. I'm glad security quieted them down for you.

The drinks look great! I never got to try the French Toast loaf, I was hoping to on this trip, but oh well..... The cinnamon bun looked SO GOOD though! mmmm!

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #260
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

THE FRENCH TOAST LOAF HAS BEEN RETIRED, WE WILL NO LONGER OFFER IT

I just had it a month ago! I can't believe that!!

And fyi: Goofy's Candy Co in DTD should have the Gingerbread men.
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:02 AM   #261
dvc4life
Disney is my Happy Place

Tony's looks really good. We love pasta and that place would be right up our alley. Since it is MK, they don't serve wine right? That would have been perfect if they did. Yummo!

Sorry to hear about the kid problems. I have two girls and if they would have behaved like that I would have strung them up. There is no excuse for them to act like that. Everyone wants to have a good time but there are limits. I'm glad security got the situation handled for you and that things stay more peaceful from here on out.

Just wondering, while at the Poly, where do you go to watch the fireworks on the beach? And don't they have a water parade of some kind at night?

Thanks and enjoy your day at EPCOT!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:18 PM   #262
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I always love your reviews!

You are a girl after my own heart - at Sci-Fi and Beaches and Cream I ALWAYS order a diet vanilla coke!

And tell you DH we still go to the Stewart for root beer floats - they are the best!!!!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #263
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
Can't wait for your LeCellier. We have that booked for our trip too!! Great reviews!
Coming right up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiAngel View Post
The Wave looks REALLY good!
Oh man it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Way OT here - I'm excited, tomorrow we're having a DIS meet for New Orleans ladies that have been chatting on the DIS for years and have never met. We're planning on lots of good food and plenty of booze!
Have a fantastic time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DznyDreamz View Post
We had an incident with an oddball neighbor. After a loooong day on an adults only trip, DH and I awoke around 3am to the sound of a continual thumping against the wall of our room. Not that kind of a thump, but a steady bang, bang, bang. It went on and on and on. We were getting so aggravated because it woke us out of a deep sleep and wouldn't stop. DH went out on the patio to see if he could see what was making the noise or where it was coming from. He was NOT peeping, but looked upwards and at the BCV, some of the patios are very visible. The room was basically right next door with the lights all on, curtains wide open and a guy bouncing a ball against the wall of our room. Yep, you heard me. 3am, adult, bouncing a rubber ball against the wall of the adjoining room over and over and over and over. DH banged back on the wall and it stopped, instantly!
That is just tooooo weird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by java View Post
oh how I love a live report.

Thanks for the photos of the menus. And the drink photos. I like a little cocktail or two when I'm on vacation. Have a Grey Goose Slushie for me!
The cocktails are the best part!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaPolynesian View Post
Anyways I just wanted to post again to say that even though you are a Celtics fan (Cleveland girl here - my dog is even named after one of their players!!) I really appreciate the reviews!!
Originally born in Cleveland so I root for both ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by svalencia1 View Post
This looks heavenly! I will have to get one before my dinner at Kona when we go. I am looking forward to the rest of your dining reviews, especially Le Cellier. I am trying to decide between there and Yachtsman for my boyfriends birthday dinner.
It was fantastic! After tonights dinnner it is def LC over YM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
I am so, so sad that I will never get to try the French Toast Loaf
I am so sad I will never eat it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders Mum View Post
Glad you loved the Island Sunset, it is 100% my fave drink from Tambu. Loving your reports.
It was soooo wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsturtle View Post
great review of tony's. i wasn't even considering tony's or tutto bc as a girl from nj, i am very picky about eating italian south of here. glad to hear you guys enjoyed it!! looking forward to le cellier. hope you get to tangierine cafe today. i was secretly hoping you would go to san angel bc i am dying to know how their food is as we haven't eaten there in 10 years and i keep reading not so great reviews. haven fun!!!
I would def pick Tutto over it but Tonys was really pretty good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacktatty View Post
I'm finally all caught up! And now I'm starving I can't believe they took away the FTL - what a travesty!

The Wave looks so good, not to mention the cocktails!
Try and get to the Wave, you will love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMom View Post
Awesome reviews as usual! I can't wait for Le Cellier. After many trips to the world, I finally broke down and booked it for later this month!! YAY!!
LC coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Dinner looks yummy! I had one of those Island Sunsets at Kona last summer -- they are delicious!!!

Can't wait to hear all about Epcot!!! Mmmmm!
We have had really great luck with meals this trip, Epcot coming up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinemouse View Post
New here and loving it so far! Great reviews! Can't wait to read about Le Cellier! Hope Brendan or Patrick do their job well for you! Tom
I didnt see Brendan or Patrick, we were in an all girl server section ha ha
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #264
MinnieNurse
DIS Veteran

Oh no! I must fit the Wave into my plans. I dont know where-I dont want to change anything! I have to try it.
MinnieNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #265
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Thanks for trying so many different drinks...you're definitely doing your part for the DIS droolers out here!
Drinking is the best part of Epcot...and all TS places!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
Ok, so Tony's might be worth considering Have a great day at Epcot, and have a Grand Marnier slushie for me (or 2 )
Tony's is the best TS in MK for us from now on

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post
The drinks look great! I never got to try the French Toast loaf, I was hoping to on this trip, but oh well..... The cinnamon bun looked SO GOOD though! mmmm!
That cinnamon bun was awesome, so far the best we have had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I just had it a month ago! I can't believe that!! And fyi: Goofy's Candy Co in DTD should have the Gingerbread men.
We are going to check out Goofy's tomorrow, sadly it is our last day

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc4life View Post
Just wondering, while at the Poly, where do you go to watch the fireworks on the beach? And don't they have a water parade of some kind at night? Thanks and enjoy your day at EPCOT!
On the grass in front of the Hawaii building, perfect location and you could hear Wishes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I always love your reviews! You are a girl after my own heart - at Sci-Fi and Beaches and Cream I ALWAYS order a diet vanilla coke! And tell you DH we still go to the Stewart for root beer floats - they are the best!!!!
I wish we had a Stewarts around here, I have never been to one!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #266
MickeyNicki

Before I get started on the dining portion I have to tell you that we saw our second celebrity today...Kevin Federline and Shar Jackson...ok so they are total B listers but still I was excited!

It was 5pm at the Test Track, DH and I were in the car and they brought out K Fed and crew, his mom, dad, Shar and 3 other women on the unloading side of the car and they were placed 2 cars behind us. My camera was in the bag by my feet so I couldnt snap a pic.

When the ride was over we waited for them, they walked right out of TT and most of them lit up cigs. They headed to Mission Space (they had a CM with them and no body guards or anything). We followed them, I was able to snap a pic of their backs, Shar is the one in the black shirt with the black hair.

They were entering the rear of TT when K Fed turned around and I snapped this pic

And zoomed in a bit for this one

The CM at TT said that Britney and the boys and her dad and entourage were at Epcot yesterday! Man I keep missing her!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #267
MickeyNicki

Breakfast this morning was terrible, I wish we skipped it and just ate the fruit. We decided to go to Capt Cooks and then back to the room to chill out and head to Epcot later.

We each had the adult breakfast. DH said the bacon was very good, the sausage was very spicy. The bisuits seemed to have shrunk and they were hard and very greasy. The eggs, which are normally my favorite because they are moist and buttery were horrible...so dry and overcooked. The potatoes were disgusting....burnt!

We shared the fruit, it ws very good.

And of course, a cinnamon bun...DH had a hard time deciding on a cheese danish or bun but ultimately the bun won! It tasted sooo much better than it looked! Nice and moist and squishy and sweet!

Here is the menu, touch screen:

And pics of the bakery case:

After breakfast we went back to the room, slept a bit and just relaxed. For once we had peace and quiet in our room!
Old 03-07-2009, 08:47 PM   #268
MickeyNicki

Epcot was great, not busy at all, Soarin had a 40 minute wait but a very nice couple gave us their FP's, it is nice to be on the receiving end for a change as we always give ours away. TT was the busiest with a 70 minute standby but total walk on for single riders.

In keeping with the title of this thread we cancelled San Angel Inn and went to my favorite, Tangierine Cafe.

DH had his favorite, the "I dont have the heard to tell him his beloved meatballs are really lamb not beef" meatballs with yellow rice. The portion is very large and he loved it!

I had my norm, the falafel wrap with cous cous and lentil salad. The lentil salad was a bit bland, needed salt and pepper and the cous cous was very heavy on the cinnamon and raisins, not my fav. The falafel is different too, instead of one large patty with a nice crispy edge it is now three little golfballs that are very mushy. Still good but not great anymore.

Here are more pics I took while waiting in line.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:55 PM   #269
MickeyNicki

After lunch the booze train was a callin but I could not decide on what to get. I just love them all

I settled on the Peach Snap, a frozen peach schnapps oolong ice tea....so cold, refreshing and sweet!

Todd settled for a Fiesta Margarita...we have never had one before but there was a scazillion people walking around with them so the fever bit him. The bottom was the mango, then the green apple, then the lime and then the strawberry and you have a choice of a salt or sugar rim, he opted for sugar. He liked it but I thought it tasted like medicine....blech! How can booze taste blech???

At Germany I spotted the Gingerbread men...I was so happy...until I bit into it and it was hard and stale and really blech!

Todd had a piece of toffee, he said it was great...wish I got that instead!

Next up...dinner at Le Cellier!
Old 03-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #270
livinlife25
DIS Veteran

subscribing!

April 2014- Pop Century
Jan 2013- POR
Sep 2009- AKL
2 visits in 1990's- OKW
livinlife25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread