Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #391
MEK
DIS Veteran

Thank you for your wonderful TR. I am so sad to see it officially end. I love your summary. You really did get a lot done between sleeping late and the crowds. I hope you will be able to go back next August. It must seem like an eternity, but its really not. Plus, I hope you get to stay in a THV. They do look pretty cool and I am looking forward to staying in one someday.

Anywho....good luck with job hunting and I look forward to your PTR. Maybe you will be able to go during free dining in late Augst 2010!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #392
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

I'm officially bummed out that your TR is over. I really liked your final thought lists. There will always be "next time" lists, unless you could stay for like 2 weeks! Ahhh...wouldn't that be heavenly? The picture of your family is stunning. Everyone looks very relaxed and pretty/handsome. I'll be looking for that PTR!!
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #393
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thank you for your wonderful TR. I am so sad to see it officially end. I love your summary. You really did get a lot done between sleeping late and the crowds. I hope you will be able to go back next August. It must seem like an eternity, but its really not. Plus, I hope you get to stay in a THV. They do look pretty cool and I am looking forward to staying in one someday.

Anywho....good luck with job hunting and I look forward to your PTR. Maybe you will be able to go during free dining in late Augst 2010!
I'm sad too! I'm ok with waiting a year to go back actually, I just need a vacation of some sort in between now and then lol!

I didn't sleep late though! Nor did the e's One thing we will do next time is get up and go with those that are up and hook up later! Part of the reason we are targeting late August is exactly that, FD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
I'm officially bummed out that your TR is over. I really liked your final thought lists. There will always be "next time" lists, unless you could stay for like 2 weeks! Ahhh...wouldn't that be heavenly? The picture of your family is stunning. Everyone looks very relaxed and pretty/handsome. I'll be looking for that PTR!!
Thanks! 2 weeks would be great, you could hit Universal without feeling bad, Cape Canaveral (we did that last time but would do again!), Sea World and have lots of lazy resort time!

Ha. I'll be pushing it to get DH to 8 nights instead of 7
Old 08-13-2009, 05:47 PM   #394
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Oh man, it sucks that your trip report is over! I really enjoyed both your dining and trip reports!!

Great summations/wish lists!! That is what is so great about WDW. There will always be something else to do each time you visit!! I can't think of too many other places that can entertain entire families of multi generations as well as Disney does!!

Thank you so much for sharing your memories with us!!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 08-13-2009, 08:56 PM   #395
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I'm sad too! I'm ok with waiting a year to go back actually, I just need a vacation of some sort in between now and then lol!

I didn't sleep late though! Nor did the e's One thing we will do next time is get up and go with those that are up and hook up later! Part of the reason we are targeting late August is exactly that, FD!

Ha. I'll be pushing it to get DH to 8 nights instead of 7
I do think that everyone needs a real summer vacation. I'm sorry you didn't get one. I know I would hate summer to end if I didn't really get a chance to go away.

I know you and the e's were up early. It's just those pesky teens who sleep late. I hope FD does work out for the kids return to school dates. I know it would have worked for me this year, except for preseason soccer.

8 nights sounds good. I think 8 or 9 nights is best. I would have pushed for that, too but I knew we had to get LJ home.

Promise to read your dining report soon!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 08-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #396
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I do think that everyone needs a real summer vacation. I'm sorry you didn't get one. I know I would hate summer to end if I didn't really get a chance to go away.

I know you and the e's were up early. It's just those pesky teens who sleep late. I hope FD does work out for the kids return to school dates. I know it would have worked for me this year, except for preseason soccer.

8 nights sounds good. I think 8 or 9 nights is best. I would have pushed for that, too but I knew we had to get LJ home.

Promise to read your dining report soon!
We did 8 the first trip and it was perfect. This time was 7 but with the flight times, was really only 6 nights and 6 full days which just wasn't enough! If you can get a half day on each end then it works, but we didn't. Definitely deprived

It is our first summer of "not" having a real summer vacation. I can guarantee it won't happen again. I would have booked us a trip to Hawaii about 3 months ago and Dh was on the fence, the rates are amazing right now and I have family there that I REALLY want to see. We didn't, waiting on soccer, waiting on ODP, then only to be thwarted by someone else giving permission for Tink to be gone the one week that "worked". And then the wind was out of our sails, no week worked for all of us...yada yada yada.

Now, tonight, DH is now saying he wants to do Hawaii next summer. Which, we can do if we move WDW to thanksgiving (which would work for us but might mean I'd REALLY prefer to stay at WL!).

Then again, with FD, we "might" be able to swing both. Depends on my job situation. Of course this year I could get FD at thanksgiving (not that anything is left) but the kitty isn't full until April vacation wise lol. That'd be too soon for DH anyway.

So, who knows. He thinks the HI deals will be just as good next summer.

At any rate I can say this with assurance. Neither of us will let soccer keep us from a trip. If we all can't go then that is what will have to be. But, as a family and a couple, we need at least a week each summer, preferably 2!

All that said, we've had lovely short trips. One to Idaho with my sister, One to our cabin, One camping with friends. Upcoming soon is one to OR with FIL and his wife and then a girls only retreat. And they all have been truly fabulous. Just not relaxing. San Diego was relaxing but my, that seems like a million years ago (even though it was May).

I think, sadly, is what it really comes down to is that I am not cut out for staying at home FT with my kiddos in the summer. Combine that, without a full week away and....bleh. And if I'm bleh, then well, it rubs off on DH.

I was home FT last summer but we had a huge (2 week!) trip. Bottom line is it really reinforced that I need to go back to the corporate world. I needed a sabbatical, and I've had it.

Telecommuting and startups are great but...I'm too old, too set in my ways, too used to having a break. As are they.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:23 PM   #397
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

I'm very sad that your TR is over. I've enjoyed reading it so much!! Your final thoughts were great!!--and what a wonderful picture of your family. Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM   #398
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
I'm very sad that your TR is over. I've enjoyed reading it so much!! Your final thoughts were great!!--and what a wonderful picture of your family. Thanks for sharing!!!
thanks! I'm sad too. One can only stretch it out for so long....

You've got a new trip coming soon so hopefully I'll get to read another one of your trip reports soon so I can live vicariously!

Old 08-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #399
Sunset Cliffs
DIS Veteran

I just got caught up on your TR to find out that it is over. What a nice way to end it though! I love all of the summaries and reviews. It helps remind you of all that happened on the trip. I really hope that you will get to go on your trip to THV and I will be looking for your PTR!
Old 08-17-2009, 12:28 PM   #400
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunset Cliffs View Post
I just got caught up on your TR to find out that it is over. What a nice way to end it though! I love all of the summaries and reviews. It helps remind you of all that happened on the trip. I really hope that you will get to go on your trip to THV and I will be looking for your PTR!
I'm sad it's over too! But am looking forward to planning the next one. There will be one, it's a "when" not an "if"

Thanks for reading!!
Old 08-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #401
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Well, it's always sad to write those final thoughts, but so nice to dream of the next trip! I love the photos of the Treehouse Villas, they look intriguing!
Old 08-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #402
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Well, it's always sad to write those final thoughts, but so nice to dream of the next trip! I love the photos of the Treehouse Villas, they look intriguing!
I can't wait to see them live! DH and I were just talking about them last night with some friends, it will be such a fun trip to plan! Some surprisingly good traction on the job front this week so...we will see. I don't want to get my hopes up but....

Old 08-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #403
TarzansKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I can't wait to see them live! DH and I were just talking about them last night with some friends, it will be such a fun trip to plan! Some surprisingly good traction on the job front this week so...we will see. I don't want to get my hopes up but....

Ooooo, I will keep my fingers crossed on the job front!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #404
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

The job saga, an update

A job search update

Not that this is really part of the TR, though the search did take me away from my TR and has kept me from starting a new PTR, I do think it is linked! LOL!

I am having an encouraging week. I've been "looking" since late June but only looking "hard" for about a month. I made an industry change about 18 months ago and what I've been targeting is back in my old industry, not my new one.

Apparently I need to stick with the new one.

I've had 2 recruiters contact me, in my current industry, for things I hadn't applied to. One not even knowing I was looking. On the surface one sounds like an amazing opportunity, the other one probably just ok but very stable, which frankly, would be good (even though the work wouldn't be quite as interesting).

So...we will see. It is encouraging but odd and does tell me that regardless of the outcome of these 2 opps, I need to redo the darn resume yet again and target things in my current industry. Apparently there is more of a demand (or less supply) than in the more traditional channels.

I'd been avoiding that for a couple of reasons. One, I love the guys I work for/with and could continue to do it on a contract basis depending on where I went. That would not be the case if I stay in the industry and I do have concerns about my non-competes and all that rot. Two, if I do make a move to another agency then I'm cementing my career it seems in the ad agency world versus product and brand sales/marketing and I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm not sure I don't either. LOL! It's my own midlife crisis. I came to my current company specifically to get my feet wet and get more current on digital marketing technology but hadn't necessarily planned for it to be a permanent move.

But I do believe things happen for a reason and career wise most of the best things I've done have come to me so....going to keep an open mind.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM   #405
TarzansKat

Wow! Good for you! Not one but two possible opportunities, and they sought you out. Something to be proud of, my dear. Good luck with everything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: