Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #241
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
It's the little things.
Agreed.

Quote:
I feel so honored! I hope it lives up to my completely unrealistic expectations of it!
I really need to get a menu and find out what's in this drink. What have I agreed to?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #242
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

I'm late, but I'm in! So far, I've only read the first post, but already I'm loving it. I'll be catching up shortly.

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #243
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I really need to get a menu and find out what's in this drink. What have I agreed to?
You know

and this will break your heart

I am sure

truly devastate you.

I may not remember exactly what is in the drink but I do know this much.

it includes RUM.

Old 07-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #245
TarzansKat

Quote:
You know

and this will break your heart

I am sure

truly devastate you.

I may not remember exactly what is in the drink but I do know this much.

it includes RUM.

I just this second looked it up. No joke.

It's a mango daquiri with rum and wildberry flavors.

I don't know what I've agreed to, but it sure sounds interesting. And you know what? Not something I'd normally try, so I will try it, enjoy it, and toast you, my dear friend!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #246
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post

I just this second looked it up. No joke.

It's a mango daquiri with rum and wildberry flavors.

I don't know what I've agreed to, but it sure sounds interesting. And you know what? Not something I'd normally try, so I will try it, enjoy it, and toast you, my dear friend!
Me either but I do branch out on vacation....wildberry.....wonder what that tastes like! Thanks for living on the wild side for me
Old 07-13-2009, 06:16 PM   #247
TarzansKat

Quote:
Thanks for living on the wild side for me
Well, it is the Animal Kingdom.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #248
Happydog
DIS Veteran

SO sorry about the bus, bummer, but YAY on the Yak and Yeti counter service, we go there too! And the lo mein totally hit to spot this past trip in Nov, when it was somewhat dreary outside -- warm lunch hit the spot! This trip we got them again, because we remember liking them and again they were equally good Never tried the spring rolls, though, great tip! Looks like you enjoyed your lunch outside, I can't wait to see how the rest of the day goes!!!

These lemon cookie things sound very very good.... gonna share the recipie?

Twas the Night BEFORE Christmas 09?!PTR! Ho Ho Ho!Away we go!A WDW Christmas 09 TR! All aboard a WONDERful TR! Boo to YOU! Sept 09 TR
WDW 4th of July 09 PTR!I Want to Ride the Cotton Ball! July 4th 09 TR!Snow, Savannah, & NO School! Feb '10 TR Christmas fix MVMCP 2010 TR
One Family, One Year - a June '10 PTR The Ingredients for Pixie Dust - June '10 TR Disney-Landing Halloween - a Halloween '10 PTR/TR
Dream for two - Feb '11 TRSummer of Sea and Shore - June '11 PTR Strapping Turtles on our Feet! - June/July '11 TR
MY MAGICal Black Friday Thanksgiving Cruise - Nov '11 PTR/TR

Oct 2000 - Disney Magic 7 night cruise * Oct '03 - Contemporary * Oct '05 - WLV * Nov '08 - SSR * June/July '09 - OKW * Sept '09 - CBR * Dec '09 - BCV * Feb '10 - AKL * Feb '10 - Disney Wonder 3 night Cruise/Disney HH * June '10 - BLT/BCV * Oct '10 - Grand Californian * Dec '10 AKV - Kidani * February '11 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/BLT * June '11 - Disney Dream 5 night cruise/Disney's Vero Beach/Ft. Wilderness/AKL Jambo * Oct '11 - WLV/SSR * Nov '11 Disney Magic 7 night cruise * February '12 - Disney Dream 4 night cruise/AKL Jambo * June/July '12 - BCV/WLV * Nov '12 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * July '13 AKV - Jambo * Sept '13 - AOA * Oct '13 - F & W SSR * Jan '14 AKV - Kidani * June '14 - BLT * August '14 Aulani * Halloween '14 Disney Wonder 5 night cruise * January '15 Disney Fantasy 7 night cruise * April '15 Disneyland resort *
Old 07-13-2009, 09:54 PM   #249
Angies1274
DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed Yak and Yeti. Everything sounds so yummy!!! We will definitely have to give it a try!!!

Sorry about the bus. It is frustrating when you are watching bus after bus arrive but none of them is the bus you're waiting for.. We played that waiting game with a bus to DTD this year. We were sooooo happy when one finally showed up.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your day goes.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:57 PM   #250
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydog View Post
SO sorry about the bus, bummer, but YAY on the Yak and Yeti counter service, we go there too! And the lo mein totally hit to spot this past trip in Nov, when it was somewhat dreary outside -- warm lunch hit the spot! This trip we got them again, because we remember liking them and again they were equally good Never tried the spring rolls, though, great tip! Looks like you enjoyed your lunch outside, I can't wait to see how the rest of the day goes!!!

These lemon cookie things sound very very good.... gonna share the recipie?
Sure, I'd be happy to! I can PM it to you if you want. I'll try to scan it but it's probably easier to just write it out lol! It's a good arm workout! And it does make quite a lot. Supposedly 7 doz but I'm guessing it was closer to 6.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM   #251
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angies1274 View Post
Glad you enjoyed Yak and Yeti. Everything sounds so yummy!!! We will definitely have to give it a try!!!

Sorry about the bus. It is frustrating when you are watching bus after bus arrive but none of them is the bus you're waiting for.. We played that waiting game with a bus to DTD this year. We were sooooo happy when one finally showed up.

Can't wait to hear how the rest of your day goes.
We will definitely go back to Yak and Yeti local, I may never make it to Flame Tree BBQ! lol.

Thankfully it really was the only horrible bus wait. It's one thing when the bus doesn't exist, another thing when it doesn't come lol!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #252
SunnieRN
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh YES! pretty pretty please if you would! And take a picture! that would be fantabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to know, why stir versus knead? I used to be able to throw a pizza in the air to get the dough to spin out....that brings back some really fun memories!
That's pretty impressive, not easy to do. My daughter worked in a pizza parlour as a teenager. She dropped a few pizza doughs on the ground before she got the hang of it.

You know, on our trip the only really long bus wait we had was at the poly. We waited for about an hour for a DTD bus and at least two buses came for all other destinations while we waited. We also found out that the poly is a changing station of some kind and so there were about 8 buses that came through to change drivers. That made the wait seem even longer.

Looking forward to your AK day!

Thanks eandesmom!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #253
cjackearl
DIS Veteran

Eggs rolls for a snack credit? That's an awesome deal! 40 minutes for a bus to come? Not so awesome. Yak Attack? Since I'm not a fan of mango, not sounding so awesome to me. Guess we'll find out when TK tries it in your honor.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:24 PM   #254
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
That's pretty impressive, not easy to do. My daughter worked in a pizza parlour as a teenager. She dropped a few pizza doughs on the ground before she got the hang of it.

You know, on our trip the only really long bus wait we had was at the poly. We waited for about an hour for a DTD bus and at least two buses came for all other destinations while we waited. We also found out that the poly is a changing station of some kind and so there were about 8 buses that came through to change drivers. That made the wait seem even longer.

Looking forward to your AK day!
UGH! That would be even more frustrating I think, watching them change drivers!

Yes, in college I worked at a place where everything was hand tossed or rolled, in a window for the whole world to watch you do it. Performance Pizza! It was a blast. I did it for about a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackearl View Post
Eggs rolls for a snack credit? That's an awesome deal! 40 minutes for a bus to come? Not so awesome. Yak Attack? Since I'm not a fan of mango, not sounding so awesome to me. Guess we'll find out when TK tries it in your honor.
Definitely the best snack deal...it was a meal! And SOOOOOOOO good
Old 07-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #255
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Quote:

Yak and Yeti Local foods cafe!

Scrooge: Sweet and Sour Pork
Wall-E and myself: Shrimp Lo Mein
Tink: Honey Chicken
Steven: Mandarin Chicken Salad
Goofy went for the Pork Egg Roll Kids meal and got it with french fries (a scary combo if you ask me)
I'd so like to try this, but my kids are so darn picky!

Terrible about the long bus wait... I wonder if any of the drivers bothered to notify a supervisor?

I'm guessing you voted for Kali!! Time to get wet!

Kathy

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: