Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #1
nu2wdisneyw
Mouseketeer

"Now when can we go back??" - Aug/Sep 2009 TR

Alright so let begin this party!!
We are home…OBIVIOUSLY! If you followed me over from my PTR, I am so glad that you joined me!! If you are new to my TR, then let me start by saying welcome!! I am glad that you are here to join me and my family as we relive the memories of our trip.

So let’s start with the introductions:
Theres me of course, Stephanie…Tink is my favorite character!! I absolutely LOVE her!!

My DH…Jeff. Sometimes he acts like Grumpy…but his favorite would be the Mouse himself!

DS10…Not sure on his favorite character…he is going through that stage where he is trying to himself out as a young GROWING boy!

DS5…He LOVES Mickey too!! Wasn’t happy until he saw him. He also like Peter Pan and Goofy! Oh yeah, he may have a little bit of a crush on Minnie!!

So there you have our cast of characters…now lets get to the details of the trip:

Who: Well I just told you that
When: August 29 – September 5
Where: Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
How: Mommy made it happen.

Now that the particulars are out of the way….let get started with the trip.

So because we were we headed out on the 28th. Needless to say with all of the planning that I had already done, I still had a lot to do that day. Last minute shopping, packing and cleaning. I am such a procrastinator…I just think that I work better under pressure!! The original plan was to head out by 1 am, since mapquest timed it as a 13 ½ hr drive. Yeah even though we have a GPS, we still print of mapquest direction….crazy right! Well DH was very tired and he does all of the driving, so we decided to leave later, so that he could sleep a little more. So with the car packed and the house cleaned we headed out from VA around 5:15 am. Much later than anticipated…but I was okay with it because I knew that we had a funfilled week planned! I got the boys in the car, they were wondering where we were going. Instantly they thought we were going to Grandmas!! PERFECT!! Here are a couple of pictures of them getting settled in the car:

Now I do NO driving…my DH calls me spoiled!! But this is why I am in charge of making sure that everything is packed and in order before we leave. The drive wasn’t bad at all. I went to sleep of course…had hadn’t been to sleep since I woke up the previous morning…I was VERY tired. The boys went right to sleep. I woke up around 9 am and realized that Jeffery had just woke up too. I gave him a sandwich because he was hungry (we almost never stop on the road when we drive, I pack sandwiches, snacks and drinks all the time). After eating be got his PSP and kept himself entertained. I played on my BBerry…actually was able to read some threads on the DIS! Jahlil woke up when we stopped for gas around 9:45. Everyone got out, stretched their legs and went to the rest room…

The three of my boys:

And me waiting for them to come out of the restroom:

My little ones...still thinking we are going to grandmas:

Now the rest of the ride gets a little foggy…bear with me it was a long drive. I know that the boys played their games and DS5 watched a couple of movies. I dozed off and on and DH talked on his phone. DS10 started to ask a lot of questions…and I was dying to show them the surprise video…but I packed it in the back of the truck!?!? Here is the final video that I had for them to watch:

We stopped for gas a couple of more times…DS5 went back to sleep. Jeffery was reading EVERY road sign. Then is happened we saw a road sign that said Miami/Orlando. Then I heard this, “Are we going to Miami?” My response “Yes we are going to Miami..” I know a little white lie…it didn’t hurt! The last time we stopped for gas was right outside of Orlando. While the boys were in the rest room I set up the video for them. Here is a video of them watching it:

Not quite the response, I thought I would get. But for children that have never experienced the real Disney experience…they didn’t really know what to get excited for. Here are a few more pictures of the drive:

OMG we are ALMOST THERE!!!!

WE ARE HERE!!

We arrive at SSR at 5:23pm, GREAT timing. I already did online check-in…so check was a breeze. We got our welcome packet, our "Welcome Home" from the CM's that we met and off to our room we went. I requested Congress park…I like the section. But I would have liked it more if we were on the 4th floor and really could see DTD. Here is our room (you can see I started to unpack):

A Hidden Mickey:

My baby now showing some excitement...I love the innocence of this picture:

Looking at the stuff I made for them...courtesy of the DISign boards:

The view from our room...not so good picture:

This night we took it easy. DH and DS10 went to get something to eat. DH had to have Zaxbys…he loves their wings. We use to get it all the time when we lived in GA, but they don’t have them where we are. The fact that they had them in Orlando, that’s what we had to have so he would get it out of his system. We all took showers and baths and got ready for bed for our EARLY morning (so we thought) in AK the next day!!

Up next: Day 1…Animal Kingdom

Last edited by nu2wdisneyw; 09-12-2009 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #2
oregonmommyof2
DIS Veteran

I am here!!! Of course I won't be here for long since we leave Monday night!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

What a great start to a perfect vacation . subscribing to read every word.

Belinda
Old 09-12-2009, 08:21 AM   #4
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Loved your videos. Can't wait to hear about your trip. My DS16 and I were there some of the same days as you. We were there from Aug 28 to Sept 1. Oh and the pic of your boys holding hands coming out of the store is adorable.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #5
nu2wdisneyw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonmommyof2 View Post
I am here!!! Of course I won't be here for long since we leave Monday night!!!
OMG...your trip is finally here!! I am so excited and I will be patiently awaiting yours and Terry's TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accountingbabe08 View Post
What a great start to a perfect vacation . subscribing to read every word.

Belinda
Thanks Belinda! It will be more pictures than anything. I didn't take notes...especially being our first time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Loved your videos. Can't wait to hear about your trip. My DS16 and I were there some of the same days as you. We were there from Aug 28 to Sept 1. Oh and the pic of your boys holding hands coming out of the store is adorable.
...thanks for the compliment about the boys. Yes, they can act like they like each other sometimes!
Old 09-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Hi Stephanie!

I LOVED your video and the boys' reactions... I think you were right, Jahlil must've been in a bit of shock at first! Looks like you had great traveling weather, too.

Looking forward to AK day!

Kathy
Old 09-12-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

That's awesome! I think they were really surprised - it did seem like they were in shock. They had about the same reaction as my brother and sister did when we surprised them with a trip in 2006... they're about the same ages too. I think.. I just woke up, too tired to do math.

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #8
dizfam4
Mouseketeer

I love it!!! What an amazing surprise for your boys So cool Subscribing!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #9
wdwgirl03
I'm just a big Disney Freak! :-)
I will throw a party the day I get a tag!!!
I am pretty wimpy when it comes to thrill rides

GREAT start! I followed along a little bit on your PTR and saw you started your TR! Can't wait to hear more. Your boys are adorable.

I love that video you showed them! Very cute.
'91-Disney villas '93, '95, '97, '99, '01, '02-Polynesian '03-All Star Sports '05-All Star Movies; offsite- Universal/Disney Oct. '06, Dec. '07/Jan. '08-Saratoga Springs May '08-Animal Kingdom Lodge Dec. '08-Beach Club Villas Aug. '09-Villas @ the Wilderness Lodge April '10-Kidani Village Aug. '10-Saratoga Springs Mar. '11-Old Key West Oct. '11-Saratoga Springs April '12-Boardwalk Villas April '13-Bay Lake Tower Aug. '13-Pop Century Dec. '13-Saratoga Springs UPCOMING TRIP: April '14-Pop Century
*DVC member since 2006*

Disneyland- '04, '06

Check out my past TRs: Mar./April '11 Oct. '11 CURRENT TR: APRIL '13 TR APRIL '13 PTR facebook Twitter/Instagram:mugirl0307

Last edited by wdwgirl03; 09-12-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #10
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

I'm here! I have to go back and read!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:35 PM   #11
nu2wdisneyw
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
I LOVED your video and the boys' reactions... I think you were right, Jahlil must've been in a bit of shock at first! Looks like you had great traveling weather, too.

Looking forward to AK day!

Kathy
Hey Kathy! Yes the weather was great for traveling. The look on his face was priceless...almost like "wth, is going on??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroToHero View Post

That's awesome! I think they were really surprised - it did seem like they were in shock. They had about the same reaction as my brother and sister did when we surprised them with a trip in 2006... they're about the same ages too. I think.. I just woke up, too tired to do math.

Can't wait to hear more!!!!!
Hey Danica! I am bummed that we didn't get to meet!!! I am sure if we try to surprise them again next year, the reaction will be a little different!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizfam4 View Post
I love it!!! What an amazing surprise for your boys So cool Subscribing!!!!
I am glad that you joined in! I hope you enjoy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
GREAT start! I followed along a little bit on your PTR and saw you started your TR! Can't wait to hear more. Your boys are adorable.

I love that video you showed them! Very cute.
Welcome back!! Thank you on the compliments about the boys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
I'm here! I have to go back and read!
COLLEEN!!! Now how did I miss you this trip!! We have to do better next year!!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #12
Porturican
Mouseketeer

Hi Stephanie!
I started on your PTR after I saw you on ORMommy/Daddy's PTR. So I have just finished your PTR & am on to the TR.

We are going in about 6 days and we also got the SSR upgrade from ASMu. How was SSR? Did you decorate your window? I want to but I am nervous since it's a DVC do people decorate their windows? Also can you tell me where you got the DISigns from again? Was the name Natalie?
Sorry for the 20 ?'s but we just decided to do shirts for MNSSP (just added it on to our trip ) and I am anxious since we leave so soon! I actually packed most my stuff last night & my son's the other night. (this is so new for me I am usually do this all at the last minute) This is our 1st trip to WDW!! We usually go to DL every year. I was stressed & wasn't too excited for the trip then I convinced my sister to do MNSSP & whooohooo now I'm for our trip to start! We are not going to tell the boys about it. (it's my sister n nephew (12) & me n my son (14) going on the trip) My son's bday is Oct 29 so we luv halloween so i think he will like MNSSP

I know this is from your PTR but I thought I would post my Which Disney Mom R U? Result on here for ya since your PTR is over...
It said I am Tess Coleman from Freaky Friday:
You and your kids have so much in common, people often ask who is the parent and who is the child. You're always up for having fun, playing games and bonding over pizza, ice cream and a good movie. You are very proud of your kids, and want to make sure they enjoy being young. Their friends confide in you and you know more about what's going on at school (like who has a crush on whom), than any other parent. You might take a fashion cue from the teen magazines rather than the "grown up" ones, but your motto is: "I'm only as old as I feel."

Cant wait to read more and hopefully hear some tips for SSR.
Adrienne
Old 09-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #13
tinkerbell3747
DIS Veteran

I am here

Yeah the party started...it's so sweet the boys look like really excited before bed like it started to really sink in just before bed time....how awesome....

Can't wait for the next installment..
Old 09-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #14
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I went searching for a good TR to read and I definatly have found one! Your boys are adorable! They must have been in shock, lol :]
The video was so cute!
Can't wait for more updates!!

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Old 09-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
ZeroToHero
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porturican View Post
We are going in about 6 days and we also got the SSR upgrade from ASMu. How was SSR? Did you decorate your window? I want to but I am nervous since it's a DVC do people decorate their windows?
Hey, I figured I'd answer your question, since I just stayed there too...

(Hope that's okay Stephanie!)

SSR doesn't have windows by the doors, they have big windows in the bedroom and sliding glass doors that open onto your balcony, but no one can really see those unless they're on their balcony. And from that, you can't tell who's room is who's.

You could decorate your balcony if you wanted, but it'd just be for you.

I don't think people there decorate their windows or doors though. I don't think the doors are magnetic like cruise ships' either... although I didn't try.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: