Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2009, 04:51 PM   #1
puggymom
Mouseketeer
The Tag Fairy wants give hugs to my pugs!

Live from WDW.....it's puggymom

Welcome to my first live trip report.

I'm puggymom, gasp 43 years old, and loves Disney, pugs and the NY Jets. I am proud DVC owner and looking forward to another Disney adventure.

This current trip started very early Saturday morning. The alarm went off at 3:30am. Iím getting to old for these early morning flights. I think from now on Iíll take a late flight the night before, no worry of oversleeping either, but thatís next time letís stick to one trip at a time.

The flight down left on time and arrived early, yes I said early, which is one thing about the first flight out of Newark is they leave on time which results in an early arrival. I made my way down to the luggage and there was my bag, one of the first off. YEAH! I walked over to the garage and headed for the National Emerald aisle and hopped in my car for the week.

I was soon heading out of the North exit, yes I said North, I went to the other place first. I made Hard Rock Hotel my home for the first night.
In no time at all I was pulling up to HRH and pulled into the self parking. My luggage has the 4 spinner wheels so very easy to bring my own luggage inside, except when I rounded the corner I saw this

Ok Iíll just use the elevator, um, where is it. There is none, but then I saw this

So I called bell services and had them carry it up the stairs for me, I tipped the guy and headed into the lobby to check in.

My room was ready and it was only about 10:30. I handed the guy my Visa, you know my Disney Visa, he laughed and said CíMON! Sorry Disney pays me money to go vacation when I use that card.

Some lobby pics

[IMG]47b9d732b3127ccef84fe664b4b900000040O08AaNGbZw4btg e3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

I headed up to my room to settle in before heading to the parks.

reminds me of CR

Nice and clean, so far so good

First up was IOA. I decided to walk which was a good thing as it was raining and I donít think the water taxiís run in the rain, at least I didnít see any. With my lovely plastic poncho.

First up was Hulk., love this coaster. When I got off I realized how hungry I was getting. I decided to walk over to Mythos, a sit down restaurant in IOA. I was able t walk up and get a table with no wait, ahhhh. Remember when Disney was like that, heck I remember eating in an almost empty LeCellier at prime lunch hours recently as 2004. I so wish for those days, in this respect Universal wins hands down. I had a delicious grilled chicken sandwich and for $17 including tip, much better than anything at a counter service place.

With that I walked around a bit, and rode a few more rides, including Dueling Dragons (FIRE side), Jurassic Park, Spiderman and Hulk again.

After riding Jurassic Park and getting rather wet, the weight from the water made my shorts too big, I had to keep pulling them up. LOL!

I realized just how tired I was after getting up so early and decided to go grab a nap. When I got back to the room I could take my shorts off without unbuttoning or unzippering! I think I was asleep before I hit the pillow.

Next up the rest of day one
Old 09-13-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
puggymom
Mouseketeer

I slept for about an hour, freshened up and headed back to IOA, snapping a few pics of the hotel on the way out. The sun was now out too, so no more poncho.

I rode the other side or Dragons (ICE), Spiderman and Hulk one more time.

Some pics from IOA

I’m really looking forward to coming back in a few years and checking out the Harry Potter land, but will wait until the initial rush of the first couple of years.

The park closed at 6 so I headed over to City walk to get some dinner and stop at Margaritaville, Mom wanted me to shop for something for my oldest brother, but didn’t see what she wanted. I realized how hungry I was getting and had been craving whopper for some time at home. I decided to check out the BK whopper bar that they have at City walk. Little different from the BK’s you are used to, can design your own whopper. I just wanted the traditional kind. It hit the spot. I was starved.

I slowly made my way back to HRH and settled in for the night.

some HRH pics and pics of the walkway

[IMG]84e1e5c94b100000040O08AaNGbZw4btge3nw8/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

I work on day 2 later, gotta go get me some Disney Magic and I'm hungry, dinner time!

Just a quick shout out to my Jets who started the season with a WIN!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

I'm in!! I will put a link on the Focker thread for you!

I can't believe there was no elevator, that would have upset me greatly . I love that you used a Disney Visa, that was hilarious. The room looked nice .

I have never been to Universal, sounds like you had a good time. I agree with you about waiting until the initial rush has past for Harry Potter, I can't imagine how huge those crowds will be . Why did the park close so early?

I am loving the pictures. I miss WDW so much! I can't wait until I see your pictures from there!

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 09-13-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #4
Disneyland_Mama
His head instantly inflated!!!
I don't suck!!! I ROCK!!!
DIS juices are a flowin'!!

Hi Mo!

Hey, that "other place" looks kinda cool. I may have to check it out next year.

at using your Disney Visa! I can totally hear you giving him some Joisey 'tude!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #5
askelton
Disney Cosmo

HRH is so cool and now I want to go to Universal! Mitch gets in free with the military so we need to go soon. I'll give you a call so we can decide where to meet.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I'm here

Jim and jimmy LOVED Universal! I can't wait to go back so I can fo too!

I'm loving the live report!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
Sleeping*Beauty
Waiting For My Prince

I loved your last trip report and I can't wait to hear about this one~!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #8
puggymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsksomeday View Post
I'm in!! I will put a link on the Focker thread for you!

I am loving the pictures. I miss WDW so much! I can't wait until I see your pictures from there!
thank you and I will get to WDW shortly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland_Mama View Post
Hi Mo!

Hey, that "other place" looks kinda cool. I may have to check it out next year.

at using your Disney Visa! I can totally hear you giving him some Joisey 'tude!
who me 'tude?

Quote:
Originally Posted by askelton View Post
HRH is so cool and now I want to go to Universal! Mitch gets in free with the military so we need to go soon. I'll give you a call so we can decide where to meet.
Can't wait to see you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I'm here

Jim and jimmy LOVED Universal! I can't wait to go back so I can fo too!

I'm loving the live report!
MOre coming soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping*Beauty View Post
I loved your last trip report and I can't wait to hear about this one~!
Thank you and Welcome!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:44 PM   #9
puggymom
Mouseketeer

Sunday morning started around 5:30, which is sleeping late for me. I took my time getting ready and took advantage of having this baby in the room to make a cup of tea. I turned on the local news at 6 and the lead story was Disney's FL annoucement

Breakfast this morning was in the Kitchen, you have a choice of a la carte or buffet. I canít say no to a good breakfast buffet, other kinds yes, but I love breakfast buffets.

I arrived at 7 which is when they opened and had the place to myself which led to some great service and all the fresh hot food with no one to share or mess it up.

With tip it was about $20 but worth every penny. I stopped and got a newspaper (banner headline being Disney again) and another cup of tea and headed back to the room to pack up and get the bags to bell services.

A little after 8:30 I brought the bags down and walked over to US. I arrived about 8:45 and immediately went in the park and noticed the new ride Rip Ride Rockit was opened. I decided to give a try despite telling fellow Disíser Janet (jcc0621) that I wasnít going to . I put my bag in a locker (required to) and headed over to the line which was posted at 20 minutes (later in the day it was 150 minutes). From entering the line to getting off the ride was exactly 20 minutes. Now my thoughts on the new ride, um, yeah, not impressed. It was eh I love coasters and this is my least favorite at US. The initial lift (which is 90 degrees) isnít as impressive as it looks.

Glad I only spent 20 minutes on this and my curiosity is satisfied.

On to the Simpsons, which is new for me, was under construction last time.

Now this one is a winner. Absolutely love this one, great ride and great laughs! Rode this one a few times today.

I also rode Mummy a few times, Jaws, MIB . Went to the Horror Make up show, which was a favorite last time and caught the Blues Brothers, loved them, very high energy show.

I had lunch at Lombardís Landing and again just walked in and was immediately seated at a window seat. If you find yourself at US I highly recommend Lombardís. Have the calm chowder, it is probably the best Iíve had. Much better the Cape Mayís.

About 3 pm I had done everything I wanted to and then some and decided it was time to go home. Stopped at the Publix on Universal Blvd. It was practically empty, I was in and out in a few minutes with water and breakfast for the next week.

Next up, Arriving Home!
Old 09-13-2009, 08:58 PM   #10
puggymom
Mouseketeer

I arrived at BW a few minutes before 4 and thought what perfect timing check in is 4. I asked bell services to take my bag and the case of water and I took the other groceries and my tote bag. I had done on line check in and despite the fact on one was on line there was a family at the counter taking forever. So much for the time saver. Finally it was my turn and the room wasnít ready, 20 minutes. YEAH, if they 20 minutes it usually means 40. I asked for a manager who said let me see what I can do, about 10 minutes later I had my room (which since this is a live report no t too many details). Squeaky wheel got the oil. I did get a refurbed room and even one with a flat panel TV.

I decided to head over to MK to catch Wishes since it was at 8pm and it was already 6pm. For those that know me donít be shocked, but I took the bus, just didnít feel like driving and ferry/monorailing over to MK today.

After soaking in the atmosphere on MS, I grabbed a quick dinner at Caseyís. I walked over to favorite MK shop the Christmas one in Liberty Square. I love this store and you know what I donít think I have ever bought anything in here, definitely the one at DTD, but I doní t think this one. I do love looking around though.

It was just about time for the next HoP and I was curious about the changes they made. I have to say the new version really got to me emotionally. For those that have seen it, it was during the film part, choked right up.
As HoP ended it was now time for Wishes, walked over and found a perfect spot to the left of the Partners Statue. Yet again I found myself choked up. This is why I go to WDW a couple times a year and US every couple of years. Itís the emotional connection.

With that I grabbed some ice cream and slowly made my way out through the shops just looking for now.

As I got to the busses, BW was just leaving, but Y&BC was still there, well Y&BC is close enough for me, so I hopped on that and walked home from BC.

One thing I forgot from US was a little Irish shop where I got this to hang up at work

Sorry it didn't come out better but it says, I'm Irish what's your excuse.

Well that catches me up to the present.

I will update through out the week.

Night all!
Old 09-13-2009, 10:40 PM   #11
lazydoxy66
Live, love, and laugh!

Hi Mo!!

US sounded fun. That was nice being able to ride the rides more than once. HRH looks nice. I was thinking CR too when I saw your pictures.
Oh my! I think I will need some tissues for HoP. You aren't the only one to say that about it.

Old 09-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #12
PrincessV
She squished her baby on BTMRR!
Oh wait, it's not 1947, is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
Welcome to my first live trip report.
Woo hoo!!!
Quote:
Ok Iíll just use the elevator, um, where is it. There is none, but then I saw this

Okay, that's just INSANE! Works out nice for bell services, I bet.

Quote:
Oooo, it looks nice! It also looks big - how does it compare to a WDW room?

Quote:
Remember when Disney was like that, heck I remember eating in an almost empty LeCellier at prime lunch hours recently as 2004. I so wish for those days

Quote:
Have the calm chowder, it is probably the best Iíve had. Much better the Cape Mayís.
Don't you mean Campbell's?

Quote:
I did get a refurbed room and even one with a flat panel TV.

Um... it sure is PINK! I'm not so sure about this rehab.
Quote:
I walked over to favorite MK shop the Christmas one in Liberty Square. I love this store and you know what I donít think I have ever bought anything in here, definitely the one at DTD, but I doní t think this one. I do love looking around though.
I do exactly the same thing - I don't think I've ever bought anything in there, but I love going in!

This is great Mo! I just wish it included a note along the way saying "And then I met up with V!"

BUT... Thanksgiving's looking good-ish.

I run Disney!
Wine & Dine Half-Marathon, 2014 ~ WDW 10K, 2015 ~ WDW Half-Marathon, 2014, 2015 ~ Royal Family 5K, 2012, 2014, 2015 ~ Princess Half-Marathon, 2013, 2014, 2015 ~ Glass Slipper Challenge, 2014, 2015 ~ Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler, 2012, 2013, 2014 ~ Jingle Jungle 5K, 2012 ~ Expedition Everest Challenge, 2012
Old 09-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #13
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

I'm disappointed about HRRR. It looks so cool.

Jimmy's absolute favorite ride according to Jim was the Simpsons!

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
Old 09-14-2009, 02:26 PM   #14
puggymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazydoxy66 View Post
Hi Mo!!

US sounded fun. That was nice being able to ride the rides more than once. HRH looks nice. I was thinking CR too when I saw your pictures.
Oh my! I think I will need some tissues for HoP. You aren't the only one to say that about it.
That's one thing I love about US is the on site guests get Front of the LIne, you can get so much done without rushing even on a weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessV View Post

Oooo, it looks nice! It also looks big - how does it compare to a WDW room?
From what I remember (been awhile staying at DVC too much) it was very comparable to a WDW deluxe.

Quote:

Um... it sure is PINK! I'm not so sure about this rehab.
Not really, more salmony than the pic shows and the rest of the walls are yellow. The rooms are actually very nice. And the looong hallways look good now with the new wallpaper, paint and carpet.

Quote:
I do exactly the same thing - I don't think I've ever bought anything in there, but I love going in!
Too funny, but I do love walking through there

Quote:
This is great Mo! I just wish it included a note along the way saying "And then I met up with V!"

BUT... Thanksgiving's looking good-ish.
You can meet Murph! BTW we are at SSR, just sayin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc0621 View Post
I'm disappointed about HRRR. It looks so cool.

Jimmy's absolute favorite ride according to Jim was the Simpsons!
I was disappointed too, look like a good thrill ride, but nope!

Simpsons was great, being I have the matuarity of an 8 yo, plus the great ride made it an instant favorite!
Old 09-14-2009, 02:50 PM   #15
puggymom
Mouseketeer

COuple of pics from yesterday that I just uploaded

Really blurry pic of new Kouzzina sign

Today started at around 7 am, I couldn't believe I slept so late, I never do. Guess I was tired.

Breakfast in the room and then headed over to IG to go to Epcot for the day. When I arrived it was 8:55 and I fully expected to see the rope like normal at the top of the bridge right before heading to the UK. Not today, have they started dropping it earlier to even out with the guests from the main entrance???

Anyhow, straight to Soarin' grabbed a FP and then rode. SInce no LWTL currently, I headed over to the Seas, skipping the clamshells.

There was a last call for Crush, so I headed in snapping a pic of these guys as I walked past

I headed over to the manatees, I just love them, I think if they could talk they would sound like snuffleloveagus, or however you spell his name from Sesame Street.

Next went over watched the dolphins swim around, I could watch them for hours. I just wandered around for a bit after that

After this I walked over to Art of Disney to see if Jordan was working (she wasn't) and then a ride on SSE.

MY FP was soon to expire so back to the Land for one more ride over California.

I walked over to TT and it was down so I figure a ride MS and I would check back, MS Orange was 40 minutes ( I guess with TT down, everyone headed there). No way was I waiting 40 minutes.

I decided to wander around WS and just soak it in

I did ride Maelstrom, without a FP, and no wait. I realized I was starving after riding witht he Trolls, but didn't want to ruin my appetite for lunch. I ended up with smoothie from the Outpost, which was perfect on a hot day like today. WS was pretty empty, it was nice to just wander slowly around. In and out of the shops and just soaking it in. In Italy I did buy a ring and a necklace (will take pics later) and then wandered in and out of the shops in US, Japan, and Morocco.

I skipped France, don't know why, and walked through England

I had a lunch ADR at Yacht Club Galley and decided to slowly start walking over there.

It was nice and quiet in YC lobby, despite the conventioneers that were milling around. There is always something soothing about the YC lobby.

I had a yummy chicken with Vermont cheese and arugala sandwich and realized how tired I was , this weather just drains you. I walked back to BW, walking past the Swolphin. I uploaded my pics and fell asleep. I was going to hit the pool, but it was looking a bit cloudy, so I did this update instead. Pool is still a ? at this time.

Be back later...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: