Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #76
winkers
I was stuck in that position and ... It took 4 strapping young boys to hoist me back on my feet
Personally, I'm a popper! I love me some black heads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo View Post
but those of you that have more than "Twilight" sitting on their bookshelves,
I'm going to assume that you aren't knocking Twilight or the obsessed readers of said book. When it comes to mind numbing frivilessnss ( I know I just mutilated that word) it doesn't get any better. Plus, who doesn't love a vampire sneaking in the window at night just to gaze at you while you sleep?............ok, I'll stop there. Next thing ya know, you're going to be knocking Jane Austen too!!
Quote:
connected to the stereo. Then my brilliant son came home and after looking at me said, "Listening to the tv through the headphones, huh?"

"Nope, ears are cold, here's your sign."

that reminds me of D.Jay's grandpa......he watches tv with headphones on.

Quote:

They made Smidgy sound like the eternal optimist, which is not easily done when it comes to driving dangers.
if only all men would take direction so easily..........

Quote:

I think I'm going to leave it right here for now,,,you have no idea the scare I just had when the puter locked up posting that picture, so we'll pick right up at the Days Inn next time,,,,, and talk about someone named Tracy.
if you would only get a computer that isn't powered by foot pedals.........
Old 02-24-2009, 07:00 PM   #77
jcc0621
DIS Veteran

That ride sounds eerie

Ruh roh, is Tyry in trouble

SAVING TO GO TO DISNEYLAND
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #78
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

You have no idea the scare I had. Everything locked up when I posted the deer pic. I hit the cute little mountain scenery icon and that was it,,,,, for about 20 minutes! I was just about to either cream the computer of reboot, when it started up again. So, of course, I have to see if it's any better.
WHile I'm here, I would like to say hi to Longneck, haven't seen Emily since we met at French Quarter.
An a hello to Ashclan and Scrap4u, both of you sound familiar, I thin you have posted here before, if not from other trip reports.
A welcome to Philadisney as well, we all know her from her stardom role in "What not to Wear," on tv. Just wish I could remeber what city Kelly is from.
And then there's Tiggerwannabe. Only Colleen would take the time to go and look in past reports for that picture. Geesh! Well two can play a that game, if my puter let's me.
We first met at a Poly DIS meet, and not long after saying hello, I saw how she got when someone came to close to her Lapu Lapu,,,,,,,, good thing there is no audio here.

actually,she's a sweetheart, even if she does have a Lapu Lapu problem,
goodnight, nebo
Old 02-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #79
Underdog369
The Enabler and Instigator

Quote:
Hi Kathy, haven't seen you for a while, but I did just see that you have a highly successful report of your own, congrats. What is this, nurses day out??
Hey all, while we love each and every one of you, if anybody could get a hold of Disneydad99 or Lock or McDisney, a little testosterone would be appreciated. Cherie? Tell D-Jay I'll pay him to post and act like a friend. Um, that is his name, right? heh , toodles
Ok, so Cherie pestered me in to it. Actually, she was laughing so hard at your tr that I wanted to be in on the fun.

Did a little gadget with ears come flying at you offering 4 different tools to help you on your way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerwannabe View Post
Neebs doing his hair...

I think you missed a hair or two. Can't really tell cause your coif is so rich, full and alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
I'm watchin' you, buddy... always watchin'...
HEY!!!!! Isn't that Roz's line????

Alright, so here I am doing homework and Cherie says something about my testosterone. At first I thought she was making a crack at me. She then clarified. She was. I am here at your request Nebo. For all you other guys who are lurking out there, or watching over your wives shoulders, heed the advice of a saying on a shirt my wife gave me:

I do EVERYTHING the voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Great shirt 'cept someone else in my class was wearing one identical to it. I would say the same one, but then I wouldn't be wearing it, would I? Sorry Nebo, gotta ramble a little for an intro.

BTW if some of you don't know me, I'm flat winkers flip side. The side that has the stick on it.

Me DW DS DD DS DS and JY

We are a happy family.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:39 PM   #80
nebo
sharkbait
Uh oh, this conversation isn't going as planned
All of you are welcome to come along

Ok, I fixed it. Now all of you that already read the post, go back and see it how it's supposed to be.

Boy computers hate me!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #81
Philadisney
In the Name of Epcot
Sometimes when I shower, I have to stare at the drain just in case a spooky clown starts climbing up it
Carries the chicken in style

Oh my, I was holding my breath through half your post. Glad you made it ok through the ice storm! And Nebo I have to say my boyfrend was on Vicodin a few months ago when he threw out his back, and every time he took one I thought of you
Nov '09: SS Aug '08: WL/BC May '06: POFQ March '05: CSR July '04: POR/Wonder cruise Fall 2002: College Program at Vista Way! (EPCOT) Nov '93, July '00, Nov '06: DL offsite July '88, July '90, April '97, July '06, March '09: WDW offsite

Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 PM   #82
Backstage_Gal
Let me rephrase the dog stew remark
I broke more than I used

Location: On my couch with my laptop and a glass of wine in Florida

Did you say something, Neebs? I couldnt hear you with my headphones on...

Hey, I saw the deer picture, way to go You are getting downright tech savvy!

Quote:
WHile listening to the dour predictions, I did the only thing I could do under the circumstances, I put my fingers in my ears and ran around the coffee table singing "LA LA LA LA LA".
I can just picture you, LOL.

Great update!

So happy you are back.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #83
monymony3471
Finally got a chance to come back and crack this thing
Where did you find those set of ears?
My mamma Jamma is gonna hurt!

I read it.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:48 PM   #84
tiggerwannabe
Optimistic Realist~

Photographer Extraordinaire~

Disney is my Therapy~

Quote:
And then there's Tiggerwannabe. Only Colleen would take the time to go and look in past reports for that picture. Geesh! Well two can play a that game, if my puter let's me.
Actually...I checked the address of your photobucket and found it there

There's *no way* I woulda found it trying to figure out which trippie it was from

I can find pics in photobucket waaaaay easier~

...wanna see?

°O°The Key to Happiness is Self Delusion°O°

Old 02-25-2009, 02:40 AM   #85
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post

Dead Meat here ....WOW - I think I'd be honored that I was mentioned soooooo many times times if I wasn't about to be beaten with a stick
No, you have to say it right "steeek"
Old 02-25-2009, 05:59 AM   #86
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post

No, you have to say it right "steeek"

With a Jalapeno right?
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR*
Old 02-25-2009, 06:34 AM   #87
OhMari
WDW PreTrip and Trip Moderator

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

The problem is, if you leave during the week, you hit Atlanta always around rush hour, and my navigator just hates going through Atlanta which can have as many as nine lanes all going in the same directions at times. The problem is that almost all routes that go to Florida have to go through Atlanta. The only interstate alternative is to head east but even then it will add about 88 and a half miles to the regular route, and it goes right through the heart of the Smokies, not an enticing idea for a January road trip.

Then there is the other bone of contention between many learned Illini drivers heading southeast. Route 57 or route 65?

They both have plusses and minusses.
With 57 you go all the way down Illinois and avoid Indianoplace and Louisville, then you pick up 24 in Nashville. But the top speed limit is 65.
Route 65 takes you through Indiana which has a speed limit of 70 and goes right to rt. 24 also, but you have to go through the cities I mentioned. While 65 is no scenic route, it blows away the Illinois road.
If you go over an overpass on 57 they put up a sign and call it "scenic overlook", it's that boring. Plus, it's windy, your gas mileage will suck.

We took 57, I wanted to give the ice storm as much of a chance to clear up as it headed east, before WE headed east. I know there is a certain Rhonda that checks in here now and then that swears by 57, but she is A: a woman, and B: lives in Berwyn, so you have to take her opinion with a grain of salt.
You have to do better plannin, so you can wiz right through the gut of Atlanta.
Me and my dd drove from Jacksonville Fl to WI 2 days before the ice storm. We left Jacksonville at 3:30 p.m. and cleared Atlanta 7:00 p.m.
I was trying to tell my dh how important it was not to be caught in rush hour. When we sailed through, she wasn't even impressed or anything, she thought it was just another city we had to get through, geesh, such a grateful daughter.
We stayed somewhere north of Atlanta for $85 a nite at a Comfort Suite and that was naming my own price, I should of shot for $55.
The next morning we caught 24, then I65. I won't tell you how fast we made it home

Last edited by OhMari; 02-25-2009 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Edit: Nascar has nothing on Atlanta with 3 wide, ya gotta do the 5 wide at 80 mph.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:48 AM   #88
babynurse1
Atticus Finch Is My Hero
Anybody who knows me, knows that sharing a Diet Coke is a big dot deal

Well, excuuuuuuuuuuse us for inconveniencing your Disney trip with our ice storm. It's not like WE had to enudre any hardships like no power for 10 days, missing a week of school that we are forced to make up at the end of the year, and fist fights in the local "Wal Marts" over basic supplies like milk, bread, and the ever useful generator.

BRB. I think my ax needs sharpened. Hee hee.

Excellent beginning! Bravissimo.

btw, we have hit Atlanta at rush hour with screaming babies in the car. Good times, good times.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:55 AM   #89
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyRy View Post

With a Jalapeno right?
Right!
Old 02-25-2009, 07:07 AM   #90
whogirl'smom
Any leftover grumpiness can be taken care of by a little wine
Like a box of Cheez-its, I couldn't put it down

So, do you wish you'd gone through the Smokies now? We can always offer you and Diane a cocktail and good directions down on I-26....
You know my mom just got Widex hearing aids due to a "frequency" problem, too. Amazing what people have been saying on TV!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: