Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2009, 01:31 PM   #106
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Great update. Your pictures are really good. I can't believe you walked on all those rides with no waiting!
Isn't the Baby Care center great! I love their changing rooms and they do have nice quiet nursing rooms.
I wanted to comment on your previous installment that I forgot to say. That Cinderella you met was kind of scary

The lady in the gift shop was scary too

You and your Mom seem to be having so much fun!

Planning our next trip...
Old 02-25-2009, 03:11 PM   #107
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

I need to go back and read the latest update but how did you get your photopass pics on here?!?! I'm so confused
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-25-2009, 03:16 PM   #108
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossFamilyMom View Post
Love your trip report...it's my first time trying to subscribe so I can read the rest. Thanks for writing!
I am honored that your first post was on my TR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
I LOVE all the updates! I would love to see the bow up close! I had to go back and look after you said you made it. For some reason I have this desire to make a bow!

Sawyer was chunking on his lollipop! I have never been in the baby care center either but it sure seems nice. I didn't know it was there for the longest time.

Hmm, you can tell I didn't open word this time!

I love it when the room is all "decorated".
I think his lollipop broke before that picture. He hadn't been eating it too long, so I can't imagine he'd actually eaten all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Great update. Your pictures are really good. I can't believe you walked on all those rides with no waiting!
Isn't the Baby Care center great! I love their changing rooms and they do have nice quiet nursing rooms.
I wanted to comment on your previous installment that I forgot to say. That Cinderella you met was kind of scary

The lady in the gift shop was scary too

You and your Mom seem to be having so much fun!
I don't know what was wrong with the woman in the gift shop! She had no manners, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
I need to go back and read the latest update but how did you get your photopass pics on here?!?! I'm so confused
I'll PM you!

Old 02-25-2009, 03:19 PM   #109
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post

I don't usually put Tessa's name on things, but she was getting jealous that the Wish kids got their names on stuff, but she didn't!

We are the Dorky Disboutiquing Diser Sistas! We embrace our dorkiness!

UPDATE COMING UP IN JUST A FEW MINUTES!
oh yeah I forgot!!! Silly me!!! Hahahaha
LOVE the new update. Sounds like a WONDERFUL DAY at the MK!!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #110
HeatherSue

Thanks Beth!

Did I post that last one too soon? Should I space them out a little more?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:54 AM   #111
my*2*angels
DIS Veteran

First, your kids are little dolls!!!!! I LOVE the dumbo outfits!!!! All of this is jus making me want to go to DW sooooooo badly!!! I really have DisneyFever!!!!! You guys look like you are having so much fun!!!! I hope Tessa's bracelet gets fixed!!!! She looked soooo sad! And I must add that if you only had ONE meltdown, you were doing extremely well!!!

1. That Cinderella looked MEAN!!!
2. We finally met Ariel on our last trip and she was AWESOME!
3. Every Belle we have ever met has been fantastic!!!
4. How cool that Sawyer got a sword!!!!!
5. I really need to try out that Baby Care Center!
6. Maybe the lady REALLY needed a magnet!????
7. How great that you got a towel animal!! We have not gotten a towel animal, but I love the way they arrange everything!!! Last year we brought stuff from home, plus added to our collection. We got back one night and all of the animals were sitting in front of the TV with the remote watching cartoons!!! It was sooo cute!

Can't wait to read the rest!!!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:16 AM   #112
Stephres
Likes Disney and Scrapbooking
All my dolls were very cozy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_reile View Post
I Hate Delta. Everytime I have flown with them they have lost my luggage. Twice on one trip. After they lost it the 2nd time (on our way back) they guy at the airport shuttle told us what Delta means.

D- Don't
E- Expect
L- Luggage
T- To
A- Arrive

its funny cause its true!
LOL! Delta has lost our luggage once and our car seats once. Only time anything has been lost.

I am so far behind; I didn't know you started already, but I will try to remember a few things.

*Security was open at the airport at 5am? I am jealous!

*That is a long, cold walk out to the plane. It was the coldest I had been the whole time I was in Michigan!

*The kids loved the creepy hallway and were hopeful we would get to walk it on the way back home. We did, but there was no singing.

*The kids look so cute in their customs! And you and your mom too, of course.

*We love Crystal Palace and used to do it every time. I would experiment with different character meals and Tom would say, why can't we just eat at Crystal Palace?

*Loved Sawyer and the sword! I can just picture him so excited about it and then discovering the sheath comes off, lol! Such a cute kid.

*Tessa sounds like she sleeps like Megan. Now you know why I shoved her off on Tessa instead of sleeping with her. Your poor face!

I can't remember anything else, but at least I didn't copy Teresa's, like some people!
Old 02-26-2009, 10:56 AM   #113
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Another update - you are moving at lightning speed!

I am so glad that I don't have the only 5 year old that has pointless meltdowns and am happy for you that it was the only one on your trip!

The baby center does sound very nice - I have no idea where any of them are since my DD was potty-trained by the time of our first trip.

HM creeps me out a little bit too. Maybe we need a club for normally rational adults who get creeped out by HM but still ride it to save face.

I love how much Sawyer loved the Buzz ride and "shooting" Grandma.

Looking forward to the next update!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 02-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #114
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by my*2*angels View Post
First, your kids are little dolls!!!!! I LOVE the dumbo outfits!!!! All of this is jus making me want to go to DW sooooooo badly!!! I really have DisneyFever!!!!! You guys look like you are having so much fun!!!! I hope Tessa's bracelet gets fixed!!!! She looked soooo sad! And I must add that if you only had ONE meltdown, you were doing extremely well!!!

1. That Cinderella looked MEAN!!!
2. We finally met Ariel on our last trip and she was AWESOME!
3. Every Belle we have ever met has been fantastic!!!
4. How cool that Sawyer got a sword!!!!!
5. I really need to try out that Baby Care Center!
6. Maybe the lady REALLY needed a magnet!????
7. How great that you got a towel animal!! We have not gotten a towel animal, but I love the way they arrange everything!!! Last year we brought stuff from home, plus added to our collection. We got back one night and all of the animals were sitting in front of the TV with the remote watching cartoons!!! It was sooo cute!

Can't wait to read the rest!!!
You should go to Disneyland in October. There are some disboutiquers who are thinking about taking a trip out there!

She did look mean, didn't she? She seemed to be feeling ill. She looked like she was trying really hard, but not quite making it.

That must have been adorable to see the animals on the bed watching tv!! How Cute!! What did the kids think of it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephres View Post
LOL! Delta has lost our luggage once and our car seats once. Only time anything has been lost.

I am so far behind; I didn't know you started already, but I will try to remember a few things.

*Security was open at the airport at 5am? I am jealous!

*That is a long, cold walk out to the plane. It was the coldest I had been the whole time I was in Michigan!

*The kids loved the creepy hallway and were hopeful we would get to walk it on the way back home. We did, but there was no singing.

*The kids look so cute in their customs! And you and your mom too, of course.

*We love Crystal Palace and used to do it every time. I would experiment with different character meals and Tom would say, why can't we just eat at Crystal Palace?

*Loved Sawyer and the sword! I can just picture him so excited about it and then discovering the sheath comes off, lol! Such a cute kid.

*Tessa sounds like she sleeps like Megan. Now you know why I shoved her off on Tessa instead of sleeping with her. Your poor face!

I can't remember anything else, but at least I didn't copy Teresa's, like some people!
I would be SOOO mad if they lost my car seats! How would you get home without them? We always take Sawyer's on, but Tessa's isn't approved for airplane use (didn't know that until after I bought it).

I love your last comment! Poor Cathy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Another update - you are moving at lightning speed!

I am so glad that I don't have the only 5 year old that has pointless meltdowns and am happy for you that it was the only one on your trip!

The baby center does sound very nice - I have no idea where any of them are since my DD was potty-trained by the time of our first trip.

HM creeps me out a little bit too. Maybe we need a club for normally rational adults who get creeped out by HM but still ride it to save face.

I love how much Sawyer loved the Buzz ride and "shooting" Grandma.

Looking forward to the next update!
Somehow it's worse to have a 5 year old with a meltdown than a 2 year old- and much more embarassing! I was shocked that it was the only one on this trip! She really had a great time! We all did!

I'll join the "Normal Rational Adults Who Get Creeped Out By the Haunted Mansion Club"! NRAWGCOBHM Hmm...that's kind of long...

Old 02-26-2009, 11:15 AM   #115
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

The Peter Pan outfits really plus the Tink pic.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 02-26-2009, 11:22 AM   #116
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

I just now found this report and just started reading it. But I had to ask. Where did you get that material in the first post. I love that dark green with Buzz. My son would go balistic over that. Well my daughter too but she is all about ANYTHING that is Disney!!.
I would love to be able to make him a shirt out of that material.
Thank you in advance.

Now off to read more of your report.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #117
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
I just now found this report and just started reading it. But I had to ask. Where did you get that material in the first post. I love that dark green with Buzz. My son would go balistic over that. Well my daughter too but she is all about ANYTHING that is Disney!!.
I would love to be able to make him a shirt out of that material.
Thank you in advance.

Now off to read more of your report.
I bought it at JoAnn's last year. But, they didn't have it anymore the last time I checked. You might be able to find it on ebay. There's a fabric swap thread on the disboards you could post on, too. Here's the link:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2048402

Old 02-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #118
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
I bought it at JoAnn's last year. But, they didn't have it anymore the last time I checked. You might be able to find it on ebay. There's a fabric swap thread on the disboards you could post on, too. Here's the link:
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2048402
Thank you I will go check it out.

I just finished your report. What fun.
I actually spit out my tea when I saw the life Guard bundled up at the pool

I am so glad you didn't encounter too many rude CM's. I know that can ruin a trip.
Can't wait to read more.

The clothes you make are adorable. I have just started getting into it more. I just haven't had too much time. But I want to make more time.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:06 PM   #119
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myhappythought5 View Post
Thank you I will go check it out.

I just finished your report. What fun.
I actually spit out my tea when I saw the life Guard bundled up at the pool

I am so glad you didn't encounter too many rude CM's. I know that can ruin a trip.
Can't wait to read more.

The clothes you make are adorable. I have just started getting into it more. I just haven't had too much time. But I want to make more time.
I thought that lifeguard was hilarious, too! How was she going to jump in and save anyone with all those clothes on?

Did you read my last TR? That was full of rude CMs!!

Thanks about the clothes! Have you seen the disboutiquers thread? We love newcomers, so don't hesitate to post there if you haven't already!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....096062&page=48

Old 02-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #120
HeatherSue

Feb. 5, 2009

From the Orlando Sentinel:
"If this morning feels colder than it has all winter, you're right. The National Weather Service issued a wind-chill warning for the Orlando area until 8 a.m. today. Forecasters expected winds at 10 mph to make it feel as though it's 15 to 20 degrees outside."

Sounds like a great day for Animal Kingdom!

We got up bright and early because we wanted to make it to rope drop at Animal Kingdom. I hopped in the shower and I heard my mom say "Oh no, Heather, there is green ink running all over the window!" As I was indisposed, I didn't know what she was talking about until I got dressed and came out.

This is what had become of my window clings:

They were turned into a pile of lime green mush and had gotten ink all over the window. Luckily, the window came clean really easily. But, I was upset that I'd wasted $10 and a lot of time on those stupid things! Apparently, when it's cold out, there is so much condensation on the window that it makes the ink run. Lesson learned!

As we were cleaning up the window mess, the kids got ahold of my camera and took some lover-ly photos.

At least this one's cute! This was taken by Tessa.

Then, my mom got ahold of the camera and tried taking a picture. We got this adorable video of Sawyer instead.

We got the kids ready, all dressed up in their Chip and Dale outfits. I knew we wouldn't be seeing much of the outfits, due to the weather forecast, so I got a picture of them before we left. Sawyer's shirt has Chip appliqued on the back and Tessa's shirt has Clarice (their girlfriend) on it. The lighter fabric has little Chip/Dales all over it.

When we headed out the door in the morning to get on the bus, it was a balmy 30 degrees with winds of 6.9mph. Feels like home! Let me explain: several times throughout the day, I heard people say "Well, it's better than home!" NO, it's NOT better than home! If it's 30 degrees out at home, I stay inside! I don't go galavanting all over the place and stay outside all day in frigid weather! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! It was SOOOOO COLD!!!!!!!!

We got onto a nearly empty bus and called daddy again on the way to the parks. Notice what Sawyer is holding?

Tessa was very excited to see the talking palm tree. She remembered it from the trip we took when she was 3 years old! But, the palm tree was nowhere in site. We got there about 20 minutes before the park opened, so we had to wait in line at the turnstiles for a while. There weren't even any characters out yet. We did a lot of jumping up and down to stay warm.

Finally the bundled up CMs ventured out to take our ticket and they let us in to watch the opening show.

The show is just okay. Actually, it's a little bit stupid, especially if it's 33 degrees with winds of 10 mph (I found a cool site that shows what the temp and wind speed was at different times on any day in Orlando).

Once they let us in, I followed mom over to Expedition Everest. She knows this park much better than I do, so I told her she was in charge for the day. She knew a shortcut to get over there. She was right because we were early enough to get in the first car of the day! Sawyer and I stayed in the gift shop where it was warm while mom and Tessa rode on the first coaster of the day.

Sawyer wasn't very happy that he didn't get to ride. He figured since he rode the Barnstormer that he could go on all of the roller coasters! But, we passed the time looking at the pins and such. Did you know that the pins at Disney start at $7, for the really plain ones??? I'm glad I stocked up when they were on clearance at disneyshopping.com!

I had my camera ready, hoping to catch Tessa's exhuberance when she got off the coaster. But, she stopped inside to get a certificate for being on the first coaster of the day!

She was very pleased about that. She said she loved the ride!

We were doing the child swap, so I took Tessa back on with me. She was excited at first. But, once we actually got ON the roller coaster, she started to psych herself out.

She clung to me for the whole ride. She was really scared and mad at me for "making" her go on it again! Huh???

BRRRRRRRR!!!!! It was SOOOOOO cold up there!!!!!!

Yikes, is this ride up high!

This part actually scares me! I always think "What if....."

I don't find this part, or any part with the yeti to be very scary. But, poor Tessa did!

Let's just say that Tessa didn't have an enjoyable time on this ride, with mommy. I'm not sure why riding with Grandma was great, but riding with me was scary!

When we got off the ride, the CM working at the photo area said that in the 5 years she had lived in Orlando, this was the coldest day she had ever seen. Aren't we lucky to have shared it with her? Of course, someone chimed in with "It's better than at home." grrr....

Here's my redneck shot. You can see me because I have the bright pink hoodie on and a 5 year old with a death clutch on my arm.

We wanted to catch the first Lion King show of the day because we thought it'd be warm in there. But, on the way, we saw Pocahontas. Pocahontas was looking rather chilly. She had on a couple of layers under her outfit. Who could blame her. Doesn't she look like she's ready to punch Tessa in this picture?

Next, we saw Lilo and Stitch. Tessa had really wanted to meet Lilo on our last trip, but she never got to. So, this time I let her get in line.

I was so glad I did! We used to watch the Lilo and Stich show on the Disney channel EVERY morning! She still loves Lilo and Stitch. So does Sawyer. While Tessa was hugging Lilo, Stitch was kicking the ground and pouting. So, Tessa had to hug him, too.

NEXT

Last edited by HeatherSue; 02-27-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: