Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 AM   #76
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Nikki has those same ears!
So sad about the bracelet! Did you get it fixed?

You are lucky you had no wait for Dumbo. When we where there last we had no wait for anything EXCEPT Dumbo! We had to do it because my niece and nephew had to ride it but the wait was so long my nephew didn't make it. He was handed off to grandma.

Those green discs/ cards I believe are markers/ counters of some kind. My girlfriend who went with us in Nov got a counter and was supposed to hand it to the CM when she got to a certain spot well with 5 kids with us she forgot So when we finally made our way back to the ride again a few hours later she handed it back. Then what happens? we walk on the next ride and she is handed another one So we joked that she may have not been the best choice to be a counter! This time we all made sure she handed it to the proper person!

Oh and I love your cookie jars! I have a few too I love them!

Glad you liked CP! George took al the boys there last trip while me and my girlfriend too Nikki ti CRT. Unfortunately George didn't take ANY pictures! He left the camera back at the hotel and I had mine at CRT! UGH! Oh well maybe we need to do it again.

Old 02-24-2009, 06:27 AM   #77
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Nikki has those same ears!
So sad about the bracelet! Did you get it fixed?

You are lucky you had no wait for Dumbo. When we where there last we had no wait for anything EXCEPT Dumbo! We had to do it because my niece and nephew had to ride it but the wait was so long my nephew didn't make it. He was handed off to grandma.

Those green discs/ cards I believe are markers/ counters of some kind. My girlfriend who went with us in Nov got a counter and was supposed to hand it to the CM when she got to a certain spot well with 5 kids with us she forgot So when we finally made our way back to the ride again a few hours later she handed it back. Then what happens? we walk on the next ride and she is handed another one So we joked that she may have not been the best choice to be a counter! This time we all made sure she handed it to the proper person!

Oh and I love your cookie jars! I have a few too I love them!

Glad you liked CP! George took al the boys there last trip while me and my girlfriend too Nikki ti CRT. Unfortunately George didn't take ANY pictures! He left the camera back at the hotel and I had mine at CRT! UGH! Oh well maybe we need to do it again.
I haven't told Jeanna about the bracelet yet. But, she told me when she sent it to send it back if Tessa breaks it. She's such a sweetheart!

The tags you get on Dumbo are different from the ones they hand you to gauge how long the wait is. Everybody got one. Jessica said it's too make sure you don't take up 3 cars if you say you're all sitting in one.

You do need to go to Crystal Palace! It was great!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2009, 06:51 AM   #78
snubie
DIS Veteran

Great TR so far. Wonderful job on all the customs.
Amazing cookie jar collection.

Hugs to Tessa about the broken bracelet. Here's hoping Jeanne can fix it.
April 1985 Poly,May 2004 POFQ,Sept 2007 ASMU,Jan 2008 ASMU,May 2009 CBR,Jan 2011 POP - disboutiquers meet, Jan 2013 POR
Old 02-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #79
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherSue View Post
I haven't told Jeanna about the bracelet yet. But, she told me when she sent it to send it back if Tessa breaks it. She's such a sweetheart!

The tags you get on Dumbo are different from the ones they hand you to gauge how long the wait is. Everybody got one. Jessica said it's too make sure you don't take up 3 cars if you say you're all sitting in one.

You do need to go to Crystal Palace! It was great!
I know they where different. Hum we where told it was some kind of counter! I guess each cm has a different use for them or maybe at different times theya re used for different things? Who knows!

Maybe in Nov we will try CP!

Old 02-24-2009, 07:16 AM   #80
The Moonk's Mom
DIS Veteran

Okay...I was sure I had posted....hmmm...why haven't I....

so here we go...

First I want to state that I am so upset that Henry did not go on this vacation...I will miss all of his rear shots. (and just so youu know...no the horse's butts do not equal! )

Second...I also LOVE your cookie jars...why do you have the IASW one...you hate that ride and then you dissed my favorite ride to the survey taker!

LOVE all the pics of you guys!

Love the idea of the daughter and mother in the beginning...I hope that is me someday...I'm sure one of my kids will hold me up...maybe...I hope!

Wow, you know how to get on some rides quick! I have to figure out how to motivate my family better this next trip.

I too would fall asleep in the country bear thing...it drives me batty!!!!!

I want to try CP...I LOVE Pooh...Katie's first room was all Pooh!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #81
Girldreamer02
DIS Veteran

Did Tessa ever get her bracelet fixed? That had to of been so upsetting to her We've never rode Dumbo...probably for the same reason as you...also that we don't have children so we don't really see a reason to go on it. We do however ride Peter Pan and Winnie the pooh! I love those rides! I hate waiting for them though...why do the shortest rides always have the longest wait times? They are continuous...you would think they'd be shorter. We love CP!!! We love us some winnie the pooh too! He is my fave! I'm glad you guys had a good time there. Maybe next time you'll put them in outfits if you go to CP? Heheh. I can't wait to hear more!

*ASM Aug '10 & BLT DEC '10*AKL & Disney Magic Jan '09 Became DVC Members @ BLT*Disney Wonder July '08*
*AKL Dec 22-30 '07*Engaged at CRT Dec 16 '06*CSR Dec 15-22 '06*
Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 AM   #82
jham
DIS Veteran

First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dumbo outfits! So cute! Secondly and completely off-topic, Lily and I were just on our way home from dropping the kids off at school and she said "mommy, which house is Tessa's?" I told her it was very far away and she said "past the mountains?" Thirdly, OF COURSE I will fix Tessa's bracelet! (and any others that may be broken ) Luke was actually thrilled that she cared so much. Poor sad Tessa, tears at Disneyworld!

Hey, we brought instant oatmeal! But we brought the kind that was already in it's own container. We heated up water in the coffee pot.

I'm sorry it was so chilly for much of your vacation! You should've gone a week later

We love pin trading!

We didn't make it on Dumbo this trip Sawyer is SO CUTE with his sword! What a wonderful magic moment!

I love the carousel pictures! My girls got on it and were...wait, I should save SOMETHING for my TR.

At one point I spent 20 minutes (in line for teacups) trying to get a decent picture of Luke. I gave up when he fell off a curb and skinned his knee.

When you took a survey, didn't they give you the "I took a survey" sticker so you wouldn't get bugged to take any more surveys?

Your kids were loving Pooh because he is a big fat furry cute bear!!! Hey, I tried the ratatatouille too! My kids argued with me that Remy did NOT make it You told me about that rare meat so when I went I asked for well done and they stuck my piece on a little rack over the fire until it was nice and cooked!

Me (Jeanne) DH DD15 DS13 DS10 DD7 Buddy
Old 02-24-2009, 09:34 AM   #83
jham
DIS Veteran

I just read that they are making an awesome Little Mermaid ride at California Adventures! Of course it won't be done for years...

Me (Jeanne) DH DD15 DS13 DS10 DD7 Buddy
Old 02-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #84
Tnkrbelle565
DIS Veteran

All caught up. Glad your liked CP. We loved it there. Looks like you had a fab morning in Fantasyland.

What is this nonsense about getting rid of Snow White???? Walt's ashes are turning over his his urn
Old 02-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #85
Dreamer & Wisher
DIS Veteran

Great Update!
Sounds like a yummy breakfast.

Your Mom looks like a very cheerful and sweet lady. She looks at Tessa and Sawyer with a lot of love in her eyes.

Glad to hear that the bracelet would be fixed. I would have cried too.

I like your pins (you can see a couple in the IASW pictures)

It is really cool that you got to ride Dumbo first. You guys must have really been walking fast! The plastic tags are counters like Jessica said. I think Feathers would be really neat! Even pictures of feathers that were laminated would be neater than those plastic things.

Where is the circus wagon? I haven't ever noticed it?

Crystal Palace Lunch is yummy. We haven't been there in a while but I love the salmon they serve!

That was nice that they gave Sawyer a sword on Peter Pan!! Very cool.

We just came home from our 11th trip, a week at Pop Century!
Old 02-24-2009, 01:31 PM   #86
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Holy Moley! I was expecting the pacing of your other TR so I haven't clicked on this TR for a few days and found out you are posting at record speed and I missed all sorts of updates.

Just a few things. . .

I love the IASW cookie jar though I am surprised you have one.

I agree your mom is adorable and seems to be a wonderful grandma!

I loved the mom and daughter story too.

We have also discovered that you can really buzz through the Fantasyland attractions and meet Ariel with no wait if you go early. Just don't share our secret with too many people.

What is up with that Cinderella? We have always had good luck with Cinderella. My DD was kissed by Ariel on her first trip and was beyond thrilled. I am glad to hear Sawyer enjoyed his kiss from Belle.

Sawyer does look so grown up! So does Tessa looking at the flashback photos you posted (which I love).

Now I know. . .I better click on your TR every day so I don't get left behind!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC
Old 02-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #87
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
Holy Moley! I was expecting the pacing of your other TR so I haven't clicked on this TR for a few days and found out you are posting at record speed and I missed all sorts of updates.

Just a few things. . .

I love the IASW cookie jar though I am surprised you have one.

I agree your mom is adorable and seems to be a wonderful grandma!

I loved the mom and daughter story too.

We have also discovered that you can really buzz through the Fantasyland attractions and meet Ariel with no wait if you go early. Just don't share our secret with too many people.

What is up with that Cinderella? We have always had good luck with Cinderella. My DD was kissed by Ariel on her first trip and was beyond thrilled. I am glad to hear Sawyer enjoyed his kiss from Belle.

Sawyer does look so grown up! So does Tessa looking at the flashback photos you posted (which I love).

Now I know. . .I better click on your TR every day so I don't get left behind!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I intend to move at lightning speed with this one! This has nothing to do with the fact that I didn't take any notes and I'm afraid I'll forget stuff if I don't move fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snubie View Post
Great TR so far. Wonderful job on all the customs.
Amazing cookie jar collection.

Hugs to Tessa about the broken bracelet. Here's hoping Jeanne can fix it.
She said she can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Moonk's Mom View Post
Okay...I was sure I had posted....hmmm...why haven't I....

so here we go...

First I want to state that I am so upset that Henry did not go on this vacation...I will miss all of his rear shots. (and just so youu know...no the horse's butts do not equal! )

Second...I also LOVE your cookie jars...why do you have the IASW one...you hate that ride and then you dissed my favorite ride to the survey taker!

LOVE all the pics of you guys!

Love the idea of the daughter and mother in the beginning...I hope that is me someday...I'm sure one of my kids will hold me up...maybe...I hope!

Wow, you know how to get on some rides quick! I have to figure out how to motivate my family better this next trip.

I too would fall asleep in the country bear thing...it drives me batty!!!!!

I want to try CP...I LOVE Pooh...Katie's first room was all Pooh!
Awww...it's good to know the Henry fanny club is still going strong! Hey, that reminds me! Where's Karen??

My mom's favorite ride is It's a Small World, so that's why I have the cookie jar. Plus, it's super cute!

Sorry, I just don't like Snow White very much! The Little Mermaid would be much cooler!

Get there at rope drop next time, even if you have to drag the kids out of bed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
Did Tessa ever get her bracelet fixed? That had to of been so upsetting to her We've never rode Dumbo...probably for the same reason as you...also that we don't have children so we don't really see a reason to go on it. We do however ride Peter Pan and Winnie the pooh! I love those rides! I hate waiting for them though...why do the shortest rides always have the longest wait times? They are continuous...you would think they'd be shorter. We love CP!!! We love us some winnie the pooh too! He is my fave! I'm glad you guys had a good time there. Maybe next time you'll put them in outfits if you go to CP? Heheh. I can't wait to hear more!
Yeah, maybe I should do some Pooh outfits for the kids next time. But, by then Sawyer might protest against it, depending on how old he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
First of all, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Dumbo outfits! So cute! Secondly and completely off-topic, Lily and I were just on our way home from dropping the kids off at school and she said "mommy, which house is Tessa's?" I told her it was very far away and she said "past the mountains?" Thirdly, OF COURSE I will fix Tessa's bracelet! (and any others that may be broken ) Luke was actually thrilled that she cared so much. Poor sad Tessa, tears at Disneyworld!

Hey, we brought instant oatmeal! But we brought the kind that was already in it's own container. We heated up water in the coffee pot.

I'm sorry it was so chilly for much of your vacation! You should've gone a week later

We love pin trading!

We didn't make it on Dumbo this trip Sawyer is SO CUTE with his sword! What a wonderful magic moment!

I love the carousel pictures! My girls got on it and were...wait, I should save SOMETHING for my TR.

At one point I spent 20 minutes (in line for teacups) trying to get a decent picture of Luke. I gave up when he fell off a curb and skinned his knee.

When you took a survey, didn't they give you the "I took a survey" sticker so you wouldn't get bugged to take any more surveys?

Your kids were loving Pooh because he is a big fat furry cute bear!!! Hey, I tried the ratatatouille too! My kids argued with me that Remy did NOT make it You told me about that rare meat so when I went I asked for well done and they stuck my piece on a little rack over the fire until it was nice and cooked!
I love that Lily! Did you tell her that Tessa does live past the mountains?

I'm glad Tessa's pain brought Luke so much joy! That bracelet in particular really means a lot to her!

There aren't any coffee pots at Pop Century. When we've stayed at other hotels, we've done the same thing by heating up water that way! Great minds think alike!

I really wish we would have gone a week later!

No, I didn't get an "I took a survey sticker". I'm crushed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
I just read that they are making an awesome Little Mermaid ride at California Adventures! Of course it won't be done for years...
OOOHHHHH!!!!!!! I am SO there!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnkrbelle565 View Post
All caught up. Glad your liked CP. We loved it there. Looks like you had a fab morning in Fantasyland.

What is this nonsense about getting rid of Snow White???? Walt's ashes are turning over his his urn
I'm sorry! I had no idea anyone really liked that ride! I hope they don't close it down now because of me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer & Wisher View Post
Great Update!
Sounds like a yummy breakfast.

Your Mom looks like a very cheerful and sweet lady. She looks at Tessa and Sawyer with a lot of love in her eyes.

Glad to hear that the bracelet would be fixed. I would have cried too.

I like your pins (you can see a couple in the IASW pictures)

It is really cool that you got to ride Dumbo first. You guys must have really been walking fast! The plastic tags are counters like Jessica said. I think Feathers would be really neat! Even pictures of feathers that were laminated would be neater than those plastic things.

Where is the circus wagon? I haven't ever noticed it?

Crystal Palace Lunch is yummy. We haven't been there in a while but I love the salmon they serve!

That was nice that they gave Sawyer a sword on Peter Pan!! Very cool.
The circus wagon is right next to Dumbo. I think there's a DVC station right next to it.

I tried the salmon at CP. I really don't like seafood, but I try it every once in a while, just to be sure I don't like it. Nope, still don't like seafood!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #88
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

What a great update. Poor Tessa and the bracelet. Crystal Palace looks so yummy. The pics with your mom and Tessa were so cute. To bad it was so cold. You ae making me very excited for my trip in 81 days!!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #89
DisneySherpa
Measuring life by Disney vacations... and proud of it...

Long time lurker of this and your last trip report

I've been hooked ever since the "sawyer vs. prince charming" moment of your last report

Great report so far... can't wait to read more...
A member of a traditionally obsessed people of Disney descent vacationing on the southern side of the United States in Disney Parks and Resorts. In modern times Disneysherpas have achieved world renown as expert guides on Walt Disney World expeditions.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:26 PM   #90
MouseTriper
DIS Veteran

Oh Heather...I am loving your TR. I am finally all caught up. The kids looked ADORABLE in their Dumbo outfits. I so want some of those for my kids. They are so stinkin' cute!!!

The next time I get to go to WDW (which WILL be this year sometime, I hope) I must take the kids to Tom Sawyer's Island.

That is so neat that the CM just handed Sawyer that sword on Peter Pan. My DD would have flipped for one too...Peter Pan has been her favorite since she was about two.

Love Tessa's new ears....so cute!!!

Now I hope you are up late working on the next installment of your lovely TR..if not, hurry up will ya!!

Ohhh and I have to say that you are right, your Mom is just adorable too!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: