Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2009, 08:36 PM   #46
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Our room wasn't bad at Pop at all, pretty quiet. Lin said he heard the baby next door crying one time around midnight but he was awake playing his game and it didn't wake me up, so cry away!

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 02-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #47
my*2*angels
DIS Veteran

Heather, you are so funny! I am loving your TR so far! Can't wait to read the rest! I was laughing so hard when you were talking about sleeping with Tessa, it was the exact description of me sleeping with Sydni!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-22-2009, 06:48 AM   #48
minnie2
DIS Veteran

Ok hearing about that woman holding her mom so she could dance on main street is getting me teary eye just thinking about it! So sweet!!!! Who says there is no magic!!!!

Sawyer going to Tom Sawyer island LOL

Love that your mom jumped out and scared the kids!
I so want my mom to take me to WDW! Can you believe she NEVER took me! She went with my dad the 1st yr it was open and had the nerve to leave me with my grandparent when they went! Yeah I have never let her live it down!
then the 1st time I went my evil/crazy aunt took me and complained the whole time she didn't want to e there and how Sea world was better! Then had the nerve to get mad when I wanted to buy a minnie doll. Yeah i don't care for that aunt at all!
George was actually the 1st one to realy take me to WDW
I keep asking my mom to meet us when we go this yr even if it is for a day or two (she lives in GA so it wouldn't be too long of a drive)I told her maybe I just want to go to WDw with my mom! So we will see I doubt it! I do love that your mom likes going!

Oh and I meant to comment last time on the seat assignment problem. A few yrs ago I was flying alone with my kids back from GA and they had us all separated and it wasn't until we got on the plane and begged passengers to let us all sit together, We did get some one to switch but the one lady was not very nice aout it because it mea se had to sit across the isle from her teen ager. Keep in mind she was still next to him but yet she thought it was ok for my kids to be all over the plan wen they where 4 and 6
then I found out about 2 months after my SIL's took my kids to WDW last yr that my SIL who flew with them to WDW didn't even sit with them She was behind them in another row I was LIVID she didn't even ask to be next to them! What if something happened? Then i think what the heck was wrong wit the person they where sitting next to not moving so she could be with them! So unfortunately that does happen

Old 02-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #49
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecuberduber View Post
Yay, I love your trip reports! They're what introduced me to the disboutiquers and then the Big Give. Yours and your sister's. My favorite moments so far: the mysterious airport tunnel and your kids and grandma gleefully shooting down BTMRR. So funny! Looking forward to your next installment!
I didn't realize we introduced you to the disboutiquers and the Big Give! Thank you for telling me!

My kids are just sick, shooting down the lovely folks on a runaway train! I think they get it from my mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmylaj View Post
i too am a little afraid of the caves on tom sawyer island, good thing i have mia as an excuse to stay outside. lol
also i love the disneyland fun sing along video yes we have it on a vcr version and a dvd and a spare at nans house just cant get enough of it.
great update as always
Yeah, I wasn't real excited when Sawyer decided he liked the caves after all. There goes my only excuse that doesn't make me look like a big baby!

We also have Disneyland Fun on video tape, dvd, and a backup at my mom's house! Nothing gets you in the Disney mood like Disneyland Fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
I agree with you on security. One night we were heading into MK around 7:30 for the fireworks and they just had a few security people by where you scan your tickets. They were sorta checking bags but then one shouted out "don't go through if we haven't checked your bag, this is the honor system here" I'm sure those terrorists are pretty good with the honor system.

Okay, you totally had me bawling about the elderly woman dancing with her daughter. I will SO wear mouse ears if I am fortunate enough to go to Disneyworld when I'm that age!

Oooh, I hate caves!!! They bring out the claustrophobia in me big time! I don't mind so much if they are huge, like caverns, but spelunking is not my thing. One time I had to pass through a small tunnel in the rock to exit some Anasazi ruins and I thought I was going to have a heart attack!

I love your mom. That jumping out and scaring people is a family tradition for us (started by my dad), especially on hikes.

Luke and Tessa never went on any rides together! Unless you count Maelstrom Luke LOVES Big Thunder Mountain! Hmmm...the one at Disneyland is pretty fun too

Tessa looks beautiful in her Ariel gown and princess ears.

You know, one nice thing about POR is that it is NOT a loud hotel! My 2 year-old niece was in the room next to us and she is the LOUDEST child EVER and I never heard her once! The vision of Tessa sleeping upside-down with her feet in your face and running is toooo funny! Luke just likes to snuggle soooo close that he is almost on top of you. He doesn't move much though.
What? I thought terrorists were very honorable?

I cried reading your comment about the old lady and her daughter. It was so touching!

I do count the Maelstrom! I don't know if I told you how that ride went with Tessa and Luke sitting next to each other. But, you'll have to wait for the trip report!

You should see Tessa walk in that nightgown. It billows out all around her and reaches the floor. She looks like a regular princess!

Sawyer is my snuggler. He wanted to share my pillow and I couldn't move!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLadyTremain View Post
I really enjoyed your last trip report (and your sister's version as well), so I was so happy to see another report. You have such a nice family...you seem to have such a good time with each other!

A few things:
1. You have lovely countertops and cabinets (and your husband and cookie jar collection are nice as well!).
2. I love all the outfits you make you kids.
3. I love love love chicken flavored crackers.
4. I have never done Tom Sawyer's island and now I want too.
5. When did your Sawyer turn into a kid? He was a baby in your last trip report and now he looks so grown up.

Looking forward to the next installment.
Thank you for the compliments on my house. My husband built it himself! I picked out everything and he built it. I think he's pretty nice, too.

I like the chicken flavored crackers, but the kids...not so much. I guess I should have given them a test run before we got on the airplane.

I know!! Sawyer did turn into a kid, didn't he? It amazes me every day that my little baby is growing up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girldreamer02 View Post
We have yet to go over to Tom Sawyers island. Maybe we'll save that for when we have kids. I've tried on that head band that tessa bought, but I never bought it. I have a sensitive head and it kind of squeezes. The big question on my mind is since she spent so much on it...did she actually wear it? I've never been to the country bear jamboree either, but we thought about it on this trip. I'm sad to say we never made it...to busy having other fun. We didn't find wendy and peter pan either, but I remembered the questionable wendy from your last trippie. Your kids are adorable and so is your mother!
That headband is TIGHT! I tried it on and OW! I thought it was too tight on her head, but she insisted on getting it anyway. She did end up wearing it for 3 days, I think. That's more than she's ever wore her Tinkerbell Mickey ears that I bought her when she was 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twob4him View Post
Hi Heather...I was just going to catch up on thread #12. I had left off on page 4 when I came upon your trip report announcement! Yaaaa I said!!! And here you are already cracking me up! I want to cut and paste all the comments that Teresa said onto here. She was much more thorough then me!!!!!!

Oh, I love the most important thing about Tessa!!!!

I love Sawyer's Knock Knock jokes!!!

We are on thread #12 now! I moved us in the middle of the night!
Aww, you done made me cry!

I love the cheesey picture of Sawyer when you are getting ready to leave home!!

Oh, poor Henry, someone get him a tissue!
I was wondering why you took a picture of Henry from that angle!!! You were trying to show off your super cool cookie jars!! They would be much cooler filled with cookies though!

Poor Dad indeed!! I'm suprised he didn't make a last ditch leap at your bumper as you drove away!!!

I'm so glad the kids didn't arouse the suspicions of the TSA!!!

Questionable string cheese!!!! LOL!

residual bathroom tears!!!

I do not like the sound of those steps up to the plane at all!!!

Yeah flight attendant!!

OH my, what a weird tunnel thing at DTW!!! I never knew that was there!

Hey, that's the same song going through my head as I looked at the pictures!

Stupid seat assignments!!!

Stupid Nothwest desk lady!

I can't believe the lady almost changed her mind about switching with you!! I'm glad she did!!

Now, why didn't they put people next to who they came with?? And if they aren't going to, they should board like Southwest!! I love Southwest!

You have to wonder how much fuel is ok to leak out and spew from Detroit to Orlando????

I suppose de-icing is a good idea. I completely understand about wanting to know how long something is REALLY going to take!!

We have a little splitter thing so you can hook up two headphones to one headphone jack. I should have let you use it.

Did the crackers taste like chicken in a biscuit crackers?? I love those

You look cute even with your glasses on!

Mom looks SUPER EXCITED!!!

I'm going to miss the Orlando airport this year! We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale, it just won't be the same

NOW Mom looks excited!!!

Dumb snotty big whitehanded lady! Way to squash the Disney magic!

OOH OOH!! A red carpet!!!!!

How did he know your names????

Lot of people with Big White hands!!!LOL!

How DARE the mean man without the Big White hand yell at my MOMMY!!!

How nice of that woman to tell you good luck getting a room!! That's JUST what you want to hear at the beginning of your vacation!

YEAH!!! WOO HOO !!! YIPPEE YIPPEE KIE OH!!!! WOO HOO!!! No more GRUMPY CMS!!!

The cheerleaders must have cheered them all up!!

There's nothing like seeing that welcome sign!!!!

LOL! I'm laughing about you all bouncing in your seats and you almost bouncing out of the seat!!!

I bet Mom DID want to bounce too! hehehe

Yeah on changing your room!

I was wondering when you would get the $200 Gift card!!! Did I tell you Brian said we should have stayed on property this year, but I had to tell him we would have needed two rooms. We'll just wait until Corey is 19 and moves out! ;-)

I'm so glad I've been to Pop, (not to stay, just to visit, ahem...) because it is fun seeing you walk through and I know right where you are!

OOH I love the soap!!! Is that Tessa's hand?

LOL!!! I'm dying here about the lifeguard!!! Were there really people in the pool? I didn't see them.

Oh, Heather!!! I love that picture too!!! You can tell how excited everyone was to be there!!!

Weird that they still have the old mugs!!! You can't tell mine looked like anymore. I use it so much all the picures came off!!

Umm, I think I figured out why Tessa didn't like her pizza!!!! Heather, that wasn't real!!!!!

Why are you waddling??? Flash back to your last solo trip with Mom???

Oh no!!! Where is the fridge!!???

YEAH!! They found the frige!! Was there anything else cool back there??

EEEWWWWW STINKY FRIDGE!!!!! EEEWWWW!!! Maybe some of the CMs had a little party back there and used it themselves and that's why it was out of the box! hmm.....

Oh Heather, this is fun!!! I love reading your TRs!!! I've read this so feel free to post the next installment!

Yaaaaaaa, what she said plus......

I love the pics of Tom Sawyer Island....with the famous Sawyer actually on it!

Can I say again how cute your children are...and your mom too!

I am really enjoying your report...and can't wait to hear more!!!!
CHEATER!!!!! I'll let you get away with it, this time! Especially since you said my kids and mom are cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessica52877 View Post
Our room wasn't bad at Pop at all, pretty quiet. Lin said he heard the baby next door crying one time around midnight but he was awake playing his game and it didn't wake me up, so cry away!
Were you on the 4th floor? I wonder if those rooms are quieter. I can't figure out why our room last time was quiet and this one was noisy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my*2*angels View Post
Heather, you are so funny! I am loving your TR so far! Can't wait to read the rest! I was laughing so hard when you were talking about sleeping with Tessa, it was the exact description of me sleeping with Sydni!!!!
Ugh! That kid! She also snores a little!

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie2 View Post
Ok hearing about that woman holding her mom so she could dance on main street is getting me teary eye just thinking about it! So sweet!!!! Who says there is no magic!!!!

Sawyer going to Tom Sawyer island LOL

Love that your mom jumped out and scared the kids!
I so want my mom to take me to WDW! Can you believe she NEVER took me! She went with my dad the 1st yr it was open and had the nerve to leave me with my grandparent when they went! Yeah I have never let her live it down!
then the 1st time I went my evil/crazy aunt took me and complained the whole time she didn't want to e there and how Sea world was better! Then had the nerve to get mad when I wanted to buy a minnie doll. Yeah i don't care for that aunt at all!
George was actually the 1st one to realy take me to WDW
I keep asking my mom to meet us when we go this yr even if it is for a day or two (she lives in GA so it wouldn't be too long of a drive)I told her maybe I just want to go to WDw with my mom! So we will see I doubt it! I do love that your mom likes going!

Oh and I meant to comment last time on the seat assignment problem. A few yrs ago I was flying alone with my kids back from GA and they had us all separated and it wasn't until we got on the plane and begged passengers to let us all sit together, We did get some one to switch but the one lady was not very nice aout it because it mea se had to sit across the isle from her teen ager. Keep in mind she was still next to him but yet she thought it was ok for my kids to be all over the plan wen they where 4 and 6
then I found out about 2 months after my SIL's took my kids to WDW last yr that my SIL who flew with them to WDW didn't even sit with them She was behind them in another row I was LIVID she didn't even ask to be next to them! What if something happened? Then i think what the heck was wrong wit the person they where sitting next to not moving so she could be with them! So unfortunately that does happen
I hope you can talk you mom into going to Disney with you! I can't believe she went without you and then never took you along! Good 'ol George for taking you to Disney for the first "real" time. What's up with your aunt?? Who could think that Sea World is better than Disney?

I don't understand splitting up families on airplanes!! Why do they do that??

Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM   #50
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

I appreciate the little map of where you were staying!

I didn't know there were two kinds of buses.

Cute picture of Sawyer on the bus!

What is Mom doing!? She's so silly!

All right Tessa being first to spot the castle!!

I agree about the bag checks! It's the allusion of security they are going for, I guess! Kennedy Space Center has a much more thorough safety check. Which, I guess makes sense since it's a government thing.

I bet you felt really special actually getting your tickets to work on this trip!

Right down the middle of Main St. USA!!! You know that makes me all teary eyed just reading it!

You stopped for Photopass! Yeah! (I can get those pictures for yah off the website if you want!)

Oh, Heather, I'm crying too about the Mom and Daughter! I'm sure they had no idea how much they would affect anyone!

You know, I bet a lot of people looked at you and Mom and the kids and how much love you have for each other and you brought joy to THEIR hearts too!

Ahh! The park closed at 5???! Why so early??

Oh, Mom bragging about us, makes me teary too! Thanks for including that part!

I love that the CM wanted you to sop by so she could see what you guys were wearing! Did you?

Sawyer- Tom SAWYER!!! I never made that connection either!!! I love it!!! So cool!

OH no! The riverboat is going to hit you!!!!

Phew, thank goodness disaster was averted!

I like his happy dippy little face!!!!!

OOOH, the cave did something to the setting son your camera!!! OOHH....

OH, the poor scared little babies!!! LOL!

You made me cry again!! Thinking of you thinking of me on your trip! (nope, that wasn't the checkerboard, but we did look at that one!)

Look at Mom's face on the bridge!!! Is she the BEST Mom EVER or what!

Whoa! lOOK at Tessa jump!

Nope, Mom's do NOT come cuter than ours!! I love that coat. I'm so glad she splurged and bought that!

I know what you are looking at!!! Horse butts!!!

Sawyer's happy face shooting the poor unsuspecting Thunder Mountain trains!!

The fort is where we played checkers, just to the left of the entrance.

Too funny you like the random stranger in the picture you found!!! I like her too, except that is very similar to the stance of the evil girl who tried to plunge me to my death on that very same bridge when I was TWO! HEY! it COULD be her!!

So, you understand my complete terror of this bridge as a two year old??? Seriously, it would be so easy to fall off!

Mom booing at that kid is making me laugh!!! That cave is really very creepy!

Oh, she is so very mean!!! LOL!

I'll say you took the picture yourself. ;-)

It's so nice you and Tessa got a little Mommy daughter time!

Those ears look familiar! Lydia HAD to have them because they matched the one her My Little Pony has!

Too bad, no Wendle!

You did a lot in a little bit of time!

Oh, lucky you getting the full POP ambiance on this trip!

Hmm, so you are saying Tessa is a lot like you when you were little?? (with the sleeping thing)

aWww, done already

CATHY!!!! I can't believe a teacher would cheet like that!!!

The secret to great TR commenting, is to open Notepad while your reading and then take notes as you go! I didn't realize how important good comments were until I wrote my own TR.

This whole airplane not putting you net to your kids thing just really bothers me! For one thing, there are creepy people out there, and I don't want any of my kids sitting next to one of them! What if something happens to the plane? Is a stranger going to help your kid out, or will they be more interested in helping themself? Granted MANY people would help a child, but I wouldn't want to risk it! Is it really so much harder for planes to assign people together than to randomly disperse them throughout the cabin and then have the chaos of everyone switching seats at the last minute??
Old 02-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #51
twob4him
DIS Veteran

Guilty as charged I will have to try the word pad idea~

So, I am still back on the illegally splitting up parents and children part. So who told you it was illegal? I would seriously file a complaint. I want to see where it says you arent allowed to do this so if I ever happens to me I can slam 'em with lots of legalese.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:56 AM   #52
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
You know, I bet a lot of people looked at you and Mom and the kids and how much love you have for each other and you brought joy to THEIR hearts too!

Ahh! The park closed at 5???! Why so early??

Sawyer- Tom SAWYER!!! I never made that connection either!!! I love it!!! So cool!

Too bad, no Wendle!

This whole airplane not putting you net to your kids thing just really bothers me! For one thing, there are creepy people out there, and I don't want any of my kids sitting next to one of them! What if something happens to the plane? Is a stranger going to help your kid out, or will they be more interested in helping themself? Granted MANY people would help a child, but I wouldn't want to risk it! Is it really so much harder for planes to assign people together than to randomly disperse them throughout the cabin and then have the chaos of everyone switching seats at the last minute??
Thank you for saying that about mom and I touching people's hearts, too.

The park didn't close at 5:00, it was just Tom Sawyer's Island. It could have been 6:00, I'm not 100% sure. Whenever it was, it was an hour after we got there.

We're both a little slow on the Sawyer recognition.

Wendle!!

I thought the same thing on being seperated from my kids. What if there's an emergency? No one is going to try as hard as I would to save my kids!

Old 02-23-2009, 10:02 AM   #53
HeatherSue

As promised, pictures of my cookie jar collection!

When I went to get pictures of them, I noticed they were really, really dusty, so they got a good cleaning before I took the pics.

These are cream and sugar containters:

I believe this is Sleeping Beauty's castle. I would LOVE to find Cinderella's castle!

Nemo!

Villainous women!

Ursula Butt!

It's a Small World. The cute little kids go around the sides, too.

This is one of my favorites!

Tink

This was my very first Disney cookie jar.

Mickey

Pooh. I love the little butterfly on his foot. It's attached with a spring and it bounces around.

Last edited by HeatherSue; 02-23-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:21 AM   #54
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:

So, I am still back on the illegally splitting up parents and children part. So who told you it was illegal? I would seriously file a complaint. I want to see where it says you arent allowed to do this so if I ever happens to me I can slam 'em with lots of legalese.
I'll forgive you!

I would like to know if it is really a law too! I would love to have that to throw at them if tney separate me and my kids!

Heather, I do love your cookie jar collection!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #55
Loriann70
Earning My Ears

Great start! Looking forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing!

Lori
Old 02-23-2009, 11:52 AM   #56
Rebecuberduber
Mouseketeer

Love the cookie jar collection. I'm sheepish to say, I didn't even know they made such neat cookie jars! I think my favorite is the Small World, one.

My trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2274434

Old 02-23-2009, 12:21 PM   #57
jham
DIS Veteran

Wow, I really love your cookie jar collection! I'm jealous! And I looked up the really cool one on disneyshopping too! Then I thought, I have nowhere to put a cookie jar collection! But then I started thinking, maybe Mike's grandmother's china could find a new home and I could use the china hutch...

Me (Jeanne) DH DD16 DS15 DS11 DD8 Buddy
Old 02-23-2009, 05:32 PM   #58
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

Quite the cookie jar collection. Does the Disney-hater cover his eyes as he goes in the kitchen?
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Old 02-23-2009, 05:33 PM   #59
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriann70 View Post
Great start! Looking forward to reading more. Thanks for sharing!

Lori
Thanks Lori!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecuberduber View Post
Love the cookie jar collection. I'm sheepish to say, I didn't even know they made such neat cookie jars! I think my favorite is the Small World, one.
Every once in a while they'll have cookie jars online. That's how I got most of these. I love the Small World one, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jham View Post
Wow, I really love your cookie jar collection! I'm jealous! And I looked up the really cool one on disneyshopping too! Then I thought, I have nowhere to put a cookie jar collection! But then I started thinking, maybe Mike's grandmother's china could find a new home and I could use the china hutch...
I sent Teresa a link to that cookie jar and I believe the subject line was "It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine..." But, I haven't bought it yet. I don't need anything else on there, so I don't qualify for free shipping and the shipping on it is almost $6, and I'm really cheap.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:36 PM   #60
HeatherSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedy View Post
Quite the cookie jar collection. Does the Disney-hater cover his eyes as he goes in the kitchen?
Yes! I think that must be why he can't seem to find the dishwasher!

Quote:

I haven't been able to find anything about it online. I did write an e-mail to Northwest and told them what happened and that I thought it was a terrible thing to do.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: