Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2009, 03:42 PM   #31
SunneeSmiles
Earning My Ears

Congratulations!

Awww, we were there that day too, and I was just newly engaged. We are getting married just 5 days after you, how exciting!!!

Congratulations, and what a cute proposal!! The pics are priceless!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #32
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie77 View Post
thanks! she is being a little more understanding now. we went dress shopping on tuesday and i think that helped. im sure everything will work out (i hope). i for one am soooooo excited!!!!
How did the dress shopping go?
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2009, 10:36 AM   #33
Stephie77
DH and I married at the most magical place on earth on 1-3-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bridetobe789 View Post
How great that you started a pj and chose a date!! I remember seeing your pics on the main page!! Do you have locations? Or did I miss that?
Thanks! We are going to have the Ceremony at the WP and then the reception at the WHitehall Room and not sure where the desert party will be yet. I would love to have it at Fantasia but I think it doesn't run on SUndays. So exciting though! Where are you having yours?
Stephie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #34
Stephie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunneeSmiles View Post
Awww, we were there that day too, and I was just newly engaged. We are getting married just 5 days after you, how exciting!!!

Congratulations, and what a cute proposal!! The pics are priceless!!!
Thanks! Congratulations to you too. So funny that our weddings are 5 days apart and we are getting married at the same places-lol Can't wait to really start planning though! I love the ketchup bottles he had made to propose. so adorable and unique.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #35
Stephie77

It was good! SO overwhelming though! I still have not decided on a dress though. There is a possible Maggie Sotterro I like but can't post because my DF, tommymomo is on these boards! lol I am going shopping with my mom and some of my girlies on Saturday again so they all can see the dresses I have narrowed it down to. It is soo overwhelming but my mom was actually a really big help. Thanks for asking!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #36
tommymomo
apprentice pirate

Well we have sent in our room blocks. The contracts should be on the way.
tommymomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 01:37 PM   #37
Stephie77

hello all. i know-its been a while since i have posted but i have been so busy at work! So we received a copy of our contract today. makes it feel real now. once the save the date cards go out then the real planning can begin can't wait to sign it and start planning. so i did not get to go dress shopping last weekend as my sister and BFF were both sick with the stomach virus that has been going around. going to go again sometime in april. that is all that is going on at the moment. i will be back soon with hopefully more to report
Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #38
Stephie77

Got our Wedding Contract-IS the GF really under construction?

OMG! So we got our contract yesterday so df and i decide last night that we would order a pizza and read through it since it is pretty long. Being I am a paralegal and use to reading long boring documents I read out loud to my df the entire thing. As we are half way through we see that it states that the GF main lobby and convention center roof are under going construction um- we were never told this by our wonderful coordinator so now we are kind of freaking out and EXTREMELY pissed off i have not even thought about any other venues as i really wanted the WHR since it is so close to the WP and we are staying and i am getting ready at the GF. so i have a call into my WC and am waiting a call back. we just can't believe this was not mentioned-how do you now mention something like this. here is the thing-we have been searching the internet for any information on this and have found nothing. if anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:39 AM   #39
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
It was good! SO overwhelming though! I still have not decided on a dress though. There is a possible Maggie Sotterro I like but can't post because my DF, tommymomo is on these boards! lol I am going shopping with my mom and some of my girlies on Saturday again so they all can see the dresses I have narrowed it down to. It is soo overwhelming but my mom was actually a really big help. Thanks for asking!
I love maggie! I can't wait to get my second dress!

Quote:
hello all. i know-its been a while since i have posted but i have been so busy at work! So we received a copy of our contract today. makes it feel real now. once the save the date cards go out then the real planning can begin can't wait to sign it and start planning. so i did not get to go dress shopping last weekend as my sister and BFF were both sick with the stomach virus that has been going around. going to go again sometime in april. that is all that is going on at the moment. i will be back soon with hopefully more to report
That virus is a killer. Insane. I hate it...and I got it twice

Quote:
OMG! So we got our contract yesterday so df and i decide last night that we would order a pizza and read through it since it is pretty long. Being I am a paralegal and use to reading long boring documents I read out loud to my df the entire thing. As we are half way through we see that it states that the GF main lobby and convention center roof are under going construction um- we were never told this by our wonderful coordinator so now we are kind of freaking out and EXTREMELY pissed off i have not even thought about any other venues as i really wanted the WHR since it is so close to the WP and we are staying and i am getting ready at the GF. so i have a call into my WC and am waiting a call back. we just can't believe this was not mentioned-how do you now mention something like this. here is the thing-we have been searching the internet for any information on this and have found nothing. if anyone has any idea about this, please let me know.

I emailed my uncle (he is a manager of hs) so hopefully he will know something!

Where did you order pizza from? We ordered pizza yesterday and they confused our order with another order from "around the block" (We ordered from Crispy)
Wonder if we got your pie
Old 03-24-2009, 10:50 AM   #40
Stephie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdisneyb2b View Post
I love maggie! I can't wait to get my second dress!

That virus is a killer. Insane. I hate it...and I got it twice

I emailed my uncle (he is a manager of hs) so hopefully he will know something!

Where did you order pizza from? We ordered pizza yesterday and they confused our order with another order from "around the block" (We ordered from Crispy)
Wonder if we got your pie
HS? Does that mean hotel services? lol i am bad with the short lingo! thanks that would be so great as i am FREAKING our and df is pretty friggin angry.

lol-not our order. we ordered from pizza wagon. they are on 5th ave b/t 86th and 87th. their sicilian pie is soo good. their round pie is also pretty good. it is the best we have found in the neighborhood i think. is crispy good? we have had la sorrentinos which isn't great, their sandwiches use to be decent but not so good anymore either. have not found a great hero place yet, if you know one let me know. i would def recommend pizza wagon though. it is not patsys aka grimaldis but still good.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:53 AM   #41
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
HS? Does that mean hotel services? lol i am bad with the short lingo! thanks that would be so great as i am FREAKING our and df is pretty friggin angry.

lol-not our order. we ordered from pizza wagon. they are on 5th ave b/t 86th and 87th. their sicilian pie is soo good. their round pie is also pretty good. it is the best we have found in the neighborhood i think. is crispy good? we have had la sorrentinos which isn't great, their sandwiches use to be decent but not so good anymore either. have not found a great hero place yet, if you know one let me know. i would def recommend pizza wagon though. it is not patsys aka grimaldis but still good.
Sorry! Hollywood Studios!

We usually order from Pizza Wagon, we should have! Crispy is okay... I prefer their salad pizza though lol....
We always eat at Bad Boys all the way down on 86th street by the L... They have this fresh mozzarella and tomato pie called the Sofia Loren...delicious and very healthy!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:30 AM   #42
Stephie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdisneyb2b View Post
Sorry! Hollywood Studios!

We usually order from Pizza Wagon, we should have! Crispy is okay... I prefer their salad pizza though lol....
We always eat at Bad Boys all the way down on 86th street by the L... They have this fresh mozzarella and tomato pie called the Sofia Loren...delicious and very healthy!
never heard of bad boys. do they make heros and do they deliver?

thanks for looking into this with your uncle. i really appreciate it.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #43
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
never heard of bad boys. do they make heros and do they deliver?

thanks for looking into this with your uncle. i really appreciate it.
They make heros, we don't really eat them though so I am not sure how good they are lol...
We get it to go, not too sure if they will deliver to dyker! But they are unreal!
Old 04-01-2009, 12:38 PM   #44
tommymomo
apprentice pirate

I know that the DF and I havent posted in a while, so I have a free min to I guess update......

SO the contracts came last week and we have had to have them changed a few times so far... and they are still sitting out hte kitchen table waiting for another question/change to happen. so far it still looks like our wedding is going to happen, but looking through contracts and seeing dollar amounts really makes you think if spending this type of money is worth it or not.. Maybe worth it isnt the right statement, but it kinda gives to cold feet about signing it. Not sure if the contract made anyone else think that way or not.

nothing else to report on right now, I major decision will be made either way come this wekend, and by them I am sure the DF will update everyone.

TTFN
tommymomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #45
Stephie77

Thanks honey for posting an update. work has been so busy not a free moment. as he said we have the contracts but waiting for my WC to get back to me today on something. hopefully it will be some good news. going shopping again for my dress in 2 weeks. so excited! i just want the dress already. well i have to get back to work- keep you posted once i know more.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: