Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2009, 07:06 PM   #16
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Ah, what a beautiful engagement story!!! Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing all about your planning!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:46 PM   #17
Stephie77
DH and I married at the most magical place on earth on 1-3-10

Drama!

It has been hell on wheels these past 2 weeks. My mother is the biggest pain in the butt. She started a holy war about me having my wedding in disney. It finally got some what cleared up (although her and DF are not on the best of terms at the moment which SUCKS) but still i was hurt. I understand people think it is an inconveince but I am making it as easy as possible (even paying for my 90 year old grandparents to get there from Boca) but it was not good enough for her. Instead of bridezilla we have motherofthebridezilla! Hell we are paying for our entire wedding also so why would she think she has a say. She was *****ing about everything, money, inconvenience, even if it snowed and flights got delayed. She was upset her best friend is not invited. This is MY wedding i told her and that I will do what I want to do. If people can come then great if not what can I do. She is soo worried about my grandparents getting around. My grandpa is 91 and has trouble walking and I told her there are wheelchairs and even if they get there Saturday afternoon and leave monday morning it is really just part of saturday that they will be in the park. SUnday is my wedding and Monday they leave. Well it seems she finally is coming to her senses (although DF thinks it is the calm before another storm) and we are dress shopping tomorrow. Sorry needed to vent. This is why I am not taking money from my mother because if I did it would have to be her way and I could never deal with that. At least I get to try on pretty dresses tomorrow-hopefully she doesn't start drama with that also. I can't post any dresses on here as my DF is on here all the time also. SOrry girls
Stephie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #18
pink_tink8i8
DIS Veteran

Ugh! sorry to hear about your momma drama. Just remember that it's YOUR wedding so do what you want regardless of what she tries to tell you.

pink_tink8i8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 PM   #19
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephie77 View Post
Thanks! Where in Bklyn are u? i am in dyker heights. i am originally from rockland county but have tons of family who live here. r u getting married in bklyn?
No way! We're in Dyker Heights too! How crazy is that? We're the "Charlie Brown House" at CHristmas... not sure if you check out the lights, but were around the corner from Scrooge... What a small world!!

We're getting married at St.Ephrems, and then reception at Garguillo's! Taking pictures in COney Island before they tear down the boardwalkhopefully!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:04 PM   #20
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
It has been hell on wheels these past 2 weeks. My mother is the biggest pain in the butt. She started a holy war about me having my wedding in disney. It finally got some what cleared up (although her and DF are not on the best of terms at the moment which SUCKS) but still i was hurt. I understand people think it is an inconveince but I am making it as easy as possible (even paying for my 90 year old grandparents to get there from Boca) but it was not good enough for her. Instead of bridezilla we have motherofthebridezilla! Hell we are paying for our entire wedding also so why would she think she has a say. She was *****ing about everything, money, inconvenience, even if it snowed and flights got delayed. She was upset her best friend is not invited. This is MY wedding i told her and that I will do what I want to do. If people can come then great if not what can I do. She is soo worried about my grandparents getting around. My grandpa is 91 and has trouble walking and I told her there are wheelchairs and even if they get there Saturday afternoon and leave monday morning it is really just part of saturday that they will be in the park. SUnday is my wedding and Monday they leave. Well it seems she finally is coming to her senses (although DF thinks it is the calm before another storm) and we are dress shopping tomorrow. Sorry needed to vent. This is why I am not taking money from my mother because if I did it would have to be her way and I could never deal with that. At least I get to try on pretty dresses tomorrow-hopefully she doesn't start drama with that also. I can't post any dresses on here as my DF is on here all the time also. SOrry girls
This is how it all started with us, and why we will be having a VR instead of disney wedding in two years Makes me angry but, sometimes its better to avoid family... in this case it was vin's side not mine and we recently renovated the house into a two family so... living witht hem may have been a problem...

Sorry about that though hun. Stick to your gun and get what you want!! You're paying!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #21
Stephie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_tink8i8 View Post
Ugh! sorry to hear about your momma drama. Just remember that it's YOUR wedding so do what you want regardless of what she tries to tell you.
Thanks pink tink. It is suppose to be the happiest time of my life! Hopefully once she sees me in dresses tomorrow it will help. I hate fighting with her but I want a small intimate Disney wedding and that is what I am having! I could not even imagine if it was in NY and the drama!!! lol
Old 03-02-2009, 03:21 PM   #22
Stephie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsdisneyb2b View Post
No way! We're in Dyker Heights too! How crazy is that? We're the "Charlie Brown House" at CHristmas... not sure if you check out the lights, but were around the corner from Scrooge... What a small world!!

We're getting married at St.Ephrems, and then reception at Garguillo's! Taking pictures in COney Island before they tear down the boardwalkhopefully!
I actually checked out the lights for the first time in years. I can't deal with all the traffic, so usually I don't! lol I don't remember the charlie brown house but we are practically neighbors!

I am sorry you can't get married in Disney that stinks. Families are so tough to deal with. MY DF family has been great about this and so has my dad, it is just my mother. I am still reading your PJ to catch up on your situations. You are very creative!

Last edited by Stephie77; 03-02-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #23
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
I actually checked out the lights for the first time in years. I can't deal with all the traffic, so usually I don't! lol I don't remember the charlie brown house but we are practically neighbors!

I am sorry you can't get married in Disney that stinks. Families are so tough to deal with. MY DF family has been great about this and so has my dad, it is just my mother. I am still reading your PJ to catch up on your situations. You are very creative!

Lol this is the first time we didn't put it up! lolol
We are in the "barn"houses on 10th...small world!

Aww... Thank you for reading my PJ I hope I'm not boring!
Old 03-02-2009, 06:07 PM   #24
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

Sorry to hear about the drama! Like others have said, you are paying and it's your wedding! I'm sure once it all happens, your mom will love it, I mean honestly, who can't love a wedding at Disney!!?
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:14 AM   #25
tommymomo
apprentice pirate

I am glad everyone liked Stephies telling of our engagement. I tried to keep it a secret from her(even going so far as to curse out every zales,jared,etc commercial that came on tv to try to throw her off) I think that the picures proved she had no idea. Haha.

I do have to say that the photo pass guy couldnt have been better with the pictures. I did not tip him off, he just saw the moment and started snapping away. Couldn't have been a more perfect moment...... At least until our wedding day.
tommymomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:47 AM   #26
Stephie77

So I went shopping for my wedding dress on Tuesday! I must have tried on 20 dresses at 3 different bridal shops. I did not love anything until my last dress. It looked so perfect on me. Still want to try a couple more and see if I go back to it, such a big decision! Can't post name or picture b/c my df is on here. It is a Maggie Sottero dress and her dresses are really flattering and reasonably price. If someone is curious, you can email me personally on here since DF can't see that! lol
Old 03-06-2009, 11:52 AM   #27
Crown_princess
Disney vacation addict

Hey, Don't worry about your mom. I think 90% of Disbrides get grief from their families when they first state they are going to get married at DW.
They will get over it and eventually get REALLY excited. If not excited, they will zip it. Most people realize that this is an important day to you and quipping incessantly will push you, who they love, away. Don't worry.

My grandmas are 87 this year and are incredibly excited to go to DW. They plan on lounging in the sun for a week and doing nothing else. HAHAHAA.

March 2009 FairyTale Wedding PJ
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post25294663

Wine and Dine Half Marathon 2013 Planning and TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3088379
Crown_princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:57 AM   #28
Mrsdisneyb2b
Disneymoon Here We Come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymomo View Post
I am glad everyone liked Stephies telling of our engagement. I tried to keep it a secret from her(even going so far as to curse out every zales,jared,etc commercial that came on tv to try to throw her off) I think that the picures proved she had no idea. Haha.

I do have to say that the photo pass guy couldnt have been better with the pictures. I did not tip him off, he just saw the moment and started snapping away. Couldn't have been a more perfect moment...... At least until our wedding day.
You guys are way too cute! My fiance did the same thing...even went as far as to say that he didn't want us to live together till we were married which would be in about 5 years! (Enter head banging against wall emote here)

Good job, those pictures are priceless!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #29
Stephie77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown_princess View Post
Hey, Don't worry about your mom. I think 90% of Disbrides get grief from their families when they first state they are going to get married at DW.
They will get over it and eventually get REALLY excited. If not excited, they will zip it. Most people realize that this is an important day to you and quipping incessantly will push you, who they love, away. Don't worry.

My grandmas are 87 this year and are incredibly excited to go to DW. They plan on lounging in the sun for a week and doing nothing else. HAHAHAA.
thanks! she is being a little more understanding now. we went dress shopping on tuesday and i think that helped. im sure everything will work out (i hope). i for one am soooooo excited!!!!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #30
bridetobe789
2009 Disney Bride!!!

How great that you started a pj and chose a date!! I remember seeing your pics on the main page!! Do you have locations? Or did I miss that?

*07.08.09 Tricia & Chris WP/LSS/Sago Cay*
bridetobe789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: