The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #871
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
I booked at Hotwire for $85 per night, on the mystery rate, the deal with Hotwire is to get a good price, you don't know where the hotel is until after you book so you are booking on how many stars, general location, etc. Mine was Lake Buena Vista condo for $85 per night, and then after I booked it they told me Vistana resort. Yes, I checked between villages and resort, but it did clearly show as resort. I marked as 4 star or higher properties, and then looked for whether it has a resort fee, just cause I like to know that.
Wow, what a great rate!!! Congrats!

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #872
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Diamond lane with RCI

I used DL to make some requests for a timeshare week we recieved as a gift thru RCI. I recieved the reply on Wednesday which is 4 days out from our trip. RCI exchanges are in the Courts section i was told. Made a few other request which I hope are honored.

Thanks for everyones help answering the SVR questions. I'll try to post some pics and a trip report when we get back.
joe-aka-papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #873
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
I used DL to make some requests for a timeshare week we recieved as a gift thru RCI. I recieved the reply on Wednesday which is 4 days out from our trip. RCI exchanges are in the Courts section i was told. Made a few other request which I hope are honored.

Thanks for everyones help answering the SVR questions. I'll try to post some pics and a trip report when we get back.
Have a great vacation, Joe. I look forward to the photos and report when you return!!

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899
Old 05-20-2013, 10:36 AM   #874
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Wow, its been sooooo quiet here lately!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post

Joe......have you returned from your trip yet? How was your stay at SVR?

Do you have any photos you want to share?

Old 05-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #875
teacherlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

First time to Sheraton Vistana

Hi all,

New to this board, and also new to Sheraton Vistana. My wife and I will be taking our 1-yr-old on our first family vacation this August. We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort (2 bed room)for 5 nights, booked through Jetblue. (Great deal, FYI.) We are planning to spend most of our time poolside and in the condo, with some trips to Downtown Disney, splash pads and such. We will do 1 day at Magic Kingdom- and I think that will be good for a 1 yr old. That said, I had a few questions that I haven't found answers to:

1. Since we booked through Jetblue and not a condo timeshare, do you know what section we will be in? In other words, are "hotel" type guests placed in the same section or are all sections possible?

2. When we booked on Jetblue, there was a place for requests and we wrote, quiet room, high floor in section with elevator, high chair and crib. Do you think they will grant these requests? Should I also send an email or anything to make this request? Should I request a particular section and if so, how does one do that?

3. Can anyone speak from experience as to the quality or appearance of the resort high chairs or cribs?

4. Any other tips for a toddler at the resort?

5. Any other tips for things a toddler can do in the area for free or low cost?

Thanks so much everyone for your help.
teacherlovesdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:54 PM   #876
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlovesdisney View Post
We will be staying at the Sheraton Vistana Resort (2 bed room)for 5 nights, booked through Jetblue. (Great deal, FYI.)

That said, I had a few questions that I haven't found answers to:

1. Since we booked through Jetblue and not a condo timeshare, do you know what section we will be in? In other words, are "hotel" type guests placed in the same section or are all sections possible?

2. When we booked on Jetblue, there was a place for requests and we wrote, quiet room, high floor in section with elevator, high chair and crib. Do you think they will grant these requests? Should I also send an email or anything to make this request? Should I request a particular section and if so, how does one do that?
We also booked our upcoming stay through JetBlue. Couldn't beat the price!

bankr63, the resident expert on this thread, will probably answer all your questions with his typical awesomeness, but in the meantime I will chime in with what I know (which isn't much yet ).

Most sections of the resort have certain days that they accept check-ins (some are mostly for Friday check-ins, some for Saturday, some for Sunday, etc.). What day of the week are you arriving?

Our confirmation from Jetblue states we have a "run of house" room, which means they can basically put us in whatever section they wish based on what's available when we arrive.

As far as special requests go, 3-4 weeks before your stay, you can send in requests via Diamond Lane:

https://www.mystarcentral.com/servic...?propertyId=01

As with most properties, requests are not guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to ask .

Old 05-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #877
bankr63
DIS Veteran

I think Gina nailed most of it.

Units booked for hotel type stays can be anywhere in the resort. Sheraton's room stock for this comes primarily from unsold stock in the various resort sections, some of which is made up from their buyback of foreclosed units from each section's homeowners' association. They still try to match up your arrival with the arrival date of the sections; this is probably to maintain housekeeping efficiency. It is easier to change over a bunch of villas in a single grouping than it is to have to run all around the resort.

My kids were well out of cribs and highchairs when we started going, so I can't speak to the quality of those items specifically, but in general Vistana is a top tier resort and owners have top tier expectations of ALL the amenities.

For a one year old, and based on your requests, you are probably aiming for Cascades or Lakes (only sections with elevators). I'm an avowed South Sider so would aim you towards Cascades - the pool in that section has a really great VERY shallow end with spray fountains. The little ones all seem to love that section.

One last suggestion - if you are researching a bit, I found Kim Wiley's "Walt Disney World with Kids" to be a great read, with a bit more specific information than the also wonderful Unofficial Guides. Her 2013 edition is available and the 2014 edition is due out September 10th.

Post back here after your trip with tips and tricks for visiting Vistana with the very little ones; would love to hear about your experience.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #878
teacherlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much for the reply. That pool looks perfect for my little girl- I will request "Cascades." (Although my booking did say "run of house.") We actually arrive on a Tuesday, so I am not sure how that fits with the housekeeping schedule.

Are the "diamond lane" requests for everyone or just owners?

Thanks guys!
Old 05-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #879
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlovesdisney View Post
Are the "diamond lane" requests for everyone or just owners?
everyone.

sometimes the response times are a little delayed, though...on my trip in mid-may a couple of weeks ago, i didn't get a response till the day before i left.

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #880
teacherlovesdisney
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
everyone.

sometimes the response times are a little delayed, though...on my trip in mid-may a couple of weeks ago, i didn't get a response till the day before i left.
Great, good to know. Thank you.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:06 PM   #881
keeperof4
Earning My Ears

Nice pic

Banker, had a chance to take a quick look at this site. Hard to believe almost 3 months to the day now I was sitting in that exact spot. As on a previous post , we were planning on Hawaii next year but doing a little research , let's just say it is ridiculously expensive and from here over 30 hours travel time for a 7 day visit. Just doesn't seem realistic. (about six hrs.here to Sanford) Can't believe how relaxed I was away from everything enjoying that day at the pool. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/cool1.gif
Unfortunately in this province now, our poor leadership is destroying the economy so quickly that we are holding off planning next February's vacation until late 2013. It looks like more than a few of us in New Brunswick are giving up and heading West.How things have changed in a year. I guess I can take advantage of all the free? trips to Florida I have "won" in the last two months, at least once a week I now receive a phone call saying I am a winner. LOL! I hope any one receiving such calls will not be tempted to push *1
Again I hope those who will be visiting SVR in the near future will have as memorable a vacation experience as we have had.
keeperof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:56 PM   #882
tots05
Earning My Ears

There are a couple of days more until our vacation. On our last day, our flight leaves in the early evening. We are planning on checking out in the morning but staying at the resort to enjoy the pools. Is there a common bathroom where the kids can take a quick rinse at the end of the day and for them to change? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, will towels be provided by the pool areas as well? Just need to know if I need to pack more towels for us.
tots05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #883
Linas
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tots05
There are a couple of days more until our vacation. On our last day, our flight leaves in the early evening. We are planning on checking out in the morning but staying at the resort to enjoy the pools. Is there a common bathroom where the kids can take a quick rinse at the end of the day and for them to change? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, will towels be provided by the pool areas as well? Just need to know if I need to pack more towels for us.
We were there last month and all the pools have pool towels. There is a bathroom with showers at the pool with the waterfall. Sorry I forgot the name of the area of the resort that pool was in.

1999, 2007, May 2013--off property

Linas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #884
tots05
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linas View Post
We were there last month and all the pools have pool towels. There is a bathroom with showers at the pool with the waterfall. Sorry I forgot the name of the area of the resort that pool was in.
thank you now I don't have to worry too much anymore
tots05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #885
c4alymom
Mouseketeer

Sorry if I have missed them...

I "think" I have been following pretty consistantly.... BUT, are there any reviews (recent) of the resort out there? We are headed out in Oct and I am really looking forward to it, but know pretty much nothing about it . Would love to see others' pics.
Sept 99- Disneymoon Carribean Beach Resort

ME DH DS(12) DD(11)
c4alymom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: