The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 07:36 PM   #856
joe-aka-papabear
Mouseketeer

Diamond Lane with RCI ??

We are two weeks away from our arrival @ SVR.

Can we use the diamond lane and make requests if we are exchanging thru RCI. If we can use Diamond Lane , which section would be recommended for us, 2 adults and 2 kids (3/10)

Thanks for your help.
joe-aka-papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #857
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Family discount might be challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
Wanted to clarify and can't seem to edit....

We are renting directly through Starwood.... do they only offer certain areas of the resort this way? We are renting a 2 bedroom unit - and def want 2 double beds for the 2nd bedroom .

Just looking at all the options and wondering if they will be open to us - of course depending on what is available...I realize a request is just that and not guaranteed.

THANKS!
Now you are REALLY taxing my memory here, but I do recall someone posting about how the family member discount works with Starwood (might have been here, might have been on TUG). If I recall correctly, it is a little restrictive in letting you choose accomodations - it's kind of like when I used to work for an airline and got flight discounts BUT you only got seats if there were no other paying customers (last choice, but great 75% discount if you could get it). In this case being family gets you in the back door so to speak. Does that sound right?

That said, it can NEVER hurt to ask! I would send in the form, and the worst they will do is ignore your request, or simply tell you they can't fulfill it. The best they can do is meet your request.

And don't worry over it. Even the worst unit at SVR is better than the best unit at many area properties!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #858
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-aka-papabear View Post
We are two weeks away from our arrival @ SVR.

Can we use the diamond lane and make requests if we are exchanging thru RCI. If we can use Diamond Lane , which section would be recommended for us, 2 adults and 2 kids (3/10)

Thanks for your help.
Hi Joe!

By all means you can use it! We are RCI, and I only use Diamond Lane when we trade back into our own resort. If I'm staying as an owner in our own week I already know what unit we'll be in.

Now I use DL to request a different section each time, because I won't be satisfied until I've tried them all. It is very difficult to suggest a section for a first timer; I would accept run of the resort your first time - but be careful of certain buildings when checking in. Read back a bit on this thread, I've written up my opinion on less ideal buildings a couple of times. On your first visit take an hour or two to wander around the resort and figure out other sections you might want to try; then DL request them next time.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #859
saysay
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Now you are REALLY taxing my memory here, but I do recall someone posting about how the family member discount works with Starwood (might have been here, might have been on TUG). If I recall correctly, it is a little restrictive in letting you choose accomodations - it's kind of like when I used to work for an airline and got flight discounts BUT you only got seats if there were no other paying customers (last choice, but great 75% discount if you could get it). In this case being family gets you in the back door so to speak. Does that sound right?

That said, it can NEVER hurt to ask! I would send in the form, and the worst they will do is ignore your request, or simply tell you they can't fulfill it. The best they can do is meet your request.

And don't worry over it. Even the worst unit at SVR is better than the best unit at many area properties!
Thanks! You know our last trip we stayed at the Swan ..... and they gave us an AMAZING ROOM VIEW..... I will email them a few days before our trip with request...all we want is top floor! It never hurts and you never know ....you get what you get...so enjoy it! ;-) With my research so far appears, nothing is bad... YAY I cannot wait!

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:16 PM   #860
jess98ac
DIS Veteran

We are checking in on 5/3. I did DL about 10 days ago, but haven't heard back...when should I worry?

1986-1996 4 trips all offsite; 1997 All Star Sports; 1999 offsite again; 2001 Disneyland CA; 2002 one day at Epcot; 2003 Westgage Vacation Villas; 2005 offsite (last hooorah has a bachelorette!);2006 Pop Century; 2007 POR; 2009 OKW; 2011 Westgate Vacation Villages; 2013 Sheraton Vistana Resort; 2015 WBC
jess98ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:20 AM   #861
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone,

I've read through a lot of these pages and find the information so helpful I do have a few questions about exchanging into this Resort through RCI. I would appreciate the help of anyone who has access to the RCI weeks membership. I had asked a few questions on Tug but honestly I feel more comfortable on the DIS.

(1) I posted a question on Tug and a poster there said that there is availability in Dec 2013 through RCI weeks for Sheraton Vistana Resort and Sheraton Vistana Resort - Fountains. I didn't know that the Fountains section was a separately bookable "category." Is this right?

(2) Would someone be kind enough to let me know whether there is "ample" availability to be booked at SVR or SVR Fountains for Dec 6/7/8 check in for this year?

(3) What is the TPU requirement for a 2 bdrm at SVR, for Dec 6/7/8?

(4) If it takes us a month to get an RCI account set up, do you think SVR would still have availability to be booked for early December? Does availability go fast?

My father in law is willing to let us deposit his week in RCI to use this December for our Orlando trip. He does not yet have a RCI account. I'm trying to do as much research as I can to determine whether it is worth setting an account up for him since we will be paying all the RCI fees (Guest cert, annual fee, exchange fee).

With the fees, is it worth it to go through RCI? How much would it cost to rent a week (on average) through an owner?

Thanks!
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:12 AM   #862
got4boys
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpooh108 View Post

(1) I posted a question on Tug and a poster there said that there is availability in Dec 2013 through RCI weeks for Sheraton Vistana Resort and Sheraton Vistana Resort - Fountains. I didn't know that the Fountains section was a separately bookable "category." Is this right?

(2) Would someone be kind enough to let me know whether there is "ample" availability to be booked at SVR or SVR Fountains for Dec 6/7/8 check in for this year?

(3) What is the TPU requirement for a 2 bdrm at SVR, for Dec 6/7/8?

(4) If it takes us a month to get an RCI account set up, do you think SVR would still have availability to be booked for early December? Does availability go fast?

My father in law is willing to let us deposit his week in RCI to use this December for our Orlando trip. He does not yet have a RCI account. I'm trying to do as much research as I can to determine whether it is worth setting an account up for him since we will be paying all the RCI fees (Guest cert, annual fee, exchange fee).

With the fees, is it worth it to go through RCI? How much would it cost to rent a week (on average) through an owner?

Thanks!
(2) Yes there is ample availability currently for those dates.

(3) - At Sheraton Vistana -
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Fri 06-Dec-2013 Fri 13-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 22
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Fri 06-Dec-2013 Fri 13-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24
Studio 4 (2) Full Sat 07-Dec-2013 Sat 14-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 20
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sat 07-Dec-2013 Sat 14-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 22
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Sat 07-Dec-2013 Sat 14-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24
2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Sat 07-Dec-2013 Sat 14-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24
1 Bedroom 4 (4) Full Sun 08-Dec-2013 Sun 15-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 22
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Sun 08-Dec-2013 Sun 15-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24
2 Bedrooms 6 (6) Full Sun 08-Dec-2013 Sun 15-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24

At Fountains
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Fri 06-Dec-2013 Fri 13-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Sat 07-Dec-2013 Sat 14-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24
2 Bedrooms 8 (6) Full Sun 08-Dec-2013 Sun 15-Dec-2013 Exchange Fee 24

(4) There should be availability. Hopefully your father in law has a unit with enough TPUs when deposited into RCI.

RCI membership fee is $89 per year, exchange fee is $199 and guest certificate fee is $59 - So just to go through RCI - $349.

(5) Most owners at Sheraton Vistana would like to just cover their maintanenace fees - usually between $750 to $950
got4boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #863
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

Hi! We booked on hotwire secret hotel for 1 night 5/11 and the location is Vistana, this is a 1 bedroom which looks like is likely Cascades, right? We live in the Tampa area and drive up with some frequency for weekends, have been reading this thread today and am very excited now for this stay. We have a 15 and 12 year old, who I am sure will want to try out pool(s). How far would it be to a pool with a water slide from Cascades (assuming that's where we end up?)? Thanks for any info!

& Lucky
2girlsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #864
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsmom View Post
Hi! We booked on hotwire secret hotel for 1 night 5/11 and the location is Vistana, this is a 1 bedroom which looks like is likely Cascades, right?
Just to confirm.....your Hotwire purchase was for the Vistana RESORT? (remember there are two Vistanas in the area.....the "Resort" and the "Villages").

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! Visit my trip report in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #865
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Quote:
Hi! We booked on hotwire secret hotel for 1 night 5/11 and the location is Vistana, this is a 1 bedroom which looks like is likely Cascades, right? We live in the Tampa area and drive up with some frequency for weekends, have been reading this thread today and am very excited now for this stay. We have a 15 and 12 year old, who I am sure will want to try out pool(s). How far would it be to a pool with a water slide from Cascades (assuming that's where we end up?)? Thanks for any info!
The Falls section has a slide and it is a very nice 2-5 mins walk. The Falls pool is very close to the Super Pool and Zimmies'. Zimmies' is right across the street from the Marketplace, which is pretty much surrounded by Cascades. (There is a Resort map somewhere in this thread)

My family of four stayed in a Cascades 1 BR in 2011 and loved it. We walked over to the falls pool many times.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:43 AM   #866
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Hello! I stayed in a 1 br in the Cascades section in 2010 and it was beautiful! You won't be disappointed! The pool is a quick walk, you will be there in a couple minutes. Enjoy!

Also, can I ask how Hotwire works?? I've never used them, and we need a hotel for the 2 extra nights before our stay at the Sheraton starts. How much did you pay per night? Do you remember which deal you picked? I'd love to try to get it! Thanks.

Last edited by mrsap; 04-27-2013 at 07:41 AM.
mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #867
MDsMomma
Mouseketeer

I'm trying to read through this whole thread to find my answers but I'm still looking for answers to these questions..

Are there 1 or 2 zero entry pools? Where are they located?

Are there kids pools/splash pads? Where are they located?

What exactly is the diamond lane? I can submit my requests online and then I check in at a special line.. can I use this since I traded in with RCI?

I was reading about some rooms having twins beds in the bedroom. We booked a 2 bedroom which is suppose to sleep up to 8. Do you have to specify this somewhere?

Less then 4 weeks to go and I hate that this is a new resort I know nothing about the OCD planner who normally stays on property is coming out in me!
Sept 2013 AKL - Kidani & AOA April 2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
MDsMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:30 AM   #868
2girlsmom
DIS Veteran

I booked at Hotwire for $85 per night, on the mystery rate, the deal with Hotwire is to get a good price, you don't know where the hotel is until after you book so you are booking on how many stars, general location, etc. Mine was Lake Buena Vista condo for $85 per night, and then after I booked it they told me Vistana resort. Yes, I checked between villages and resort, but it did clearly show as resort. I marked as 4 star or higher properties, and then looked for whether it has a resort fee, just cause I like to know that.

& Lucky
2girlsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:27 PM   #869
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Cascades or Lakes. Both sections have 1BR units. The slide is located at the Falls pool, an easy walk from Cascades, a bit farther from Lakes. The water slide may be too small for a 12/15yo. It really is intended for smaller kiddos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDsMomma View Post
I'm trying to read through this whole thread to find my answers but I'm still looking for answers to these questions..

Are there 1 or 2 zero entry pools? Where are they located?

Are there kids pools/splash pads? Where are they located?

What exactly is the diamond lane? I can submit my requests online and then I check in at a special line.. can I use this since I traded in with RCI?

I was reading about some rooms having twins beds in the bedroom. We booked a 2 bedroom which is suppose to sleep up to 8. Do you have to specify this somewhere?

Less then 4 weeks to go and I hate that this is a new resort I know nothing about the OCD planner who normally stays on property is coming out in me!
There are 2 zero entry pools; Cascades and Fountains. Technically Cascades isn't zero entry, there is a single step down of about 6 inches (into about 2 inches of water).

There are no kid specific pools. The two kid friendly pools mentioned above have spray fountains in the very shallow areas; quite similar to a splash pad but there are in standing water.

Diamond Lane allows you to pre-register and make special requests before you arrive. It is open to anyone; just use your RCI member number where the form asks for confirmation number. There is a separate DL checkin line, but pay special attention. There are more clerks on the regular line, so it moves quicker, you could find yourself waiting longer for the "special attention". Note that special requests are best effort; the resort may not be able to honor a request for a particular section/area/unit.

There are two sections that have singles in the second bedroom; Courts and Falls. Courts lowers and Falls units are sleeps 6, but the Courts uppers sleep 8. If you are using D/L form you can request 2 double/full beds in the 2nd bedroom.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #870
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
I booked at Hotwire for $85 per night, on the mystery rate, the deal with Hotwire is to get a good price, you don't know where the hotel is until after you book so you are booking on how many stars, general location, etc. Mine was Lake Buena Vista condo for $85 per night, and then after I booked it they told me Vistana resort. Yes, I checked between villages and resort, but it did clearly show as resort. I marked as 4 star or higher properties, and then looked for whether it has a resort fee, just cause I like to know that.
Thank you so much! What a great price you got!! Did it say "LAKE BUENA VISTA - DOWNTOWN DISNEY AREA CONDO" or just Lake Buena Vista Condo? I will be keeping an eye and hope to get the same!!! Not sure if there is anything comparable that I would be happy with in the area, but i'll hope for the best. Thanks again!

mrsap is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: