The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 12:38 PM   #676
Tinky624
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post
Not sure if its been asked, but do all rooms have free Wifi? if so is the signal strength any good? Will be coming with iPhone4 from UK and don't fancy having data roaming on.
Yes. There is a book in your room that lists the amenities which has the directions/password for using the free wifi. Was very simple to do for our iPads and iPhones.
Disney Fairy Tale Wedding 4/8/2000, Honeymoon DCL-Wonder 4/00, Polynesian 4/00, Magic Eastern 6/2001, Magic Western 5/2003, Magic Eastern 5/2004, Grand Californian 5/2005, Magic Double Dip 6/2006 , Thomson Safari in Tanzania (thru DVC) 7/2008 , Magic Western 7/2009 **brought home a "little souvenir" , Dream 6/2011, Dream 12/2012, Wonder Western 3/2013, Updated Magic 12/2013, Grand Californian 3/2014, Wonder 12/2014
Please stand clear of the doors - "Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas"
Tinky624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #677
Tinky624
Mouseketeer

Would like to share my thoughts on this years trip to Vistana. We were very impressed with the quality of services all around this year! It appears they took the suggestions from the owners and made customer service job one!
They brought back the poolside service for drinks and food which we greatly missed in years past. The discounted refillable beer steins and soda sports bottles made a return appearance. Our room was ready early and we requested a crib and a brand new crib was set up in our villa before we were done unloading the cars. They also brought back room service from Zimmies which we also missed in resent years! The quality of the bingo prizes was excellent! I think it's great that you can even win a two night stay as the grand prize! So I will step off my soap box as long as they continue with this type of service!

Disney Fairy Tale Wedding 4/8/2000, Honeymoon DCL-Wonder 4/00, Polynesian 4/00, Magic Eastern 6/2001, Magic Western 5/2003, Magic Eastern 5/2004, Grand Californian 5/2005, Magic Double Dip 6/2006 , Thomson Safari in Tanzania (thru DVC) 7/2008 , Magic Western 7/2009 **brought home a "little souvenir" , Dream 6/2011, Dream 12/2012, Wonder Western 3/2013, Updated Magic 12/2013, Grand Californian 3/2014, Wonder 12/2014
Please stand clear of the doors - "Por favor, mantenganse alejados de las puertas"
Tinky624 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 09:09 AM   #678
mygirlkristi
Earning My Ears

Vistana :)

We are owners at Vistana. We have a deeded unit for week 10 - which is lovely - it is Palms 671 - a top floor unit with a lovely tropical fountain view from the closed in porch. Palms is toward the back of the resort - but not at all far from things as there are walkways that get you to the Zimmie's area in mere minutes. And it is so peaceful and quiet. I've always been happy there. We were back in Palms last November, and the recent renovations are gorgeous.

Now that the kids are older, week 10 isn't easy for us - and we've been trading our week to go later in the year. We're headed back to Vistana next April and I'm wondering if we should go to where we KNOW it's nice - Palms - or try something else. We really like the Cascades pool - but I'm not sure if we'd want to stay over there or not.

One year, I think during a renovation, we had to stay over in Courts. The Courts location is great - but I hated the layout of those condos. I was very unhappy the whole week with our accomodations. We had a two bedroom with a loft. I didn't like the loft at all as noise traveled up - and we really missed our beautiful enclosed porch that we love so much at Palms. So, I know for sure that Courts is out for me.

What other sections do people like - and what is nice about them, in your opinion?

Last edited by mygirlkristi; 07-09-2012 at 09:14 AM.
mygirlkristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #679
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygirlkristi View Post
We are owners at Vistana. We have a deeded unit for week 10 - which is lovely - it is Palms 671 - a top floor unit with a lovely tropical fountain view from the closed in porch. Palms is toward the back of the resort - but not at all far from things as there are walkways that get you to the Zimmie's area in mere minutes. And it is so peaceful and quiet. I've always been happy there. We were back in Palms last November, and the recent renovations are gorgeous.

Now that the kids are older, week 10 isn't easy for us - and we've been trading our week to go later in the year. We're headed back to Vistana next April and I'm wondering if we should go to where we KNOW it's nice - Palms - or try something else. We really like the Cascades pool - but I'm not sure if we'd want to stay over there or not.

One year, I think during a renovation, we had to stay over in Courts. The Courts location is great - but I hated the layout of those condos. I was very unhappy the whole week with our accomodations. We had a two bedroom with a loft. I didn't like the loft at all as noise traveled up - and we really missed our beautiful enclosed porch that we love so much at Palms. So, I know for sure that Courts is out for me.

What other sections do people like - and what is nice about them, in your opinion?
We own week 10 in Courts; also an upper. We don't tend to use our loft area for anything more than an extra sitting area so never really noticed the noise. Agree that Iwould like the back deck to be screened in tho; only section at Vistana without screening (although we still haven't seen our unit since refurb - so maybe changed?)

If I could have any section at Vistana it would be Spas. In the quietest part of the resort, but with easy access to all the amenities. Very similar units to your Palms villa. Only down-side there is that Spas is a Friday check-in which isn't very convenient for fly-ins like us.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:15 PM   #680
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

We like the Fountains I area. We always ask for a top floor unti with a water view that is an easy walk to the Fountains pool. One of my favorite rooms at the Vistana is the lovely screened in lanai. We spend a lot of time on the lanai/screened in porch. I enjoy being outside and looking at the pond/water feature.
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:32 PM   #681
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

I'll give my plug for Spas.... loved the floorplan and screened balcony. Next door to Super Pool, across the street from Cascades. Next door to Zimmies as well. When I requested I didn't think I'd get it because it's a deeded area and we were staying for 11 nights (so not your typical 7 nights), but we did. Loved it there. I'd move in if I could.
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:42 PM   #682
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Dreams Unlimited Rate Question

Has anyone used the rate code from Dreams for a two week stay? I used it last year, but, for only one week.

When I go to the Starwood reservation site, using the Dreams promo code, it only allows me to select a maximum of 10 days worth.

Has anyone found another discount possibility? We're looking to book a two bedroom for this September...(four weeks from now.)

FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #683
Jim1
Earning My Ears

Another question, is there anywhere within the grounds (bar area?) that show sporting events? Looking for football (soccer) games while I'm over there as my team Celtic have the majority of their games televised?

Over here the games are mostly on Sky Sports/ESPN

Thanks in advance for any help or if you could point me in the direction of someone who may know
Jim1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #684
mrsap
Disney World '86, '04, '05, '06, '10, '12, '13, stb '14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1
Another question, is there anywhere within the grounds (bar area?) that show sporting events? Looking for football (soccer) games while I'm over there as my team Celtic have the majority of their games televised?

Thanks in advance for any help or if you could point me in the direction of someone who may know
Try Zimmies... Here's the description...

Zimmie's Casual Eatery & Sports Bar
Zimmies offers you our Edy's Ice Cream Shoppe, delectable snacks, fresh salad, burgers, kid's meals and creative sandwiches. Cocktails are available at Zimmie's sports Bar with service alongside the Super Pool. Watch your favorite games on our 5 TV's and state-of-the-art satellite system.

Sports Bar open 11 AM to 11:00 PM

Featured Events

All-you-can-eat Family BBQ: 5–8 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday
Barbecue chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, baked beans, corn-on-the-cob and all the fixings
Karaoke Showtime from 7 - 11 p.m.
ZIMMIE'S CASUAL EATERY & SPORTS BAR
Cuisine: American
Setting: Poolside
Smoking Permitted: No
Hours: 8:00 AM- 9:00 PM

Have fun!

mrsap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #685
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1 View Post

I think you'll have a great deal of difficulty finding British football on American TV at Vistana. The worldwide sport just isn't covered much in the US. If they show Celtic matches on an internet site you may find that bringing a laptop would best serve your purposes.

Maybe someone will come along to direct you to a British bar in the greater Orlando area.

Good luck!

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:07 AM   #686
mrsap

Anyone going to be at the Vistana in November?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #687
JSweetman
a.k.a. The Beast

November 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsap View Post
Anyone going to be at the Vistana in November?
We're arriving the day after Thanksgiving for a week. First time at Vistana.
December 2003: Polynesian Nov/Dec 2007: Coronado Springs October 2008: Port Orleans Riverside
Aug/Sep 2010: Boardwalk Villas & Disney Wonder November 2012: Sheraton Vistana
JSweetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:27 AM   #688
mrsap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSweetman

We're arriving the day after Thanksgiving for a week. First time at Vistana.
Same here! This will be our 3rd time at The Vistana, you won't be disappointed! We saw it before the renovations and it's a huge difference! Very modern and clean! Our first time with two little ones so it should be interesting! Maybe we will see you there! Enjoy!

Old 09-01-2012, 01:27 PM   #689
SweetMimi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63

With Saturday check-in and need for double beds, the only section you have ruled out is Courts. Falls and Spas are also out because they are Sun and Fri respectively. You can still be in Palms or Springs for the "older" sections and Cascades, Fountains (I/II) or Lakes for the newer.
We actually got the Fountains area and couldn't have been happier. My three guys are all older teens and they had no trouble sharing the second bedroom. The renovations are gorgeous. All of the granite,rich looking woods and comforting colors were wonderful . My favorite things were the adjustable recessed lighting and the nice kitchen window. We were steps away from the pool area. There was a volleyball court,basketball court and skeetball (I think its called) all within steps of the villa. The boys played basketball several times per day and always met other kids to play games with. I own at Orange Lake but anytime I want to change things up we always choose Vistana. Great place.

Spring Break April '08
Thanksgiving November '09
Summer '10
Summer '11/ 20th Anniversary Trip
Spring Break '12
Spring Break '13
SweetMimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:01 AM   #690
FrankieDplus3
Can't wait to go back!

Checked-in to Vistana Resort yesterday. 4 adults, 4 kids. We are in a Springs 2-bedroom, third floor, backing onto the pool.

Resort update: Zimmie's bar (renovations) and the Super Pool (re-surfacing) will be closing Sept 8th. I was told by the bartender it would be closed for a couple months.

The Springs pool and hot tub have added handicap assisted lifts (not sure what they are called, but they will help those that need it into and out of the pool/hot tub). A great idea for those that need them, not so great when you see kids using them as a "toy". Some with their parents watching.??

Let me know if you want any other information while I'm here. I'll do my best to update what I can. I'm here for 2 weeks.
FrankieDplus3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: