The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 AM   #616
AUTUMNSAM
Earning My Ears

Thanks, here in upstate NY they mean the same thing too!
Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #617
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Alas, no. The Courts section is the grand dame of the Vistana Resort, built back in the day when no one knew what a timeshare could be. The 2nd BR in both uppers and lowers are only big enough for 2 singles; that was plenty big enough for housing your budding tennis stars back in the 70's. FWIW, the resort was originally intended as a tennis getaway (thus the Courts section). The 13 tennis courts are part of the original resort and "belong" to the Courts section.

I don't think so. To be honest I am not sure if "full" signifies double or queen. According to the Starwood site, Lakes, Cascades and Fountains (I & II) list 2 "full" beds in the 2nd BR, whereas the other sections Springs, Palms, Spas list Double beds. To my mind, they are the same size
Up here in the great white North, "full" would be the same as "double", but you 'mercuns are so much different from us....

nu
I am at vistana right now and cascade second room is definitely 2 doubles.

As for noise we are on the top floor of cascades 4 right across from the market & pool. We wanted to be close to everything. The only noise problem we have had is with the family below who hang on the balcony at night speaking extremely loud in spanish. No noise at all from the 'front' side at all.

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

Last edited by BKMETV; 05-03-2012 at 06:52 AM.
BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #618
AUTUMNSAM
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKMETV View Post

nu
I am at vistana right now and cascade second room is definitely 2 doubles.

As for noise we are on the top floor of cascades 4 right across from the market & pool. We wanted to be close to everything. The only noise problem we have had is with the family below who hang on the balcony at night speaking extremely loud in spanish. No noise at all from the 'front' side at all.

THANKS!!!!! For the current update. Looks like they all are double/fuels no queens.

I appreciate the info!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #619
*disgal*
Member since August 1999 Loves Main Street, U.S.A.

I'm from Pennsylvania and full and double mean the same thing there too. I wish hotels would stop using the "full" word to describe their beds. To me, it's a word that means "complete". So it's like the hotel is saying, "we have full beds here...the hotel down the street only has partials."..... :D Makes no sense.

And interesting history about Vistana...thanks. There seem to be a lot of resorts in Orlando that have tennis courts. I don't think tennis when I think Florida. Or if I do, I think about me fainting after playing tennis in the fl heat. lol
*Oct 1996 Dixie Landings(POR),we finally get a honeymoon*Oct 2000 Dixie Landings(POR)/WL*Sept/Oct 2001 ASMovies*Dec 2002 WL Concierge,surprise trip for hubby*Sept 2004 Vistana Resort,2 week trip cut short for Hurricane Jeanne*Dec 2005 Radisson Resort Celebration/Vistana Resort/Cypress Pointe GV,17 nt. trip*August 2006 POR-free dining,10 nts.*August 2007 Orbit One, 2 week trip*April 2009 Windsor Hills 3 bedroom condo *Aug 2009 4 Bdrm Pool Home*April 2010 4 NT Cruise on Wonder*April 2011 Vistana Resort*April 2012 Vistana Resort*April 2013 Vistana Resort*April 2014 3 bdrm Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
*disgal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #620
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *disgal* View Post
And interesting history about Vistana...thanks. There seem to be a lot of resorts in Orlando that have tennis courts. I don't think tennis when I think Florida. Or if I do, I think about me fainting after playing tennis in the fl heat. lol
Completely off topic...

Florida may well be the tennis capital of the world. Along with other such lesser known facilities, Nick Bollettieri's tennis academy is located in Florida, Bradenton I think. That academy continues to attract many of the world's best young players. The Williams sisters, Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis, Andre Agassi and literally hundreds of other current and former tour players lived and trained there as youngsters. Some of the timeshare resorts in the Orlando area feature access to golf courses (Grande Vista comes quickly to mind) while others, at least originally, featured tennis courts (Vistana Resort and Orange Lake are a couple that really emphasized tennis) but most timeshare resorts have tennis courts. While I've never been more than a woeful player, I used to bring my racket with me on vacation and have played - and dehydrated - at several timeshare resorts in the area.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #621
AUTUMNSAM
Earning My Ears

A parking question, is there a fee to park at the resort for timeshare traders? What about a second vehicle?

We will have 2 vehicles for a 2 bedroom.
Thanks
Judy
Old 05-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #622
soxfan11901
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTUMNSAM View Post
A parking question, is there a fee to park at the resort for timeshare traders? What about a second vehicle?

We will have 2 vehicles for a 2 bedroom.
Thanks
Judy
There are no parking fees. We had two cars on our recent stay, just make sure you get two parking permits upon checkin.
soxfan11901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:32 AM   #623
AUTUMNSAM
Earning My Ears

Great thanks! Just stayed Easter week at a trade in Virginia Beach and we paid $49 for the week.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #624
*disgal*
Member since August 1999 Loves Main Street, U.S.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
Completely off topic...

Florida may well be the tennis capital of the world. Along with other such lesser known facilities, Nick Bollettieri's tennis academy is located in Florida, Bradenton I think. That academy continues to attract many of the world's best young players. The Williams sisters, Maria Sharapova, Martina Hingis, Andre Agassi and literally hundreds of other current and former tour players lived and trained there as youngsters. Some of the timeshare resorts in the Orlando area feature access to golf courses (Grande Vista comes quickly to mind) while others, at least originally, featured tennis courts (Vistana Resort and Orange Lake are a couple that really emphasized tennis) but most timeshare resorts have tennis courts. While I've never been more than a woeful player, I used to bring my racket with me on vacation and have played - and dehydrated - at several timeshare resorts in the area.

Dick Taylor
Dick, YES, that's what I mean. but kuddos to you for doing it!

Yeah, I definitely think golf when I think florida. But that's probably just because my dad was a golfer, even tried out for the senior tour one year. I used to play tennis too. I guess it wouldn't be bad in the off season or on a cooler day during our April trips.
*Oct 1996 Dixie Landings(POR),we finally get a honeymoon*Oct 2000 Dixie Landings(POR)/WL*Sept/Oct 2001 ASMovies*Dec 2002 WL Concierge,surprise trip for hubby*Sept 2004 Vistana Resort,2 week trip cut short for Hurricane Jeanne*Dec 2005 Radisson Resort Celebration/Vistana Resort/Cypress Pointe GV,17 nt. trip*August 2006 POR-free dining,10 nts.*August 2007 Orbit One, 2 week trip*April 2009 Windsor Hills 3 bedroom condo *Aug 2009 4 Bdrm Pool Home*April 2010 4 NT Cruise on Wonder*April 2011 Vistana Resort*April 2012 Vistana Resort*April 2013 Vistana Resort*April 2014 3 bdrm Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort
*disgal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #625
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by *disgal* View Post
Dick, YES, that's what I mean. but kuddos to you for doing it!

Yeah, I definitely think golf when I think florida. But that's probably just because my dad was a golfer, even tried out for the senior tour one year. I used to play tennis too. I guess it wouldn't be bad in the off season or on a cooler day during our April trips.
If you do want to play, Vistana is a great place to do it. Thirteen well lit courts (clay and hard surface) should mean no waiting. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 courts in action at any one time.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:39 AM   #626
mog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you do want to play, Vistana is a great place to do it. Thirteen well lit courts (clay and hard surface) should mean no waiting. I've never seen more than 2 or 3 courts in action at any one time.
Do you bring your own rackets, etc or do they have them there?
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:23 PM   #627
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mog View Post
Do you bring your own rackets, etc or do they have them there?
Not actually being a tennis player, I had to look it up. Here is what Starwood says:

Quote:
The Sheraton Vistana Tennis Club is located adjacent to the Main Activities Center. The Tennis Club features 13 lighted courts (9 clay and 4 hard) that are open daily from 8am until 10pm. There is no reservation required and courts are free of charge. Racquets, balls and a ball machine are available for rent at the Main Activities Center located next to the courts. Teaching professionals and group clinics are available through reservations, and a free Discover Tennis Clinic is held every Sunday morning.
I don't know what the rental rates are. Might be worth a call to the resort to find out if you are interested.

Enjoy!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #628
AUTUMNSAM
Earning My Ears

Anybody just return with some recent pics and review?

I sent my pre-registration and requests in, so now it's just waiting time we check in 2 weeks from today! Getting a little excited.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #629
mog
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not actually being a tennis player, I had to look it up. Here is what Starwood says:

I don't know what the rental rates are. Might be worth a call to the resort to find out if you are interested.

Enjoy!

Thank you - I don't know why I didn't see that on the website...I looked around but couldn't find that info!
mog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #630
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTUMNSAM View Post
Anybody just return with some recent pics and review?

I sent my pre-registration and requests in, so now it's just waiting time we check in 2 weeks from today! Getting a little excited.
Got home today...I have a few pics of my cascade villa and the cascade pool. Would highly recommend the resort. Was there anything in particular you wanted to know?

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: