The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 AM   #556
TheKatie
The Katie

Phew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teach11 View Post
They are the closed the week of 4/16, so you should be fine.
Thanks so much!
TheKatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:07 PM   #557
Jfstorm
Dang straight I'm a Disney Dad! ARGH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeperof4 View Post
I see in your post you are considering Westgate, things may have changed over the last few years but our first visit to Florida we stayed at their facility up on Turkey Lake Rd. The unit itself was great , I am not sure if you are an owner going through exchange but unfortunately for us they made our vacation a living hell trying to sell us a timeshare. Every day even when we were at the parks they called trying to push the sales pitch to me.I do believe they have recieved another poor rating. As far as the Vistana Resort this is our second visit and I highly recommend it. Banker is usually up on these things, must be on vacation so perhaps I can be of help.
Security at this facility is top notch. They patrol area continuously and they make their presence known 24/7.The neighbor hood is the resort it self very safe as I see it They do provide a shuttle service to the theme parks but I do believe you have to book before hand and their is one in the morning and return at night. As far as the cost just call the resort directly , I have spoken with them several times and their goal is to please. They do have shuttle service throughout the resort and from my calculations they usually make the rounds every 30 minutes. As far as your teens they will love either the Fountains or the Cascades pools. They seem to all gather early in the evening and from what I could see teens get along well. If you are planning on staying at the Fountains perhaps check out my previous post there are some units that are right on the highway and may be a problem at with the traffic noise. I do not believe that there is a bad unit at this resort now, they are continuously upgrading and refurbishing units. This year are unit,as was last trip meticulous.
thanks for the info! we are booking as a sraight villa, no timeshare affiliations. it looks like we will have free shuttle service, but considering just buying 1 A/P to cover parking. i went thru the Westgate pitch a few years ago, they are persistant but i NEVER use or answer hotel phones anyway, so it would be disconnected. i do like thesound and look of Sheriton better though. anyone have reasons to choose Resort vs. Villages? other than size I cant see much difference except RESORT is closer to WDW.
DGF son 43 16
DGF son 13
and newest addition DS 1

Feb 2013: 3 night disney Dream Cruise
August 2012: me, DS, and DS 2 for a week at All Star Sports!
June 2012: Family Vacation for Star wars Weekends and Father's Day; one week at Tuscana Condo and one week at Pop Century!
April 2012: Cruise on RCI Jewel of the Seas
Feb 2012: Taking my mom and DS on a cruise Celebrity Millinium!
August 2011: me and DS to Pop Century for 2 weeks!
June 2011: First trip for DGF and sons for the whole family tripping to All Star Movies and Music for 2 weeks Father's day and Star Wars weekends!
2011: Cruises on RCI Navigator of the Seas, and Carnival Liberty.
2010: Jan: Universal Florida Off-site
April: Spring break 4-11th: Hoping HP will be open!!! using the time to pool hop WDW resorts as well. Off-site and a possible Moderate last minute night.
June: Father's Day week @ Universal for HP and Water Parks
August: Birthday trip to WDW Port Orleans Riverside
October 31st: 1st DCL Cruise!
2009:January: Pop Century and AK Lodge for after Christmas w/ GF and son
April: quick weekend @ AS movies
June: Father's day 2 weeks offsite and AS music
August: Birthday 2 weeks @ AS music
October: Halloween @ AS Sports
2008: October: Halloween offsite
2007: August: Saratoga Springs
2007: June: Beach Club Villas
2006: Motel 6 kirkman, Royal Pacific, Courtyard I-Drive
2005: Fort Wilderness Campground
2004: Pop Century and All-Star Music
1999 - 2004: All Stars more times than I can remember as Annual Passholders (at least 10)!
Jfstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-29-2012, 01:28 PM   #558
blondietink
DIS Veteran

We have stayed at both Resort and Villages. As far as being closer, yes, Resort is closer but not always the fastest to get to/from WDW because of the way the stop lights are timed and the amount of traffic. There is a need to turn left onto 535 from 536 and the light is a long wait. If you are coming from the DTD area, there are some very long lights around the on/exit ramps to I-4. Either resort and I think you will be happy.
Old 03-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #559
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

best driving route to WDW

Could someone tell me the best way to get to WDW and how long it takes?
Thanks!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #560
blondietink
DIS Veteran

Turn right out of the resort onto 535. At the first light turn right onto 536. Follow this road (go past the Marriott and over I-4) into WDW and follow the signs to the park you want to go to. That is easiest and fastest. Returning back to the resort at night, just do the opposite. Turning left from 536 onto 535 can take some time, though.

You can also turn left out of the resort onto 535 and go through a few lights (can be very long) until you get to a left turn (there are 2 lanes turning left)into the DTD area. it's not very far, but could take some time because of the lights. You will then go past the DTD hotels, parking lots, etc. There are several lights along here also that can be long and take up some time. Follow the signs to whatever park you are going to for the day.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 AM   #561
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondietink View Post
Turn right out of the resort onto 535. At the first light turn right onto 536. Follow this road (go past the Marriott and over I-4) into WDW and follow the signs to the park you want to go to. That is easiest and fastest. Returning back to the resort at night, just do the opposite. Turning left from 536 onto 535 can take some time, though.

You can also turn left out of the resort onto 535 and go through a few lights (can be very long) until you get to a left turn (there are 2 lanes turning left)into the DTD area. it's not very far, but could take some time because of the lights. You will then go past the DTD hotels, parking lots, etc. There are several lights along here also that can be long and take up some time. Follow the signs to whatever park you are going to for the day.
Thanks!
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #562
MWDMOM
Earning My Ears

Subscribe!

Thanks for the info!
MWDMOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 PM   #563
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

Review from our trip 3/24-3/31

We’re back from a lovely stay at the Vistana Resort. It was our 6th stay here (fyi - last 2 yrs we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek). We rented from an owner on Redweek.com, and utilized Diamond Lane on the SVR website. All our requests were met – 2 bedroom Fountains, away from traffic, top floor, short walk to the pool. We loved the vaulted ceiling & skylight in the living area. The renovations are FABULOUS – new appliances, upgraded bathrooms, nice furnishings, large electronic safe (big enough for a laptop plus other electronic equipment). The only minor issues were the very noisy flushing of the toilets (we were glad we were on the top floor), and firm bed pillows. Maintenance & Security at the resort were really good.

We like the solid construction, and the nice screened in balcony complete with a table, 4 chairs, ceiling fan, and an electrical outlet – my favorite room. FYI we found the wi-fi better on the balcony (FREE). The landscaping is mature, and we had a nice view of the pond below a large tree. Felt very private. The unit was a close to the pool, basketball court, shuffleboards, sand volleyball, arcade, etc. FYI - The bar in the pool area had a large glass dispenser of ice water & plastic cups so you could get water as needed. Nice touch.

Lots of things to do at the resort – many pools, hot tubs, mini golf, tennis, sand and water volleyball, shuffleboard, arcades, bars, general store, movie night at the pool, bingo, places to get food, etc. The pools have ample chairs & towels, and plenty of places to find shade if needed. One afternoon, there was a Farmers market & local craft booths set up near the General Store.

We went to 3 Disney Parks, Downtown Disney, City Walk, Sebring FL, Celebration FL, Outlet Malls, etc MK opened at 9 am the day we went. We left our room at 8 am, and made it to the front of the park in plenty of time to watch the opening show (and to Space Mtn at opening). We left our room at 8 am on the day we went to the Studios, and made it in ample time for the 8:45 am park opening (listed as 9).

Here are a few tips from our stay:
•Register for Diamond Lane check about 3-4 weeks before your visit. MUCH shorter line.
•We found a small coupon book in the Reception Area (also in bldg by the Fountains Pool) that has the Sheraton Logo on it, and says “Vacation Value Booklet”. The booklet has coupons good at the resort. We used several for FREE A&W rootbeer floats in the Fountains Food Court. We also used quite a few to get FREE bingo (you can use more than one at time).
•You can use your own putters/golf balls on the miniature golf course – so you don’t have to pay for miniature golf. My DH went to a Play It Again Sports on 192, and bought some $5 putters and balls. And the end of our trip, we gave them to a family at the pool area. The resort charges $5 per person each time to play miniature golf.
•From Rt. 535 - if you need to turn left into the resort & the traffic is heavy, drive past the SVR sign, and turn left at the traffic light near Walgreens. The road (Meadow Creek Dr) loops around to the Fountains entrance. You can turn left for the other section of the resort (Cascades, etc).
•For I-4, it can be easier to turn right out of the resort, and then take a route onto 536 to I-4.
•The shuttle service to the parks isn’t that great. I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car if you are staying here. The cost per person to the Disney parks is $9 per person (includes round trip). I have a schedule from our visit. DH used it once to travel to Epcot one way. (FYI departure & return times are pretty limited). I’ll try to scan it next week and post it.
•The resort provides transportation to the other areas of the resort. They ask that you call 30 minutes before you need the shuttle for a ride. I believe they use golf carts for this service (we just walked or drove).
•Security is excellent. We were asked to show our key when we entered the gated areas of the resort.
•My DS is a runner, and found plenty of shaded paths for his morning runs.
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #564
BrerMama
DIS Veteran

Great info TTFN! Thanks for posting it!
May/June 2007 Port Orleans Riverside
May/June 2004 Port Orleans Riverside
December 2000 Walt Disney World Offsite
BrerMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #565
BKMETV
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttfn3 View Post
We’re back from a lovely stay at the Vistana Resort. It was our 6th stay here (fyi - last 2 yrs we stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek). We rented from an owner on Redweek.com, and utilized Diamond Lane on the SVR website. All our requests were met – 2 bedroom Fountains, away from traffic, top floor, short walk to the pool. We loved the vaulted ceiling & skylight in the living area. The renovations are FABULOUS – new appliances, upgraded bathrooms, nice furnishings, large electronic safe (big enough for a laptop plus other electronic equipment). The only minor issues were the very noisy flushing of the toilets (we were glad we were on the top floor), and firm bed pillows. Maintenance & Security at the resort were really good.

We like the solid construction, and the nice screened in balcony complete with a table, 4 chairs, ceiling fan, and an electrical outlet – my favorite room. FYI we found the wi-fi better on the balcony (FREE). The landscaping is mature, and we had a nice view of the pond below a large tree. Felt very private. The unit was a close to the pool, basketball court, shuffleboards, sand volleyball, arcade, etc. FYI - The bar in the pool area had a large glass dispenser of ice water & plastic cups so you could get water as needed. Nice touch.

Lots of things to do at the resort – many pools, hot tubs, mini golf, tennis, sand and water volleyball, shuffleboard, arcades, bars, general store, movie night at the pool, bingo, places to get food, etc. The pools have ample chairs & towels, and plenty of places to find shade if needed. One afternoon, there was a Farmers market & local craft booths set up near the General Store.

We went to 3 Disney Parks, Downtown Disney, City Walk, Sebring FL, Celebration FL, Outlet Malls, etc MK opened at 9 am the day we went. We left our room at 8 am, and made it to the front of the park in plenty of time to watch the opening show (and to Space Mtn at opening). We left our room at 8 am on the day we went to the Studios, and made it in ample time for the 8:45 am park opening (listed as 9).

•Register for Diamond Lane check about 3-4 weeks before your visit. MUCH shorter line.
•We found a small coupon book in the Reception Area (also in bldg by the Fountains Pool) that has the Sheraton Logo on it, and says “Vacation Value Booklet”. The booklet has coupons good at the resort. We used several for FREE A&W rootbeer floats in the Fountains Food Court. We also used quite a few to get FREE bingo (you can use more than one at time).
•You can use your own putters/golf balls on the miniature golf course – so you don’t have to pay for miniature golf. My DH went to a Play It Again Sports on 192, and bought some $5 putters and balls. And the end of our trip, we gave them to a family at the pool area. The resort charges $5 per person each time to play miniature golf.
•From Rt. 535 - if you need to turn left into the resort & the traffic is heavy, drive past the SVR sign, and turn left at the traffic light near Walgreens. The road (Meadow Creek Dr) loops around to the Fountains entrance. You can turn left for the other section of the resort (Cascades, etc).
•For I-4, it can be easier to turn right out of the resort, and then take a route onto 536 to I-4.
•The shuttle service to the parks isn’t that great. I would HIGHLY recommend renting a car if you are staying here. The cost per person to the Disney parks is $9 per person (includes round trip). I have a schedule from our visit. DH used it once to travel to Epcot one way. (FYI departure & return times are pretty limited). I’ll try to scan it next week and post it.
•The resort provides transportation to the other areas of the resort. They ask that you call 30 minutes before you need the shuttle for a ride. I believe they use golf carts for this service (we just walked or drove).
•Security is excellent. We were asked to show our key when we entered the gated areas of the resort.
Thanks for the review...we head down in just over 3 weeks.

- Me - DH - DS 14 - DD 12

BKMETV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #566
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks We leave in a week. Did you say the wi-fi is free?
Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 AM   #567
ttfn3
Wish I were on Sanibel Island!!

Yes - we had free wi-fi in our room. The reception was a bit slow in our unit. We found excellent reception on the balcony. When we checked in, we were given a password to use to login. We were able to get wi-fi on all our electronic devices.
ttfn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:45 AM   #568
mizliz
Mouseketeer

Smile Food & Beverage Credit

Howdy,

This thread has been a big help as I plan my trip, thanks everyone! There is one topic I haven't seen covered yet. We booked directly with Sheraton and got a package that included the 4th night free, as well as a $100 food & beverage credit. The Sheraton site is pretty vague about where the credit can be used. I think it's safe to assume we could spend it at the restaurants, food court, etc. Ideally I'd like to use it to stock up on in-room snaks and drinks from the Marketplace, since we'll rarely be at the resort at mealtimes. (We're die-hard Disney commandos and will be at the parks from open to close!) But if I can get coffee, soda, granola bars, yogurt, etc. it would be helpful.

Has anyone else booked and stayed with this promo? Anyone know if the credit would be good at the Marketplace?

Thanks!
mizliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:50 PM   #569
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes - we had free wi-fi in our room. The reception was a bit slow in our unit. We found excellent reception on the balcony. When we checked in, we were given a password to use to login. We were able to get wi-fi on all our electronic devices.
Thank you
I need to let my DISer friends know if TT is open next week
Crossing my fingers!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #570
mizliz
Mouseketeer

diamond lane question

Hi I submitted my diamond lane a couple of weeks ago and haven't heard anything back. We will be arriving on April 27. Should I follow up with an email and if so, to what address?

Also if anyone has insight on my previous question (a few posts back) I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!
mizliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: