Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 PM   #61
maroo
DIS Veteran

I am glad you posted a picture of you!!

You guys all look great and those shirts are great, too!!
Old 03-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #62
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Lin View Post
Perhaps if the kids saw some youtube clips of the "dark" rides, they would be more willing. Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Cat in the Hat (IOA) and such are far from scary. Stich's Great Escape could be scary as could Men in Black Alien Attack. Pirates is not really scary. Haunted Mansion could be. Journey to Atlantis is only scary because the last falls are steep and fast and unexpected.

Glow in the dark sticks help on dark rides.
Hey Bill,

Thanks for the youtube tip.

I think Peter Pan and Winnie would be ok. DH is making one of your ride charts and we're narrowing down which 5 we will do - but it's hard!

Both my kids have VERY sharp memories so scary images stay with them for a LONG time. DD still has fears and anxiety from a couple of nightmares a couple of years ago - won't put her body anywhere near the bathtub drain due to it enlarging and swallowing us all "hole" (heh heh heh).

The POTC is out due to the skeletons, canon fire, guns, and other situations I'd rather not explain. Of course, DD is reading about The War of the Roses and was horrified about the beheadings in the London Tower. The French Revolution has her head in a spin too. *ahem*

HM is *definitely out* - no ghosts of any kind thanks very much. She is intrigued by the stretching room, but the graveyard would do her in.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2009, 11:04 PM   #63
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

That should be enough for now!!

Sorry to hear about everything. hopefully DD will get better and DS's cold will subside. I agree with the PP with the meds, oj and rest.

Dont hesitate to call me. Even if you just need a few mins. I ALWAYS have my cell with me. you would believe how many times i get phone calls in public restrooms. Everyone calls me then.

Take a breather!! a bubble bath or something. just to relax. Cant wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

BTW I am using the autograph book swap stuff!!

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 03-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #64
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

From A. Boettcher - a Big Give friend from up north, eh. ( I can do this - my cousins all live in BC!)

She sent DD and DS some fabric crayon roll up carriers, coloring books and a book for DS.

Elsa went gaga over the colorful rainbow ric-rack edging and lovely pink Minnie fabric.

In case you're wondering, Elsa fell at school playing soccer at recess the day before these pics were taken. Or maybe it was the same day? Can you tell I'm sleep deprived yet? She landed directly on her nose - she said it squashed down. So lucky she didn't break it. Why didn't she put her hands out?

She's fine now and the scabs are all gone - just some pink scars/scratches left behind for now.

In case anyone needs a spokes model or someone to model any item, Elsa is available to work.

BoyO ran off with his crayons to get busy and this is the shot I could get - he's trying to see if the crayon holder will fit as a "work belt".

Old 03-20-2009, 11:23 PM   #65
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

This next package came for Richard - specially marked on the outside! Right now I can't find the name of the person who sent this - if you're out there, could you please let me know? I really want to let people know of all your awesome work.

This awesome dino shorts and Boneyard t-shirt was amazing! DS took everything out and wouldn't let me wash anything before trying it on. That's why the clothes are on over his other clothes. He ended up sleeping in the outfit AND then going to school in it (as seen in the pics) the next day - good thing we were having cold weather. The following day, I insisted that we take off the clothes to get washed. He countered with handing me the pants and shorts. I took what I could get and washed those first. Another day goes by and then I get the shirt to wash. Do you think he's going to be a lawyer some day?

I have never seen him do this before with clothes - this only happens with the Big give clothing!

A shot of the clothes in action:

He actually made me take another picture of him in this outfit.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:34 PM   #66
maroo
DIS Veteran

What a cute outfit!

It is so cool...pants that look like shorts!

You have gotten some awesome stuff.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:34 PM   #67
SallyfromDE
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttshouse View Post
Hey Bill,

HM is *definitely out* - no ghosts of any kind thanks very much. She is intrigued by the stretching room, but the graveyard would do her in.
Kirsta is 8, and she still won't do HM. She rides PotC, but she has her eyes covered the whole time. But Peter Pan is a must!! It's a family favorite!

Quote:
From A. Boettcher - a Big Give friend from up north, eh. ( I can do this - my cousins all live in BC!)

She sent DD and DS some fabric crayon roll up carriers, coloring books and a book for DS.

Elsa went gaga over the colorful rainbow ric-rack edging and lovely pink Minnie fabric.

In case you're wondering, Elsa fell at school playing soccer at recess the day before these pics were taken. Or maybe it was the same day? Can you tell I'm sleep deprived yet? She landed directly on her nose - she said it squashed down. So lucky she didn't break it. Why didn't she put her hands out?

She's fine now and the scabs are all gone - just some pink scars/scratches left behind for now.

In case anyone needs a spokes model or someone to model any item, Elsa is available to work.

BoyO ran off with his crayons to get busy and this is the shot I could get - he's trying to see if the crayon holder will fit as a "work belt".

I must make some crayon roll ups. I think they are awesome. Poor DD, ouch! As for Richard, tool belt seems very manly to me. Great idea!

Quote:
This next package came for Richard -

I have never seen him do this before with clothes - this only happens with the Big give clothing!

Wow!! This outfit looks great!
Old 03-22-2009, 10:14 PM   #68
jessica52877
DIS Veteran

Okay, I hope I don't forget anything! First of all I have been following along but I think this is the first time I have commented! Thank you for sharing your story with us!

I am so glad the kids have been excited about the big give! I hope it has brought lots of smiles to their faces! You had me crying with your big thank you!

I had to laugh at your DS. My did the exact same thing when I made him a crayon roll up. He wanted to know why the ribbon wasn't long enough to go around his waist! I love Elsa's modeling skills! She really was doing a good job!

The make a wish shirts are wonderful! I LOVE that you figured out how to get yourself in the picture! I have resorted to that a time or two! Takes me about 3-4 shots before I actually don't cut off my head it seems!

The thumbs up for the dino outfits is so cute but him not wanting to take them off is even cuter!

I know that you'll be leaving on your trip shortly so have a magical time! Hope to hear all about it when you return.

Ebay ID - Jessica52877
Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 AM   #69
HeatherSue

Quote:
First, I would like to thank everyone in the Big Give. *kleenex moment - HONK as I blow my nose*

I can't tell you how much your love and support has helped our family spirits. We've been in crisis mode for the last 3+ years and I think this is the first time we've had a chance to actually take a breath and be able to enjoy and accept the love shown to us. *DH hands me another kleenex* I know that sounds a little strange.

In the oncology world the clinics and hospitals often had special events, toys, and other amenities intended to help make the time pass by quicker and more easily. I fully recognized and am grateful for the effort and caring that went into these events and items. But sometimes the Love got overshadowed by the pain Elsa's being sick and sometimes it felt as if she'd "earned" the special treatment. I'm having a hard time explaining this feeling properly. Anyway, as I was saying, The Big Give has brought smiles and joy to our kids and our family with no "emotional cost" attached to it. They have run around in joy, twirled in the clothes (both of them!), and snuggled with their new favorite outfits or toys. The kids' happiness alone has lightened much of the darkness that has shadowed my heart. I can't thank you folks enough for this. *kleenex again. honk honk honk*

We're definitely at a lucky stage in life right now. I also want to thank all the generous families who have shared their stories and pictures and lives with the rest of us who have lurked, read, watched, and prayed and helped make our worlds just a little bigger. Thanks to Maroo, Bill, and all the rest who keep the Wish trip thread alive and who help those of us who follow along in their paths to give us a hand around the obstacles and point out the pixie dust and magic places.
You made me all teary-eyed!

Thank you for saying this! It means so much to the Big Givers to hear things like this from the Wish families.

I love the pictures you've posted! Your kids are beautiful (err..sorry...handome, Richard )!!

I love that Richard put the dino outfit on over his clothes! So cute! I'm hoping you've gotten some more things by now and that you got them in time to pack up and take with you!

Yes, the trick to writing a TR or PTR is to write it somewhere else first and then copy and paste it onto the disboards. I don't know how many installments I lost before I learned that little trick!

You're leaving tomorrow so have a GREAT trip full of fun and magic!!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:42 PM   #70
twinmum
DIS Veteran

Tomorrow...YOU'RE LEAVING TOMORROW?!?!?!?....I am so excited for you!

I hope you all have an absolutely magical trip. Thank you for sharing with us - and I think you did a marvellous job of explaining the impact that the Big Give had on you and your children. They blessed us at a particularly glum time for us and I have never felt that I managed to express our emotions. Perhaps with time, I'll be able to.

Just wait until you feel the warmth - not of the Florida sun alone, because that's pretty nice - but the warmth of the hearts of the people at GKTW, the CMs...their support and eagerness to bless our family were wonderful - oh man, how I could use a dose of that right now!

Enjoy!

Alison
Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #71
billwendy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This next package came for Richard - specially marked on the outside! Right now I can't find the name of the person who sent this - if you're out there, could you please let me know? I really want to let people know of all your awesome work.

This awesome dino shorts and Boneyard t-shirt was amazing! DS took everything out and wouldn't let me wash anything before trying it on. That's why the clothes are on over his other clothes. He ended up sleeping in the outfit AND then going to school in it (as seen in the pics) the next day - good thing we were having cold weather. The following day, I insisted that we take off the clothes to get washed. He countered with handing me the pants and shorts. I took what I could get and washed those first. Another day goes by and then I get the shirt to wash. Do you think he's going to be a lawyer some day?

A shot of the clothes in action:

YAY - Im so happy Richard liked his outfit!!! I had fun using that material for someone who I know would appreciate the Dinosaurs!!

Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!

Traumatic Brain Injury 2/5 & 9/6/2013
March is TBI Awareness Month!
Life changes in an instant! Shine On!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #72
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Welcome home!

Since it is nearly impossible to get on line while on your trip, I will assume that you won't read this until you are back.

We are all waiting eagerly to read about your trip and see PICTURES. So after taking a day or two to rest up... start posting.....

Pretty please.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:35 PM   #73
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

Hope you had a great trip! Looking forward to reading all about it!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 04-02-2009, 08:14 AM   #74
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Hey everyone!

Just a quick note for you all. We're home safe and sound after a "totally awesome trip dude"! We're also exhausted and still not unpacked.

I'm sick with some weird stomach bug and so the trip report(s) will have to wait - sorry for the delay! I'm also trying to get the pics off my DH's camera to fill in where I missed some pics. This will take some mauvering. I'm working on uploading photos so I can get those for the TR so I'm not being a total slug.

I also have to finish the Big Give updates! Should I finish it first and make you guys wait for the TR. . .?

Hugs to everyone. I'll be back to comment later!
Old 04-02-2009, 08:18 AM   #75
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also have to finish the Big Give updates! Should I finish it first and make you guys wait for the TR. . .?

Hugs to everyone. I'll be back to comment later!
Big Give! Big Give! Big Give!

And then lots of Trip Reporting!!

But, of course, not until you are unpacked and feeling better! Bless your heart!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: