Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2009, 04:07 PM   #31
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

I'm glad I found your trip report! We took our wish trip in November- we had a wonderful time! I'm not sure if you've had all your questions answered.

You had asked about wishing to stay in Cinderella's suite- somebody included that as part of their wish but they were told they couldn't do that. With your GKTW button you won't have to wait in line to meet characters or to ride most of the rides. That saves a ton of time. I can't remember, are you staying at GKTW? It is a magical place.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Carol

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
Old 03-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #32
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post
I'm glad I found your trip report! We took our wish trip in November- we had a wonderful time! I'm not sure if you've had all your questions answered.

You had asked about wishing to stay in Cinderella's suite- somebody included that as part of their wish but they were told they couldn't do that. With your GKTW button you won't have to wait in line to meet characters or to ride most of the rides. That saves a ton of time. I can't remember, are you staying at GKTW? It is a magical place.

Carol
Hi Carol!

Thanks for the information. Elsa will feel better knkowing she didn't "mess up" her wish.

Yes, we're staying at GKTW. I think our plans are pretty much set except for me trying to change our 1900 PF and BBB times for later.

I'm up to my ears in obligations right now and trying to get things done so I can pack for the trip!

The kids are now revved up for pin trading, autographs, and squished pennies. I hope they actually get to go on some rides.

I feel so clueless, I don't even know what to ask!

Learning to enjoy the journey is a skill I'm still working on and getting better at. That's why I married my husband.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #33
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Here's something that happened in Jan. 2009. I'm just trying to make our MAW trip complete.

One of my scrapbooking friends, Carolyn Taylor, found out about our MAW trip and asked if Elsa was going to wear any costumes while there. I told her that basically Elsa has outgrown her costumes and any she can squeeze into, we would bring.

Then Carolyn says her daughter's old costume might fit E! She sends the package and Elsa is SO happy! Thanks Carolyn!

(Carolyn's an incredible lady! Runs weekend crops (www.croppingcircle.com), works for Mr. Ray (www.mrray.com) helping managing his office and business, and has 2 girls, one of which has medical issues. Whew!)

Here's Elsa Opening the package

What is it? What is it?

Elsa's "very proud/snooty" face.

Happy! I missed the shot of the big grin right before this.

BoyO feels a little left out. "Take a picture of ME TOO!!" Elsa and Dad are in the back.

Feeling Very Regal

Last edited by muttshouse; 03-07-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Forgot the captions!
Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 AM   #34
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

How sweet...I have to say she looks like Snow white... Even to the color of her hair....

So awesome that she is now able to wear a princess dress
Old 03-07-2009, 06:15 PM   #35
oklamomof4boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
How sweet...I have to say she looks like Snow white... Even to the color of her hair....

So awesome that she is now able to wear a princess dress
I was going to say the same thing! She does look like Snow White!

Nathan's magical wish trip- Pre trip report [/U]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1866940
WDW twice including Nathan's MAW trip to WDW
8 cruises and counting- almost Platinum!
Disneyland- over 14 times and counting
Old 03-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #36
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Super Cute!!! she just needs a red bow and you are good to go!!

Do you have the master list for the squished Penny locations? DD collects them too and its make it so much easier to find what she wants to get. I will get it to you if you dont have it.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 03-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #37
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Super Cute!!! she just needs a red bow and you are good to go!!

Do you have the master list for the squished Penny locations? DD collects them too and its make it so much easier to find what she wants to get. I will get it to you if you dont have it.

Oh no! Completely forgot about the bow! I'll have to dig around and see if any of her current hair bands will do.

Thanks everyone for the comments. If she's Snow White, does that make me the Evil Queen? I do LOVE a good apple . . .

Elsa's been growing her hair out for almost 3 years now. Totally different texture. Before her hair was a little lighter in color and was on the thin side. She rarely had a problem with me handling her hair. Now it's a little wavy and thick! She loves it.

It was completely gone when she was 4 due to the chemo. So we've had to "restart". She's totally forgotten how much time and care it takes for longer hair. She won't let me brush it because it hurts and washing and drying is a total pain. Now I know why I had the "Dorothy Hamil" cut for so long as a kid!

I'd love the squished pennies list! TIA!
Old 03-07-2009, 11:24 PM   #38
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

DisBoutiquers Big Give - Package Received!

I was contacted by the DisBoutiquers Big Give group! I'm so grateful that our family is allowed to share in their love.

They are a group of disboard members who have huge hearts filled with love and who sprinkle pixie dust on Wish trip families by making something special for the Wish kids and their siblings. I think there may be some paper crafters there too.

So, I promised to post pics to let them know we got the Pixie Dust. Today, Richard (Elsa's little brother) received a package. THANK YOU SO MUCH to our Busy Mice in Redwing MN. (You didn't include your messageboard name and I don't have time to look it up right now.) The card had a very thoughtful note in it - thanks so much!! Richard will have to wait until everything is washed before he can wear it.

Here's Richard with the bag. He was so excited to get a surprise today especially since an order for lefthanded items arrived for Elsa.

Opening the Bag!

Finally got the stuff out of the bag!!

We got the cutest outfit for him! Matching shirt and pants.

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN!!
Old 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #39
Bill_Lin
Grateful to God

Cinderella Suite

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklamomof4boys View Post

Carol
Lysi's first wish was to stay in the Cinderella Suite. The Disney commercials on that were way too effective. Because most little girls would include that in their wish, and there are so many wish kids every day, it is not feasible. What Disney was doing at the time was to give it out randomly to park guests daily. I don't know if that is continuing. Having a meal in the Castle was plenty. The suite came with riding in the parade which would have been fun but would also have cut into our ride time.

Lysi was 5, so we scheduled "rest rides" each day to slow down and catch our breath. Here is a list of good possiblities that are nice and mellow:

Small World - has been known to put people to sleep. If a wish kid wants to stay on and take a second trip, just let the CM know.

Train

Pirates

Shows

Animal Kingdom train

Lion King Festival

Boat ride from Epcot to Disney Studios

Hall of Presidents

Steamboat

Ferries across the "pond" at Epcot.

Mexico ride

Nemo and Friends

Ellen's energy adventure

Sea World shows

We also found cool down areas, as we were not used to hot humid weather. There are play fountains at Epcot, Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Sea World and misting stations at Animal Kingdom and Universal Studios. Of course, nothing beats air conditioning in indoor shows and restaurants.

The Wish Lounge at MK was a blessing. They also can give you information and help with wish issues. There are nice quiet, uncrowded restrooms there. I understand the VIP lounge at Epcot is open to wish trippers but we did not use it.

Bill
Old 03-16-2009, 01:25 AM   #40
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Hey Bill!
Thanks for the suggestions. We've been racking our brains trying to figure out when to "schedule" the down time rides. We have NO idea how tired the kids will be from the early start the previous day. Guess we'll find out! LOL!

Both kids have already axed all dark rides off the list. I may still kidnap them and make them go on Peter Pan with me.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #41
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Just a quick note to let everyone know what's going on. Elsa was home from school the last couple of days because of a really bad cold. She even napped voluntarily!

She's definitely on the mend now, but her little brother has been acting funny the last couple of days - and now he's sick! So I'm going to keep him home tomorrow and hope that we'll ALL be healthy before we have to leave in 9 days or so. Did I really type that?

I'm SO unprepared and have LOTS to do before then. Elsa's birthday party will be on Saturday. I promised MIL that we'd have the dollhouse out of her condo and into DD's room before the party. DS also has a dentist appointment - it was definitely NOT fun last time and he's going to have to get some "happy gas" before the next appointment to get 2 fillings.

BUT I have to say THANK YOU BIG GIVE!!!. Packages have been arriving all week for the kids. I promise to post pics tomorrow sometime and give credit where I can. (DH threw out some of the packaging with your id's on them. )

Last edited by muttshouse; 03-17-2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #42
jenb1023
DIS Veteran

I hope Elsa and Richard are feeling better and that everyone else stayed healthy since your trip starts very soon! Have a wonderful time!!!

Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
Old 03-19-2009, 10:44 AM   #43
3princesses+aprince
DIS Veteran

Aww, your big give outfits are amazing. Elsa looks so pretty in her snow white dress. Can't wait to see more.

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS

Our very magical, very first trip to Disney World!!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2182745

Come check out my Pre Trip Report, May 09
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2066680
Old 03-19-2009, 12:22 PM   #44
WishMom09
Mouseketeer

I can't believe you only have 5 more days!!!
I hope y'all have a blast!
And I can't wait to read all about your trip!

Caleb's Wish Trip TR
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post30337247

2002 Off Site, 2009 GKTW (Caleb's Wish Trip), 2010 POR, 2012 POR, 2014 POR

Old 03-19-2009, 10:00 PM   #45
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone!

Looks like the Trip Gods are toying with me again. Please don't read on if you're squeamish about personal info or bathroom related stuff. The short version - BIG News is that Elsa has something wrong with her that makes it hard for her to travel and sit ok. We're waiting to see if the cultures grow anything.

Oh, and hugs and prayers go out to Jonah's family. If you're not sure what's going on, check on the Wishtrippers thread.

The VENT, long story, and details:

After getting a cold and missing out on 2 days of school last week, I sent Elsa back to school on Monday. Then 2 nights ago, she starts running to the bathroom every 10 minutes at bedtime. Umm delay tactic?? She settles down to sleep. Next night she's complaining that she hurts when she pees. So I come in to see what's going on. The poor dear is red and raw and chafed in the perineal area. ***??!!!

It took me 10 minutes trying to convince her the water won't her her and she still didn't believe me. I got too frustrated and just squirted her. But it worked and helped. Then got out the vaseline to cover her up. Tylenol for pain and inflammation. Finally to sleep! Left a message for the pediatricians so they could get us into the "sick kid" queue earlier.

Today was a crazier day than expected. DH had to stay home and wait for the doc to call to take Elsa in for the appointment since I had to take DS to get 2 (!) fillings done. He's only 3 and has had 4 cavities. He started freaking out at the previous visit during the filling and I knew today would be tough since we'd be doing 2 filllings at once. I *thought* I came prepared with Disney Dollars and Bella Sara cards. The dentist wanted to try the "happy gas" today and see if he would be more relaxed.

DS was ok with the mask on his mouth since we practiced that at home. But he totally freaked out when the dentist put it over his nose and asked him to breath through his nose. Ummm DS is 3 and is congested; does he *know* how to breath through his nose? As a result I end up holding a screaming-kicking-crying-as-large-as-a-4-year-old 3 year old on top of me in a dentist's chair for about an hour. At one point I lose control of one of DS's legs and it flies up in the air and just brushes the DDS's hair. About 10 seconds later the dentist asks if something just hit him. I apologize saying, "Sorry, his leg got away from me for a second." It really did! Honest!

We end up finishing up soon enough that I can now race home, pick up DD (so DH can get to work), and run down to the pediatricians. I drove like a bat outta h*ll. Shoulda saved the gas! We ended up waiting for about 20 minutes, get to train a visiting med student, and walk out 1.5 hours later. What's the diagnosis? They aren't sure if it's a urinary tract infection or just vaginitis. So we wait until tomorrow to see if we need antibiotics. In the meantime I was told to marinade Elsa in a baking soda bath as often as I could. Then use hydrocortisone cream and vaseline to create a barrier again. They estimated that it could take up to 7 days for the urinary frequency to subside. Ummmm, how is she supposed to drive 1 hour to the airport and take a 3 hour plane trip if she needs to use the bathroom every 10 minutes??

Now we're too late to drive DD to school because she missed her lunch period. Detour to pick up lunch. All 3 of us are eating in the car in the school parking lot. We hop out in the rain, schlepp DD into the nurse's office for her late pass. We find her class. DS and I run to buy one of DD's birthday presents and just get home for about 1 minute when my cell phone rings - and it's DD's teacher. Apparently Elsa had been going to the bathroom like crazy again and the teacher's concerned about the usefulness of her being in class when she's clearly not feeling well. So 1 hour after dropping her off we were back at school. DS had just taken his shoes off after 5 hours of errands and he refused to get back in the car. After explaining to him we have to get his sister because she's not feeling well, he says yes. What a sweetheart.

We bring Elsa home and I "marinate" her. She feels better. I now notice that she hasn't done any of the 10 minute runs at home. Do you think it has anything to do with the marinade or do you think it's because she's out of school?

So, we sit and wait.

Thanks for listening.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: