Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2009, 08:28 PM   #16
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsonsLoveDisney View Post
Wooohoo! Sometimes Dr's dont think.

I have to hold the girls down for shots/blood work too. Its a parent thing. I hate it. We had to hold DD#2 down for a urine test one time. that was the worst.

Glad you had a great day at the zoo. did you take any pics to use your new paper with?

Got your package today! Wow!! Its nice to be .

So what help do you need in the planning? I am always around! I think that it will be a great trip no matter what.

I have no idea about the Suite thing. you'll prolly have to get ahold of your person and see.
Hey Rachal. How do you keep up with both (more?) boards??

Wow- the package got there fast!
Boy do I love these smilies!

Can you believe that I forgot my camera!!!

I'm still trying to figure out if the kids could possibly handle the fireworks show without a nap at either MK or Epcot. And where to eat at AK. Or if we may jump over to DHS. If I knew that the GKTW buttons would let us zoom around the park and finish everything before 2, then I could plan better.

I'm rethinking 1900 Park Fare. DD isn't so sure she wants to meet the stepsisters now that I've been comparing her whining and poor behavior to that of Anastasia and Grizzella.

Also, I'm trying to figure out desserts for our meals. 1900 PF will be the only chance to get a custom cake with fancy fillings. Do I indulge myself even though it's DD's pre-bd dinner? I so want to try the slipper dessert. What to do about DD's wish for a delish chocolate/chocolate cake? She *also* wants the new Princess jewelry box cake. Of course, we'd have to include the Pirate one for DS. Each one is $15! Are the cakes any good?

The WDW Dining CM suggested having a corsage or nosegay of somekind for her birthday lunch at Akershus. I LOVE that idea, but the $$$ online seem a little high. I'll have to call the florist directly and find out how much it would really be. If it's too much, I think I can make some ribbon ones into a wrist corsage and sneak it to the waitstaff. What do you think?

OMG- one of the videos was about the princess makeover at BibbidiBobbidiBoutique - Elsa said, "oooh, I want a princess makeover!" I just about had a heart attack. I didn't know they were going to advertise that! I played it casual and basically didn't respond.

More q's later. Gotta ship out one more swap box and then I'll be done!
Old 02-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #17
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroo View Post
Yeah!!

Another Wish Trip!!

Do you want to be listed on our Wish Trips thread?

You can come check it out...it is the blue link below in my siggie!

Nice to meet you guys!!

Now, I think that MAW could certainly make shoes that grow with her feet!
Hey Maroo,

Have a great last minute trip to WDW!!!

And yes, we'd love to be listed on the Wish Trips thread. Thanks!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #18
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttshouse View Post
Hey Rachal. How do you keep up with both (more?) boards??

Cause it keeps me sane...

Wow- the package got there fast!
Boy do I love these smilies!

Can you believe that I forgot my camera!!!

Yes, cause i never carry mine with me. thats why i am getting a smaller one. to keep in my purse. I miss so many great pics that way. and sometimes a camera phone just doesnt do it.

I'm still trying to figure out if the kids could possibly handle the fireworks show without a nap at either MK or Epcot. And where to eat at AK. Or if we may jump over to DHS. If I knew that the GKTW buttons would let us zoom around the park and finish everything before 2, then I could plan better.

Maybe, can they go until 10pm at home without a nap? I wouldnt suggest it. Take a few hours and take a nap. espically in the middle of the day when the crowds are highest. go back, rest, shower dress for dinner, and come back in time for ressies and enjoy the rest of the night. works every time. and you wont be missing too much cause the lines will be crazy, depending on park hours you can ride more rides afterwards when everyone else is taking their over-tired kids back.

I'm rethinking 1900 Park Fare. DD isn't so sure she wants to meet the stepsisters now that I've been comparing her whining and poor behavior to that of Anastasia and Grizzella.

Havent been there. Just stay there or do the dinner at Askerhaus.

Also, I'm trying to figure out desserts for our meals. 1900 PF will be the only chance to get a custom cake with fancy fillings. Do I indulge myself even though it's DD's pre-bd dinner? I so want to try the slipper dessert. What to do about DD's wish for a delish chocolate/chocolate cake? She *also* wants the new Princess jewelry box cake. Of course, we'd have to include the Pirate one for DS. Each one is $15! Are the cakes any good?

Where are you going for lunch/dinner on her bday? You could go for the fancy cake just what she wants the day before. get the slipper dessert for yourself or to go if that possible. Tell her she gets to pick one and thats it. then do cake for DS a differnt meal. I have heard that the cakes are good. how big are they for $15 personal? or family?

The WDW Dining CM suggested having a corsage or nosegay of somekind for her birthday lunch at Akershus. I LOVE that idea, but the $$$ online seem a little high. I'll have to call the florist directly and find out how much it would really be. If it's too much, I think I can make some ribbon ones into a wrist corsage and sneak it to the waitstaff. What do you think?

I think that you can make something and bring it, or do nothing. i dont think that she will notice. Or maybe a crown/wand set if she isnt already getting one.

OMG- one of the videos was about the princess makeover at BibbidiBobbidiBoutique - Elsa said, "oooh, I want a princess makeover!" I just about had a heart attack. I didn't know they were going to advertise that! I played it casual and basically didn't respond.

That might be something to do for her bday. i heard its a blast and plan on doing it with all 3 DD's when we go. they wont get the most expensive package of course. You might just have to scale back a bit on the character dinners. Can you PM with what MAW is paying for and what your budget is and I will be more apt to help you. if you dont mind that is.

More q's later. Gotta ship out one more swap box and then I'll be done!

I didnt get to your cuts today. maybe tonight. had to pick up GS cookies and get them out to people. got a bunch more orders when we dropped them by the bowling alley.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Etsy Id: EJMKDesigns
Old 02-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #19
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Here's the initial plan:

Arrive on Tuesday afternoon. Unpack, settle in, shop at mousememories?

Wed: MK. (nap? fireworks?)

8am Crystal Palace

Mickey's Philharmagic
Carrousel
Dumbo
Laugh Factory
Peter Pan's flight
Space Ranger Spin

1:50 -2:50 BBB
3 parade ?
4:45 pm 1900 Park Fare Dinner

7pm GKTW

Thursday: Epcot DD's Birthday! arty:
nap?

AM: Kim Possible

11:45a Akershus for Princess Lunch

1:30 autographs?

5:45p Garden Grill @ Land for dinner

7pm GKTW visit w/ ??? (spoiler)

Friday: Seaworld

Sat: AK

Dinodig
Nemo show
Kilamanjaro Safari

Sun: go home in the afternoon.
Old 02-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #20
dmbfan
DIS Veteran

Wanted to say Hello and Welcom, just finished reading your pre trip thread...looks like we will be coming to GKTW one day before you leave. I can not get over how good you are on coming with what days to do what... I so far got the times the parks open and close and that is.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #21
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here's the initial plan:

Arrive on Tuesday afternoon. Unpack, settle in, shop at mousememories?

Wed: MK. (nap? fireworks?)

8am Crystal Palace

Mickey's Philharmagic
Carrousel
Dumbo
Laugh Factory
Peter Pan's flight
Space Ranger Spin

1:50 -2:50 BBB
3 parade ?
4:45 pm 1900 Park Fare Dinner

7pm GKTW

I would say if you can skip the parade, make the BBB res for 3:30-4:30, and head back to your room around 12. that is a very long day. and you might have a cranky DD at the BBB. Then you would head back around 3 for the BBB appt. and then go from there. Breakfast will be about an hour, maybe more. depending on how slow your kids eat and interact with the characters.

Disneyland Trips, Aug 1987,Aug 2001, May 2004,April 2007, July 2007, July 2008,March 2009, Dec 2010 DisneyWorld Trips April 1992, April 2005,April 2010,Dec 2012
Old 02-23-2009, 01:05 AM   #22
JohnsonsLoveDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thursday: Epcot DD's Birthday! arty:
nap?

AM: Kim Possible

11:45a Akershus for Princess Lunch

1:30 autographs?

5:45p Garden Grill @ Land for dinner

7pm GKTW visit w/ ??? (spoiler)
I would head back after lunch to have your rest time. and hit some characters on the way out. Also I wouldnt spend certain time just doing autographs. Do them as you see them. So its not a whole bunch of waiting in line at one time. By day 2 you might need a longer rest time. to help recover from the night before if you stay for a show or fire works.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #23
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

The celebration chest cakes are "small loaf cakes for 1" according to the CM at Dining Ressies. No info on flavor or size. No clue about how they taste either!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:44 PM   #24
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbfan View Post
Wanted to say Hello and Welcom, just finished reading your pre trip thread...looks like we will be coming to GKTW one day before you leave. I can not get over how good you are on coming with what days to do what... I so far got the times the parks open and close and that is.

Hi Christine!!

Maybe we can find each other?

Don't be too impressed - all the planning is done around when we can get ressies!!
Besides, we got postponed and now have some more time to plan. Although as time grows short, I'm having second thoughts.

DH is ready to storm the park and try to do everything like when BK (before kids). I'm having quite a time trying to figure out what is reasonable.

I don't know how much of a pain it's going to be to schlepp the kids back and forth to the park. They tend to want to stay where they happen to be. I'll have to consult DH and see if he's willing to schlepp. I think there's a Wish lounge and I was thinking that maybe we could have the kids lay down there?

Still planning but time is growing too short to change ressies. I might switch us out for Ohana instead of 1900 PF.

Kids want dinner. Back later.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #25
teresajoy
World's Proudest Aunt!
There is no such thing as too young or too old for Disney World!
Thinks glow in the dark ricrak is cool

Quote:
Still planning but time is growing too short to change ressies. I might switch us out for Ohana instead of 1900 PF.

I think the most fun I've ever had at a character meal and definitely the best food was at 1900 Park Fare! I would keep it!
Old 03-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #26
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresajoy View Post
I think the most fun I've ever had at a character meal and definitely the best food was at 1900 Park Fare! I would keep it!
THanks for the input!

I had posted on the restaurant thread and got lots of responses. I checked out youtube and felt SO much better. It will be lots of fun - but it seems so packed full of people!

Old 03-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #27
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I would say if you can skip the parade, make the BBB res for 3:30-4:30, and head back to your room around 12. that is a very long day. and you might have a cranky DD at the BBB. Then you would head back around 3 for the BBB appt. and then go from there. Breakfast will be about an hour, maybe more. depending on how slow your kids eat and interact with the characters.
Sounds reasonable. I'll have to see if it's possible to reschedule BBB at this "late" time. DD is playing right now and I think she'd notice if I were on the phone . . . hmmm. She's already figured out all the *other* surprises I'd planned.

*crossing fingers*
Old 03-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #28
muttshouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
I would head back after lunch to have your rest time. and hit some characters on the way out. Also I wouldnt spend certain time just doing autographs. Do them as you see them. So its not a whole bunch of waiting in line at one time. By day 2 you might need a longer rest time. to help recover from the night before if you stay for a show or fire works.
Love the input. Thanks Rachal!

Since Epcot day is DD's actual birthday, I think the kids will be sleeping in a little that day - slow morning at Give Kids the World. I think they have some special things they do there for kids' birthdays, but I'm not sure what.
Also, on Thursday nights I *think* Santa is there for a visit. So we'll be back at GKTW that evening (no illuminations?). Not sure yet.

Can you tell I'm a little AR when it comes to planning?

We're leaving lots of time "unplanned" right now because we know the kids will be trading pins and making souvenir pennies. Not sure how many rides they'll be able to do this time around due to height, age, and chicken-liveredness.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #29
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Maroo!

I'd love to be on the Wish Trips thread.

I did tell DD that *some* of her wish might be hard to do . . .

UPDATE: Our trip is now scheduled for March 24th-29th!!

YAY! DD wished that we could reschedule for her birthday and voila we're going down to WDW that week.
Hi there!!

I am SOOOOO sorry. I totally forgot to post your thread to the Wish Trippers Unite thread...but it is there now! and somehow I forgot to hit the subscribe button, too, on the report itself! Man...I am losing my mind!

I will catch back up here real quick and post on the Wish Trippers Thread that we have a new wish trip pre-trippie to follow!!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #30
maroo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Christine!!

Maybe we can find each other?

Don't be too impressed - all the planning is done around when we can get ressies!!
Besides, we got postponed and now have some more time to plan. Although as time grows short, I'm having second thoughts.

DH is ready to storm the park and try to do everything like when BK (before kids). I'm having quite a time trying to figure out what is reasonable.

I don't know how much of a pain it's going to be to schlepp the kids back and forth to the park. They tend to want to stay where they happen to be. I'll have to consult DH and see if he's willing to schlepp. I think there's a Wish lounge and I was thinking that maybe we could have the kids lay down there?

You can definitely take a rest in the Wish Lounge. Assuming there are no other families in there...you can relax on the carpeted floor or you can rest on this big pillow they have. The kids can watch a movie and you can get some water. It is also right beside First Aid...and you could lay down there, too!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: