Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 09:22 AM   #76
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Nope we're not taking him this trip, but....we are planning a trip for June 2010 for my whole family (grandparents, uncle, AND the little guy)
We're planning a big whole family trip for 2010 too!

Quote:
Let's Talk Hair...So my questions are for all the ladies reading- How do you wear your hair? What are some suggestions for me? Find anything cute on the 'net? I want some kind-of updo or pulled back or something. ANYTHING. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.
In trying to add something new to the discussion...

I've done a French braid, which I LOVED. Hair out of the face, off the neck, and no annoying pony tail tickling my shoulders or bare back with my tank top. I thought it especially looked cute when it started to get wispy around the face about midmorning! But I didn't find any pics of one. It's my camera so it's hard to get behind it sometimes.

I also tried a different take on the pony tail. I used a long thin scarf type thing. Use it as a head band and then wrap the rest of your hair into a pony tail at the base of your neck. I found a pic of that. I liked the way the head band park looked in pics.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:59 AM   #77
Enchanted
DIS Veteran

Hey, Tink! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I LOVED your first TR and posted there often. I had no idea that you had another TR! I must run and catch up on it!

And you've already started on a PTR for this June! Whoo-hoo! We might be going back on those same dates so maybe we'll run into each other at the parks!

As for the hair discussion, I TOTALLY know where you're coming from. I rocked the messy bun a LOT last June when we were there. (Again, I think our dates overlapped with yours! I will laugh so hard if we're in some of your pictures or something! ) I can get my hair to lay straight sometimes, even in the humidity, but since my hair is so thick it gets to be too HOT! As for some ideas for "changing things up," I like those barrettes or clips that look like flowers. Pinning one over your ear or over your bun or pony looks really cute. I also like wearing headbands whether my hair is up or down. When my hair is scrunched or curly, I'll even rock a low, loose side pony. Other than that, I can't think of anything cute that's fast and easy. It's so hard to be cute when you want to run out and see Mickey ASAP.

This is so much fun! I feel like I'm at a slumber party!
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2009, 10:15 AM   #78
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

I love how all the ads on top of the page are for hair products now

How long is your hair now? My hair's also naturally wavy/curly, and it's SO easy to just put it up at night and let it dry on it's own. When I was in high school I always did the gel/scrunching thing but now I can't stand it. The gel makes my hair all sticky and crunchy, and I hate how it always looks wet or greasy. Now if I don't want to straiten it I just wash it at night and put it up in a messy bun right on top of my head, and when I take it down in the morning it's in really pretty waves. I have a ton of hair (it's really thick) so it's usually still damp in the morning so I blow it for a minute with the "cool" setting on my blow dryer and it looks awesome. If I didn't put it up at night and just went to bed with my hair wet, it would be a frizzy mess by the morning It works the best with longer hair since the length weighs it down a bit and creates pretty waves. Try it sometime!
Old 01-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #79
sfacowgirl87
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
The gel makes my hair all sticky and crunchy, and I hate how it always looks wet or greasy.
I have felt your pain and I've learned a few little tricks!! If you use a mousse especially for curly hair it won't make it quite as crunchy (I love Garnier) and if you make sure and hold off and don't use the hairspray until your hair is completely dry from the diffuser it won't make it look wet.

(If you read my hair-product post in my PTR you will understand )
Old 01-30-2009, 02:46 PM   #80
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
I'm in! We're planning a big whole family trip for 2010 too!
Yay! Hi! You're planning a big family trip too?! Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsadams View Post
I also tried a different take on the pony tail. I used a long thin scarf type thing. Use it as a head band and then wrap the rest of your hair into a pony tail at the base of your neck. I found a pic of that. I liked the way the head band park looked in pics.

That is so cute!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted View Post
Hey, Tink! I don't know if you remember me or not, but I LOVED your first TR and posted there often. I had no idea that you had another TR! I must run and catch up on it!
Hey! Glad you're back! Please go read my '08 TR!!!!!

Quote:
And you've already started on a PTR for this June! Whoo-hoo! We might be going back on those same dates so maybe we'll run into each other at the parks!
That would be hilarious. Even though I don't know what you look like.

Quote:
This is so much fun! I feel like I'm at a slumber party!
Haha, thanks for your input! And I'm glad you enjoyed the topic. I gotta do something to keep y'all interested!

Quote:
I love how all the ads on top of the page are for hair products now
Haha, I didn't even notice.

Quote:
How long is your hair now?
It's getting to my shoulders!

Quote:
Now if I don't want to straiten it I just wash it at night and put it up in a messy bun right on top of my head, and when I take it down in the morning it's in really pretty waves.
Oooooh, I'm gonna have to try that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfacowgirl87 View Post
Girl, you've been through so much!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:13 PM   #81
addictedtothemouse
DIS Veteran

My hair is pretty long (almost to my waist) and I usually do a pony, braid or messy bun. My one DD just learned how to French braid so maybe she will braid it for me one or two mornings. Other than leave-in conditioner I don't use any styling products because I don't like the way my hair feels with them in.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #82
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtothemouse View Post
My one DD just learned how to French braid so maybe she will braid it for me one or two mornings.
I wish I knew how to french braid!!
Old 01-31-2009, 12:29 AM   #83
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

Hey! I've been MIA on everyone else's reports lately. So sorry. Doing a PTR and TR at the same time is so time consuming. I hope to finish up the Dec trip report before we leave for the next trip.

Okay...I thought I was the only goof that planned their meal 6+ months ahead of time. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I really enjoy the planning part of it all. Keeps me excited.

Hmm, the hair. In the Summer I stick mine up in a ponytail and that's that. My hair is really long. I wish I could find a style that would work but it's like I walk outside in the Summer and my entire head turns wet from the heat and humidity. It's just like FL here. So icky. If I left it down I'd look like a rat within minutes.

Oh...was it you and me talking about Hard Rock Park too? I know Troo and I were. Anyway...they are planning on reopening it. Changing things around and so forth. I hope they do. I think in the right era ( not necessarily right now w/ this economy) it could do well and be a good thing for SC!
Old 01-31-2009, 10:03 AM   #84
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Hey! I've been MIA on everyone else's reports lately. So sorry. Doing a PTR and TR at the same time is so time consuming. I hope to finish up the Dec trip report before we leave for the next trip.
Haha, it's okay. You've been busy with that TR AND PTR!

Quote:
Okay...I thought I was the only goof that planned their meal 6+ months ahead of time.
Haha, thanks now I'm a goof.

Quote:
Hmm, the hair. In the Summer I stick mine up in a ponytail and that's that. My hair is really long. I wish I could find a style that would work but it's like I walk outside in the Summer and my entire head turns wet from the heat and humidity. It's just like FL here. So icky. If I left it down I'd look like a rat within minutes.
Ugh I hate that.

Quote:
Oh...was it you and me talking about Hard Rock Park too? I know Troo and I were. Anyway...they are planning on reopening it. Changing things around and so forth. I hope they do. I think in the right era ( not necessarily right now w/ this economy) it could do well and be a good thing for SC!
Yeah it was me!!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #85
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

There's nothing wrong with being a Disney goof. I'm one of the biggest! My family thinks I'm whacked because I take pictures of the food. (My sister and parents that is) I think it's a GREAT way to remember all of the trip. But now I take pictures of EVERY SINGLE THING! I can't wait to go again!
Old 01-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #86
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfacowgirl87 View Post
I have felt your pain and I've learned a few little tricks!! If you use a mousse especially for curly hair it won't make it quite as crunchy (I love Garnier) and if you make sure and hold off and don't use the hairspray until your hair is completely dry from the diffuser it won't make it look wet.

Thanks for the tips! I love mousse so I'll have to try it again.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #87
tinkgurl

Disney shirts...

I was browsing different online sites that have Disney shirts and found a few that I possibly like. I'd love everyone's opinion on which ones they think I should get and what ones I should forget about because I obviously don't have enough money to buy them all!..

Old 01-31-2009, 05:17 PM   #88
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran

oh love the first mickey ones and the green tink one. But they are all lovely. Where are they from?
Old 01-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #89
BrooklynnsMommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Disney shirts...

I was browsing different online sites that have Disney shirts and found a few that I possibly like. I'd love everyone's opinion on which ones they think I should get and what ones I should forget about because I obviously don't have enough money to buy them all!..

I like the first two and the pink Tink one.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:24 PM   #90
Enchanted
DIS Veteran

Haha, so funny, I'm catching up on your TR right now and I thought I'd see if you'd updated over here or not. And you just did! I'm psychic!

Let's see ...they're all so cute! It's hard to decide... I think I like the last three the best though. They're really colorful and fun.

I've just finished reading your "year in review" over on your 2008 TR, and I wanted to say that I'm sorry you had such a hard year last year. You're really amazing for stepping up and taking care of your little cousin like that. He's so adorable! I hope your 2009 is going well so far! If anybody deserves a year full of love, laughs, and pixie dust, it's you!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: