Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM   #61
troobabiee7
The core of man's spirit comes from new experiences
 
troobabiee7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,322

Ohhh hair at Disney! It's always such a pain, especially for us who go in the summer. That humidity KILLS your hair! In 2005 I crimped it every night to fight the humidity and I'll never, ever do that again. I liked it at the time but looking back now, it looked absolutely ridiculous In 2006 I let it dry on it's own overnight so it was curly/wavy in the morning and sprayed it with hairspray and it worked out well, and in 2007 my hair was short so I just straightened it every morning with a reallllyyyy hot setting and sprayed it with a tiny bit of hairspray and it stayed. It's always so much easier just throwing it up
troobabiee7 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 03:10 PM   #62
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
 
megveg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts!
Posts: 1,598

here i ammmmm!

as for hair, i put my hair in a messy bun + poof every day of my trip in may except one day i straightened part of it for my GF photo shoot with DBF

pictures!



__________________
Hi, I'm Meghan.

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!


Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
megveg is online now  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #63
ScotsMinnie
DIS Veteran
 
ScotsMinnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,161

Well I would love to do the up-do and messy bun but mine is way too short. Short hair could be good for the parks if it wasn't for the humidity that makes it stick out all ways. It is a bit shorter than last year so no idea what else I can do with it other than how it is.





Long hair is so nice but I didn't suit mine long. It is too fine and had no life to it.
ScotsMinnie is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 03:51 PM   #64
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.
 
Disneyfan71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: 600 Miles North of the Magic
Posts: 1,304

Sorry I can't help you with the hair situation
__________________
1980 (first trip)--Polynesian

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

Disneyfan71 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 04:10 PM   #65
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
 
megveg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Massachusetts!
Posts: 1,598

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post

cute! can you hairspray or gel any part of it? my friend has almost the same cut and she gels the back so its spikey and hairsprays the front into a poof with a bandana its cute
__________________
Hi, I'm Meghan.

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!


Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
megveg is online now  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:01 PM   #66
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures
 
autumnpalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,172

Ahhh, the hair dilemma!! My hair is long and wavy and HATES the Florida humidity so in July it was up every single day. In December I (mostly) wore it down and survived!! I just smoothed on some leave in conditioner after my showers and ran out the door.

My hair will be a little shorter this May because I got it cut, so I'm thinking of straightening it but... when my options are get to a MK EMH or sit in my room doing my hair... the parks seem to always win!
__________________
"Trust the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:5-6)
autumnpalm is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:14 PM   #67
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
Ohhh hair at Disney! It's always such a pain, especially for us who go in the summer. That humidity KILLS your hair! In 2005 I crimped it every night to fight the humidity and I'll never, ever do that again. I liked it at the time but looking back now, it looked absolutely ridiculous In 2006 I let it dry on it's own overnight so it was curly/wavy in the morning and sprayed it with hairspray and it worked out well
You are def. right about the humidity killing us summer WDW go'ers!

My hair is naturally curly/wavy so I love scrunching it with gel, but sometimes I just can't stand having my hair all sticking to my neck at WDW. I might try it one day to see how it goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
here i ammmmm!

as for hair, i put my hair in a messy bun + poof every day of my trip in may except one day i straightened part of it for my GF photo shoot with DBF
Hey girl I love your hair like that! I did the messy bun and poof every day the last time we went and my hair was long so it's definately an idea to remember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsMinnie View Post
AW, I love your hair! Some people can rock the short hair and others can't, but you DEFINATELY can!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
Sorry I can't help you with the hair situation
Haha, yeah I figured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
My hair will be a little shorter this May because I got it cut, so I'm thinking of straightening it but... when my options are get to a MK EMH or sit in my room doing my hair... the parks seem to always win!
Thanks girl. I agree-it's sometimes just so easy to quickly throw it up and hurry out the door to the parks!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #68
DiamondDiva305
Mouseketeer
 
DiamondDiva305's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 422

Hey im in for the ride.

I'm reading your TR now and I'm loving it.
__________________


DiamondDiva305 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #69
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondDiva305 View Post
Hey im in for the ride.

I'm reading your TR now and I'm loving it.
Aw, thanks girl. I really try. And I promise this TR for this year will be more detailed because I actually know ahead of time I'm going!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM   #70
Hillary12.8.07
DIS Veteran
 
Hillary12.8.07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Augusta, Ga
Posts: 810

Lovin the hair talk. This is why I love going in December or fall, because its not so humid and my naturally curly hair actually stays straight when I straighten it. I end up just throwing it up into a pony or messy bun too, so I dont have advice. I'm not looking forward to that humidity in June for this very reason.

SPEAKING of June...we freakin leave the day before you guys come down. BOOOOOO.
Hillary12.8.07 is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:07 PM   #71
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillary12.8.07 View Post
Lovin the hair talk. This is why I love going in December or fall, because its not so humid and my naturally curly hair actually stays straight when I straighten it. I end up just throwing it up into a pony or messy bun too, so I dont have advice. I'm not looking forward to that humidity in June for this very reason.

SPEAKING of June...we freakin leave the day before you guys come down. BOOOOOO.
Actually June is not as bad as July, which is when we usually went! Aw you leave the day before we get there?! Not cool.
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 PM   #72
xoktenox
DIS Veteran
 
xoktenox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 3,216

hello my dear! let me see if i can help you at all with hair issues...since I live on an island I deal with the humidity allllll the time. Fun, I know. Anyway, I usually do the scrunched look with gel and hairspray...doesnt frizz at all that way and i pull the back back in the front into the poofy thing. I don't even bother at all with the hair dryer and straightener because it doesnt work at all and i end up looking like a white trash girl with trailer park hair by the end of the day. and im sweating to death on top of it. i gotta say though, i am a big fan of the messy bun too...its just practical for the heat down in FL!! Just think, when we go to WDW on spring break 2010, we can help eachother with our hair!!
__________________
Me, Kristen- 26 DH, Chris- 29 Fur baby, Daisy- 9 months
My Trips: 4 times as a child, offsite
Trips Together with Chris: 4/09- AS Movies~~11-12/09- AKV Kidani~~7/10- Pop~~6/11- OKW~~1-2/12- Pop~~ 10-11/12- DISNEYMOON! @ SSR (BECAME DVC MEMBERS!)~~
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)


Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

xoktenox is offline  
Old 01-29-2009, 09:21 PM   #73
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
hello my dear! let me see if i can help you at all with hair issues...since I live on an island I deal with the humidity allllll the time. Fun, I know.
Haha, I bet. I wanna come visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Anyway, I usually do the scrunched look with gel and hairspray...doesnt frizz at all that way
I love scrunching! I do it so much for school. What kind of gel/hairspray do you use? I'm trying to find a good gel that will last all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
and i pull the back back in the front into the poofy thing.
You know I love to poof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
I don't even bother at all with the hair dryer and straightener because it doesnt work at all and i end up looking like a white trash girl with trailer park hair by the end of the day.
Haha, that just made me laugh out loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Just think, when we go to WDW on spring break 2010, we can help eachother with our hair!!
OMG yeah!!!!!!!!!
tinkgurl is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 08:19 AM   #74
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney
 
Villainess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Jersey Shore
Posts: 1,578

Another fan of the messy bun, but I also use my sunglasses as a headband when I wear my hair down.
__________________
Me (Danielle), 34 DD, 7 DS, 6
Follow me ~ Instagram

Villainess is offline  
Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 AM   #75
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!
 
tinkgurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 10,741

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess View Post
Another fan of the messy bun, but I also use my sunglasses as a headband when I wear my hair down.
Oooh I never thought of that!
tinkgurl is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: