Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #151
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewels1916 View Post
::copy:: :: paste::

My list of favorites Same as yours!

Actually, I didn't get to do TSM when I was there last time because the line was soooo long and they were out of FPs so it is on my list of must-dos this time.

I love Maelstrom. I am glad to see that I am not the only one who still likes to ride it! I had to drag my parents on it last time. I make them ride everything, they try to skip things that they think are lame. Like WS. They never want to go to WS unless we are eating there. What's Disney World without a little "World"? Ha.
Haha, that's funny we have the same favorites! You HAVE to do TSM next time you're there!!!!! Maelstrom is just one of those random rides that are silly and fun. Haha, love your joke- "What's Disney World without a little 'world'".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariel2007 View Post
I'm gutted about Space and TTA too, I can't believe it. And what is the new American Idol thing?
I'm so sad! The new American Idol thing...from what I understand it's like the real thing-they have a few competitors and judges. But, I don't know exactly how it all works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkin413 View Post
here are mine!
Thanks Dawn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
I have never been on Maelstrom! We just kinda forgot it was there! We are DEF going on it this time around!
Oh you gotta go on it! And if you don't want to watch the movie at the end, just walk on through the theater!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnpalm View Post
Some of my fav attractions:
Thanks! You have to go see Nemo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Ok I'm wayyyyy too lazy to type up all my favorites lol Just say I agree with you, k? cool. I texted you like 15 mins ago and you're ignoring me, I guess you hate me now. Thanks, appreciate that. Anyway, the May hours just went up really recently, alot of people were pretty upset with how long it took so I wouldn't hold my breath for the June ones!
LOL...you're too lazy? lllllloooosssser. Haha, jk. I just had to say it back to you. OMG, I'm getting so anxious for June hours!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by troobabiee7 View Post
I was over TTA and Space Mountain too!! And crazy enough, I was sadder about the TTA There are a lot of fun roller coasters at Disney but only ONE TTA... it SUCKS that it's closed!
Haha Mel-you know that I'm sadder about the TTA too!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:04 PM   #152
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

I like your list of favorites...here are mine as I've only been to MK, DHS, and Epcot

MK
-Space Mountain
-BTMRR
-Pirates/Carribean
-Astro Jets
-It's A Small World
**Actually mostly everything at MK

Epcot
-Spaceship Earth
-Living with the land
-Oh Canada
-Maelstrom
**Want to ride Test Track, Mission SPACE

DHS
-ToT
-Great Movie Ride
-Muppet's 3-D
*RnR

I can't think right now but you get the idea

1983,1986, 1987,88,95: Off site

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #153
OneTreeHillAddict
CNC Photography of Myrtle Beach, SC

It's easier for me to say what I hate the most.

DHS ~ Drew Carey waste of space!

MK ~ Stitch (ick! I hate that hot dog burp!)

Ep ~ Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Way too outdated!)

Ak ~ There's really nothing here I despise.

Everything else I pretty much like or love. The three things above could disappear and I would never miss them!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:29 PM   #154
Disneyfan71
Paging Mr. Morrow, paging Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived, please give them a ring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post

DHS ~ Drew Carey waste of space!

MK ~ Stitch (ick! I hate that hot dog burp!)

Ep ~ Honey I Shrunk the Audience (Way too outdated!)

Ak ~ There's really nothing here I despise.

Everything else I pretty much like or love. The three things above could disappear and I would never miss them!
Honey I Shrunk the Audience was new when I went in 1995 if that tells you anything. Not sure if it was BRAND new then or not. I'm actually surprised it's still there. Maybe with newer Disney movies coming out they'll update it????

Old 02-04-2009, 08:59 AM   #155
Villainess
Fantasy and reality often overlap - Walt Disney

I'm surprised it is still there as well! They could do so much with that whole Imagination pavilion - maybe they make a Figment/Dreamfinder 3-D movie?

Old 02-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #156
tinkgurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfan71 View Post
I like your list of favorites...here are mine as I've only been to MK, DHS, and Epcot
Thanks! You'll love AK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTreeHillAddict View Post
Haha, well that's fine with me too!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:39 AM   #157
tinkgurl

Attraction of the Day...

Okay, I just got another brillant idea for a conversation starter while I patiently (not) wait for June hours to be posted and our 90 day slot to make ADR's... I'm going to start an "Attraction of the Day" and go through my list of favorite things that I recently posted. Each day will be a different attraction and Iwill post something about it like a favorite memory etc. And then, it's everyone else's turn to do the same about that attraction!

Today's attraction is....Big Thunder

Here's one of my favorite memories about Big Thunder: Back in 2001, we went my whole family-both sets of grandparents and all. From my '08 TR, you got to see Granny and Papa-one of the sets. So we get on Big Thunder, Granny and Papa are sitting in the row in front of me and my mom..the ride starts and Papa being the country boy that he is starts waving his arm up in the air yelling "Yee-ha" and stuff just to make us laugh. Well then Granny notices Papa doing this and starts yelling at him "Put our arm down! Put it down! You're going to hit it on something!" He doesn't quit. Haha. So the whole ride he's doing that, Granny's yelling, and mom and I are hanging onto each other because we're laughing so hard we're crying. Now everytime we go on Big Thunder, I have to do a "Yee-ha" at least once.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 AM   #158
KeepSwimmingDory
DIS Veteran

Great idea Tink!

I love your story. What a fun family! I may do that next time I ride to embarrass my serious son. He's easy to annoy. And his twin brother will join right in if I start it.

My Big Thunder Mountain memory is from a few years ago when my four boys were all still living at home. We were at Magic Kingdom and back in the BTM area when it was getting close to time for the fireworks. Well, the boys of course chose to ride more BTM than head up to see the fireworks. It was also starting to sprinkle but no lightning so the ride stayed open. The boys got on BTM and just as their train took off the fireworks started and they watched them hooting and hollering the whole time. It was one of their favorite Disney moments ever I think. For them being on BTM with rain and fireworks was just magical!

DH and I had already had enough BTM for the evening so we stood closeby and watched the fireworks by ourselves in the rain having our own little magical moment. I can picture it now!

Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #159
TxRabbit
DIS Veteran

My favorite BTMRR memory is from the P&PP.

Earlier in our trip, the family headed over to Toontown to ride Goofy's Barnstormer, which was one of DSs favs from our other trip. Only to find that it was closed. I forget what happened. But it wasn't something that was scheduled, so I didn't know about it.

This event WRECKED our MK day. It was absolutely ruined. Like 10:00am, Toontown just opened and the day is OVER. We needed a major distraction, moving onto a completely different event, it's time to leave MK kind of instantaneous planning. YAY Disboards! We ended up in DTD and at DQ. Whew. The sadness of the day was completely forgotten in how awesome DQ was!

I had to give you that background so you can understand DSs emotional state as we are in P&PP and are just hoping against hope that Branstormer's issues were fixed so that we could ride this ride. And we find that it is still closed.

DS didn't care for Space Mountain too much. So I am trying to convince him that TMRR is really just like a longer version of Barnstormer. Way more like Barnstormer than Space Mountain. Are you sure you don't want to ride it?

After much convincing, much later in the evening, DS decided he would give it a try.

Amazingly, DH, DS, and I all fit in one seat together. This worked out well for DS because instead of being tossed against the hard car, he got to rock back and forth between squishy DH and me.

He LOVED the ride! And when I say he LOVED the ride. I mean that we ended up riding that ride 10X!! During the P&PP party!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:46 AM   #160
Enchanted
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Attraction of the Day...

Okay, I just got another brillant idea for a conversation starter while I patiently (not) wait for June hours to be posted and our 90 day slot to make ADR's... I'm going to start an "Attraction of the Day" and go through my list of favorite things that I recently posted. Each day will be a different attraction and Iwill post something about it like a favorite memory etc. And then, it's everyone else's turn to do the same about that attraction!

Today's attraction is....Big Thunder

Here's one of my favorite memories about Big Thunder: Back in 2001, we went my whole family-both sets of grandparents and all. From my '08 TR, you got to see Granny and Papa-one of the sets. So we get on Big Thunder, Granny and Papa are sitting in the row in front of me and my mom..the ride starts and Papa being the country boy that he is starts waving his arm up in the air yelling "Yee-ha" and stuff just to make us laugh. Well then Granny notices Papa doing this and starts yelling at him "Put our arm down! Put it down! You're going to hit it on something!" He doesn't quit. Haha. So the whole ride he's doing that, Granny's yelling, and mom and I are hanging onto each other because we're laughing so hard we're crying. Now everytime we go on Big Thunder, I have to do a "Yee-ha" at least once.
That is TOO funny! I would have died laughing too.

Let's see, a story about Big Thunder....

Back in the days when our entire family went to the World, my aunt, uncle, and I were the only "thrill-seekers" so we typically rode the coasters alone while my mom and dad kept my brothers busy. Well, we finally goaded one of my brothers (who's almost two years younger than me) to ride Big Thunder with us because we felt that Big Thunder was the "starter" roller coaster. So we get in line, and the wait time was something fairly reasonable like twenty minutes. Well some "technical difficulties" happened with the ride which stretched the wait to about forty minutes. (I don't know what it is about Big Thunder but when we ride stand-by there always seems to be "technical difficulties.") The whole time we're in line, my uncle and I are torturing my brother, who was probably 11 or 12 at the time, about what Big Thunder is "like." He was trying to be brave, keeping his chin up and trying to ignore us. My aunt kept reassuring him that we were lying about the 60 mph speeds and the 300 ft underground drop (Yes, I was quite the evil teenager back then. ), but he didn't seem too convinced.

So we finally get to the loading dock, and my brother starts having a nervous breakdown. He starts shaking his head, all pale and clammy, and going, "I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go, I don't wanna go." Still, when the train pulls up, he climbs in! My aunt's all concerned and keeps asking him if he wants to leave. He keeps shaking his head and even gets a bit teary-eyed, but won't get out of the train. At this point, my uncle and I are feeling really guilty, but we can't help a small giggle as we climb in.

The ride starts, and we're off! My brother keeps making all of these panicky squeaks throughout the ride as my uncle and I hoot and holler with glee. When the ride is over, we all climb out, and my brother is still kind of weak in the knees. My uncle goes, "So what'd you think?" And my brother's face lights up and he goes, "That was AWESOME! Let's do it again!" We laughed so hard, I thought I might bust my spleen! (And just so you know, that same brother? His favorite ride at Disney these days? RNRC! )

Also, both of my brothers have called Big Thunder "Danger Mountain" ever since the Disneyland accident when one of the trains hopped the rails. Yeah, they think they're hilarious.

BTW, this is a great idea, Tink!
Old 02-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #161
Disneyfan71

I LOVE your idea!!!!

My Big Thunder Memory: Well I have several. But it would have to be the first time I went to MK...this was 1980 and BTMRR was finished but not operating yet. And I remember riding the Steam Boat and passed by it. I was like, "wow that's really cool. I can't wait to come back and ride it." Just seeing everything, the track, theming, ect..I was SOOOO excited.

But in 1983, I was back and rode it for the first time---I was so scared b/c I just didn't know what to expect. When it started out going through that dark tunnel..I was REALLY scared. But after it was over..I was like, "Let's ride it again."

So that's my BTMRR memory

Old 02-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #162
megveg
Drink up me hearties, yo ho!

Ohhh BTM is my favorite! My favorite BTM memory is last May DBF and I and his family went to MK at night for our First night of parks and DBF and I went on BTM and we came out of one of the tunnels and it was kinda sprinkling but not bad, and we look up and WISHES is starting! it was so wonderful and a sparkling memory and a great way to start DBFs first trip to the world <3

I'll never forget it

"Some days you eat the bear,
some days the bear eats you,
but always dress for the hunt!"
KUNGALOOSH!

Past Trips: 5/96' Offsite with Family
11/05' With my highschool Choir -ASMu
5/08' Graduation Trip - Shades of Green
5/09' Memorial Week Trip - Poly
Nov 2014: Homestead for NASCAR + a lil Disney/UO
Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #163
autumnpalm
Hates dark rooms, is a big rule follower, & loves repitition
When I was a kid, I wanted to be a host on The Shopping Channel
I have a secret feeling that butterflies are sinister creatures

Great idea!!!

I don't have any particularly funny memories about BTMRR, but when we were at Disney in December, we went to the second last MVMCP. We were able to walk right on to BTMRR and ride it several times without having to get off. The CMs were so great, getting us to cheer and yell every time we came in the station, singing, etc. IT was just one of those magical, purely happy moments. The combination of the castle dream lights with the black sky and racing through the mountain... it was just wonderful!
Old 02-04-2009, 02:13 PM   #164
WDWRocksMySocks
maybe I just have mullets on the brain?

Ooh, I love your attraction of the day idea! I might have to steal it (I have A LONG wait 'til August). Love your memory of BTMRR, I could totally see my Grandpa doing something like that to mess with my Grandma. Too funny!

One of my favorite memories was when one of my nephews was tall enough to finally ride it. His brothers kept teasing him, saying he was too short to ride. When he walked up to check his height he cleared it and started doing a victory dance. The CMs that were there gave him high fives. It was so cute! We had to ride it again and again after that.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #165
ariel2007
Newbie Disser

Ooo thats hard, I have a few. Thunder Mountain was one of our first ever rides on our very first trip to Disneyland Paris in 1994. My step-brother was absolutely terrified of the ride, and refused to ride anything else. When he eventually did he kept asking how fast it went and how scary it was, even Small World . However one of our funniest memories from WDW was actually riding Thunder Mountain. I screamed so loudly the whole way around, and forgot to stop as we came into the station. All the people waiting to ride looked really worried that the ride was going to be really scary, opps

Ariel 2007
ME, 24 - Tigger
April 2008 ~ ~ Our Magical WDW Adventure ~ COMPLETED TRIP REPORT HERE
July 2006 ~ Port Orleans, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Miami - My 21st January 2005 ~ All Star Movies; June/July 1998 ~ I-Drive + Fort Lauderdale
DLP ~ 1994, 1995, 2000, My 16th birthday: 2001, NYE: 2006/2007, 22nd B'day: 2007, Halloween and 5 year dating anniversary: 2008
It's A Small World ~ Mega Pre-trippie including Disneyland Paris and Dollywood HERE

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: