Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 09:37 PM   #16
not_Joanna_eggs
DIS Veteran

OHH DCL - I'm so jealous! That's what I really wanted! I'm eager to see how it all goes!

Your engagement story is so great! And I love the green ring. I think the green dress would look great, but I totally understand wanting a white dress too....

Can't wait to read how it all comes together!
not_Joanna_eggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #17
camara381
DIS Veteran

Welcome and congrats!!! Loving all your plans so far... very unique!!!! Can't wait to read the rest.

Carolina * : DH: Sergio * DS: Marcel * DS: Aleczander * DDog: Romeo

Holy Redeemer Catholic Church/ Italy Isola / Italy Plaza / Living Seas Salon (LSS)
My Planning Journal September 05, 2009
camara381 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2009, 05:02 PM   #18
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
OHHHHH I'm so sorry about your camera! Thats no fun, BUTTTTTT I love your e-story! That is so cool how he tricked you a bit! I love POR and we have decided to stay at the WL for some of our Disneymoon, so that is sooo nice to hear, and it must have been so special for you both!!!

That is so cool how you were like a celeb at the MK after you got engaged! I love it! Totally hooked on your PJ!
Thanks! I love telling our engagement story lol. POR is my parents favorite resort so i've been there a lot and WL is mine so it was a nice mix to have involved in our engagement.

I love the CMs at MK, I always feel like a mini celebrity lol. DF knows more people than I do though. Even the Photographers taking our picture knew him and the people at CRT said we could eat there if we wanted to, but we were full, not to mention it's rather pricey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiller View Post
Hi there from over at No Buy!

I LOVE your ring!

Can't wait to read more!
Hello! Thanks for coming over. I've seen you on the CVS threads too. I CVS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by not_Joanna_eggs View Post
OHH DCL - I'm so jealous! That's what I really wanted! I'm eager to see how it all goes!

Your engagement story is so great! And I love the green ring. I think the green dress would look great, but I totally understand wanting a white dress too....

Can't wait to read how it all comes together!
Thanks for reading! I can't wait to see how it all works out either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camara381 View Post
Welcome and congrats!!! Loving all your plans so far... very unique!!!! Can't wait to read the rest.
Thanks! I hope to keep things pretty unique, though I think I am going to enjoy stealing everyone's ideas here! I just read your PJ and everything sounds wonderful!
spacerangerqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #19
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

welcome

welcome and congrats-love your story looking forward to hearing more! your plans sound fantastic so far
Old 02-12-2009, 03:35 PM   #20
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

I called DFTW!!! Yey! They took down all my info and someone should get back to me in a couple of days!
Old 02-12-2009, 05:24 PM   #21
Enderikari
Earning My Ears

Wait... You're getting married? No one told me!
Enderikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 06:50 PM   #22
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enderikari View Post
Wait... You're getting married? No one told me!
Silly boy! You're not allowed in here
Old 02-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #23
Enderikari
Earning My Ears

What? I go through all that trouble, and get kicked off of a fan board..? Fine, I know when I am not appreciated....
Enderikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #24
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Hi Becky!! Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the DCL Wedding/VR club! We are a small but growing group!

I love your engagement ring, it's beautiful! And kudos to your new DF on his wonderful proposal!! the carriage ride sounded so romantic!

Congrats on contacting DFTW! Kathy should be contacting you soon! I hope you get a good date! Then hurry back and tell me all about it so i know what to expect when we sail in December!

Jennifer

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #25
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29apr00 View Post
Hi Becky!! Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the DCL Wedding/VR club! We are a small but growing group!

I love your engagement ring, it's beautiful! And kudos to your new DF on his wonderful proposal!! the carriage ride sounded so romantic!

Congrats on contacting DFTW! Kathy should be contacting you soon! I hope you get a good date! Then hurry back and tell me all about it so i know what to expect when we sail in December!

Jennifer
Thanks!

I'm happy to join the DCL group.
Cathy actually called me today I was totally not expecting it. She said there is one slot left for an onboard wedding. I am going to try to get the cruise booked this weekend and then get the wedding booked on Tuesday. Cathy said she wouldn't be in on Monday

She went over all the things I pretty much knew already.
She did say that since we are Florida residents there is some kind of 3 day waiting period for a marriage license so we have to go to the courthouse and get it on our own. Since that is included in the price we will get an additional $120 credit on our room. Now I need to see if I can get a license cheaper than that so I make some money off the deal!

So to celebrate I went and made some online purchases!

I got this tank in green. I'm going to wear it on the cruise DF and I are going on with his family in March!

The flip flops were on clearance for $2.99. I also searched and found a code for $5 off and I am getting 7% back through sunshine rewards
Old 02-13-2009, 05:44 PM   #26
DisneyDmbNut

When You Wish Upon A Star...
WL Vet

Yeah!!

another DCL wedding!! You will love it!!!

DisneyDmbNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:25 PM   #27
29apr00
Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!

Yeah! Love sunshine rewards!!

Good luck getting everything booked! I think so far that has been the most stressful part!

29apr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #28
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

I thought the marriage licence was only 93 dollars or something like that. I also learned that if you go to some pre marriage counseling classes you get $30 off (I think it is 30 off). There was a lady at the wedding show that I attended who did the counseling, I think she is in winter Park or somewhere. She was great. Her information is at my mom's house, if you're interested I will get it next time I'm over there.
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #29
princess22
I would just lay around the pool
How long til I'm not earning my ears anymore?

How funny... I just went and checked my e-mail after posting that last message and I had an e-mail from the marriage counselor I was just telling you about. She has a seminar on March 7 from 12:00-5:00. Her e-mail says that if you attend it will save you over $30 and you won't have to wait the 3 days!!! If you want me to forward you the e-mail, PM your e-mail address!!!
princess22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #30
spacerangerqueen
DIS Veteran

Planner and other news

So after talking with Cathy on Friday I called my mom yesterday. We discussed everything and after i got of the phone I booked the cruise!
So tomorrow I will call and give Cathy our confirmation number and we can add the wedding on!

I also bought Carrie's book. Then today I went out and got a planner/binder on sale at Target. I printed out the cruise chapter of the DFTW passporter and put it in the planner along with our cruise confirmation page.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: