Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Choose a place for the meet & greet
Goofy Pool 3pm first day. 1 14.29%
Promenade Lounge 3pm first day. 5 71.43%
I like one of these locations but prefer to discuss a different time. 1 14.29%
I can't make any meet & greets. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #31
JSBFLYERS10
Earning My Ears

Getting close, I hope our passports show up before then.

Read and post cruise reviews
dd dw : dd16 ds15
JSBFLYERS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #32
blossomz
Proud DVC owner since 2002!

We have our passports..but I'm shopping shorts for the 19 year old guy now!..and swim trunks for both, and shirts, pirate garb, and....
Register to remove

Old 05-10-2009, 04:10 PM   #33
blossomz

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgrumpydad View Post
We are on board (DD age 13) & DW. Staying at AKV for 2 days before the cruise and visiting the coast on Saturday before the cruise. Any good seafood hangouts near the port?

Any other teen girls going/or been to "Aloft"? My DD is wondering what there is to do and possible meet a DIS'er before we go.

Many thanks in advance.
We'll be at Kidani for 5 days prior! cruising with my 19 and 21 young men sons!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #34
amc3007
Earning My Ears

Fish Extenders?!

Is anyone planning on doing the Fish Extender Exchange? We had such a blast last cruise doing it! Please let me know who is doing the Fish Extender Exchange. For those who don't know what it is... please use the search button on this forum and read all about it! =-)
amc3007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:52 PM   #35
blossomz

OK..I searched and bunches came up..but I still don't know what you are talking about! Please explain...from what I can tell it sounds fun...details please!
Old 05-11-2009, 06:54 PM   #36
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Hi to the new people on the thread! Glad to see there are more Diser's going on the cruise.

I have started our shopping too. Not sure yet what we are going to do with the pirate garb. DS has an entire costume. DH and I may just play off of that or maybe we will all start from scratch.

We haven't really discussed doing a fish extender on this thread yet. Is anyone interested?
Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #37
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomz View Post
OK..I searched and bunches came up..but I still don't know what you are talking about! Please explain...from what I can tell it sounds fun...details please!
I think it all usually starts with a DIS meet first. If we all wanted to set a time and place to meet.

The fish extender is something you hang on the metal fish note clip that is on the outside of your cabin door. It is made of fabric and has several pockets on it. Various times during the cruise, we would each put small gifts or surprises in each other's fish extenders. You can either make your own or buy one off of ebay. There are Diser's that make them and sell them on there.

here are some on ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...der&category0=
Old 05-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #38
blossomz

OMG they are cute! What kinds of gifts do people buy?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #39
amc3007
Earning My Ears

Sorry I didn't explain more... Yes they are pockets that hang from the fish outside the door. People do a kind of "gift" exchange during the entire cruise! My daughter loved getting the prizes all cruise long! We got anything from Candy, to beach balls, to swim floatys. It was really fun! I got one off of eBay... here is the link to the seller I bought it from. It was really cute and personalized! So we need to exchange room numbers and what ages are in the party, for everyone who is participating. My room number is 2143 and I have a 1 year old and a 4 year old.
~Amanda
Old 05-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #40
amc3007
Earning My Ears

Can't post my link ... just search eBay under fish extender and the sellers name is coulsod. They did great work! I also decorated the outside of our cabin with a disney princess poster and other magnets!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #41
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Amanda I gather that you've done DCL before? What cruises have you done? How was the experiences?? Maybe you have info that us newbies could use!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #42
amc3007
Earning My Ears

We just went on in March of this year and had such a great time! If you have little girls... bring your princess costumes!!! Also bring costumes for pirate night! The pirate night show out on deck is the best and not to be missed! Also Disney Dreams was my favorite show too! My other advise would be to buy disney stuff before you go... the stuff on board is really expensive! Not sure what other advise you need... any questions?
Old 05-11-2009, 08:30 PM   #43
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSBFLYERS10 View Post
Getting close, I hope our passports show up before then.
When did you send off for them? We got ours in about 2-3 weeks. I think it was closer to 2.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #44
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc3007 View Post
We just went on in March of this year and had such a great time! If you have little girls... bring your princess costumes!!! Also bring costumes for pirate night! The pirate night show out on deck is the best and not to be missed! Also Disney Dreams was my favorite show too! My other advise would be to buy disney stuff before you go... the stuff on board is really expensive! Not sure what other advise you need... any questions?
Great Thanks!!! Well, we have a boy (5) so it's mostly pirate night we need to worry about. I can't wait! I want to dress up but how much probably will depend on DH. DS will have a costume for sure.

Did you have a verandah room? That is what we got. I was thinking it will be nice for me and DH to hang out on the balcony while DS takes a nap.

I'm sure I can think up more questions as the cruise gets closer.
Are you driving or flying? We are driving and are staying at cocoa beach the night before. I can't wait to check everything out.... onboard and off!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:32 AM   #45
amc3007
Earning My Ears

We are driving... we live 45 minutes away in Orlando. We got two inside adjoining rooms... We take our baby video monitor for the kids room. Yes it does work between the rooms... It is a good idea to stay in Cocoa the night before... that way you can make sure you are at the port on time! =-) Might want to bring something for the characters to autograph.. last time my in-laws got my daughter all the princess singing cards from Hallmark. The characters really liked signing something different then the traditional autograph books. This time we are bringing a princess poster that hangs on the door to have everyone sign.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: