Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: Choose a place for the meet & greet
Goofy Pool 3pm first day. 1 14.29%
Promenade Lounge 3pm first day. 5 71.43%
I like one of these locations but prefer to discuss a different time. 1 14.29%
I can't make any meet & greets. 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 05:52 PM   #196
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Quick question... On the Disney Cruise line website it says to go to "cruise terminal A" at the port. But when i try to map it out, they only have cruise terminal NUMBERS. Which terminal is the correct one??
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 PM   #197
smh071
Earning My Ears
 
smh071's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Quick question... On the Disney Cruise line website it says to go to "cruise terminal A" at the port. But when i try to map it out, they only have cruise terminal NUMBERS. Which terminal is the correct one??
When you are approaching Port Canaveral there are signs that will direct you to the appropriate Cruise Terminal. It is marked really well. The Port is small anyway. Two more days We are staying at Cocoa the night before so that we can be at the terminal bright and early
__________________
smh071 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-25-2009, 07:54 PM   #198
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by smh071 View Post
When you are approaching Port Canaveral there are signs that will direct you to the appropriate Cruise Terminal. It is marked really well. The Port is small anyway. Two more days We are staying at Cocoa the night before so that we can be at the terminal bright and early
Thanks!
We will be at Cocoa Beach too!
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #199
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Meet & greet

I think it's safe to say from viewing the poll that our new place & time for the meet and greet is at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge.

How will we find each other? We could have a lime green Mickey Head viewable.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:02 PM   #200
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer
 
Mean Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 12,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
I think it's safe to say from viewing the poll that our new place & time for the meet and greet is at 3pm in the Promenade Lounge.

How will we find each other? We could have a lime green Mickey Head viewable.
My group will be wearing matching t-shirts that say "G.B.F. Cruisers". I don't have any lime green Mickey Heads. I know, unthinkable for a Dis'er.
__________________

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #201
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
My group will be wearing matching t-shirts that say "G.B.F. Cruisers". I don't have any lime green Mickey Heads. I know, unthinkable for a Dis'er.
That's ok about the lime green. You have a large group. I sort of figured you guys would be easy to find.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:35 PM   #202
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer
 
Mean Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 12,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
That's ok about the lime green. You have a large group. I sort of figured you guys would be easy to find.
And we're loud to boot. So everyone just look for the large, loud group in matching shirts.
__________________

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #203
angtomczak
Earning My Ears
 
angtomczak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 39

excitement overload!!!

I am packed. My FE's are packed. My documents are signed and/or copied and packed. My list is 99.9% checked off. Just finished cutting out the last of my door decorations (and my fingers hurt), and they are packed.

Tomorrow I'm only working for a couple of hours and I'm heading to town (ALONE) to get trimmed, polished, waxed, highlighted and whatever else they deem necessary!

Starting at 11:30 tomorrow am, I'm leaving my cares behind!
angtomczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:18 PM   #204
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer
 
Mean Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 12,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by angtomczak View Post
I am packed. My FE's are packed. My documents are signed and/or copied and packed. My list is 99.9% checked off. Just finished cutting out the last of my door decorations (and my fingers hurt), and they are packed.

Tomorrow I'm only working for a couple of hours and I'm heading to town (ALONE) to get trimmed, polished, waxed, highlighted and whatever else they deem necessary!

Starting at 11:30 tomorrow am, I'm leaving my cares behind!
I did the polishing and waxing today. Tomorrow I will finish cutting out the last of my door decorations until my fingers hurt. We're pretty much packed, so tomorrow night we'll put it all in the car.
__________________

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 06:54 PM   #205
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Can't wait to see you guys on the ship tomorrow. We are in cocoa beach now. Sitting on the balcony of our hotel watching the waves roll in!! I've seen several cruise ships pass, including the Magic!! I realized on the way here that I forgot ALL of our door decorations at home. BUMMER!! Oh well, at least i still have the FE and all the gifts.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 07:19 PM   #206
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer
 
Mean Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 12,305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueyed Girl View Post
Can't wait to see you guys on the ship tomorrow. We are in cocoa beach now. Sitting on the balcony of our hotel watching the waves roll in!! I've seen several cruise ships pass, including the Magic!! I realized on the way here that I forgot ALL of our door decorations at home. BUMMER!! Oh well, at least i still have the FE and all the gifts.
That's a good reminder to those of us who haven't left yet! I just put my magnets in my carry on bag and made sure all my FE's gifts were packed. I had double and triple checked clothes, but I don't want to forget all the other stuff.

See you all tomorrow!
__________________

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #207
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

WELCOME HOME EVERYONE!!!!

So, how about that weather??? I am so bummed out about the Castaway Cay day. I try not to think about it too much because it starts to upset me. All in all we did have a good time and hope we can cruise again in the near future. Our last day was great with the sun shining we hung out at the Mickey pool all day long. Hope you all had a good cruise too despite the bad weather. We had such a good time meeting some of you guys and doing the exchange. There were a couple of times when we couldn't deliver because some of you were AT your door when we showed up so we kept walking and tried to be "stealth like". We had fun with it.

Ok, since I wasn't able to label all of our FE gifts. Here is a picture of the different items we handed out. So if you got some of these, they were from us in Stateroom 7620.

__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 09:20 PM   #208
Mean Queen
If only life were like a musical....
I always appreciate snarky
A whole zoo!
I blame it all on the computer
 
Mean Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: St. Pete, FL
Posts: 12,305

It was great getting to meet some of you and I loved all the FE gifts. Our friends who went with us but aren't on the board now want to join the DIS. They're going on the 7 day for Labor day weekend and the kids don't want to miss out on the FE gifts.

Our gifts were in part courtesy of the marketing department of the city of St. Petersburg. So they were obvious, since they all said St. Pete on them (like the ducks, luggage tags, and pens.) The girls in our group had a lot of fun delivering the gifts.

While the rain stunk, the cruise was still very fun and very short. But a short, rainy cruise is better than most anything else I can think of.
__________________

DVC Owners - SSR & BLT DCL: 11/05 ~ 5/07 ~ 11/08 ~ 6/09 ~ 8/10 ~ 3/11B2B ~ 11/11 ~ 6/12 ~9/12 ~ 11/13 ~ 1/14 ~ 6/14 ~ 11/14
Mean Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 10:40 PM   #209
Blueyed Girl
HAKUNA MATATA!
 
Blueyed Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 4,397

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Queen View Post
It was great getting to meet some of you and I loved all the FE gifts. Our friends who went with us but aren't on the board now want to join the DIS. They're going on the 7 day for Labor day weekend and the kids don't want to miss out on the FE gifts.

Our gifts were in part courtesy of the marketing department of the city of St. Petersburg. So they were obvious, since they all said St. Pete on them (like the ducks, luggage tags, and pens.) The girls in our group had a lot of fun delivering the gifts.

While the rain stunk, the cruise was still very fun and very short. But a short, rainy cruise is better than most anything else I can think of.
I totally agree!

Thanks to everyone for the FE gifts. DS had so much fun getting his "surprises" out of the FE each day/night. All of the gifts were fantastic!! And some homemade gifts blew me away. You guys are creative!

PS- Thanks for the 2 magnets we received! It made me feel like I "fit in" since I had forgotten all my magnets at home.
__________________
Blueyed Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:25 PM   #210
JackNMel
Mouseketeer
 
JackNMel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 132

Hey everyone! We had a great time on our cruise! The weather wasn't great on Castaway Cay, but we loved our time on the island anyway! I will have to get my husband to help me download the FE pics I took before we left (stop laughing, Mean Queen), I did the bookmarks, cruising with Mickey magnets, some princess stuff for the girls, and pirates of the caribbean night lights for the boys along with some random pirate stuff. I will do pics later. My biggest beef with the cruise is that there is just too much stuff to do!! Four nights is not nearly enough time to experience it all. I guess we will just have to do it again sometime, huh? It was nice meeting everyone, doing the fish extenders was really fun.
JackNMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.