Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 09:39 PM   #121
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Ooooooh...I know what is coming next! I hope it was as good as the first time you went. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I cannot thank you enough for recommending this place...it is just amazing, we have been here twice and the food is outstanding, the service is the best I have ever had anywhere and yes it is pricey but soooo worth it!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:41 PM   #122
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I cannot thank you enough for recommending this place...it is just amazing, we have been here twice and the food is outstanding, the service is the best I have ever had anywhere and yes it is pricey but soooo worth it!
I am so happy! And tell Todd he owes me BIG TIME. I don't know what he owes me, but I'll think of something.

And I think you are a terrific aunt for taking the girls. I'm hoping for warmer weather and less "tour groups" for you tomorrow.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #123
TinkerBelle_325
The Disney Foodie and a Polynesian Obsessive!

Ooooo thank you so much for the Hawaii garden view pics!!

I'll be staying GVCL in Sept 2009 and its nice to see that perspective.
**NEW** TheDisneyFoodie Blog....coming soon!
TinkerBelle_325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #124
MickeyNicki

I just want to take this moment to give all you guys that have kids a shout out...YOU ARE AMAZING!

How do you guys do it? I asked the 6 year old five times, do you have to go the bathroom...NO she says...then we get in line and she says I have to go the bathroom NOW! Do you have any idea how many times she did that to me??

Or swinging the chains in the ride lanes? Or not holding my hand in a crowd? Or being a picky eater? Or having a temper tantrum? Cant even sit next to my own husband, the little one keeps getting in the way All these things that used to irk me as a non parental unit now I completely understand!

You guys are my heros...now I need another drink....where's the Tylenol??
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #125
MickeyNicki

Quote:
I am so happy! And tell Todd he owes me BIG TIME. I don't know what he owes me, but I'll think of something.

And I think you are a terrific aunt for taking the girls. I'm hoping for warmer weather and less "tour groups" for you tomorrow.
He owes you a drink! We need to go at at the same time and drinks are on Todd! I hope it warms up, we have had the heat on in the room the last 3 days! Nothing like seeing the Volcano pool every morning and not being able to use it....poor kids are going nutty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325 View Post
Ooooo thank you so much for the Hawaii garden view pics!!

I'll be staying GVCL in Sept 2009 and its nice to see that perspective.
You lucky thing! The kids and I walked the beach and the view from the lounge is the most wonderful thing ever!
Old 01-22-2009, 09:49 PM   #126
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just want to take this moment to give all you guys that have kids...YOU ARE AMAZING!

How do you guys do it? I asked the 6 year old five times, do you have to go the bathroom...NO she says...then we get in line and she says I have to go the bathroom NOW! Do you have any idea how many times she did that to me??

Or swinging the chains in the ride lanes? Or not holding my hand in a crowd? Or being a picky eater? Or having a temper tantrum? Cant even sit next to my own husband, the little one keeps getting in the way All these things that used to irk me as a non parental unit now I completely understand!

Welcome to our world! Just keep drinking...it will help. And then they'll grow up and you'll wonder where the he** the years went to and wish they were little again...even if they aren't yours.
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #127
hmdavid
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just want to take this moment to give all you guys that have kids a shout out...YOU ARE AMAZING!

I don't even remember the last time I sat next to my husband! I have the kid thing figured out, for me the worst is when my MIL is with us. On our trip in September we spent soooo much time in the bathroom. 5 kids in the group could all go to the bathroom at the same time, but it NEVER failed, 15 minutes later the MIL would have to use the restroom!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #128
ktmetke
The Disney Family Grows One Smile At A Time!

You guys are a wonderful Auntie and Uncle to take your neices to Disney!!

Last edited by ktmetke; 01-22-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Oops, I can't spell tonight!
ktmetke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 05:52 AM   #129
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Or swinging the chains in the ride lanes?

It is physically impossible for children to go to Disney and NOT swing on, sit on, pull on, climb under or knock down those chains.

Lovin your report as always!

Last edited by chocovrdmicears; 01-23-2009 at 06:26 AM.
chocovrdmicears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #130
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Mickeynicki. How was the fried lobster? I love anything, and everything fried. Was it worth the price? I am thinking of going here to celebrate my birthday, and fried lobster, sounds like the ticket!

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #131
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Here is some friendly advice about kids..... what i do to avoid this situation in the parks is say to my daughter I'm going to potty why don't you come try to.

Sure enough it always works. Goood Luck thank god for pain relievers and beverages at dinner right.

I'm really enjoying your review thanks for sharing your vacation with us.

Belinda
accountingbabe08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #132
jeminni
It's 5 o'clock somewhere

Quote:

What makes it all worthwhile is when you hear your little one ( in this case your niece) say it was the best day of her life. And as Katmark said, the years go by way too fast and before you know it your child is an adult. Enjoy the rest of your trip with the girls, hug them often and have a nice relaxing drink or two at night.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:06 AM   #133
luvpooh
oh bother!

NICKI!!! We were at Fulton's last night too! I can't believe we missed you! We sat at the bar and had 2 Mai Tai's each...we needed them after the rough travel day w/DH and all his ailments. Had the great calamari, some oysters and yummy stone crab claws...

Oh well, maybe we will see you today at Epcot, I will be pushing DH in a wheelchair so keep your eyes open for us, I'll look for a tired auntie with a Grey Goose lemon slushie!

Hopefully it will be warmer today (we haven't ventured out and about yet...)
luvpooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:24 AM   #134
traci
Doesn't want any Tags

Quote:

This made me laugh Hey, atleast you haven't been thrown up on, asked where do babies come from, screamed at for picking out the wrong outfit to wear to school and have snot rubbed on your shirt, . Oh, and you get to sleep beside your husband...just wait...we usually have a kid in bed with us every other night it seems

**secretly it's all good though**

Loving your reviews I can't believe how cold it is though. Is that typical? We have never been this time of year.
2007 Polynesian MK View
2008 Grand Floridian GV
2009 Grand Floridian RPC & Animal Kingdom Lodge CL
2009 Grand Floridian RPC
2010 Grand Floridian GRAND SUITE!
2011 Grand Floridian TPV
2012 Grand Floridian TPV
2013 Grand Floridian TPV
**DISNEYLAND**
Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel & Paradise Pier
weekend trips 2010 to present!
traci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #135
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
Welcome to our world! Just keep drinking...it will help. And then they'll grow up and you'll wonder where the he** the years went to and wish they were little again...even if they aren't yours.
Couldn't have said it better!

Nicki - I'm so glad Fulton's once again impressed, we LOVED it!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: