Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2009, 05:51 PM   #77
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Could you get some extra Strawberry soup tonight, it sounds really good right now

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #78
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Ok we are back and I am totally exhausted but I am going to try my hardest to get day 1 posted...forgive me for any typos as my hands are freezing from the 39 degree temp tonight, supposed to get to the high 20's! I also apologize if the pics are not up to snuff...it is so much harder with kids!

This morning I had a 6am wake up call so DH and I could get ready and then get the girls up...waking up to nice Poly Hawaiian music is my kind of wake up call although Brad Pitt would work nicely too! We went to the lobby to get the girls their tickets and man it was freezing! All of us were in 4 layers of clothes and that wasnt enough, the poor little one was a popcicle.

As you will soon see, Day 1 was all about timing! Monorail was right there for us and it was heated! Thank goodness! We walked right into MK, walked right into CP and we were seated at 8:05 on the dot to a completely empty place.....and it stayed that way for the 40 minutes we were there! I have never seen it so dead or so quiet, we loved it!

The girls ate very well here, the older one loved the sausage and the hard boil eggs..and the puffed french toast which was AWESOME! She had hot cocoa and they brought her out a plate of mini marshmallows

The little one had grapes (she can eat her weight in grapes) and half an apple, 2 blueberry muffins (she kept telling us to try them they were so good) a puffed french toast and donut holes...nothing like processed and natural sugar to get you going! Apple juice was the drink of the morning!

Here is my plate, which I inhaled, I guess the cold makes you hungry! Love the eggs, the sausage was amazing, killer biscuits and gravy, wonderful red skin potatoes but the corn beef hash is horrible...too salty! The potato casserole was also terrible, the potatoes were not cooked and the topping was too sandy texture wise. And of course, puffed toast! This was just a fantastic way to start our day!

Todd had a plate o' stuff...basically all of the above but he had bacon!

Since the place was so empty I have a ton of buffet pics, the charcters spent a ton of time with the few people that were in there...it was just a blast and the girls had such an amazing time. The little one kept saying "this is the best day of my life!"
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #79
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Ok we are back and I am totally exhausted but I am going to try my hardest to get day 1 posted...forgive me for any typos as my hands are freezing from the 39 degree temp tonight, supposed to get to the high 20's! I also apologize if the pics are not up to snuff...it is so much harder with kids!

This morning I had a 6am wake up call so DH and I could get ready and then get the girls up...waking up to nice Poly Hawaiian music is my kind of wake up call although Brad Pitt would work nicely too! We went to the lobby to get the girls their tickets and man it was freezing! All of us were in 4 layers of clothes and that wasnt enough, the poor little one was a popcicle.

As you will soon see, Day 1 was all about timing! Monorail was right there for us and it was heated! Thank goodness! We walked right into MK, walked right into CP and we were seated at 8:05 on the dot to a completely empty place.....and it stayed that way for the 40 minutes we were there! I have never seen it so dead or so quiet, we loved it!

The girls ate very well here, the older one loved the sausage and the hard boil eggs..and the puffed french toast which was AWESOME! She had hot cocoa and they brought her out a plate of mini marshmallows

The little one had grapes (she can eat her weight in grapes) and half an apple, 2 blueberry muffins (she kept telling us to try them they were so good) a puffed french toast and donut holes...nothing like processed and natural sugar to get you going! Apple juice was the drink of the morning!

Here is my plate, which I inhaled, I guess the cold makes you hungry! Love the eggs, the sausage was amazing, killer biscuits and gravy, wonderful red skin potatoes but the corn beef hash is horrible...too salty! The potato casserole was also terrible, the potatoes were not cooked and the topping was too sandy texture wise. And of course, puffed toast! This was just a fantastic way to start our day!

Todd had a plate o' stuff...basically all of the above but he had bacon!

Since the place was so empty I have a ton of buffet pics, the charcters spent a ton of time with the few people that were in there...it was just a blast and the girls had such an amazing time. The little one kept saying "this is the best day of my life!"
Sounds like a great start! And you were worried. The puffed french toast is my favorite part of CP--I could eat it all day long. Sorry the potatos were not good--they are usually really good. Anxious for more--and hope you have pictures of the girls.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:35 PM   #80
MickeyNicki

Crystal Palace Breakfast

KIDS BREAKFAST PIZZA AND PUFFED FRENCH TOAST

CROISSANTS AND ASSORTED MUFFINS

APPLES, BAGELS AND BANANA BREAD

CONDIMENTS AND STRAWBERRIES

HARD BOILED EGGS AND LOX WITH ALL THE FIXINGS FOR A KILLER BAGEL

ASSORTED FRUITS

CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS, GLAZED DONUT HOLES, COFFEE CAKE AND BREADS FOR TOASTING

BREAKFAST LASAGNE

BACON, SAUSAGE AND CORN BEEF HASH

GRITS, RED SKIN POTATOES WITH ONIONS, POTATO CASSEROLE

BISCUITS AND GRAVY

MICKEY WAFFLES AND SCRAMBLED EGGS

VEGGIE FRITTATA AND PANCAKES

Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #81
MickeyNicki

After breakfast we bundled up again and headed to the Castle. When I tell you it was like having the park to ourselves I am not joking...there was NO ONE there. I mean no one. We were the only people on the carousel, all the rides were heated and no lines at all. We all had to buy mittens because we were numb from the cold.

We hopped to ToonTown at 10 and we saw the Fairies, Aurora, Belle and Cinderella. Plus Mickey and Minnie in the tent. There was zero lines...nothing, nada zilch. We did the entire park, all the rides there is to do by 3:30....I am not kidding or embelishing, everything was a complete walkon...all the big rides, all the little rides. The staff said they would let us sit on most of the rides and just ride them again (in Fantasyland) so we could stay warm. It may be cold but it was one of the best days ever. Even the waitress at CP said it was the slowest she has ever seen....maybe most people stayed in and ordered room service!

For lunch DH had to have Cosmic Rays..the older one wasnt hungry so she has an ice tea...the ADHD meds take away her appetite (she takes them after breakfast). DH and I had burgers and the little one had chicken nuggets and grapes.

The restaurant was pretty busy but not bad...I took the girls to get a seat and DH doctored the burgers and the fries with a ton of cheese! His is the one covered in pickles and mine in sauteed onions

The little one did not like her nuggets at all....it was a fight to get her to eat two..DH and I each ate one and they were disgusting....she did eat some fries, grapes and a cookie...I wasnt looking to argue with her after we tasted it...they had a hard crust on the outside and were spongey mushy on the inside....BLECH!

Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 PM   #83
MickeyNicki

After leaving MK we went back to the Poly and the 3 kids (yeah Todd was totally acting like one) wanted a snack and hot cocoa since we were all frozen solid. We went to Capt Cooks and the girls had cupcakes and Todd had the thickest fudgiest brownie ever made!

Here is a pic of the new Celebration cups...mostly they are still using the Xmas cups which is a bit tacky!

Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #84
MickeyNicki

For dinner I had booked the 1900 PF dinner for the kids to eat with Cindy and family. I was worried about it because DH and I had been to the breakfast and the food was gawd awful and the service not much better.

After dinner tonight I can tell you we will never set foot in this place again....no way no how.

We arrived at 6:50 and had a 7:15 ressie. The place was slammed. We waited and waited and waited and the little one was getting insane...I thought I was going to lose my mind. Luckily she started playing a game with a few other kids while I checked on what was going on. Well it seems that the diners that were already in the place were not leaving so no tables were opening up.

By 7:50 I was really seeing red and was just about to leave when we were buzzed.

We were seated quickly and the girls had the TinkerBelle raspberry lemonade. DH had some sparkling red wine thing and I had the XFusion cocktail....give Auntie Nicki booze now!

DH got us a caesar salad which was so anchovie tasting I almost lost the first bite. The asparagus soup was cold and so salty it was unedible.

The older one had pizza that was "just ok" and a roll that was so hard and so dry...no butter on the buffet and it took forever to get some. The little one ate 2 bites of yucky pizza, grapes and gummy bears.

I had the best prime rib with horseradish sauce, terrible cold and salty mashed potatoes, the grossest mac and cheese ever made, super salty cocovan and mushy pasta with a very salty meat sauce

DH had prime rib and a so so chicken marsala...he also had very very greasy chicken wings which he said had zero taste. There was jasmine rice that was so hard and sticky it was like the paste you use in school back in the 60's and 70's

The saving grace of the meal was dessert. The kids liked the cookies and stuff. DH and I loved every bit of the dessert. The key lime tart, the most to die for amazing bread pudding with vanilla sauce, fruit tarts, chocolate mousse, apple crumb thing, carrot cake, cheese cake....all of it was fantastic

The characters were incredible, totally the highlight of the meal. The service was terrible and we had to stack dirty dishes up on the table, take new silverware from the table next to us, and hunt the waitress down for the check....the little one was getting cranky, and truth be told so wasnt Aunt Nicki!

So you guys I have to tell you 1900 PF was just not good other than the prime rib and desserts. I honestly cannot see us going back there for any meal.

Next up some buffet shots of 1900 PF
Old 01-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #85
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post

We were seated quickly and the girls had the TinkerBelle raspberry lemonade. DH had some sparkling red wine thing and I had the XFusion cocktail....give Auntie Nicki booze now!
I think Auntie Nicki was deserving of two drinks at this point. We were on the edge about 1900 and your review convinced us not to try it.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:15 PM   #87
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I think Auntie Nicki was deserving of two drinks at this point. We were on the edge about 1900 and your review convinced us not to try it.
Dont do it my friend, Todd kept saying "Are you kidding me? We waited all th is time for THIS???" The options were pretty hairy, the Asian and the Seafood items looked terrible and dry and they just were not replenishing the foods that often....for $150 I feel robbed! We all enjoyed the characters but I think we would have enjoyed dinner elsewhere much better!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #88
MickeyNicki

So now all three of them are snoring away and I am ready to turn in too! Get this, I only loaded food pics to Photobucket so maybe later tonight I will upload pics of the girls!

Tomorrow we are planning on Capt Cooks for a quick breakfast and then off to HS for the day. Hoping the park is empty too so we can come back to the room and rest before a night of DTD and crab!! I think we are going to get the little one McDonalds first so she will not give me any dinner time trouble! I did add a ressie for Sci Fi but I dont know if we will go...time will tell!

See you guys sometime tomorrow....oh and I did not see the premier of LOST tonight so please....dont tell me what happened!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #89
cocowum
Have will cruise

Sleep well Nicki! Sorry about 1900 Park Fare. It got a big thumbs down from us last trip. Can't wait to see what's next!
cocowum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:45 PM   #90
Puget Peach
Hello, my name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic

Never too cold for a Mickey Bar!!!

Fresh hot popcorn! So good! The three of us inhaled it, the older one still not hungry.[/QUOTE]

Amazing how, no matter what the weather, it's a good time for a Mickey Bar!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: