Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 10:47 AM   #241
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
The frozen chai looks delicious! Where in Asia did you get it?
I'm guessing The Royal Anandapur Tea Company right across the road from Yak & Yeti.

Here's the menu:
http://allears.net/menu/menu_tea.htm

I'm looking forward to a Chai Freeze this June!

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century • 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter
• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club • 11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club • 1/05 Polynesian • 5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 AM   #242
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Gotta get one of those cheese danish this trip!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #243
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygal531 View Post
I'm guessing The Royal Anandapur Tea Company right across the road from Yak & Yeti.

Here's the menu:

Thanks! Not to hijack Nicki's thread, but it looks like we will be there at the same time!
Charleston Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:37 AM   #244
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Oh Nicki, where is your TTS dinner review? You keep teasing us & don't deliver. Seriously, I'm glad you guys had a great trip! Enjoy your nieces while they're young. All but one of my nieces is grown & married now.
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #245
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

Wow, it sounds like you all had a great time!!! too bad about the "princess suite"... LOL! So, when Cait and I come down, wanna plan a TH breakfast?? I really want you to try it, you'll be surprised how similar to Boma it is... and with characters... good for adults too!

I can't wait to read more when you go in a month!!!!!! More pictures! YAY! I'll pm you when our adr res. time is closer, and maybe we can plan an AK day with you and Todd...... yes, I am a compulsive planner, and reader of all DIS!

(and when you go down again, I need more adult beverage pictures... you know what I mean.... some of those Lapu Lapu things...that they have at the Poly???!!!!) Thanks girly!!!

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:37 PM   #246
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsturtle View Post
glad you had a great trip with your nieces. looking forward to hearing your reviews from your next trip. curious to see what you think of san angel and le cellier. can't believe i have to wait until halloween to see "the world"! thanks so much!!!
I cannot wait to eat at LC again either, it has been 2 years since we ate there last!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceys_h0ney View Post
Just found your review. I really enjoyed reading and appreciated the buffet pictures! I have to echo everyone else that you are one awesome aunt! Hope you and Todd have a great trip !
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstMagic View Post
That was a great report! Sounds like you all will look back on some special memories. Looking forward to reading your next review too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danalee View Post
I loved all your reviews and cant wait for the next one! I might not have posted before but I always enjoy them~
Thanks guys!

Quote:
The frozen chai looks delicious! Where in Asia did you get it?

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! Can't wait for next month's!!!
It was in front of the Yak & Yeti CS stand, the Andupur Tea shop or something like that...it was incredible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
I have had a hankering to stay at the Poly for a while now and you have totally reinforced that!

I am literally marking my calendar so I can be on the lookout for your next TR. Your plans sound great!!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Thanks for reading! If you ever get the chance to stay at the Poly go for it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocovrdmicears View Post
I am glad you all got home safely and had a wonderful trip. It sounds like your neices loved it! I enjoyed your TR as always and am looking forward to the next one. Thanks for taking the time to do one as I know this one wasn't as easy as it normally is for you.
Thank you so much for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
I can't believe it's over already Reviews & pics were awesome as always. You and Todd are really amazing to take the girls (even if your Sis is a PITA at times ) They will have such wonderful memories from this

Breakfast at Captain Cooks looked good. I've heard they have Tonga Toast, did you see it on the menu? is it the same as Kona's? If I were to head to the Poly for breakfast, I'd just go to Kona's but DS would probably be willing to swing by for a quick order.

Glad you enjoyed Flame Tree! We always enjoy it (I don't like their beans though). The onion rings looked really good I'm gonna have to try one of those frozen chai's this summer.

Thanks for another awesome report! I'll be watching until it's time for you & Todd to back to the World

The girls called this morning to say they missed us and wanted to go back to the Poly right away!

Yes Capt Cooks had the Tonga Toast, we saw many people eating it and I am happy to report that it is the same exact same thing they serve at Kona! Make sure you get that frozen chai...YUM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Thanks for your great report!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Thanks so much for posting those great reviews! I really enjoy your writing, your photos, and that you take time out from your vacation to write these live reports.
Thanks for reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheleq View Post
Thanks for the great TR! Unbeknownst to my DH, I am planning our next trip to include a stay at the Poly! Great reviews, glad your niece was ok after her stomach bug. I have two DDs and travelling with kids is an adventure I know my girls loved going to WDW with their D-Uncle back in December; it sounds like your nieces will always remember and appreciate the trip.
They did and I wish I could take them again very soon!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #247
MickeyNicki

Quote:

Here's the menu:

Thats the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Gotta get one of those cheese danish this trip!!
Todd LOVED them, that is why he wants to stay at the Poly again ha ha!

Quote:
Thanks! Not to hijack Nicki's thread, but it looks like we will be there at the same time!
Chat away, love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
Oh Nicki, where is your TTS dinner review? You keep teasing us & don't deliver. Seriously, I'm glad you guys had a great trip! Enjoy your nieces while they're young. All but one of my nieces is grown & married now.
I know right...I am going to try and get in for March and maybe dump Whispering Canyon...I re-read KatMark's review and it is scaring me away

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post
Wow, it sounds like you all had a great time!!! too bad about the "princess suite"... LOL! So, when Cait and I come down, wanna plan a TH breakfast?? I really want you to try it, you'll be surprised how similar to Boma it is... and with characters... good for adults too!

I can't wait to read more when you go in a month!!!!!! More pictures! YAY! I'll pm you when our adr res. time is closer, and maybe we can plan an AK day with you and Todd...... yes, I am a compulsive planner, and reader of all DIS!

(and when you go down again, I need more adult beverage pictures... you know what I mean.... some of those Lapu Lapu things...that they have at the Poly???!!!!) Thanks girly!!!
Ooh that could be fun! PM me your plans....I still have not thought about our Oct meals yet...so unlike me! Trust me girl, we plan on hitting the Tambu Lounge HARD in March!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:50 PM   #248
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I know right...I am going to try and get in for March and maybe dump Whispering Canyon...I re-read KatMark's review and it is scaring me away
Promises, promises....
(")_(")

tarheelmjfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #249
goofygal531
Always planning...

Quote:
We'll be there June 12 to June 19 at the GF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
maybe dump Whispering Canyon...I re-read KatMark's review and it is scaring me away
Nicki, can you give me the link to her review. DH wants to go to WCC but I'm really nervous, I've heard such horrible things and some very positive wonderful things - I'm so confused if it's worth it or not?

Thanks to your review, I did add Tonys for lunch, Tutto for dinner, and Ohana for dinner. Thanks!

Mare

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century • 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter
• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club • 11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club • 1/05 Polynesian • 5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #250
momofdbsdc
momofdbsdca

I am glad that Kayla wasn't sick too long! Even though it probably seemed like an eternity while you were going through it!!!

Thanks for sharing all of your reviews and photos! I am looking forward to your next trip!!!

Kim
momofdbsdca

Dakota 9-24-93
Brandon 3-31-96
Savannah 1-7-98
Dalton 7-20-99
Cameron 7-24-01
Ashleigh 9-15-03
momofdbsdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #251
mi*vida*loca
DIS Veteran

Great reviews! I'm especially happy that Akershus serves pancakes. DS doesn't like eggs.

Thank you!

10/2003 & 3/2008- Offsite
3/2009- Caribbean Beach Resort!

8/2011- Caribbean Beach Resort!
mi*vida*loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #252
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Thanks to your review, I did add Tonys for lunch, Tutto for dinner, and Ohana for dinner. Thanks!

Mare
Oh boy you will love all of them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofdbsdc View Post
I am glad that Kayla wasn't sick too long! Even though it probably seemed like an eternity while you were going through it!!!

Thanks for sharing all of your reviews and photos! I am looking forward to your next trip!!!

Kim
momofdbsdca
Me too! I cannot wait to get back to WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi*vida*loca View Post
Great reviews! I'm especially happy that Akershus serves pancakes. DS doesn't like eggs.

Thank you!
I figure the worse they can say is no they do not offer anything else but we lucked out!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #253
west&east
DIS Veteran

Great report, Nicki! and congrats on handling the trip with the kids. I think we were in some of the same parks on the same days. HS on Thursday (with Epcot in the pm) and AK on Sunday. You've inspired me and I'll be posting my dining reviews soon (including Boma dinner and breakfast) with lots of shameless pics!

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013

Next Up: Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014; Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!!
west&east is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:42 AM   #254
DizWisher
Earning My Ears

Nicki, you have earned the DINK childcare/good aunt & uncle award for the year. DH and I salute you! (and my niece/nephew are coming along WITH THEIR PARENTS in Dec.)
I love your reviews. Boma breakfast was all you said and more!
Miri
aka
Dizwisher
DizWisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:47 AM   #255
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Great report, Nicki! and congrats on handling the trip with the kids. I think we were in some of the same parks on the same days. HS on Thursday (with Epcot in the pm) and AK on Sunday. You've inspired me and I'll be posting my dining reviews soon (including Boma dinner and breakfast) with lots of shameless pics!
We probably saw each other! Cannot wait for your dining reviews!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizWisher View Post
Nicki, you have earned the DINK childcare/good aunt & uncle award for the year. DH and I salute you! (and my niece/nephew are coming along WITH THEIR PARENTS in Dec.)
I love your reviews. Boma breakfast was all you said and more!
Miri
aka
Dizwisher
Aw thank you! I am so glad that you enjoyed Boma, I just love that place!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: