Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 08:48 AM   #211
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Glad she's feeling better!!

Those cupcakes at the CR look Awesome!!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #212
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

So glad Kayla is feeling better. I dream of one day staying at the Poly.
Register to remove

Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #213
momsoftwins
wishing i lived in the castle!!

well i had to take a break from the reviews due to what ever your niece had too..i spent the last 15hrs hugging the toilet. not sure if its food poisoning or a stomach flu? but wanted to catch up on the days i missed. and too glad shes feeling better and its to bad your trip is coming to an end

POP CENTURY FEB 2009
ALLSTAR MOVIES APRIL 2007
OFF SITE DEC 2006
(ME) (6) (6)

WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE MOUSE
FEB 14-21
ALLSTAR MUSIC HERE WE COME .... MOM AND DAUGHTERS TRIP!!!

Last edited by momsoftwins; 01-26-2009 at 07:57 AM. Reason: changing 15 yrs to 15hrs...lol
momsoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:47 PM   #214
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

So glad Kayla is feeling better! What a great aunt you are!

Nov. 2006 POFQJuly 2007 PolyAug. 2008 PolyAug. 2009 Poly
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvx4mxuuxpj4gc.png[/img]

dancemomnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 05:56 PM   #215
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

subbing so I can find this later.

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #216
sandym718
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsoftwins View Post
well i had to take a break from the reviews due to what ever your niece had too..i spent the last 15yrs hugging the toilet.
Hee-hee, hope it was 15 Hours not years, LOL!!! Hope you're all better now. I absolutely HATE getting sick like that (not than anyone likes it). I tell DH I did more than my fair share with how sick I was during pregnancies - hospitalized, IV's, etc. etc. I shouldn't have to do it ever again, LOL!

Previous trips as a child/teen: FW 1985, offsite 1991, Disneyland 1992
Family trips: 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012 - all at the Poly!

sandym718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:39 PM   #217
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleinNC View Post
I'm sooooo glad that Kayla feels better and you were all able to finish the day on a much better note

Gotta say, all those cupcakes looked YUMMY!

Have fun tomorrow and a safe drive home
Arrived safe and sound and exhausted! I wish I was hungry enough to eat those cupcakes but there is always next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazzo'sMommy View Post
So glad such a horrible night and early morning turned into a great day! Have a fantastic last day! Enjoy the drive back home...and knowing your coming back to the POLY! DD went with me on a DM DD trip at Christmas when she was 3...to this day the POLY is still her fav! I'm sure it will be Kayla's too!
Oh yeah the girls are already planning their next stay at the Poly, they want the same room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
Been so busy, I just found your reviews!
I am so sorry the little one got sick, glad she is feeling better and hope you had a good day. It sounds like you were doing really well with all your restaurant choices (except Park Fare) up until that point and I know it was a big worry for you.
Well I did learn my lesson..with these kids CS is the best way to go, maybe one or two TS breakfasts but that is it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msce2 View Post
Just got caught up. So glad that Kayla is feeling better. Having a sick child is no fun! Especially when you're not used to handling it. But it sounds like you handled the situation like a pro! Hope you enjoyed the rest of the trip!!!!
Thank you, we did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootskate View Post
Glad to hear Kayla is feeling better and that you had such a nice day yesterday!! You are making me want to stay at the Poly for our next trip!! My husband says no though because they don't have a hot tub. (They didn't happen to put one in while you were there, did they!?!?!? )
No hot tub but at the Volcano pool there is a section by the slide that has about 6 strong spa jets....that is good enough for DH now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyluvsdisney View Post
I'm glad you guys (mostly) enjoyed Coral Reef. It's one of my favorites. The potatoes the came with the steak are different than what I had. Mine came with au gratin, but I think I would like the roasted ones better. I'm glad they changed that. Next time I go though, I might try what you ordered. (If it's still on the menu.) It looks fantastic. And I am definitely trying the Octopus Juice next time!

Can't wait for your final reviews!
That Octopus Juice was awesome, I would go back for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngVT View Post
Ah, you're going back to Poly, instead of POFQ? Are you going to be staying CL? (just wondering... ~ you know where I'm going with that question... )

I'm looking forward to hearing more!
I wish it was CL but they only have the Princess Suite and Todd said although I AM a Princess he doesnt have a Prince salary!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #218
MickeyNicki

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandym718 View Post
Glad she's feeling better!!

Those cupcakes at the CR look Awesome!!
I have to go back to CR and get some, they looked sooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
So glad Kayla is feeling better. I dream of one day staying at the Poly.
Thanks she is much better...you should try to get to the Poly one day for drinks at the Tambu Lounge....that is a great experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momsoftwins View Post
well i had to take a break from the reviews due to what ever your niece had too..i spent the last 15yrs hugging the toilet. not sure if its food poisoning or a stomach flu? but wanted to catch up on the days i missed. and too glad shes feeling better and its to bad your trip is coming to an end
Oh no! I hope YOU are feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancemomnj View Post
So glad Kayla is feeling better! What a great aunt you are!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof1 View Post
subbing so I can find this later.
Thanks for reading!
Old 01-25-2009, 06:56 PM   #219
TigerKat

Girlfriend - you should know that I've been to the Poly lounge....not sure there's a WDW lounge I haven't hit.....
Old 01-25-2009, 06:58 PM   #220
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Glad everything went well for the last day and that Kayla was feeling better.

TigerKat, have you hit the one at the CSR yet--the new Rix Lounge?

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #221
TigerKat

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Glad everything went well for the last day and that Kayla was feeling better.

TigerKat, have you hit the one at the CSR yet--the new Rix Lounge?
Well now I guess there is one I haven't hit, tell me about it!
Old 01-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #222
MickeyNicki

We are home! I am kinda sad and kinda glad about that!

This morning I cancelled Kona because the kids were so tired, no sense making them get up early just so I can have the macadamia nut pancakes and pressed pot coffee...there is always time for that on the next trip!

The girls and Todd slept in while I went to Capt Cooks. Two boxes of Fruit Loops for Kayla (one for lunch just in case), the kids french toast for Adrianna, cheese danish for DH and a cinnamon bun for me.

Na said the breakfast was very good

The cinnamon bun was so fresh and soft, just perfect!

Todd said the cheese danish was AWESOME, heavy on the cheese and light on the danish!

We checked out of the room and the kids were so sad, they wanted to stay for a few more days! They are also asking when can they go back and can they stay in the same room!

We made it to AK for the 9am opening and it was a cool morning but not cold and the sun was out. The park was very crowded but we did a walk on for everything. First up was the Safari, lots of animals out there. On the way to Asia I had to get a frozen chai....these things are incredible and totally worth going to AK just for them! Na had a raspberry ice tea and Kayla had a huge blueberry muffin.

I think the most fun thing for them was the Nemo show...the little one LOVED it! We had seats three rows from the front, it was PERFECT! We walked on Its Tough to Be a Bug and the Dino ride too.

DH and I were starving around 1 so we went to Flame Tree BBQ...been a few years since we ate here and it was just fantastic! The food was soooo good! Todd had the BBQ beef and I had the BBQ pork, he ate the beans and cole slaw and we shared the most delish onion rings ever! We love this place! I know we will be back in Oct for lunch here again and a frozen chai too!

On the way out the girls had popcorn and Todd had a Mickey Bar....the perfect end to a great vacation! Nice quiet ride home, we played WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE PART the entire way home. Na's was Rockin Roller Coaster and Kayla's was Tutle Talk with Crush. The girls were sad when we dropped them off, lots of hugs and kisses and see you laters (we live 20 minutes from them).

Thanks for reading everyone, now just 39 more days until we go Live, the adult only version of a dining report from the Poly! Stick around! We have dinner plans for Le Cellier, Tonys at MK, San Angel Inn, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickeys breakfast and who knows what for CS!

Nicki
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #223
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
We are home! I am kinda sad and kinda glad about that!

This morning I cancelled Kona because the kids were so tired, no sense making them get up early just so I can have the macadamia nut pancakes and pressed pot coffee...there is always time for that on the next trip!

The girls and Todd slept in while I went to Capt Cooks. Two boxes of Fruit Loops for Kayla (one for lunch just in case), the kids french toast for Adrianna, cheese danish for DH and a cinnamon bun for me.

Na said the breakfast was very good

The cinnamon bun was so fresh and soft, just perfect!

Todd said the cheese danish was AWESOME, heavy on the cheese and light on the danish!

We checked out of the room and the kids were so sad, they wanted to stay for a few more days! They are also asking when can they go back and can they stay in the same room!

We made it to AK for the 9am opening and it was a cool morning but not cold and the sun was out. The park was very crowded but we did a walk on for everything. First up was the Safari, lots of animals out there. On the way to Asia I had to get a frozen chai....these things are incredible and totally worth going to AK just for them! Na had a raspberry ice tea and Kayla had a huge blueberry muffin.

I think the most fun thing for them was the Nemo show...the little one LOVED it! We had seats three rows from the front, it was PERFECT! We walked on Its Tough to Be a Bug and the Dino ride too.

DH and I were starving around 1 so we went to Flame Tree BBQ...been a few years since we ate here and it was just fantastic! The food was soooo good! Todd had the BBQ beef and I had the BBQ pork, he ate the beans and cole slaw and we shared the most delish onion rings ever! We love this place! I know we will be back in Oct for lunch here again and a frozen chai too!

On the way out the girls had popcorn and Todd had a Mickey Bar....the perfect end to a great vacation! Nice quiet ride home, we played WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE PART the entire way home. Na's was Rockin Roller Coaster and Kayla's was Tutle Talk with Crush. The girls were sad when we dropped them off, lots of hugs and kisses and see you laters (we live 20 minutes from them).

Thanks for reading everyone, now just 39 more days until we go Live, the adult only version of a dining report from the Poly! Stick around! We have dinner plans for Le Cellier, Tonys at MK, San Angel Inn, Whispering Canyon, Chef Mickeys breakfast and who knows what for CS!

Nicki

As always, enjoyed your report Nicki. I'm glad the girls had a good time. And look--YOU SURVIVED IT!
Anxious for your next set of reviews--especially LeCellier--our favorite on the dining plan and what you think of Whispering Canyon (we didn't like it).

RIP Genie
KatMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #224
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Sounds like the girls had a blast; yeah for Auntie! I look forward to your next review.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 07:21 PM   #225
accountingbabe08
DIS Veteran

I cannot wait until the next round of reviews. You go have a drink now and have a relaxing soak in the tub.
accountingbabe08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: