Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 11:02 AM   #136
ChelleinNC
Say "Hi" to Art the Greeter for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Todd and I had to get a drink so I had the Mai Tai with the 151 floater and over the course of dinner had a second one. Goodness this thing is incredible.

You really are my long lost twin The rest of dinner sounded good too, but I love Mai Tai's and the 151 floater is like the cherry on top

Next Trip-???? December 2012 Planning is half the fun! That's why I do it for a living
SSR June 2010, Sweet 16 @ HHI Nov 09,July 09-BCV & DCL,Nov/Dec 08-OKW,Oct O8-HHI June 08-SSR, Dec 07- BWV, June, 07- SSR, Aug, 06- Beach Club, April 04-HHI, Oct 03- Swan/Wilderness Lodge, Dec, 02- Beach Club/Poly, June, 02- Beach Club, Dec, 01- Beach Club,-- Time Warp (Day trips only) --, Oct, 1991- Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat)/Polynesian [Honeymoon!], Summer 1990- MKCP!, 1987- Off Site, 1983- Off Site
ChelleinNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #137
bonnielynn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I just want to take this moment to give all you guys that have kids a shout out...YOU ARE AMAZING!

How do you guys do it? I asked the 6 year old five times, do you have to go the bathroom...NO she says...then we get in line and she says I have to go the bathroom NOW! Do you have any idea how many times she did that to me??

Or swinging the chains in the ride lanes? Or not holding my hand in a crowd? Or being a picky eater? Or having a temper tantrum? Cant even sit next to my own husband, the little one keeps getting in the way All these things that used to irk me as a non parental unit now I completely understand!

You guys are my heros...now I need another drink....where's the Tylenol??
that is to funny... kids can be a big ol pain in the rump, but they do have another side.. and that keeps us moms going... I have a 11 yr old the never lets me sit, stand walk beside my husband.. since he is the last of 3.. I have grown used to it... my hubby still hates it though.

P.S. I have to admit at the end of the day.. I am ready for a big ole glass of red wine... whew...

bonnielynn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #138
AngVT
My heart is at Disney, my body is in VT.

Sorry sweetie! But I bet they'll say at the end of the trip: "My Aunt Nicki and Uncle Todd are the bestest in the world!" (and why wouldn't they be for taking them to WDW! )

Hey, thanks for the beautiful pictures!!! I'm putting them on my screen saver... I can't wait... though it looks a lot warmer and greener than the pictures I could take right now... mine are all white.

(offsite trips)1983; Apr. 2003 Oct. 2004 Dec. 2007 Oct. 2008 - WL Oct. 2009 - CSR Dec. 2011 CSR (the princess' 16th birthday)
AngVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:18 PM   #139
POOHDRMR
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone! I have all the kids and the one big kid bathed and in bed asleep so now I can play!

Since it was in the high 20's this morning I let them all sleep in...secretly hoping that HS would be as dead as MK....boy was I wrong but more on that later!

Around 8:30 we all went to Capt Cooks for breakfast...this place was packed to the gills! Todd got his staple, a cinnamon bun and it was great, nice and soft and yummy...Main Street style it aint but it is still good.

He and I order the adult breakfast platter and I shared half with the older one...her appetite is verocious before her meds and completely gone after she takes them. The eggs were awesome, the bacon nice and well done and crispy...fantastic fat and juicy sausages and the biscuits were great. The potatoes were a little overcooked but good too. Todd had that BLECH coffee and we shared and OJ.

The kids each got the french toast sticks with bacon and grapes. The little one had apple juice and the older one had the strawberry milk (that is the nastiest stuff ever!) The amount of bacon they got was ridiculous..so much of it! They loved the french toast and ate every single bite.

We then made it to the bus stop for the HS bus and it was packed like sardines....lucky it is just a short ride! So when the bus pulled in what do you think we saw? Brazillian tour groups, tons of them, at least 8 that I counted (all with different banners and flags). They were loud, they were obnoxious and they all reeked of nasty cologne. I thought I was going to lose my mind getting through bag check and the ticket counter.

We made a beeline to Toy Story, got the FP and the line was 50 minutes. We did a few attractions and then Todd took the older one to ride the hard core stuff and I took the little one to see the characters. That worked out perfect!!! The character lines moved fast and we met up around 12:30 for lunch at Pizza Planet.

The older one didnt eat but the little one gobbled up her grapes, apple juice and pizza. By the way I was able to order her pizza without sauce and she loved it.

Todd and I each had the cheese pizza hopping the older one would take a piece and then we shared the caprese salad with kalamata olives, mozzarella cheese and assorted tomatoes and lettuce. The pizza was ok and the salad was ok...a bit wilted. Nothing to write home about and if we were not with the kids we wouldnt have eaten there but it was decent and not BLECH at all....especially when you dip the pizza in Ranch dressing.....one of my best friends taught me that...she is from Long Island and said the pizza here is so bad the only way she can eat it is to dip it in dressing ha ha!

We hung out at HS until our FP for the Toy Story ride, and left around 5pm and decided to pop $10 for a cab to DTD instead of messing with transportation.
Hey I am from Long Island too and I put ranch dressing on dominoes and chucky cheese pizza!!I didn't know it was a geographical thing!!
POOHDRMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:30 PM   #140
skellingtonfreak
Disney is my life...you have a problem with that?

I'm in for another great set of reviews!
skellingtonfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #141
dancemomnj
DIS Veteran

Loving your reviews! We will be at the Poly Aug. 23rd for the 3rd time!

Nov. 2006 POFQJuly 2007 PolyAug. 2008 PolyAug. 2009 Poly
[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/bszvx4mxuuxpj4gc.png[/img]

dancemomnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #142
sms
DIS Veteran

I THINK YOU ARE AMAZING for taking your neices. Its got to be hard when your not use to having them around all the time. I'm a single mom and its hard sometimes but worth every minute of it!!
BTW, I love fried seafood but I've never had fried lobster. How was it!?
Old 01-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #143
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

Love the reviews, completely with you on 1900 PF the worst meal I've ever had in my life, until I had dinner there as well as breakfast and that was equally as bad.

Love the live report and full marks for being awake enough to post while you have two children in tow.

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #144
trspohr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolateMinnie View Post
Love the reviews, completely with you on 1900 PF the worst meal I've ever had in my life, until I had dinner there as well as breakfast and that was equally as bad.

Love the live report and full marks for being awake enough to post while you have two children in tow.
I agree as well! We had dinner there and not only did we wait 45 minutes past our ADR time, (I know, it's not a reservation), but the food was horrible. My hubby had one plate and said he was ready to go and get CS back at the Poly. If it wouldn't have been for the characters it would have been even more disappointing.
We know better now.

Me DH DD 15 DD12 DD11 DD7 DS 3

Feb 2007 WDW Polyenesian
Dec 2007 WDW Port Orleans Riverside
Nov 2008 WDW Old Key West
Dec 2009 WDW All-Star Music
Jun 2011 DL off-site
Nov 2012 DLP Sequoia Lodge (First timers!)
trspohr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:16 PM   #145
sunny_stace
DIS Veteran

Nicki - as always I love your reviews! Thanks for sharing! What I wouldn't do for some Disney food right now!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:34 PM   #146
iluvpluto27
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying your report. Fultons looks good.

Sept 2005 - ASMU
Sept 2007 - POFQ/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2008 - AKL/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2009 - SSR/BWI/Hard Rock Hotel
Sept 2011 - BC/Royal Pacific/CR
Sept 2012 - BC/Royal Pacific
May 2013 - WL/Royal pacific
Sept 2013 - Royal Pacific
iluvpluto27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #147
goofygal531
Always planning...

DH actually asked me when can we go back to WDW WITHOUT the children!

We really miss the quiet romantic meals!!

I'm looking forward to when I can put both my boys in the Neverland Club and enjoy a meal without a character in my face!

Oh, don't get me started on the potty breaks! DS4 had to go while waiting in line for Test Track. Do you know what a nightmare it is to get out of that queue and how mad I was to have to stand at the END of the line again!

Sleeping! Oh don't even go there! We always find a kid in bed between us!

Hope you had a WARM and fun day!
Mare

Our Disney Vacations
8/13 Pop Century TWO WEEKS! • 2/13 Pop Century • 9/12 Port Orleans French Quarter • 8/12 Pop Century
• 10/11 Port Orleans French Quarter• 5/10 Wilderness Lodge (Mom&Boys) •6/09 Grand Floridian-Royal Palm Club •
11/08 Boardwalk's Innkeeper's Club• 6/08 Grand Floridian
11/07 Caribbean Beach • 2/06 Beach Club• 1/05 Polynesian •
5/02 Dixie Landings • 5/01 Contemporary/Wonder/Hard Rock Hotel • 5/00 Swan
goofygal531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #148
momofdbsdc
momofdbsdca

Great updates!!! I know what you are saying about bathroom trips also! Last trip we got all the way to the busses and my daughter decided that she had to go to the bathroom "NOW!" This was after I had asked her when we were walking past them.

Well, we missed our bus and had to wait for the next one.

Keep the reviews coming!

Thanks Again!
Kim

Dakota 9-24-93
Brandon 3-31-96
Savannah 1-7-98
Dalton 7-20-99
Cameron 7-24-01
Ashleigh 9-15-03
momofdbsdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #149
momsoftwins
wishing i lived in the castle!!

man what a great review u have going....i jumped on board last night to read what u had to date and now i am hooked.
and the thing about ppl with kids ..cracked me up....well cant wait to hear more. we leave in 10 days for disney.
and i too think auntie nicki rocks!!!!!!!!!!! have a drink for me girl cause i am goin alone with 2...5yr olds. so anyone goin to the world between feb 2-9th yes i will be the mother pushin a double stroller with one hand and a nice drink in the other..lol

POP CENTURY FEB 2009
ALLSTAR MOVIES APRIL 2007
OFF SITE DEC 2006
(ME) (6) (6)

WE ARE GOING TO SEE THE MOUSE
FEB 14-21
ALLSTAR MUSIC HERE WE COME .... MOM AND DAUGHTERS TRIP!!!
momsoftwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #150
snow.white
DIS Veteran

Hi Nicki! Reading your review straight from Naples ! It's been super cold here too !! I would much rather be enjoying this cold weather up there though LOL!
Looking forward to more pics

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: