Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #1
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

CS reviews for a few nights stay

With more talk recent about counter service (quick service) meals I thought I would throw a few of our experiences into the mix.
We just returned from two nights at CSR. (Which was great. )
We chose the quick service dining plan.
Friday night we each had the scallop dinner at Cooks of Dublin, next to Ragland Road. This was our second time eating a meal there. The first time being over a year ago, and OOP.
It was okay. We did each get 4 good sized scallops. Most of ours had some grit to them. Not a lot. But enough to notice.
The downside was they were battered and deep fried. But it appears a good portion of their selection is deep fried.
And I thought the same about the scallops as the fish I had last year -- bland.
Not bad. Nice meat. Nice portions. But bland.
For dessert we each had their doh bar, which we have always wanted to try.
Sounds better than it tastes. Again, okay. Neither of us thought we would get another any time. Basically a Snickers bar in their bland batter and deep fried. We rather just have a snickers bar, plain.
Their meat pies look good. I think I would give those a try. On their counter there was a sign something about a burger too. Didn't see one or ask. But I would not be surprised if it was battered and deep fried.

DH wanted Tonga Toast. So we paid OOP for Kona Cafe yesterday morning. I ordered their version of Eggs Benedict. Instead of Canadian bacon, the meat was a tender pulled pork. Instead of an English muffin, a little bit of diced potatoes and croutons were the base. It was fine. Don't know I would order it again. The pork was real tender and good. Just not sure about the combination. It was okay.

We were in luck that the last days of Food & Wine are on and we used our snack credits there yesterday. Nuttin' bad about that!

Last night we were in MK and ate at Pecos Bill's. DH wanted to try that breaded chicken breast dinner.
For a counter service it was fine. Better than burgers or hot dogs.
I had the taco salad. Which again was okay. I have not eaten in a Taco Bell for years. But I remember their taco salads being better than Pecos Bills.
At least at PB you can add your own toppings to the taco salad. That is the plus side.

This morning we ate breakfast in the Pepper Market. We each had the ham and cheese omelette, potatoes and a biscuit. (And juice and another beverage.)
Again was okay. Nothing to write home about. But decent.
Think shortly we will use our last meal credits at Earl of Sandwich.

We were only in Epcot and MK. And each were BUSY. I can only imagine what the holiday crowds will be.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #2
Luv2Roam
Dexter: Takes Life. Seriously.

We ended up having a late lunch/early dinner at Wolfgang Puck's (Marketplace). I have not eaten there in probably 3 years.
I asked if there were any ordering restrictions, and there were none.
We each ordered a pasta dish and creme brulee. I took home half of mine.
Again, it was okay. Macaroni Grill is better. But hey, it is a counter service and service was great.
We both said the food was rather bland wherever we ate. But overall we were very happy and will definitely not hesitate for the quick service plan again. It was nice to eat where we wanted at whim, without having to live off burgers and fries.
Luv2Roam is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-13-2009, 05:18 PM   #3
summerlady
DIS Veteran

We were at POFQ Nov. 6-10, a birthday trip for my husband. This is the 2nd time we've done the QSDP and I have to agree with you that it's the way to go. LOVE WPE! I had the Rigatoni with Chicken Alfredo and creme brulee on our arrival night and enjoyed it so much, I liked the little salad that came with. On Monday, we went there for lunch as well and this time I had Rotisserie BBQ Beef Focaccia, again with creme brulee. I can't believe how much I ate this trip, had a burger once though, late at night at Cosmic Ray's, pretty gross mostly because of the crummy whole wheat bun that fell apart as I was eating. I could have done without that meal, never ate the choc. cake I chose for dessert either.

Thanks for your review.

~Polynesian 1986~Many day trips from Mom & Dad's~Port Orleans March 2000~POFQ April 2008~POFQ May 2009~POFQ November 2009~POFQ November 2010~POFQ October 2011~POR October 2012~POFQ September 2013~POFQ March 2014~POFQ September 2014~

summerlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:26 AM   #4
Schmoodle
DIS Veteran

Thanks very much for your reviews. I am considering the QSDP for our January trip, so I am on the lookout for CS reviews.

1974 - Family Camping Trip
January 1991 - Family Trip to Westgate Vacation Villas
May 1996 - Best Girlfriend's Trip, Vacation Villas at Fantasy World
July 1998 - Hottest Trip Ever! Parkway International Resort
December 2002 - Multi-Family Dance Trip to Sheraton Vistana Resort
December 2004 - Anthony and Gabbie's First Visit (Can't remember the name of the condo and don't want to try)
October 2008 - The Kids and I stay at Marrott Grande Vista
September 2009 - The Quest for Grownup Food and CSR (First On-Site) stay
January 2010 - Gabbie's Birthday Trip to Carribean Beach Resort and Wilderness Lodge
March 2010 - Sneaking away from work for a day at Epcot and the Boardwalk Inn
August 2011 - Cheating on Mickey Trip

Schmoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 01:26 PM   #5
natalielongstaff
I need a cup of tea and a big bar of free chocolate now
Was born with my dancing shoes at the ready
I will be back later to stalk some more

thanks for the reviews

natalielongstaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: