Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 11:30 PM   #16
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggersam00 View Post
you have some funny stories in here! The old drunk lady pics are my fave! I can't imagine going to Orlando and not doing disney, you have much more self-control then me , my DF would pout too if I took him the Poly and not MK.
I actually saw a very small wedding at the Ploy when I stayed there in 04', very simple, I remember the bride had a very nice silk spaghetti strap dress and orchids in her hair and bouquet and it was beautiful!
Thanks! You're too sweet! I haven't decided what my dress will be like yet but I'm going to see my mom next week and may start the search!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn5700 View Post
Hi Adelia! You and DF are adorable!!!

Your dress is so cute in your engagement photo.

Are you staying at the POLY for your honeymoon? You will love it if you are.
Thanks Lynn! I'm so glad you found my PJ! I have looked at tons of pics of your wedding and they are AMAZING! We are hoping to spend 2 weeks at Disney for the wedding. We plan to arrive 1 week before and stay at Carribean Beach with our families. Then we plan to move to Poly the night before the wedding and spend another week there Disneymooning. I saw you stayed there and it looks like you enjoyed it. We're hoping to save enough for a castle view and maybe CL. It's alot of money for the week but think it would be worth it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by acwinsett View Post
Adelia, I just love your story so far! Can't wait to read more as your plans come along :-)

I understand exactly where you are coming from with the cheating former spouse . . . I had a similar experience with my first marriage, unfortunately. I was devastated at the time, but now I'm so grateful for those experiences. I just don't think I'd be able to appreciate how wonderful Brian is if I hadn't gone through what I did. Anyway, a Disney wedding is such as special way to begin your life together.

My favorite part so far is that photo of your dad and fiancee. Happiness doesn't get any more real than that!
I'm sorry you had to go through that as well. I'm glad I've moved on and am stronger now for it. I guess I needed to be a damsel in distress so my real prince charming could come rescue me !

Last edited by polynesianbride; 01-16-2009 at 11:01 AM.
polynesianbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:49 PM   #17
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Colors

So we had decided on our tropical theme but I have had a hard time with colors- since I won't have bridesmaids I didn't know where to start. So I looked at tons of different combos and was leaning towards pink and orange... but DF thought it was too girly He said he needed at least one manly color but that orange didn't count. I felt a little internal pressure to do christmas colors since we're getting married in December but then what about our theme? So I thought why not take Christmas colors but use a more tropical version of those colors Since I don't have a wedding party the colors are mainly for flower inspiration and invitations I searched for some paper online. I found this great paper that has some shimmer to it at paperandmore.com and you can order singles of everything (which is good bc I only need 7 invites). I ordered some samples and showed it to DF and he liked it So here's what I'm planning on for now...

Then we'll use silver accents. I will probably still incorporate a few splashes of other tropical colors like these:

I'm going to try to make my own invites but I'm not very crafty... I know I have tons of time but I'll probably need the time to figure it out. Luckily I found these boards so I can use someone elses ideas and just try to recreate it . I love the cards and pockets style but I'll do those... later ! Hopefully they don't discontinue my papers before that!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
feline figaro
WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet

Smile

Great to hear all of your plans & see all your lovely pics . We re getting married in May & like you are having our wedding day dinner at Ohanas & will hopefully be ending the day with a Wishes Cruise on the Grand 1 (just am waiting for the 90 day mark to book this.)
We re getting married at SBP though, i originally wanted Sunset Point when we first started wedding planning but weddings are nt held here in May so we changed to SBP. We visited WDW in Oct for our planning session & sat at Sunset Point to watch Wishes, its a truely beautiful location.
Dont let someone sway your decisons just because they said they re not a fan of the location. WP personally is nt for me but i know most brides love it, all the locations offered are beautiful, it just comes down to personal choice. When i read about what the lady said i found it quite rude of her to have been that blunt with you .Im sure you did nt ask her for her preference anyway. We walked a round the grounds of the Poly on several occasion as this is where we re staying when we get married & it never was windy at all.

The view a lone at Sunset Point is incredible, you ve made a great choice . We re having Randy come over to the Poly after pics at SBP/Boardwalk/Yacht Club just so we can have some shots taken on its beach & at Sunset Point. Photos with Cinderellas castle in the background will look amazing.

Cant wait to hear more

Becca x
Old 01-15-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by feline figaro View Post
Great to hear all of your plans & see all your lovely pics . We re getting married in May & like you are having our wedding day dinner at Ohanas & will hopefully be ending the day with a Wishes Cruise on the Grand 1 (just am waiting for the 90 day mark to book this.)
We re getting married at SBP though, i originally wanted Sunset Point when we first started wedding planning but weddings are nt held here in May so we changed to SBP. We visited WDW in Oct for our planning session & sat at Sunset Point to watch Wishes, its a truely beautiful location.
Dont let someone sway your decisons just because they said they re not a fan of the location. WP personally is nt for me but i know most brides love it, all the locations offered are beautiful, it just comes down to personal choice. When i read about what the lady said i found it quite rude of her to have been that blunt with you .Im sure you did nt ask her for her preference anyway. We walked a round the grounds of the Poly on several occasion as this is where we re staying when we get married & it never was windy at all.

The view a lone at Sunset Point is incredible, you ve made a great choice . We re having Randy come over to the Poly after pics at SBP/Boardwalk/Yacht Club just so we can have some shots taken on its beach & at Sunset Point. Photos with Cinderellas castle in the background will look amazing.

Cant wait to hear more

Becca x
Hi Becca! Thanks for reading! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding- it's almost here! I'm glad to have found a bride who's having similar plans to mine so you can give me some advice! Do you have a PJ? I'm glad to hear it's never been too windy when you've been at Sunset Pointe. I have seen a few wedding pics where the brides dress was blowing in the wind but thought it looked gorgeous! The main thing I worry about was that I wanted my hair half up and half down but think an updo would be more secure. Maybe with enough hairspray it will stay!

So I would love to hear more about your OHana's dinner. How many people will be in your group? What time is your reservation for? Did you have to go through group dining? Have you talked to a manager or anyone at the restaurant to make any special arrangements? Our wedding will only be the 10 people but we have some other family members that will probably be joining us for dinner so our party will be 20-25. What is your timeline? I've heard that with larger groups they limit you to the first seating or to a rather late seating. The early seating will probably work fine for us but I worry that we'll be done too early and have to waste time until our Wishes cruise. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:13 PM   #20
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Engagement Card

So... we've been engaged since April so everyone knows we're engaged...but it's too early to send out any real save the dates...so I decided to send out a little announcement to those who will be coming to the wedding just for fun. I took a photopass picture from our Disney trip last month...

And used the photopass website to make it into a card...
Front...

Inside...

Closer pic of inside...

And I used these stamps...

I think they turned out pretty good for being so easy. We sent them to our parents, our brothers, and his grandma's... which is who will be at the wedding itself. We also sent one to his Aunt and her family because they are insistent that they want to come and celebrate with us even though they can't come to the ceremony- they're going to make it a family vacation. DF would really like for her to be at the ceremony itself because he is close with her, she is also his godmother, but also because his grandma is deaf and his aunt is able to interpret for her. I have never heard of Disney bending the rules before on the limit but we're going to ask anyways if we can have an "interpreter" there. If not they will still be spending the rest of the week with us and will be included in the dinner on our wedding night, etc. I feel okay about because they have been clear about the plan from the beginning and were always aware that they wouldn't be at the wedding itself.

So... that makes our group 14 people. Plus our brothers both have pretty serious girlfriends so they will probably be there for everything but the ceremony as well... making it 16 people. Then there are about 20 billion other people my mom keeps trying to add on and I keep telling her NO! My first wedding, between my parents and the in-laws, they invited 500 people! Luckily only 350 came but I didn't even know some of them! I didn't say much then because my dad was paying for alot of it but it's not going to happen that way this time! We are still debating if we are going to have any more "add-ons" for dinner at OHana's. I think it's a little rude to invite people to come all the way to Florida but not let them come to the ceremony. I have an Aunt, Uncle, and 2 cousins that live in Tampa that really want to come and I think that would be ok because it's not that far for them, that would make 20... but then I feel like we should atleast give the other Aunts and Uncles the option of coming so no one gets their feelings hurt...then it would be 28 people! Then sometimes I really want a few friends there...and it gets totally out of control! Anyone done this before where you have more people at Disney celebrating with you than at the actual wedding? We are planning an at home reception in Michigan so everyone will be included in that.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #21
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

E card /sort of STD announcement

I LOVE your card- very nice and great idea!.....
Old 01-18-2009, 12:35 AM   #22
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by padisneyfour View Post
I LOVE your card- very nice and great idea!.....
Thanks Tammy! Glad you like it! Not as creative as alot of people on here but it was a good first project!

So on to flowers...

So since I'm an Escape bride I believe I am limited to choosing from the 5 bouquet styles offered... but that I am allowed to change the colors in bouquet as long as the color is available for that season. Some of these pics I have borrowed from these boards so if it's yours- Thanks!

My favorite flower of the moment is green cymbidium orchids

I plan on wearing one in my hair and maybe adding a few to the cake... as for my bouquet though this is not one of my options. And since my flowers are one of the only chances I get to pull color into my wedding (since I don't have bridesmaid dresses, etc) I want a bit more color and I plan on going with the tropical bouquet...

The standard bouquet has green dendrobium orchids, green cymbidium orchids, orange roses, and burgandy mini cala lillies.

What I'm going to ask for is no green dendrobium orchids(only cymbidium orchids), change the burgandy cala lillies to mango (i think that's what they're called) cala lillies, and change the orange roses to fuschia roses. Do you think they'll do this?

In the end it should look something like this...

but instead of white cala lillies- mango ones like in this boquet (is there a more accurate name for this color cala lily than mango?)...

Here's a pic of just fuschia roses and cymbidium orchids...so just imagine the mango cala lillies and a little tropical greenery

I also really like the 2 tone roses in this boquet... does anyone know what they're called... I would maybe mix some in with the fuschia roses...

Here's some more inspiration pics that have elements of things I like...

And if we were having a big reception and had a lot of money to spend on decorating the tables it would look something like this...
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 PM   #23
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

great flower choices, I think they will work perfectly with your escape wedding, I love green orchids too, they are a little different then standard white and they will work perfectly with the tropical feel of the Poly!
I have a folder of things I would love if I had the budget of ohhh something with 6 figures , maybe in my dreams right!
tiggersam00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:25 PM   #24
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
great flower choices, I think they will work perfectly with your escape wedding, I love green orchids too, they are a little different then standard white and they will work perfectly with the tropical feel of the Poly!
I have a folder of things I would love if I had the budget of ohhh something with 6 figures , maybe in my dreams right!
Maybe you'll win the lotto and then you'll be glad you have that folder Just think of me if that happens
Old 01-21-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Favors & Welcome Bags

So when we were at Disney last month there were a few wedding purchases I just couldn't resist!

Since we are getting married in December I thought it would be nice to give everyone an ornament to remember our special day by. I found these for 50% off

I plan to take silver paint pens and personalize them with our monogram and wedding date or with each guests name... I can't decide. They actually have people at Disney who will do this for you but I'm going to try my creative hand at it and try to save some money. The ones they do are quite artistic... I think I'll just try to keep it simple. I have a few more than I will need so I can practice.

I also fell in love with these bags to make welcome bags with. They are just so bright and fun and... Disney!

I love all the little classic Mickey's if you look closely!

Unfortunately these were not 50% off... but I did get 10% off for using my Disney Rewards card... plus the points you earn on it. DF is not crazy about these but I didn't really figure the guys would be the ones carrying them around anyways I think it makes a great beach bag and want to give something nice to our guests since they are traveling to Disney for our wedding. At this point we plan to put a folder with all the wedding info in these, along with Mickey ears for everyone (I would like to have them all personalized if I have some spare money), and we also plan to put a refillable mugs for each of our guests in here as well. Here's a sample of what this years mugs look like.

Just those things will make it pretty pricey but luckily we'll only have 16 of us... so 8 bags. I had originally wanted all sorts of fun things in our welcome bags like personalized towels and t-shirts but DF thinks this is more than overkill already- so we agreed on just the mugs (bc we know the guests will use them) and ears (bc it's classic Disney and we want everyone to wear them for our "rehearsal" dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo). I'm sure I will find some other small Disney tokens on sale to sneak in though
Old 01-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #26
padisneyfour
DIS Veteran

Purchases....

I love the colors esp. of the bags and the little mickeys! Great items!WOO HOO!

Last edited by padisneyfour; 01-21-2009 at 01:21 PM.
padisneyfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:58 PM   #27
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

woah ive missed out on all this already..! eek!

I love that photo of you both at the sea with the sunset in the background... its so romantic!!

All of your plans... you seem soo organised!! i havent read through properly yet, but i will tomorrow at work, heh, so i will send another message when ive read through everything. i just wanted to say everything looks so good at the moment..!

woo hoo for you!!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 04:39 AM   #28
malibustacey
Son of a building block! Its Woody! .... its... Pretty good. Pret-ty pret-ty pret-ty good

okay so ive read through your PJ and im gald that you are happy now after all you have been through. Its so nice that your DF was patient and really wanted to show how much he was comitted to you!

Love the photo of your DF and your Dad! Its so nice to know of their approval. I love the idea of having a casual wedding, and especially if you have a casual white dress with those bright colourful flowers!! It would look so pretty!

I know what you mean when people, like mums keep trying to invite others along- i am having trouble- we only want the max of 40 people because we will struggle to pay for 40, yet alone more! Hehe! Its nicer with small, intimate weddings, its more personal for the bride and groom- to have your day and share it with the most important people that will be there for you in the future. I have heard of weddings that have had hundreds of people there and it hasnt been enjoyable for the bride and groom because they didnt know anyone.

I love your plans so far, and i will take your tip of buying some things at Disney when we go there in March- if they are on discount- so i could start building up welcome bags.

I love the save the date cards you made! We are going to have to do something similar- because we have another family wedding that will be in Jamaica 3 months after ours so our family will be torn on whos to go to- so we want to get out some save the date/ engagement cards like you- just to let guests know when the wedding will be!
malibustacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 11:18 AM   #29
tiggersam00
Dole Whip addict... and proud of it!

Quote:
polynesianbride: Maybe you'll win the lotto and then you'll be glad you have that folder Just think of me if that happens
It's a deal! Have you seen the show on WE tv called My fair Wedding? It's hosted and planned by David Tutera (the guy who makes all the Disney "Couture" weddings). Those wedding are insane! They are easily above 6 figures, I saw one in the 7 figures! crazyness!

I love you welcome bags, the mugs are a great idea too! I used my mug non-stop when I go down to WDW! I am going to put together some small packets for our guests too so it is nice to see all the cool stuff you are finding!
tiggersam00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:10 PM   #30
polynesianbride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibustacey View Post
okay so ive read through your PJ and im gald that you are happy now after all you have been through. Its so nice that your DF was patient and really wanted to show how much he was comitted to you!

Love the photo of your DF and your Dad! Its so nice to know of their approval. I love the idea of having a casual wedding, and especially if you have a casual white dress with those bright colourful flowers!! It would look so pretty!

I know what you mean when people, like mums keep trying to invite others along- i am having trouble- we only want the max of 40 people because we will struggle to pay for 40, yet alone more! Hehe! Its nicer with small, intimate weddings, its more personal for the bride and groom- to have your day and share it with the most important people that will be there for you in the future. I have heard of weddings that have had hundreds of people there and it hasnt been enjoyable for the bride and groom because they didnt know anyone.

I love your plans so far, and i will take your tip of buying some things at Disney when we go there in March- if they are on discount- so i could start building up welcome bags.

I love the save the date cards you made! We are going to have to do something similar- because we have another family wedding that will be in Jamaica 3 months after ours so our family will be torn on whos to go to- so we want to get out some save the date/ engagement cards like you- just to let guests know when the wedding will be!
Thanks for reading Stacey! I have been following along with you as well! I'm not really organized... I've just been engaged forever already... and I still have over 22 months to go! Hopefully I don't completely change all my plans before then and decide on an all white wedding or something and then be stuck with all my bright colorful things I bought Definately send out some engagement/pre-STD's... I wasn't sure if I should or not but just seeing it writing seems to have cleared up a lot of people's questions... and now no one can say I didn't give them PLENTY of notice

Quote:
It's a deal! Have you seen the show on WE tv called My fair Wedding? It's hosted and planned by David Tutera (the guy who makes all the Disney "Couture" weddings). Those wedding are insane! They are easily above 6 figures, I saw one in the 7 figures! crazyness!

I love you welcome bags, the mugs are a great idea too! I used my mug non-stop when I go down to WDW! I am going to put together some small packets for our guests too so it is nice to see all the cool stuff you are finding!
Thanks Samantha! We are total mug people and make a point of drinking soda til we burst when we're there... I don't know what David Tutera would say about my mugs but I would drop all my plans in a second for one of his weddings I wish I got the WE channel because they are apparently doing a special on Disney weddings and featuring a DISbride with a Couture wedding... I would love to see that!

So I have escaped the horrible Minnesota weather this week (there were three days last week where we didn't even hit a "HIGH" of zero ) and I am visiting my parents in sunny Naples, FL I have now been engaged for almost 10 months and haven't tried on a single wedding dress! So... my mom and I are going to go on Monday and start the search! Wish me luck- I'll take pics if they'll let me!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: