Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #1396
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post

Wow... I didn't collapse and fall over waiting for YOU to get to Florida last year... (I think you like Jackie MUCH more than me... )
Nah, he just likes the opportunity to be DRAMATIC.

And he knows we get a kick out of it.

Here's some news:

Last week on the Magic they did NOT have staggered dining times...just 5:45 and 8:15. We're all waiting to see if this was a fluke (maybe fewer cruisers) or a change. Seems to me they didn't have staggered times during the Med cruises...anyone remember? If its a permanent change, it will alter what I'd want to request for dining rotation.

Also, if you are planing on renting a car at MCO, the port or WDW there's a wealth of information on MouseSavers. http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

That's all for tonight folks! Bedtime!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 AM   #1397
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

That's a great place for info...

ALSO...

If you look under Dollar.... KISS2 is a very good code... it's the standing code for Kissimmee St. Cloud visitors... Magic card I believe... so give it a try...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #1398
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
You can click this to bide the time until I get back.

By the way....I can't tell you how many times I annoyed my co-workers with this...I'd ask them a question then click on the link! Good thing there was only about an hour left in the work day!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #1399
ibouncetoo

Michelle....GO TO BED!

I'm thinking of slamming down a shot of Frangelico and toddling off to cloud cuckoo land.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 AM   #1400
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I just got up a little while ago... still trying on the piece of sand... must go make a much more disgusting cocktail, but after that, if it doesn't work I hear beer is my next option.. it might not get rid of it... but I'll feel better...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 04-15-2009, 08:10 AM   #1401
skoi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
Coral World in St. Thomas is wonderful for little ones. We took our DGD's ages 3 and 5 there and they loved it. It is a small park so it is not overwhelming and you have plenty of time to spend on the adjacent beach. We all loved feeding and swimming with the fish. So much fun! I am hoping to go again this time.

Donna
Thanks Donna. We're going to have to split up (I'm watching way too much Scooby Doo with the kids). Oldest dd who doesn't like the beach, also has a THING about fish/aquariums, etc. She's more of a book-reading, sketching, history type. I'm so glad my husband is back so I can make him take the little kids while I take the big girl to look at historical sites.

Julie
Old 04-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #1402
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Nah, he just likes the opportunity to be DRAMATIC.

And he knows we get a kick out of it.

Here's some news:

Last week on the Magic they did NOT have staggered dining times...just 5:45 and 8:15. We're all waiting to see if this was a fluke (maybe fewer cruisers) or a change. Seems to me they didn't have staggered times during the Med cruises...anyone remember? If its a permanent change, it will alter what I'd want to request for dining rotation.

Also, if you are planing on renting a car at MCO, the port or WDW there's a wealth of information on MouseSavers. http://www.mousesavers.com/rentalcar.html

That's all for tonight folks! Bedtime!
If I remember correctly we had staggered times on TA coming back.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #1403
ibouncetoo

Just looked up WDW ticket prices from my MouseSavers newsletter and will be able to save about $20 off a 7 day hopper....hey, that's FOUR drinks of the day on the ship!

Peg, sent you an e-mail, looks like I can save about $18 off your ticket AND get you a FREE extra day! (6 day hopper) So you could have dinner inside Epcot Saturday night and stay for Illuminations.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:13 AM   #1404
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Just looked up WDW ticket prices from my MouseSavers newsletter and will be able to save about $20 off a 7 day hopper....hey, that's FOUR drinks of the day on the ship!

Peg, sent you an e-mail, looks like I can save about $18 off your ticket AND get you a FREE extra day! (6 day hopper) So you could have dinner inside Epcot Saturday night and stay for Illuminations.

BRING ON THE BBC's!
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 04-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #1405
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
BRING ON THE BBC's!

....off to the shower....and work.....and happy it's "LOST" day!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:10 AM   #1406
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Ouch...

Quote:
I all fairness, your big sister did mention that option.

However, being family you just tuned her out, but I fully understand that. I mean, what is family for except to ignore their advice?

Yes I know she did - but at the time I wasn't sure if we'd be doing Kennedy Space Center that Saturday or the Holy Land experience... which kept me from making the decision... now you DO sound like one of my siblings...
Quote:
I'm just as funny as Sukie ... only he gets paid for it.
Does he really? Someone told me just the other day that I should "take that gig on the road" - can't for the life of me remember what I said that was funny - but I am really more "silly" than witty/funny.

Quote:

I got your email and replied... thanks for saving me a few buckaroo's for those BBC's as well, I have a feeling once the DH gets one taste we'll be spending $$$$ you know how he is with his umbrella drinks. Although thank GOD he's a cheap drunk. Did I ever say that I've actually NEVER seen my DH drunk? True... maybe this will be a first.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #1407
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Can I just add...

i"m getting excited!!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 02:58 PM   #1408
dr&momto2boys
DIS Veteran

We purchased our airfare for our trip this morning. We got great times and good fares on Southwest. $716 for four of us from Chicago.

We also decided to spend 3 nights at Universal before the cruise. Have any of you ever stayed at Portofino Bay Hotel or Royal Pacific Resort? We're trying to decide which one.
Old 04-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #1409
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

We have stayed at the Royal Pacific and really loved it. It is the 'cheapest' of the three hotels, but is very very nice. We have friends who stay at the Portofino Bay, and that is more upmarket of course. We looked around the place and it looks stunning.

I think it depends on budget. Portofino Bay is further away from the parks but you can still walk if you want. There is boat transportation. We walked most of the time from the Royal Pacific.

Old 04-15-2009, 03:04 PM   #1410
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr&momto2boys View Post
We purchased our airfare for our trip this morning. We got great times and good fares on Southwest. $716 for four of us from Chicago.

We also decided to spend 3 nights at Universal before the cruise. Have any of you ever stayed at Portofino Bay Hotel or Royal Pacific Resort? We're trying to decide which one.
Kaz can tell you about the HRH - shouldn't she be home & checking in w/ us by now??
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 WBTA 9/19/15 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: