Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #1381
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Hello again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
You I.M.S. you! Congrats.

Oh, I forgot, I was going to look up park hopper tickets for you too.....

Hey I'm not an IMS!!! Well I used to be, but not so much now...
Quote:
Park HOPPER for one person on Disney web site:

4 day $269 (with estimated tax $286 ish)

5 day $272 (with estimated tax $289)

6 day $275

7 day $278 (with estimated tax $296....this one is MINE!

Some discounts are available through approved brokers.
HOLY CRAP that's about the same as my FLIGHT!!!! Geez - Disney...

Ok, JR I'm getting more and more confused about this ONE night hotel stay prior to skipping on over to the BOARDWALK! I guess I should start with which hotel will let me dump the rental car! That makes it a bit easier. What is the best way to find that out? Oh sister with all the answers...
Old 04-14-2009, 06:01 PM   #1382
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Yeah....but I can't get my sisters in the gondola. Guess they'll have to 'choose the least scary' option.

Monica....I left Nan a cell phone message about SW Airlines.

Cheri and I are flying in on the same flight!

Ian...what time do you guys arrive? Are we going to have to wait around for you????

I'm glad I'll get to be using all the days for my DDP, though one dinner will be OOP since we're doing one signature restaurant.

Why, you don't want to wait? I sort of like the image of you sitting on your suit case, hat and white gloves, with your hatbox.

Our flight arrives at 11:50 AM. We should have the car by about 12:30-ish and be at VWL by 1:30-ish.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #1383
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Well, Peg-a-la, there is the Shirley's helpful thread that I gave you a link to that has tons of info. But, I believe Avis drops at Swan/Dolphin and the others drop at either a Downtown Disney hotel OR the Disney Car Care Center....all of them will then take you to your Disney resort. So first, look for the best car rental deal and then confirm the WDW drop off area.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 04-14-2009, 06:11 PM   #1384
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Our flight arrives at 11:50 AM. We should have the car by about 12:30-ish and be at VWL by 1:30-ish.

Good...you can go to the store and get my diet root beer!

BTW, I'm the one in the second picture!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day
Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #1385
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Hey I'm not an IMS!!! Well I used to be, but not so much now...
HOLY CRAP that's about the same as my FLIGHT!!!! Geez - Disney...

Ok, JR I'm getting more and more confused about this ONE night hotel stay prior to skipping on over to the BOARDWALK! I guess I should start with which hotel will let me dump the rental car! That makes it a bit easier. What is the best way to find that out? Oh sister with all the answers...
OK, let me push your big sister over and wade in with my advice... and my opinion.

If it were me, I would stay at the Boardwalk (if it's available) on Saturday night, because quite frankly I hate schlepping around. But, I don't know your economic situation, and the dollar value of the "schlepp factor."

I myself detest packing and unpacking, so when I get my butt into a hotel room, I intend to keep it there until I check out.

Plus, Hisselfness, would look at me like I'm crazy and call me cheap (though we all know that he has champagne tastes on a Diet Coke budget ... but I also place a very high value on domestic tranquility and so usually acquiesce.)

I know of a DVC slumlord who would be happy to inquire regarding a booking.

Alamo/National have a rental desk at the Swan & Dolphin hotels, which is just a scoot and boogie over from the Boardwalk. BUT, you can also drop a car and their rental location near Hess Gasoline near the Magic Kingdom and they have a shuttle that will take you whatever on property resort you are staying at.

(This represents the opinions of this author and not necessarily the opinion of this station or your big sister who may slap me.)

Old 04-14-2009, 06:16 PM   #1386
iankh

Quote:
Well, Peg-a-la, there is the Shirley's helpful thread that I gave you a link to that has tons of info. But, I believe Avis drops at Swan/Dolphin and the others drop at either a Downtown Disney hotel OR the Disney Car Care Center....all of them will then take you to your Disney resort. So first, look for the best car rental deal and then confirm the WDW drop off area.

Peg-a-la? You are Jewish! Are we going to be celebrating Peg's Bat Mitzvah? Should I change the nature of the celebration on her reservation?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #1387
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Mr. Ian

Quote:
OK, let me push your big sister over and wade in with my advice... and my opinion.

If it were me, I would stay at the Boardwalk (if it's available) on Saturday night, because quite frankly I hate schlepping around. But, I don't know your economic situation, and the dollar value of the "schlepp factor."

I myself detest packing and unpacking, so when I get my butt into a hotel room, I intend to keep it there until I check out.

Plus, Hisselfness, would look at me like I'm crazy and call me cheap (though we all know that he has champagne tastes on a Diet Coke budget ... but I also place a very high value on domestic tranquility and so usually acquiesce.)

I know of a DVC slumlord who would be happy to inquire regarding a booking.

Alamo/National have a rental desk at the Swan & Dolphin hotels, which is just a scoot and boogie over from the Boardwalk. BUT, you can also drop a car and their rental location near Hess Gasoline near the Magic Kingdom and they have a shuttle that will take you whatever on property resort you are staying at.

(This represents the opinions of this author and not necessarily the opinion of this station or your big sister who may slap me.)

I would be MOST grateful if you would look into that anti-schlepping scenario for us! Now why didn't I think of that?
Quote:
Peg-a-la? You are Jewish! Are we going to be celebrating Peg's Bat Mitzvah? Should I change the nature of the celebration on her reservation?

I told you! I'm all for adding MORE reasons to party!
Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #1388
iankh

Quote:
Good...you can go to the store and get my diet root beer!

BTW, I'm the one in the second picture!

Why, what time do you arrive?

OH, perhaps I should go and read the email from you.

You can click this to bide the time until I get back.

You get in at 5:20? Are you working that day.

I shall die by the minute until we are reunited.

(I am sure that people are now speculating how much nicer this thread was when I didn't post here)

Old 04-14-2009, 06:34 PM   #1389
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

P.s.

Ian - you are so funny - I think I better get my abs in shape before cruising with you - because I believe I will be laughing a great deal! Hisselfness - that's FUNNY! Did you or Suki come up with that?
Old 04-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #1390
iankh

Quote:
I would be MOST grateful if you would look into that anti-schlepping scenario for us! Now why didn't I think of that?
I all fairness, your big sister did mention that option.

However, being family you just tuned her out, but I fully understand that. I mean, what is family for except to ignore their advice?

Old 04-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #1391
iankh

Quote:
Ian - you are so funny - I think I better get my abs in shape before cruising with you - because I believe I will be laughing a great deal! Hisselfness - that's FUNNY! Did you or Suki come up with that?
I'm just as funny as Sukie ... only he gets paid for it.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #1392
ibouncetoo

Quote:

(I am sure that people are now speculating how much nicer this thread was when I didn't post here)

No, I am not working that day, I'm leaving at a RESONABLE hour (10 something AM) and it's LONG flight, plus a three hour time change. (Poor Nan is probably having to leave at 6AM)

(Think we'll need a 7:30 ish ADR that night)
Old 04-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #1393
mishoe01
Addicted to DCL but no need for an intervention

Jackie/Ian/Cheri/Sukie (see girl, boy, girl, boy .... think "White Christmas")

what day are you guys flying in? the 11th or are you in earlier?
DW 3/10/05 9/29/05 12/10/06 Alaska 5/3/11 Hawaii 15nt 4/29/12 DM WBPC 15NT 5/10/08 7NT E 9/12/09 7NT W 1/23/10 EBTA 14NT 4/10/10 DD MV 1/26/11 4/1/12 11/3/13 12/15/13 DF 12/15/12 NCL Jewel Baltic 12NT 4/28/09
Old 04-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #1394
ibouncetoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
Jackie/Ian/Cheri/Sukie (see girl, boy, girl, boy .... think "White Christmas")

what day are you guys flying in? the 11th or are you in earlier?
Friday 9/4!

.....oops, hit submit too soon (that's what I get for talking to Cheri on the phone while DISing)

A WEEK at WDW first. So I'm sure we'll be doing some meeting up and dining and before you head over to Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:46 PM   #1395
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
Are you?
I'm thinking about it...

Quote:

Wow... I didn't collapse and fall over waiting for YOU to get to Florida last year... (I think you like Jackie MUCH more than me... )

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: