Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:38 AM   #871
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLittleMermaid View Post
Hey, I'll adjust. Did I ever tell you that the first 3 years I taught, I lived in Tucson and commuted 60 miles @ way to my school? I met my carpool every morning at 5:30 a.m! Ha! So there!
Mind you, they may get huffy. If they do, they might decide that you need to be "punished" (I would make sure that no shoe are available and if they are, they are turned upside down, both of them have very good aim).

Old 02-13-2009, 02:13 PM   #872
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Happy Friday the 13th to all...

I just made a Pink angel food cake with white icing and Pink sugar crystals on the top in the shape of Hearts..

I wont have a chance to bake tomorrow, so I figured I'd do it today

I hope everyone has a Fun & Romantic Valentines Day tomorrow

I Love You
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #873
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Jan, thank you for doing this. Once I know who's interested I can start polling for which night it should happen.

For everyone else ----- you can drink whatever you want on this event. Alcohol is not required.
But it helps... SATS, huh??? Do we get graded on these too cause I'm guaranteed to get better grades on these then the other Sat's I took!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSoLittleMermaid View Post
The one and only!

Quote:
Yeah, what are you going to do when you stay in Chicago? Tallulah and Truman are early risers!
give them a key and mapquest the nearest bush?

Quote:
Mind you, they may get huffy. If they do, they might decide that you need to be "punished" (I would make sure that no shoe are available and if they are, they are turned upside down, both of them have very good aim).
Check for scorpions too...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #874
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

& The Queen Mum was born on Friday the 13th for those of you who need to mark it down in the complimentary "Freedonia" calendar you recieved... (we would have noted it, but then it would have cost extra...)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-13-2009, 10:31 PM   #875
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Happy Friday the 13th to all...

I just made a Pink angel food cake with white icing and Pink sugar crystals on the top in the shape of Hearts..

I wont have a chance to bake tomorrow, so I figured I'd do it today

I hope everyone has a Fun & Romantic Valentines Day tomorrow

Thanks!! This is my kind of baking! You make it, you describe it, I can imagine it but no calories!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-13-2009, 10:45 PM   #876
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Thanks!! This is my kind of baking! You make it, you describe it, I can imagine it but no calories!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!
Angel food is Fat Free..

This was Before I added the Hearts

I Love You

Last edited by pfishgirl; 02-13-2009 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:51 AM   #877
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Checking in

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
So, Labor Day isn't till the 7th? That's cool...I'd better look at my vacation sheet and make sure I didn't count it as a vacation day.

.....who you calling a wench?

I have Monday off (another furlough day) and realized our agencies and rep will be closed for the President's Day holiday....so no work will be piling up on my desk while I'm out....yeah!

Yeah and we get to play!!!!
Quote:
I was being polite.

I have Monday off too! Do you want to play?
Means you have to come here - we are going to go to a movie and play with my little friend Nicole (7) who lost her mom last year and needs some female play dates now and again - and she's so hysterical!!! I just love being with her!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
I also will participate in the FE...just don't know about the rest of the family group yet. Well, Dianne will be since she's in my cabin!

I think once we hit final payment time, more folks will be coming on the thread more frequently and will be wanting to get involved in activities.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for FE ideas in the meantime, of course.

I want to play FE - this cruise too!!!!!

Just woke up remembering that my boss didn't download some files for the trip (ANNUAL CELEBRATION) I've been working on and going crazy over - so I had to email them to him ... whew, I'll be glad when they are gone and I can sleep again! I can't believe I've made it thru another company event, only 2 more to go!!!!
Old 02-14-2009, 04:07 AM   #878
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

YUM - cake

Quote:
I had decided that we would dress as diplomats quite separate and aside from the whole royalty thing. The thought came to me when I was watching an old movie on TCM.

Quite frankly I think the whole notion of the "formal" and dress-up nights on a cruise (where one is paying good money) utterly ridiculous, and so I decided to co-opt the notion and do formal attire with a vengeance. Hence why I bought us tails, etc.

To my thinking, the only response to a silly notion was to treat it in a silly manner, like a costume event.

As a matter of fact on "Pirate" night, we did not dress up. There was no point, as I felt it was a franchise that had been beaten to death anyway.

But then that's me.

Because it was so difficult for people to admire us on this last cruise, on the next one, we will arrange for a formal meet and greet, for photos with us and autograph book signings.

On this cruise, we are planning on having at least 2 "costume" events. One will be formal night, the other might be an afternoon event.
Can't wait to see!!!!
Quote:
No, I don't think so. That would still mean participating.

The only thing I might consider is to have 2 suits made out of CD's and come as software pirates.
Ian - you just make me smile and smile and smile... I'm so glad I'm adopted...
Old 02-14-2009, 08:33 AM   #879
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Cupid Alert!
Stay Indoors!

(Happy Valentine's Day)

Old 02-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #880
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Morning Tortolans....or is it Tortolians?

Happy Valentines Day

Peg, sorry you were up in the middle of the night....I won't call you till later this morning....

Ian, thanks for the e-card!

Peg, glad you want to play FE.....maybe we can do a R-R team gift for our cruise mates.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #881
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post
Angel food is Fat Free..

This was Before I added the Hearts
Calories are a measure of taste.

The fewer the calories the less good the taste. Angelfood cake has no fat so little taste. But it looks nice so that makes me happy.

If it was in my house, it would go stale before I ate it as it is only air.
sorry, but I like dense calories like CHOCOLATE
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #882
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
I want to play FE - this cruise too!!!!!

Got 'cha
Old 02-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #883
Tink rules

Quote:
Cupid Alert!
Stay Indoors!

(Happy Valentine's Day)

Geez... that little sucker gets around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Calories are a measure of taste.

The fewer the calories the less good the taste. Angelfood cake has no fat so little taste. But it looks nice so that makes me happy.

If it was in my house, it would go stale before I ate it as it is only air.
sorry, but I like dense calories like CHOCOLATE
I would have put chocolate on it...

Old 02-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #884
JLSE50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
...... I would have put chocolate on it...
And I would eat the chocolate off

Old 02-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #885
EllaEnchanted
iDIS...resistance is futile!
Champagne Girls Rule!

Hi Jan, I just checked out page one.....what a fantastic job you are doing. Thank you so much!!!!

I just wanted to note that John and I fit into all five categories that you have mentioned......FE, SATS, CG, OGAA, B2B. We're doing it all!!!! So please add the additional initials after our name. Thank you so much once again.
Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life...love gives us a fairy tale.

Devout Co-Founding Member of THE CHAMPAGNE GIRLS! ... GET YOUR PINK ON!

Upcoming DIS Cruises
PLATINUM-15 cruises completed; Southern Caribbean 10/4/14 next; We moved near the mouse YAY!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: