Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM   #826
ragdoll
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Downstate Medical Center

Kay--the talk of Royalty comes from a few members of this group who were on the Westbound Panama Canal together. Michelle and Nan decided they were the Eastern Queen of the Smarties and Western Queen of the Smarties respectively due to their affection for those candies. There might have been other queens, but I forgot--remember, the brain leaks.

Ian and Sukie got into the swing of Formal Night with outfits fit for Embassadors from a foreign nation so were given titles by Michelle and she decided her mother should be the Queen Mum. Another friend at their table was a Crown Princess. Her husband might have been a Prince Consort, I do not know, but he did arrange for Cheese Sticks for appetitizers each night so Sukie was happy.

Some of the rest of us enjoyed the fun from a distance, some did not see it except in photos after the cruise or on the Thread and the rest (dare I say ) avoided them altogether.....

So guys, how did I do summing it up?

And Kay--welcome aboard whenever you are in the mood and have time, chat away. This group will have a different personality and different subgroups and that is fine!!

Jan
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now I get it!

Oh good grief! I had no idea what this was all about and Harry and I dined with the royals! Guess I really shouldn't be admitting to this at this point.
There was no way I could keep up with the WBPC repo thread and was totally in the dark about this.

Donna
Old 02-11-2009, 10:02 AM   #827
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
No, I don't think so. That would still mean participating.

The only thing I might consider is to have 2 suits made out of CD's and come as software pirates.

I'm thinking of trying for Palo on Pirate night.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #828
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayR View Post
Do, dooby, do, do do.

Yes, I know the way....

Small world (and no song there please - that one really drives me nuts!) We are in South San Jose/Blossom Valley, close to Oakridge Mall.

Gosh, I remember Town and Country (I couldn't have told you what it was called though). But I certainly remember it being torn down and Santana Row being built. We moved here from the UK about 10 years ago now. First lived in Campbell, next to the community center. Eventually moved to Blossom Valley where we are today.

Gosh, I bet you have seen some changes around here - I bet you remember fruit orchards rather than the Silicon Valley we know today.

Nice to know there is another West Coaster on the cruise. Now it would be really funny if we ended up on the same flights! Not sure when we are flying out. We will be spending a week at our vacation home in Kissimmee before we cruise. We are also trying to keep the cruise a total secret from the kids (tell them at the port kind of thing...) Lets see how long that one lasts!

-Kay
okay it's a small world....not singing it, can't make me, great stuck in my head.

on the 24th we (my 9 year old son & I) are headed to Dland for the day, for his birthday and we for sure are getting on IASM. I read it's open again from the refurb, can't wait to see what's new.

yes lots of changes here. The other day my son asked me what has changed as we drove down Winchester. I kept pointing back and forth and saying orchard, orchard, orchard. It's sad to me how they are all gone.

Good luck on keeping this a suprise from your kiddos. I'm travelling solo on this cruise, well joining Monica as her roommate.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:13 PM   #829
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Downstate Medical Center

Kay--the talk of Royalty comes from a few members of this group who were on the Westbound Panama Canal together. Michelle and Nan decided they were the Eastern Queen of the Smarties and Western Queen of the Smarties respectively due to their affection for those candies. There might have been other queens, but I forgot--remember, the brain leaks.

Ian and Sukie got into the swing of Formal Night with outfits fit for Embassadors from a foreign nation so were given titles by Michelle and she decided her mother should be the Queen Mum. Another friend at their table was a Crown Princess. Her husband might have been a Prince Consort, I do not know, but he did arrange for Cheese Sticks for appetitizers each night so Sukie was happy.

Some of the rest of us enjoyed the fun from a distance, some did not see it except in photos after the cruise or on the Thread and the rest (dare I say ) avoided them altogether.....

So guys, how did I do summing it up?

And Kay--welcome aboard whenever you are in the mood and have time, chat away. This group will have a different personality and different subgroups and that is fine!!

Jan
Kay... stick with us and one of us is bound to give you a knighthood or make you a lady...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishoe01 View Post
I'm a lady in waiting (but don't remember for which Queen).

Ian & Sukie come from the Kingdom of Freedonia.

I'M IN FOR FE STUFF!!
I do believe we split you down the middle... we share very nicely... I get you every other Tuesday in May... Nan gets you for Xmas...

Quote:
Thanks for the potted history. Now every thing is clear as mud! (Only kidding.)

Every time there was talk of queens and royalty, my mind would digress to a BBC comedy show with Rowen Atkinson and Hugh Lawrie and Miranda Richardson (amongst others). It was called Blackadder and it was a spoof on British history. One was on Elizabethan times and Miranda Richardson played a great Queen Elizabeth. In a wonderful childlike, high pitched voice she would protest "Who's Queen!" whenever she wanted to get her way. As much used as the "Off with his head" line. There must be clips on Youtube if you haven't seen it. (And it will show you the typically warped British sense of humor!).

There is a different series where you will get to see Hugh Laurie in tights! (pantyhose). A totally different viewpoint of him from his role in House.

-Kay
Hey Ian.... she belongs!!!!

Quote:
Love it!

For Pirate night, can't you dress up and be the pompous governor of one of the fair isles frequented by pirates.

We will dress up for pirate night, the kids love it!

-Kay
Hmmmmm getting you guys in tights... ok... just those socks that they wear up to their knickers... (think we can get you one of those hats with the big feathers on it??? )

Quote:
No, I don't think so. That would still mean participating.

The only thing I might consider is to have 2 suits made out of CD's and come as software pirates.
I LOVE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now I get it!

Oh good grief! I had no idea what this was all about and Harry and I dined with the royals! Guess I really shouldn't be admitting to this at this point.
There was no way I could keep up with the WBPC repo thread and was totally in the dark about this.

Donna
Says the Dutchess of Ohio.... don't you remember me giving you title over dinner one night??? You are Duke and Dutchess... so I remind you to dress appropriately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post

I'm thinking of trying for Palo on Pirate night.
Me too... I don't need all that hilarity... Ian... do you think your CD suit will do in Palo?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #830
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:

I'M IN FOR FE STUFF!!
Got 'cha
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #831
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Because it was so difficult for people to admire us on this last cruise, on the next one, we will arrange for a formal meet and greet, for photos with us and autograph book signings.

What backdrop will you use?
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Last edited by ibouncetoo; 02-11-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #832
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post

What backdrop will you use?
I think we'll do a simple lobby shot. It would be fun to see if we get "outsiders" lining up for photos and autographs.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:57 PM   #833
iankh

Quote:

I'M IN FOR FE STUFF!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8aKKF1-f-A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM01v_vVnbg

Old 02-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #834
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

"A gal-a-day is enough for me, I don't think I could handle any more." I've forgotten just how funny that movie is!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #835
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
"A gal-a-day is enough for me, I don't think I could handle any more." I've forgotten just how funny that movie is!
Now I'm in the mood to see the entire film again.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #836
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Think we could get them to play it up on the big screen?

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-12-2009, 01:54 AM   #837
granmaz

Quote:
I think we'll do a simple lobby shot. It would be fun to see if we get "outsiders" lining up for photos and autographs.
I bet there would be quite a few. Do it!!!

I hope you don't want Michelle, Jackie, Cheri, Nan, me and the other ladies to be the ballet dancers!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 AM   #838
Tink rules

Hey....

don't look at me....

I'm not even signed up for this shindig yet...

Old 02-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #839
Tink rules

Hey Marilyn... did I tell you that when Ian gave me the Kingdom of Freedonia... he never mentioned we were BROKE!!!

& wait.... I don't have to do Ballet... I'M QUEEN!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 AM   #840
granmaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
Hey Marilyn... did I tell you that when Ian gave me the Kingdom of Freedonia... he never mentioned we were BROKE!!!

& wait.... I don't have to do Ballet... I'M QUEEN!!!!

Oops, down to the broads from the honeymoon and me and Nan then. Oh, I guess Nan is a queen too.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: