Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 12:37 PM   #796
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by granmaz View Post
That is so lovely Peggy. If I was Jackie I would be tearing up!!!
and during my lunch break, with everybody watching!

Little Sister!

I've already gotten more enthusiasm (and e-mails) from my ex-sister-in-law for our 2010 cruise, than I have from our brother for THIS cruise! But then, Pam's done DCL and she KNOWS how much fun it is!
Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #797
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
I give the line to you.

We could have your Bat Mitzvah at sea.
PARTY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
Well, we got a post card from the brother-in-law from Puerto Rico - OH I see, going to Italy for 3 weeks AND spending a week in Puerto Rico - NO WONDER you can't make the Tortola cruise with us...

ARRRGHHH I personally don't care, but I sure would like to see them extend themselves for their brother...who is ALSO turning 50 this year!!!!
that's more than I'd get from MY siblings... Oh wait... my sister usually sends me a gift card...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
It's hard for ME to believe, I know you, your are the joy in our family! And, frankly, you pave the way for me in many things, including not getting older, but continuing to find the joy and fun in life!
Peggy... can I adopt you???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotary2808 View Post
To me there is no such thing as too soon. We already have the Baltic cruise planned for 2010, outside of the "norms" like our annual trip to Destin and Disney if we're able to go. And way far back in my mind already is 2011 and some sort of cruise on the new ship, just not sure what yet. I'm a planaholic.
They are the boring people in life... I keep telling mom that she's lucky to travel with me... she wouldn't have seen anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
and during my lunch break, with everybody watching!

Little Sister!

I've already gotten more enthusiasm (and e-mails) from my ex-sister-in-law for our 2010 cruise, than I have from our brother for THIS cruise! But then, Pam's done DCL and she KNOWS how much fun it is!
Take the ESIL and leave the brother home... she sounds like more fun anyway...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2009, 03:43 PM   #798
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

I put in my vacation (or so called PTO) time today for September. I had the most amazing realization !!!!!

We are taking the week before the cruise to be in WDW (we are also shacking up with a couple of wenches we picked up in the Panama Canal zone.)

Well one of the days we are in WDW is ... Labor Day!!!! That means one less vacation day consumed.

(It's the little things that make me happy.)

Old 02-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #799
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I put in my vacation (or so called PTO) time today for September. I had the most amazing realization !!!!!

We are taking the week before the cruise to be in WDW (we are also shacking up with a couple of wenches we picked up in the Panama Canal zone.)

Well one of the days we are in WDW is ... Labor Day!!!! That means one less vacation day consumed.

Hey one less day of your own time is always a good thing in my book. That's one day you can use somewhere else.

Old 02-10-2009, 05:14 PM   #800
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
So is it work that brings the two of you up to NE Indiana with frequency?
Tom is all over the state on business, yes. But we lived in Valparaiso for 10.5 years when he worked for Bethlehem Steel, NI-Source and was an independent consultant so we have a lot of friends there. The most recent trip was for calling hours for a friend who died. The last one before that was Popcorn Fest I think.
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!

Last edited by JLSE50; 02-10-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 PM   #801
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
Tom is all over the state on business, yes. But we lived in Valparaiso for 10.5 years when he worked for Bethlehem Steel, NI-Source and was an independent consultant so we have a lot of friends there. The most recent trip was for calling hours for a friend who died. The last one before that was Popcorn Fest I think.
Sorry about your friend.

So, it must be very different for you living in Indianapolis compared to NE indianapolis.

By the way, Tallulah was born in Indiana. All I know is that I had to drive to a different time zone to pick her up when she was a 14 week old puppy.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #802
ibouncetoo
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Quote:

So, Labor Day isn't till the 7th? That's cool...I'd better look at my vacation sheet and make sure I didn't count it as a vacation day.

.....who you calling a wench?

I have Monday off (another furlough day) and realized our agencies and rep will be closed for the President's Day holiday....so no work will be piling up on my desk while I'm out....yeah!

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #803
iankh

Quote:
I was being polite.

Quote:
I have Monday off (another furlough day) and realized our agencies and rep will be closed for the President's Day holiday....so no work will be piling up on my desk while I'm out....yeah!

I have Monday off too! Do you want to play?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:48 PM   #804
ibouncetoo

Quote:
I was being polite.

I have Monday off too! Do you want to play?
Yes.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #805
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

Do we really only have 5 families that want to participate in the FE?

Is there a way for people traveling with children to let us know if they are boys or girls with their ages? I know we have 3 kids that are hounding me to find out how many "friends" they will have on this cruise..

I Love You
Old 02-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #806
iankh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post

Is there a way for people traveling with children to let us know if they are boys or girls with their ages? I know we have 3 kids that are hounding me to find out how many "friends" they will have on this cruise..
I want to participate in the FE

Old 02-10-2009, 08:14 PM   #807
ibouncetoo

I also will participate in the FE...just don't know about the rest of the family group yet. Well, Dianne will be since she's in my cabin!

I think once we hit final payment time, more folks will be coming on the thread more frequently and will be wanting to get involved in activities.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for FE ideas in the meantime, of course.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #808
pfishgirl
In Loving Memory of Our Son 5/6/90 - 5/13/09

I already bought some little gifts to give out for the FE exchange

Ive never been involved in a small FE before In December we had about 40 families invovled.. The last count we had, Sept 08, had 63 children.. We even split the list in case anyone felt overwhelmed..

I Love You
Old 02-10-2009, 08:44 PM   #809
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfishgirl View Post

I know I definately want to participate in the FE. I need to come up with a good gift idea.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #810
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:

Anything to make you happy Ian...keeps US happy too...

And I don't think mom and I are staying with you... so just who ARE these wenches???

Quote:
Sorry about your friend.

So, it must be very different for you living in Indianapolis compared to NE indianapolis.

By the way, Tallulah was born in Indiana. All I know is that I had to drive to a different time zone to pick her up when she was a 14 week old puppy.
I'll tell ya... that pup is SUCH a Diva...

Quote:
So, Labor Day isn't till the 7th? That's cool...I'd better look at my vacation sheet and make sure I didn't count it as a vacation day.

It wasn't us Jackie... We're ROYALTY... he calls the Queen Mum a wench... and he's walking the plank....

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: