Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:04 PM   #781
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Michelle, how long have you had Tink Aerobics? I love it.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:32 PM   #782
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Since about 2 AM...

When did you hit 11,000 posts???

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2009, 06:51 PM   #783
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
Jan, the funny thing is that Ian made up the name for the EB TA... you should join us. Why aren't you??? Seasick??? I know that is Monica's reason, but I can't remember why you aren't coming???
You asking me?
If so, it's because we don't plan that far out. Tom's job requires him to be available most if not all of the legislative season so spring events are not considered very often. The Panama Canal cruise is something we had looked for ever since friends went in 2005 so he worked hard to make that happen and I think last year was a short season. Every other year the legislature meets fewer months. There is a schedule for it but since I don't have to know, I don't keep track.

I would love to do it. Don't have any experience with seasickness. The roughest of our cruises did not phase me but Cast members were getting sick. I felt like I had drunk one too many

Cost is another issue.

Thanks for asking though
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:56 PM   #784
nskjerven
Her Royal Meanness "SLAP"
Insert evil laugh, I've used that alot today huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
You asking me?
If so, it's because we don't plan that far out. Tom's job requires him to be available most if not all of the legislative season so spring events are not considered very often. The Panama Canal cruise is something we had looked for ever since friends went in 2005 so he worked hard to make that happen and I think last year was a short season. Every other year the legislature meets fewer months. There is a schedule for it but since I don't have to know, I don't keep track.

I would love to do it. Don't have any experience with seasickness. The roughest of our cruises did not phase me but Cast members were getting sick. I felt like I had drunk one too many

Cost is another issue.

Thanks for asking though
ok, well we have time to convince you to join. It is one of the less expensive cruises (check it out if you dare) I remember looking at going on the last one and there were lots of cabins still availble at the departure date, I suspect this will be the same way if not more since we travel in April.

Remind me again, I'm sure you've told us, but what does Tom do again for work?
Old 02-09-2009, 10:37 PM   #785
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

I asked my sister what cruise line she's thinking of taking for Greece this year... she said she didn't know because it was TOO SOON to plan anything... TOO SOON ???? I'm already thinking 2010!!! (or was that 11????)

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 02-09-2009, 11:22 PM   #786
JLSE50
DIS Veteran ** I am a post menopausal woman--my brain leaks. ** I'm allergic to idiots, I just decided.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by nskjerven View Post
ok, well we have time to convince you to join. It is one of the less expensive cruises (check it out if you dare) I remember looking at going on the last one and there were lots of cabins still availble at the departure date, I suspect this will be the same way if not more since we travel in April.

Remind me again, I'm sure you've told us, but what does Tom do again for work?
He is the Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (like EPA for the state of Indiana) appointed by the current Governor and serving at the pleasure of the Governor. When I say that people say--'that's no job security at all!' to which I say "yup"

I am a physical therapist and do homecare with children birth to three in the Indiana early intervention program called First Steps. I make home visits two days a week and do other volunteer or fun stuff the rest of the time.
DL--6x; WDW x 26; Fort Wilderness - a lot; DVC Members since 2000; OKW x 7; DVC Vero Beach x 5; DVC Wilderness Villas x 2; DVC Hilton Head x 1; DVC Boardwalk x 2; DVC Beach Club x 1; DVC Saratoga Springs x 1; SS Tree House x 1; Bay Lake Towers x 2; DCL MAGIC x 8; DCL WONDER x 4; DCL DREAM x 3; DS#1 engaged to DG (Darling Girl) on the WONDER 9/4/06; WESTBOUND PANAMA CANAL 5/10/08 MAGIC; EASTERN CARIBBEAN FAMILY TRIP 9/12/09 MAGIC; TRANSATLANTIC 4/10/10 MAGIC; 5/15/11 DREAM; North to ALASKA 8/9/11 WONDER; FAMILY TRIP 10/30/11 DREAM; HAWAII 4/ 29/12 WONDER; DVC MEMBER CRUISE 9/16/12; 6/27/13 - MAGIC in the Med (Venice) 10/26/14 Eastern Caribbean Family Cruise - ON THE MAGIC AGAIN!
Old 02-10-2009, 05:13 AM   #787
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSE50 View Post
He is the Commissioner of the Indiana Department of Environmental Management (like EPA for the state of Indiana) appointed by the current Governor and serving at the pleasure of the Governor. When I say that people say--'that's no job security at all!' to which I say "yup"

I am a physical therapist and do homecare with children birth to three in the Indiana early intervention program called First Steps. I make home visits two days a week and do other volunteer or fun stuff the rest of the time.

So is it work that brings the two of you up to NE Indiana with frequency?

Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #788
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
I have to DIS to talk to my sister
Fabulous by 50!!!

Love this idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
Or ... we could just drug her!
This is going to be my answer for EVERYTHING!!!!
Can I seal this line? Ian, are you planning for my Bat Mitzvah?
Old 02-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #789
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Fulough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
You? NEVER!

You know, this dumb furlough we are doing isn't too painful when it's just one day per pay period. But when I think about the TOTAL take-home I'm out for the quarter....it's the same amount as my park hopper and dining plan. That's a PISSA!
I can't WAIT to start mine - and do NOT get me started on the money thing, since I'll be taking a furlough and getting less money and watching the "WEAK LINK" at work, continue to make FULL pay and work 30 hours a week if THAT!

Well we all have seen that scenario, the LADY (and I use the term lightly) getting extra's at work because she FANCIES (and I use THAT term lighty) her boss ... and has FANCIED him for YEARS - (IF YOU GET MY POINT)!

Ok, I feel SO much better getting that off my chest...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:23 AM   #790
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Going back and reading past posts!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankh View Post
It's not that I have anything against you common people. You are a credit to your class. But, well, to acknowledge one in front of the public eye. That is another matter altogether.

I will be very happy to give you a cordial "hello" below stairs.

When I read this, I thought I'd wet myself... you are too funny!!!! As you can see, I am a common folk, speaking of wetting oneself in a public forum, geez, my sister Dianne would just be so ashamed...
Old 02-10-2009, 07:26 AM   #791
iankh
It's never done till it's overdone

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
This is going to be my answer for EVERYTHING!!!!
Can I seal this line? Ian, are you planning for my Bat Mitzvah?
I give the line to you.

We could have your Bat Mitzvah at sea.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 AM   #792
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Grumpy

Well, we got a post card from the brother-in-law from Puerto Rico - OH I see, going to Italy for 3 weeks AND spending a week in Puerto Rico - NO WONDER you can't make the Tortola cruise with us...

ARRRGHHH I personally don't care, but I sure would like to see them extend themselves for their brother...who is ALSO turning 50 this year!!!!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #793
TiggersPal
I am an adventurer
Fabulous by 50!!!

Sister

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibouncetoo View Post
Ahemmmmmm......I'll be celebrating birthday number 60 this year. I know, impossible to believe..
It's hard for ME to believe, I know you, your are the joy in our family! And, frankly, you pave the way for me in many things, including not getting older, but continuing to find the joy and fun in life!
Old 02-10-2009, 08:25 AM   #794
rotary2808
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
I asked my sister what cruise line she's thinking of taking for Greece this year... she said she didn't know because it was TOO SOON to plan anything... TOO SOON ???? I'm already thinking 2010!!! (or was that 11????)
To me there is no such thing as too soon. We already have the Baltic cruise planned for 2010, outside of the "norms" like our annual trip to Destin and Disney if we're able to go. And way far back in my mind already is 2011 and some sort of cruise on the new ship, just not sure what yet. I'm a planaholic.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #795
granmaz
Dis Veteran and Old Geezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiggersPal View Post
It's hard for ME to believe, I know you, your are the joy in our family! And, frankly, you pave the way for me in many things, including not getting older, but continuing to find the joy and fun in life!
That is so lovely Peggy. If I was Jackie I would be tearing up!!!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: